Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-08-2002, 11:01 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that the Nets may move to the western conference and that the Denver Nuggets will be shipped to the eastern conference

the thinking by the league is that the Nets can compete for the 8th playoff spot while the Nuggets will be competing for a spot in the NBA finals representing the East.

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2002, 11:18 AM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

The team the Nuggets have now would NOT be the best team in the East right now.. NO WAY!!! Maybe if you put Kidd on that team they may have been an 8th position in the west this year if he was on the Nuggets.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:20 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

thekid
sarcasm
Old 05-08-2002, 05:47 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally missed that one huh Kid?

funny stuff murph.....of course the Kid didn't know whose benefit that was for so I give him a pass.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 06:45 PM   #5
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Some people were looking at the Minnesota team and wondering whether or not they should break it up or severely revamp it, but they probably have the 5th best team in basketball, as is. Put THEM in the east and they would be a shoo in for the finals, in my opinion. Not the Nuggets, PU.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 07:50 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

This is a sarcastic thread......oh well...

If Minny were traded for any other east team, you are right....they would contend for the eastern conference championship right away.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:02 AM   #7
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Yes I caught the sarcasm but I had the TWolves discussion with someone at work and thought I would throw that in there since the subject was, at least, partially about a west team being in the east.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:59 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

david, i agree..
kg is a good enough player to beat the east almost single handedly.. plus he has a decent supporting cast.
east champs i'd bet
Old 05-09-2002, 09:03 AM   #9
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well now that I agree with, I think if the T-Wolves were in the East, they would FINALLY get out of the first round.

However sometimes I wonder about the two different conferences and the style of basketball that's played. For instance in the east Boston is pretty much the only team that runs like a western conference team. However they tend to lose the games that someone takes them out of their games.

So my question is this, is the difference so much more talent in the west or does it have a lot to do with styles are different? Meaning if the Lakers saw the Heat four times a year instead of twice, would Miami finally get adjusted to the point where they could beat the Lakers alot? Just a thought...

It's fairly obvious the majority of us on this board favor the western conference teams obviously because we like that brand of basketball. Therefore we say it's better automatically without even questioning does it have more to do with style than talent.
Old 05-09-2002, 09:13 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

look at the records of the top teams from each conference when they play each other over the past few years
you'll see how much better the west is
Old 05-09-2002, 09:18 AM   #11
TheKid
Diamond Member

The only problem with that is there has been NO dominant team in the East over the past few years. It's been so interchangeable over there, I don't think you could take any teams. The teams that have been dominating over the past few years in the East have been New York and Miami and both of them were terrible this year.

That's the ONLY thing I don't like about the money the players are being paid now. Free agency has made things just NUTS!!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 09:29 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

look at any one year and compare then...
it doesn't matter how you do it, the east just doesn't match up compared to the west
Old 05-09-2002, 10:38 AM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

That doesn't make much sense. I don't think the Nets fans are going to like staying up until 1:00am to watch their nets lose games against west coast teams all the time.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 11:35 AM   #14
TheKid
Diamond Member

That's not necessarily true.. If you look at the Western conference during the last few "glory" years of the Bulls the western conference from top to bottom was stronger than the East from top to bottom, BUT the Bulls won the Championships for three straight years... What happened the ONE year Jordan's team couldn't make it, the Western conference won it. So I don't think you could base it on a game to game basis.

The East makes due with what they have and they do a great job, like I said, I think the West is stronger obviously but I think there is good basketball in the East.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:50 AM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ah... but you are failing to give creedence to the jordan factor.

remember, jordan is the exception to every rule... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 12:00 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

and we're talking about now and the recent past.

much of what made the east the east during jordan's dominance is no longer a part of the east
Old 06-09-2002, 12:57 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

just thought i'd bump a classic thread debating the ineptness of the leastern conference
Old 06-09-2002, 01:06 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

this dead horse has been beaten over and over....the finals results just confirm the obvious.
Old 06-09-2002, 01:07 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

yep.. it's time to beat the dead horse some more while the lakers are beating a dead horse.
Old 06-09-2002, 01:21 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

I bet showbe rides a dead horse...or some other similar word