Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Season Ticket Relocation Event

Has anyone ever been to one? Mine is Wednesday and I'm out of town so I have to send a delegate.. I want to make sure that I've given that person all the pertinent info about what to expect.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Care to elaborate?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can't answer my question. Figured dude or someone else who's had tickets awhile might know details....

But I'll indulge you anyway. Current season ticket holders wishing to change where they sit or the number of seats in their ticket package are given the opportunity to physically go down to the AAC and pick out new seats from what's available. It's a scheduled thing, I suppose that people who've had tickets longest get the first shot and it just goes along like that. Hence, the "relocation event." It goes for two or three days, from what I understand.

I've had the same seats for 5 seasons and I wanna change for the 6th. My time is on Wednesday. I can't be there because I'm in Austin for work. I'm sending someone on my behalf, who is so gracious as to volunteer without any bribery required. So I wanted to make sure she knows what to expect.

Elaboration... complete.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

Rhylan: I've been a season ticket holder for a long time, and I've done the relocation event several times, though it's been a few years. They provide relatively clear instructions when you get there, so your friend shouldn't have a problem. You show up at your scheduled time (and the time is indeed based on tenure as a season-ticket holder), and wait until all the previous group is finished. Then, they let everyone in your group enter the arena at the same time. All of the "available" seats are tagged with a paper sign taped to them. If you want to switch seats, you take the tags from the new seats that you want to a sales rep, who signs you up and then tags your old seats, so that they are now "available" for someone else to choose. It's first-come, first-served once they let your group into the arena.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Thanks, chief - just what I needed to know.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty fun, if you really are looking to change.

The Stars do the exact same thing. I went last time to see if there was really anything better, but when you're on the lower part of the upper level, on the isle, with a bathroom right outside your tunnel that you can easily run down to un-obstructed and return in one tv time-out....well, those are the good seats.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #7
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Thanks, chief - just what I needed to know.
If the seats are an upgrade you have to pay on the spot the last time I moved and your season tickets have to have already been paid for in full as well. So, please take that into account if you are leaving it up to your friend, because he may have to pony up for the more expensive seats.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #8
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I never miss a relocation event. It's fun to be able to walk around the entire arena and see the sightlines from all your potential seats.

My advice to your delegate (or anyone else attending one of these): all seats in the AAC are NOT the same width! Make sure you sit your butt down in every seat you might consider. A few years ago I added a half season on to my existing half-season, taking the "best available" seats, and they were considerably narrower--my pregnant wife had a hard time squeezing into them and I found them rather uncomfortable as well.

Also pay attention to traffic patterns--a seat can look sweet when the arena's empty, but imagine a bunch of drunk people standing around the aisle trying to find their seats--will they be blocking your view?

Finally, make sure to check the price of the seats you think you want and several seats around it. Sometimes moving back one row or across one aisle can cut your ticket price in half. I'm planning to drop back one row this year and save a ton of money--which I'll then re-invest in adding another pair of seats now that I have a daughter who will someday soon be going to games with my wife and I.

Also: free popcorn & sodas.

Last piece of advice--they don't let very many people in at once, and the arena is huge, so there's not much "panic." I remember the first time I went to one of these, my buddy and I were so keyed up, we were like, "ok, you go that way, I'll go this way, let's beat everybody to the great seats." Uh, the great seats are seldom available, people renew those.

Oh yeah, one more piece of advice: take advantage of the opportunity to walk across the court, stand at the free throw line for a second, look around the building from that perspective. It's pretty awesome.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone ever been to one? Mine is Wednesday and I'm out of town so I have to send a delegate.. I want to make sure that I've given that person all the pertinent info about what to expect.
I go to all of them. We'll scope out angles and will move our seats for a little better angle. We've just been moved up to this afternoon so I think we are getting in rarified company!!

We still have our eyes set for one of those seats on a rail. Crossing my fingers.

One thing to tell them is that the same seats (like say corners) may/may not be at the same level...NOR have the same good angles. They are a little different so they need to actually go sit there to check it out.

Also we try to take into account the exit we plan on leaving out of. With 50+ games, getting out of there and home quickly is of prime importance to us. We always stay until the end so we try to beat the rush.

There are some places (I cannot remember where) that the seats are more or less steep. The steeper the seats the less obstructions you will get. And although sitting next to an aisle is good for you to get up and down, it also means you have to get up and down for everyone else on the row.

We are on an aisle now with only one entrance. It's actually nicer.

If you do get next to an aisle try to get it to the right or left of you so people don't walk into your line of sight when they go up and down. This can get really irritating.

We currently are not sitting on the side(being not center row) with the band..That's usually a louder side but I kinda like it. If I can I'll move back there. You can also see the cheerleaders and Champ closer if you care about that sort of thing.

They also pull people out of that section more ("I think") for games and such.

But closer trumps just about all except for unobstructed viewing. 'Rots o' ruck!

If you are taking Dart it doesn't matter about egress as they leave 15minutes after every game no matter what.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can't answer my question. Figured dude or someone else who's had tickets awhile might know details....

But I'll indulge you anyway. Current season ticket holders wishing to change where they sit or the number of seats in their ticket package are given the opportunity to physically go down to the AAC and pick out new seats from what's available. It's a scheduled thing, I suppose that people who've had tickets longest get the first shot and it just goes along like that. Hence, the "relocation event." It goes for two or three days, from what I understand.

I've had the same seats for 5 seasons and I wanna change for the 6th. My time is on Wednesday. I can't be there because I'm in Austin for work. I'm sending someone on my behalf, who is so gracious as to volunteer without any bribery required. So I wanted to make sure she knows what to expect.

Elaboration... complete.
We've changed seats before and paid a delta for them, so you might think about that. We got away from directly behind the baskets to one of the side risers (a good move) but we had to sign up to pay more right then if I recall. You might talk to your surrogate about NOT doing that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

That's the only bad thing about changing seats... I've got a single seat now, but I'm moving up to a pair. Otherwise I wouldn't give up the seat I have. It's second row, section 315, on the aisle, close to the bathroom, close to the escalator. A few feet away, price goes up a level. It has to be one of the top ten $18 seats in the whole arena.

Thanks for all the info everybody.

Ahh.. one other question - are the prices of the seats clearly labeled on the tags? Seems like a no-brainer, but you never know.

Last edited by Rhylan; 07-10-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #12
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, all the prices are clearly marked.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #13
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's the only bad thing about changing seats... I've got a single seat now, but I'm moving up to a pair. Otherwise I wouldn't give up the seat I have. It's second row, section 315, on the aisle, close to the bathroom, close to the escalator. A few feet away, price goes up a level. It has to be one of the top ten $18 seats in the whole arena.

Thanks for all the info everybody.

Ahh.. one other question - are the prices of the seats clearly labeled on the tags? Seems like a no-brainer, but you never know.
Rhylan,
You might want to check, because I was always told that we could not increase our number of season tickets during the re-location event. If you have a single ticket, you can only move to get another single ticket. Call your Account Executive to make sure.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Rhylan,
You might want to check, because I was always told that we could not increase our number of season tickets during the re-location event. If you have a single ticket, you can only move to get another single ticket. Call your Account Executive to make sure.
i have experienced the same thing--you can't add seats during the relo event--but they will let you move from half to full season.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:
Rhylan,
I told my AE that I wanted to add a seat and he told me to come to the relocation event... SO... with that being said, it should be fine. If not, well, I suppose I'll just have to throw down.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #16
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

You can also get a sneak peek at the new crappy shot clocks for next season.
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #17
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
I told my AE that I wanted to add a seat and he told me to come to the relocation event... SO... with that being said, it should be fine. If not, well, I suppose I'll just have to throw down.
Sounds like you're covered then. Maybe they're more liberal with going from 1 to 2 than they are from 2 to 4. Or maybe one of our reps just doesn't know what he's talking about--hope for your sake it's mine!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #18
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
i have experienced the same thing--you can't add seats during the relo event--but they will let you move from half to full season.
I wonder what the real answer is, because even clearly on the relocation sheet they send us, it states that you cant add seats during the relocation event. I would think if there was some sort of way, that my AE would have let me know by now. As much as I pay for our seats, I would think that my AE would know all the loop holes for adding seats. I even asked in March, and he told me that there was no way to add, especially since about 90 of the seats are already season ticket holders. They said that if they did allow the season ticket holders to add seats, then the general public wold be left out on getting seats. See, that made sense to me, because I wanted to add seats to re-sell, to pay for our seats :-)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

Went to the relocation event and it was the most sparse selection of seats I've ever seen. Normally there are quite a few to select from. I don't recall more than one or two sets of seats. Almost none in the center seats.

Hope you get lucky, there were some upstairs
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #20
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394

Hope you get lucky, there were some upstairs
That's what I like to hear--keepin' it real in the nosebleeds. I'm thinking of downgrading this year, there's one section cheaper than where I sit now. My lower-level behind-the-basket days ended exactly 363 days ago with the birth of my first child and accompanying move to the 'burbs.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #21
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Upstairs is my 'hood.

All I need is a pair.. so hopefully it'll work out.

I'll tell you one thing - if my AE turns out to be wrong about my adding a seat, he's going to get an earful.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #22
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

My scheduled time is on Thursday.

I have a question for some of the people who have already attended.

I have two very nice seats in section 330 that are $33/seat.

I am looking at downgrading to the $18 seats. Will there be any center court $18.00 seats available?
the Sections I would like to move to are in 324 to 329 or 307 to 312
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Hard to say when you get there. I saw some seats at center court on the top railing with now obstructions. If I were up top I would have grabbed 'em.

By the time you get there someone could grab them, conversely someone could return them? Crapshoot.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #24
bobatundi
Golden Member

Center-court uppers are $18 only in rows L-N. Those top-railing seats you saw are $33.

Nothing personal, Bathouse Bear, but my time is Wednesday, and I'll be jumping on the best pair of center court $18s if there are any left. Then again you may get lucky and someone else may upgrade & give theirs up. I'll post back here around 5-ish tomorrow and let you know what I saw/got.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #25
bobatundi
Golden Member

this site is the bizzomb if you want to know the exact price by section by row (disclaimer--they're last year's prices, I don't know what Cubes has done this year).

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/dallas_mavericks/
Old 07-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Yea that's a pretty cool tool. I didn't go up and look at the prices, just saw that they were there.

There were not much thats for sure.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #27
bobatundi
Golden Member

I'm sure the Trading Post keeps a lot of people in it who wouldn't otherwise renew, making good seats ever more scarce. It worked for me for a year with a new baby--but this season I'll be back with a vengeance. Just hope the Mavs are.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #28
bobatundi
Golden Member

$18 tickets were virtually nonexistent on the sidelines--you'd have to go corner or end line, or just stay where you are.

i'm actually really stoked with my seats. Last year I was in 322, row J. I liked the seats fine--over a tunnel, so nobody in front of me--but wanted to move closer to center court and was hoping to either (a) save money, or (b) get better seats for about the same money.

What I ended up doing was, I split my full season into two half-season packages. For the "back court" half, I got section 326, Row H, seats 10-11--second row of the section, with the center line literally splitting my seats. For the other half, I'm in 325, Row T, 13-14--so yeah, I'm in the last row, but it's still only one section away from center court, and I can stand up as much as I want up there since there's just a wall behind me.

Total cost: $1598, vs. $1320 just staying put. So a few more dollars, but I feel like it's a huge upgrade for half the season and maybe a slight upgrade, even though the price is lower, for the other half. If you're willing to spend a few extra bucks, you might be able to pull off the same deal--there were more half-season center-court $32s available than full- or half-season center court $18s.

Plus, next year I'll have the option of upgrading one or both halves again, depending how I like the seats this year.

It was really sparse overall though--never seen that few available seats. Also never seen nearly that many people at a relo event.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #29
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

We just relocated today. Last year we were in 323 J and really liked it. This year we moved to 313 J, almost an identical spot directly across the arena. We typically ride the DART rail to the games, so this should make for an easier entrance and exit. Also we will be facing the bench now instead of behind it, so I'm happy about that too.

bobatundi is right - there were a lot of people there and the pickings were pretty slim. I'm hopeful that eventually if we keep iterating on our spot, we'll be able to catch an aisle seat or move a couple of rows forward in a similar corner section. But I didn't see anything worth really getting excited about while we were there.

Last edited by thurst0509; 07-12-2007 at 01:42 PM.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #30
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
$18 tickets were virtually nonexistent on the sidelines--you'd have to go corner or end line, or just stay where you are.

i'm actually really stoked with my seats. Last year I was in 322, row J. I liked the seats fine--over a tunnel, so nobody in front of me--but wanted to move closer to center court and was hoping to either (a) save money, or (b) get better seats for about the same money.

What I ended up doing was, I split my full season into two half-season packages. For the "back court" half, I got section 326, Row H, seats 10-11--second row of the section, with the center line literally splitting my seats. For the other half, I'm in 325, Row T, 13-14--so yeah, I'm in the last row, but it's still only one section away from center court, and I can stand up as much as I want up there since there's just a wall behind me.

Total cost: $1598, vs. $1320 just staying put. So a few more dollars, but I feel like it's a huge upgrade for half the season and maybe a slight upgrade, even though the price is lower, for the other half. If you're willing to spend a few extra bucks, you might be able to pull off the same deal--there were more half-season center-court $32s available than full- or half-season center court $18s.

Plus, next year I'll have the option of upgrading one or both halves again, depending how I like the seats this year.

It was really sparse overall though--never seen that few available seats. Also never seen nearly that many people at a relo event.
bobatundi,
Did you get any clarification about adding seats during the relocation? I really want to know this, because we have always been told that we cant add seats during this time..
Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #31
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

I just got back from the relocation event and have others have mentioned there were very few available seats. There wasn't even that many available pairs in the cheap seats behind the baskets.
one of the ticket reps said the wating list is currently two years long, and that they had a 97% renewal rate on season tickets.

luckily i got what i wanted which was two-$18 seats in section 313. i downgraded from a Full season in section 330 to a Half season in section 313. Im getting $2,000 back which I need.

There were almost no Terrace Level center court seats at all.....maybe 4 or 5 pairs left.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #32
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
bobatundi,
Did you get any clarification about adding seats during the relocation? I really want to know this, because we have always been told that we cant add seats during this time..
They were pretty clear I could only have the same number of tickets I have now. They were OK with the two halves deal, but only if they were opposite halves--couldn't have four tickets to one set of games. As far as I know, they are still pretty liberal with letting you move from a half season to a full season, so next year I may try to bump my two halves to two fulls.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #33
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:
bobatundi,
Apparently my AE did me a pretty big favor by allowing me to add a seat. My delegate had to really work the staff to ensure that they all were on the same page getting word from the AE and apparently some guy above him that it was okay.

This is my 6th season, and it was only an upgrade from one seat to two seats, so maybe in cases like that one they have a little discretion. Worked for me, though... moved from 315 Row B to 316 Row E... pretty solid.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #34
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Apparently my AE did me a pretty big favor by allowing me to add a seat. My delegate had to really work the staff to ensure that they all were on the same page getting word from the AE and apparently some guy above him that it was okay.

This is my 6th season, and it was only an upgrade from one seat to two seats, so maybe in cases like that one they have a little discretion. Worked for me, though... moved from 315 Row B to 316 Row E... pretty solid.
I am glad they were able to work something out for you, because I have been trying to get 3 more seats so that I can re-sell them to pay for my other 3
Old 07-13-2007, 07:21 AM   #35
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
I am glad they were able to work something out for you, because I have been trying to get 3 more seats so that I can re-sell them to pay for my other 3
I think that's why they're not allowing people to add seats.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #36
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I think that's why they're not allowing people to add seats.
I dont think that is why. From what I have heard, the main reason is that it would allow season ticket holders to buy season tickets for friends, and that would defeat the purpose of the waiting list for season tickets.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #37
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Either way, this has me pumped - my time was 9:20 AM Wednesday.. maybe by next year I'll be in the rarified air of the first day of relocation. Who woulda thought.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
I dont think that is why. From what I have heard, the main reason is that it would allow season ticket holders to buy season tickets for friends, and that would defeat the purpose of the waiting list for season tickets.
As would allowing season ticket holders to buy more seats than they ever intend to use so they can sell them at a profit.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #39
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
As would allowing season ticket holders to buy more seats than they ever intend to use so they can sell them at a profit.
The average season ticket holder is not savy enough to get enough back on a sale for a ticket for a game to double their money or enough to make it worth while as a money maker scheme. As of matter of fact, most season ticket holders dont have enough money to be able to buy double the amount of tickets as well, unless you are on the first level. Even then, lower level seats usually go for less than face value as well on the re-sell side, unless it is for a couple of games against SA, Rockets, Lakers,Heat,Cavs. That is only about 8 total games to double your money from the lower seats.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #40
bobatundi
Golden Member

Isn't that exactly what you suggested you would do? Or do you mean to imply you're more savvy than the average season ticket holder?