Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

How is it that even he can spell the word 'tonight' correctly, but so many of you insist upon typing "tonite"?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #42
vaginesleeve

vaginesleeve is on a distinguished road
Default they better...

GET IT DONE TONIGHT!!!! i am not driving 5 hours there and 5 hours back in one day to see them lose!!! GO MAVS!!!!!!! I have faith we will close this out.... we know what's it like to blow series leads and i don't think dirk or Kidd for that matter will allow that to happen again.... gotta win it NOW!!!!!!
vaginesleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #43
vaginesleeve

vaginesleeve is on a distinguished road
Default They better....

GET IT DONE TONIGHT!!!! i am not driving 5 hours there and 5 hours back in one day to see them lose!!! GO MAVS!!!!!!! I have faith we will close this out.... we know what's it like to blow series leads and i don't think dirk or Kidd for that matter will allow that to happen again.... gotta win it NOW!!!!!!
vaginesleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #44
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

I think this will be a pretty close game. This is not even the homer in me talking but we will pull this one out: even though it will be close it will never feel like we're not in control of the game. Spurs will make runs (because we all know basketball is a game of runs) but our runs will be more substantive and will build on the lead little by little. Mavs win by 2 or 3 possessions. After the game the Spurs get the swine flu and get quarantined.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #45
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
After the game the Spurs get the swine flu and get quarantined.
I am not for wishing any illness or injury upon our opponents'......... but predictions are fine. Quarantine them!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #46
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see such a big dagger that deflates the arena at the end of this game. Maybe Dirk hitting a 3 with no time left to win it. Then all those blimps that drop prizes down can drop huge weenis's all over the crowd that is still standing in awe and disbelief. Then all the purse fans that come in here trolling and startin mess can go tomorrow and clean it all up with their bare hands.

Go MAVS.
KILLER INSTINCT
Take it to the hole Josh!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #47
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

Srew those free swings...close it out, TONIGHT!!

I feel we finally need to have more from Dirk and JET to get #4.

Mavs by 5
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #48
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

go mavs!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #49
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight, Pop decides that containing Dirk is a failing strategy and goes away from the aggressive double team.

Tonight, AAC South glows with the warm happiness of Dirk lighting it up for 40 points.

Mavs 92 Spurs 80
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #50
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

All signs point to a Spurs victory. But if we keep it close, within a few points with a couple minutes left to go, I can see San Antonio choking the game away.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #51
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #52
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrrrgh, Josh did reinjured his ankle on that last play

Didnt practice today but is expected to play.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #53
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

rest would do him wonders

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

If Josh gets hurt, this thing can swing the other way in a BIG hurry. He's been the key to this whole series.

-Obvious man

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-28-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #55
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Terry hits a three to put us up five with 30 seconds left to seal the deal. Mavs by 7 because of the intentional foul afterward.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #56
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
As I recall, the 06 semis did not take place in the first round...
Ah yes, i was thinking overall.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #57
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

It is time to end their pain.
Close Em Out Mavs!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #58
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough

F*****G DESTROY THEM MAVS!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #59
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dont even leave hope to their pathetic asses after the first half
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #60
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2009CHAMPS View Post
What are the odds that your name will change after this season?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #61
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2009CHAMPS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
What are the odds that your name will change after this season?
We'll change it to Dallas2009FirstRoundChamps
Old 04-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #62
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Dallas2009atleastwebeatdaSpurs too long? lol.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #63
TheMaverick
Golden Member

overkill

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #64
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric562 View Post
Dallas2009atleastwebeatdaSpurs too long? lol.
Dallas2009NoLongerFirstRoundParticipantsLikeUsAndT heCowboysUsedToBe

???
Old 04-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #65
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Careful now Mrs. Miller.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #66
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I have this weird feeling that the Spurs are going to completely lay an egg. Maybe I'm being a homer.

I sense a very winnable game here, too. How frustrating it must be for TP and to a smaller degree TD to dominate a series in 3 of 4 games like they did and still to be down 3:1. They were all fired up before game 4, looking to bounce back, left it all on the floor but it was not enough. Granted, for the most part that was because lack of support to that duo, but seriously, how could Pop motivate them and ask 'em to bring that kind of effort again, and again and then again. Because that's what they need to do if they wanna stand a chance to advance, and it's just the condition precedent, odds are still against them, even if they do. And Tony&Timmy already have proven it’s not their fault if the spurs are done after round one.

Now I’m sure Greg Popovich doesn’t like to be schooled by Rick Carlisle and I kind of expect him to get the best out of some of his scrubs tonight and maybe he’s finally willing to use that hill-kid a little more, giving TP some rest for the late game action without sucking at PG in the intermission.
But still, other than the “we’ve been here before” brave talk and their surficial denial it seems like that “egg’n’butter”spurs-duo already knows they are beaten and therefore, hopefully, won’t try too hard.

So, regarding the Mavs decent play in this series with some pretty capable guys still looking for their break-out game, I’m really looking forward to tonight’s game 5.
I expect a close game through three quarters with our Mavs discovering their killer-instinct early in the fourth. Just guessing, of course anything can happen.

Nonetheless, the one thing that unsettles me the most is the fact that all the Western first-round match-ups are facing early determination right now(Lakers vsUtah already over), and maybe the nba isn’t too happy as it probably expected some more games out of the ultra competitive Western Conference.

So Mavs better eliminate any doubts early. Go Mavs!!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #67
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Its Time to advance! It ends tonight!!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #68
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Bring it home Dallas

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #69
TheMaverick
Golden Member

[quote=mavErika;992342]Nonetheless, the one thing that unsettles me the most is the fact that all the Western first-round match-ups are facing early determination right now(Lakers vsUtah already over), and maybe the nba isn’t too happy as it probably expected some more games out of the ultra competitive Western Conference.[quote]
The first round is too long anyways.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #70
TheMaverick
Golden Member

[quote=TheMaverick;992358]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Nonetheless, the one thing that unsettles me the most is the fact that all the Western first-round match-ups are facing early determination right now(Lakers vsUtah already over), and maybe the nba isn’t too happy as it probably expected some more games out of the ultra competitive Western Conference.
The first round is too long anyways. Game 1 feels like months ago.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #71
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

We need to come out and break their spirit. Don't give them any life.

Play who after the game we are all talking about willllll bbbbbbbbeeeeeeeee..............

Dirk. Come on. We have all seen him just dominate playoff games.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #72
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
The first round is too long anyways. Game 1 feels like months ago.
Seriously, it does. Did we win that game?

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-28-2009 at 03:15 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #73
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #74
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Yeah ill change it to Dallas2009ChampsAnd2010Champs

after this season

Last edited by Dallas2009CHAMPS; 04-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Dallas2009CHAMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #75
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
4:30 for you. Early to bed and early to rise...ha ?
Yes, 4:30. Well, the sun will rise tomorrow around 5:10, so...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #76
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Mavs > Tony Parker. Unless someone like Mason steps up and drains a good 30 I think we take this one, even on their home turf.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #77
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

I am so fire up for this game that I am upgrading my adult beverage selection from Milwakees Best to Bud light.

Dirk and Terry go bananas and the MAVS COME UP WITH THE W.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #78
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Dirk will destroy the Spurs tonight!
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #79
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

I swear, I've never seen someone injure his ankles as much as Howard. It's so frustrating he keeps doing this. I really think they will never fully heal and it will nag him for the rest of his career. Like a real bad knee problem does. I hope he doesn't become Grant Hill.

Does anyone know if the injury is serious?
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #80
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about
Default Spurs columnist wants Bowen to injure Howard's ankle

Quote:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spur ... ewell.html

For old times, Bruce Bowen should bump into Josh Howard's wobbly ankle.

Bowen should do this, naturally, with arms spread, with the wide-eyed look of an innocent. Then he should bump into Dirk Nowitzki, J.J. Barea and anyone else who passes by.

For old times, Bowen should also walk out for the tip tonight for the first time in the AT&T Center since Nov. 28. He should start, just as he did every night for the previous seven years, just as he did for three championships.

Because this may be the last time.

Nothing is certain now, including the length of the series. As it was in 2006 against the Mavericks, Bowen might be back for a Game 7.

Summer decisions are as sketchy. The Spurs have yet to begin discussions on what to do with the roster and, with Bowen, there are several options.

They could keep him, and that would be easy enough. He's under contract next season.

But his salary is only partially guaranteed. The Spurs can buy him out for half of the $4 million he is due, then pursue someone else with the savings. Or they could trade him this summer, or they could trade him next season.

They already tried to trade him this season, and for a reason. Bowen might not be playing at all against Dallas if Manu Ginobili were healthy.

So the Spurs will evaluate, and they will repeat what they said last summer. They need to get younger, right?

That makes sense, except for this — Bowen seemingly never gets old. Earlier this month, NBA TV showed consecutive Spurs' closeout games from their championship years, and the 2003 game was striking.

Tony Parker looked like a baby and Tim Duncan like an MVP. Bowen looked the same. While other players have gone through unmistakable stages, Bowen's differences were subtle. He's lost a step, but it's difficult to see.

That's Bowen, ever the non-traditionalist. He's never been much of a rebounder, and he's never averaged double figures in scoring. Yet he deserves to have his number retired.

His defensive stats have never impressed, either. Jason Kidd, for example, has averaged almost 150 steals a season for his career; Bowen has never had more than 84 in any season in San Antonio.

Still, he chased scorers, and he irritated them. And when he sat down this season, the Spurs changed.

Sometimes they were better for it. Sometimes Roger Mason Jr. and others scored as Bowen rarely could.

But Saturday showed again what the Spurs once were with him. Inserted into the starting lineup to defend Barea, Bowen competed and brought playoff-tested toughness.

Afterward, as he left the locker room, he was asked if there was an adjustment since he had started for the first time in 70 games. He shrugged.

“I'd done it so many times,” he said.

If Bowen has complained this season, he's done it privately. But that doesn't mean he's been happy. He always defended his turf with a lot of pride, and he thinks he can still play. Bowen has told friends he will try to play elsewhere next season if the Spurs don't want him anymore.

He's also told people he will come back here to live, no matter how this ends for him. He's found a home.

So tonight means something to him, and to the franchise. If this is his last game in a Spurs uniform, it's the opening farewell to an era. Bowen will be the first of the core that won three titles to leave.

That's why he should start as he did 500 consecutive times for the Spurs, and why he should have a chance to be what he was, and why Howard's ankle should be on alert.

For old times.

bharvey@express-news.net
This is what I'm most afraid about happening the rest of the way.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
can i watch the mavs?, dirk, f u tnt, gdt 08/09, mary with da hat trick, nut up, pwned!!!, sanantonio quitters, we win super balls now?