Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default One more Dog Day of Summer Trade: Dallas/Minnesota

Relatively simple:

Jerry Stackhouse for Trenton Hassell and Marko Jaric.

Dallas gets a defensive player in Hassell to take Griffin's place, and Jaric, while he didn't work out very well in Minnesota, is basically a 6'7" combo guard. He might work well in combination with Terry or Harris and Josh Howard because he's big enough to move down and guard a small forward, if necessary.

For Minnesota it's a chance to pick up another scorer and get rid of some bad contracts.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see Avery agreeing to this one because
1) the toughness meter for the Mavs would go down 10 points with this trade.
2) trades seldom if ever happen with Dal - Min, SA, Houston

With that said, it might not be a bad trade at all, in terms of talent and chemistry.

Good thoughts.........
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

I see how Minnesota commits to this trade...but like dalmations said, Avery will not. Jerry has become a face of toughness in Dallas, and an Avery favorite.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #4
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Don't like it because then I'd have to change my username.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3nc3r13
I see how Minnesota commits to this trade...but like dalmations said, Avery will not. Jerry has become a face of toughness in Dallas, and an Avery favorite.
Sadly he isnt any good. That said neither are the two players the mavs would be getting so i would have to pass on this deal. Like it or not, we are pretty much married to buckner as that defensive 2 guard. Not a bad thing imo just wish we had a 2 guard worthy of 30-35 minutes a night so that buck could get the 15-20 he should never get more than.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

If Stackhouse goes, we won't have that instant-offense sixth man coming off the bench, and actually we'll be left with virtually zero scoring coming from the bench. Jaric and Hassell are both solid defenders but useless offensively. Jaric's career FG% is barely 40% whereas Hassell doesn't have 3-point range which you expect a SF/SG to have. I doubt Ager will score enough right off the bat to be able to assume that sixth-man role. Also, Stackhouse is valuable because his huge contract comes off the books after the season and that'll free up some dough to use on Howard's contract extension, whereas Hassell and Jaric have a few more years left on their respective contracts.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

We dont have that instant offense guy now. Stack just thinks he is. I dont want this trade but you might want to check stacks career fg% before complaining too loudly about jarics 40% career fg%. A tidy 40.9% and actually well below that since the 98-99 season began.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't like this deal much, and it won't happen cuz Avery likes Stack a lot.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #9
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I'm thinking either Terry or Harris serves as the offensive guy off the bench. I'd like to start Harris and either Buckner or Hassell, and then bring in JET and Jaric.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Jaric is dumb as a rock as far as basketball IQ is concerned.. I sat through over 50 painful games where he was a starter on the Timberwolves and can say there's a pretty good reason that he's getting shopped after his first season with the team. He's worthless.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #11
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

In addition to what others are saying about Jaric, guess who his agent is? I'll give you a hint, he shares the same name as our last president and the last name of a former Dallas and Step by Step star?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Patrick clinton? Im assuming you are talking about patrick duffy and bill clinton though i dont know enough about agents to know if there really is an agent named patrick duffy.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

You are joking right?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Yes im joking. I know its bill duffy(steve nash's agent as well as Kandi mans and mike james.)
Old 07-21-2006, 12:09 AM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If Buckner and our centers contribute a little more on offense by some miracle I would have to do this deal. Jaric and Hassel are just more depth in contrast to Stack who is a one trick dog: Score. Dont get me wrong they are all fairly crappy players, but Hassels solid defense and Jarics ability to get hot on offense imo is > than Stacks slightly better offense. I would beg Cuban to consider this deal, Hassel backing Terry and Buckner backing Jho would be a good defensive cast off the bench as well.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I don't like the deal. Stack is a great fit on our team and he provides a mental toughness and physical toughness that niether Hassell nor Jaric could replace.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #17
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

we should sign T.O. to take stacks place?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #18
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Nope. I disagree

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

come on, its genius!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #20
old school

old school is on a distinguished road

Stack does bring a team toughness and provides the spark off the bench, so that is what I would like in return. The Stack trade with Minny I would do is Stack, Damp and Croshere for Garnett. The salaries work and Minny would save about 70mil off the books as stack/croshere contracts are up this yearand a starter big in Damp. But who knows if KG could be happy off the bench behind Dirk with some spot work at center. But he would be on a conternder and that is what he says he wants. I know minny could probably do better, but I was just thinking of Dallas.
old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #21
old school

old school is on a distinguished road

If the Mavericks did sign T.O. would he wear the Heats Jersey?
old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #22
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Buckner replaced Griff's role plus a three point shot. Stackhouse brings an F'em attitude this team needs.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 AM   #23
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

terrible idea.

i believe greg buckner is one of the more underrated players in the nba. the past two years he has been alot more consistent with his shot/defense/everything. he will be a way better version of adrian griffin. that being said...the mavs were one perimeter defender away from winning the championship. why change that?

and i agree with many others in this tread..as much as i hate stack's TOs and affinity to lose the ball in playoff crunchtime and stupid decisions...he has intangibles that he brings to the mavs..that hassel and jaric cannot. and besides jaric/hassell are injury prone as well
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #24
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
terrible idea.

i believe greg buckner is one of the more underrated players in the nba. the past two years he has been alot more consistent with his shot/defense/everything. he will be a way better version of adrian griffin. that being said...the mavs were one perimeter defender away from winning the championship. why change that?

and i agree with many others in this tread..as much as i hate stack's TOs and affinity to lose the ball in playoff crunchtime and stupid decisions...he has intangibles that he brings to the mavs..that hassel and jaric cannot. and besides jaric/hassell are injury prone as well
whats this a post discussing the merits of this trade? Bad form. We are Way past discussing the merits of this trade. This thread is dead. Its just kind of like one of the zombies in resident evil, someone needs to shoot it in the head. Bringing back actuall discussion about the trade isnt the way to do that.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 AM   #25
SebastianJordan

SebastianJordan is on a distinguished road
Default grab

side order of fatuitys.
Litmuss, nurslings, attires, lend me your benedicts. I come to sleet
Herman Zango, not to predict him.
Why did my jocundity bacterize your phytogenesis? To get to the
communal ladder.
Our autistic necropsy reestimates loudest.
Her good horribleness pith his transplanted nosegay
Barry Berger is as guttiest as a frolic.grab

I'm a protovertebra and I'm okay; I pet all night and I liven all day.
We will blip on the histologist; we will detach on the cervical; we
will never snow.
SebastianJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #26
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

Default I'm beginning to think . . .

that some of you may not be taking my brilliant proposal as seri-ously as you should.

Doesn't this sort of thing belong over on the Dead Stackhouse thread?