Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 10-31-2006, 02:34 AM   #1
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jalen Rose?

i am not sure if we offered JJ Barea the 15th spot yet or if we're saving it for a vet to sign later...

but

the knicks waived Jalen Rose...

do yall think he would be a good fit for the mavs? another scorer off the bench? maybe he will sign for the vet min. so he can get a title?
Old 10-31-2006, 02:38 AM   #2
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Well I dont think you give up on jjb if you feel he has the upside to play in the NBA. Rose is 32 with a lot of wear on the tires. I like Rose but I don't think he fits in too well here, and JJB might come in handy with AJ being older and Harris having a history of muscle pulls. Rose will be a great fit on the right team like the Kings or the Nuggets but I dont give up a young prospect for a hired gun who cant make the Knicks.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:46 AM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I doubt he signs for that cheap (I mean, he was scheduled to make 16+ mil this year) plus, we've already given the spot to JJB.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

JJB has no guarentees outside of his salary. With that said, I don't see Rose coming to Dallas unless he has a relationship with Avery prior to now. He is old, has an attitude, and unless Avery knew him and thought he could stabilize the attitude -- I just don't see it happening.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:10 AM   #5
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I think he still makes his $16.9MM from the Knicks, unless for some reason he agreed to take less; anything he earns from another team is gravy, I think--or may reduce what the Knicks have to pay him by that amount. Not that I have any interest in Jalen Rose.

Ah, if only CreditXpert were still here to explain this impossibly complicated CBA to me.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:16 AM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

no dice!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

signed a deal with the suns for the vet minimum.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC
signed a deal with the suns for the vet minimum.
Dang, I was hoping he would at least not go to a contender.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 11-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Rose says he's accepting Suns' offer

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer
November 3, 2006

PHOENIX (AP) -- Jalen Rose has decided to accept an offer to join the Phoenix Suns, the veteran guard-forward said on his Web site Friday.

The office of Rose's agent Arn Tellem confirmed that the posting on jalenrose.com was correct, but the Suns said they had yet to hear from either the player or agent.

Rose, who received a $14.5 million buyout from the New York Knicks, reportedly had narrowed his choices to Miami and Phoenix. The Heat could pay more than the Suns, who offered the veteran minimum of about $1.2 million, much of which is paid by the NBA.

In his lengthy blog entry, Rose said being waived by the Knicks "has created an opportunity to find a team to play on that will hopefully get me back into the playoffs with a realistic opportunity to win an NBA championship."

The Suns would be Rose's sixth NBA team. The 33-year-old, 6-foot-8 swingman has a career average of 14.7 points per game. He averaged 12.7 points in 26 games for the Knicks last season after being acquired from the Toronto Raptors.

It's unclear where he would fit into the Suns' already deep rotation.

Rose wants to follow the path of Tim Thomas, who parlayed a successful stint with the Suns last season into a lucrative contract with the Los Angeles Clippers. Rose would be playing in a fast-paced style directed by two-time MVP point guard Steve Nash, rather than the more structured approach of Pat Riley's Heat.

Rose began his career in Denver, then moved to Indiana and Chicago before joining the Raptors.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #10
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Dang! I dont think he fits in Phx.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote