Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 09-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
old school

old school is on a distinguished road
Default Come December

With Philedelphia Sixers seemingly on the block with a price tag of 450 mil, and an estimated worth of only approx 350 mil, the winds of trade might be starting to blow. Come December Terry will be available. A trade scenario of Terry and Stackhouse for Iverson could work via real gm. 3360786

What do you guys think?
first post
old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

What do you mean Terry will be available? Do you mean expendable? Come December, the Mavs will have the best record in the West and ready for a run for the title.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

And btw, welcome.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how annoying he is..... Iverson > Terry so of course you do this. But I think they will be able to get more.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

They could most definitely get something more for Iverson, ...but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.

Welcome aboard.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:36 AM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

can we maybe put this thread into the Stackhouse to be dealt thingy...?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

done
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:05 AM   #8
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

december is almost here
Old 11-29-2006, 09:32 AM   #9
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hello December!

And welcome to this board old school!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #10
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

You know what, I think a JET trade with Stack for AI would put the Mavs over the top to win a championship.

This is only true if you subscribe to the following mathematics:

Devin > JET

If it was the duo of Devin and Dirk rather than JET and Dirk that got the Mavs to the finals then, for the Mavs to move over the top an AI trade would do it. After all we know JET was a piece that got the Mavs to the finals, AI has done it too so it would follow that JET 4 AI is a wash. I confidently believe the Mavs team minus stack and JET can get to the finals with AI. Role players didn't let the Mavs down vs Miami it was namely the performance of the stars. JET was no Drain Wade, and when Dirk was being thugged to death the guard play didn't match Wade's performance.

AI would give the Mavs the secondary superstar to complement Dirk, and Devin and Jho would be the silent role player types. AI would take a hell of a lot of attention away from Dirk. If you subscribe to the AI = Blackhole, then this deal would not work. However, Stack was a blackhole before coming to Dallas, and he's adjusted fine. AI would adjust; the guy averages over 7 assists a game.

Mavs - JET - Stack + AI = NBA Championship Formula

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 11-29-2006 at 08:57 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
You know what, I think a JET trade with Stack for AI would put the Mavs over the top to win a championship.

This is only true if you subscribe to the following mathematics:

Devin > JET

If it was the duo of Devin and Dirk rather than JET and Dirk that got the Mavs to the finals then, for the Mavs to move over the top an AI trade would do it. After all we know JET was a piece that got the Mavs to the finals, AI has done it too so it would follow that JET 4 AI is a wash. I confidently believe the Mavs team minus stack and JET can get to the finals with AI. Role players didn't let the Mavs down vs Miami it was namely the performance of the stars. JET was no Drain Wade, and when Dirk was being thugged to death the guard play didn't match Wade's performance.

AI would give the Mavs the secondary superstar to complement Dirk, and Devin and Jho would be the silent role player types. AI would take a hell of a lot of attention away from Dirk. If you subscribe to the AI = Blackhole, then this deal would not work. However, Stack was a blackhole before coming to Dallas, and he's adjusted fine. AI would adjust; the guy averages over 7 assists a game.

Mavs - JET - Stack + AI = NBA Championship Formula

I do think DH>jet but not a big AI fan and not sure he would make us more championship ready then we are
Old 11-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

whether you think devin>jet or not isnt the point its whether you think AI>jet which he clearly is. Then the question becomes could that team play together and im not sure it could...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

You would be a damn fool not to trade JET and Stack for AI, a superstar his age would play his heart (more so than he does already? scary) to get to the finals and win. He's a better scorer than Terry and way tougher than Stack, and he could probably match their combined stats by himself. So why the hell not? Oh thats right... Philly wouldn't do that deal if hell froze over.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Call me a fool, I don't want any part of AI. I don't like his game and I sure don't like his attitude. I surely don't like his work ethic if it is as portrayed in the media.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think its funny that you just stated exactly what everyone else around here stated when Ron Artest was on the trading block (you know... when he said he wouldn't mind playing in Dallas? And it would have costed us probably Jho OR Devin)... yet I supported the idea of him coming anyway. And what happens? We don't have a defensive stopper for a superstar in the finals? Where oh where could we have gotten one... argh.

I find it even funnier than people are still standing by that decision despite how drastically Artest has influenced the Kings by himself. Cancer my ass. AI is more like KG though, he is near the end of his superstardom and wants to be on a contender, he is an underated passer and Dirk would go insane on offense with the attention AI would draw. Would easily make us the unquestioned favorite.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I think its funny that you just stated exactly what everyone else around here stated when Ron Artest was on the trading block (you know... when he said he wouldn't mind playing in Dallas? And it would have costed us probably Jho OR Devin)... yet I supported the idea of him coming anyway. And what happens? We don't have a defensive stopper for a superstar in the finals? Where oh where could we have gotten one... argh.

I find it even funnier than people are still standing by that decision despite how drastically Artest has influenced the Kings by himself. Cancer my ass. AI is more like KG though, he is near the end of his superstardom and wants to be on a contender, he is an underated passer and Dirk would go insane on offense with the attention AI would draw. Would easily make us the unquestioned favorite.
A) Artest would have cost alot more than Josh OR devin, i dont know where the hell you are getting that. B) the kings is a completely different situation. He gets everything he wants there which he wouldnt get here.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #17
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Back when there were trade rumours going around it was speculated that Indy wanted youth or expiring contracts for Artest. Josh or Devin would be logical choices, and then fill in whatever else you want to make it match but one of them would be the main enticement. And thats pretty much what the hell i'm getting at and i'm fairly sure Indy would have bited on Josh. Between youth and overall skills he's a better choice than Peja.

Different situation? Bah. I hate speculating because I can't prove a damn thing but I firmly believe Artest would have made a major impact in Dallas for the better, disagree, whatever but he is some of what we were missing in the finals. Sure he's the Kings 'guy' now and you can argue thats why he's behaving but i'd like to think theres more to it than just that. I however believe its common knowledge around this board that superstars don't just spring into your lap so when you can aquire one you better go for them.

Last edited by Tokey41; 12-01-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Back when there were trade rumours going around it was speculated that Indy wanted youth or expiring contracts for Artest. Josh or Devin would be logical choices, and then fill in whatever else you want to make it match but one of them would be the main enticement. And thats pretty much what the hell i'm getting at and i'm fairly sure Indy would have bited on Josh. Between youth and overall skills he's a better choice than Peja.

Different situation? Bah. I hate speculating because I can't prove a damn thing but I firmly believe Artest would have made a major impact in Dallas for the better, disagree, whatever but he is some of what we were missing in the finals. Sure he's the Kings 'guy' now and you can argue thats why he's behaving but i'd like to think theres more to it than just that. I however believe its common knowledge around this board that superstars don't just spring into your lap so when you can aquire one you better go for them.
oh no doubt talent wise hes a major upgrade from well anyone but dirk on this team but the thing is in Sacto he gets to play at being a point forward and actually being a good offensive player despite the fact that hes not. That would hopefully not happen here and if it it did i would venture a guess it would hurt us as much as his defense would help PLUS you still have the possibility of him exploding.