Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-31-2022, 07:02 PM   #41
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that Javale was Kidd?s guy in the offseason, and he really wants to make it work. I have to believe this, because I don?t want to think they promised a player like McGee that he would be the starter.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2022, 10:05 PM   #42
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hardy assigned to g league
Old 11-01-2022, 05:54 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wood is questionable for tomorrow with a cold/flu
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

TMac likes to stir the pot, but man, I don't think he is wrong here.

https://twitter.com/xMuzart/status/1587601114559807488

If the Mavs screw up Wood, then I'm going to have a hard time supporting this team. Kidd hasn't had a good start to the season. The arrogance needs to take a back seat or he needs to go.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

If the Mavs screw up Wood, then I'm going to have a hard time supporting this team. Kidd hasn't had a good start to the season. The arrogance needs to take a back seat or he needs to go.
The whole Wood debacle and this year's rotations are the first real significant disagreement that I have had with JKidd...That I can recall.

Whoever in the MBT that decided to go ahead and offer the promise to start McGee to lure him here made a mistake. Its setting up for someone to inevitably be a bit disgruntled.

I stand by my opinion that Wood is gone after this season. Even if its quiet, no drama and we make a decent playoff run. Wood isn't in a position to be a locker room hassle while on contract year. I think he keeps his head down and tries to help us win and looks for a starting key role on the best team he can find in the offseason.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:50 AM   #46
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I think we all need to check ourselves with respect to Wood. He's a great offensive player but has been brutal on defense. There are times where he appears locked in and challenges his guy then either alters or blocks the shot, prevents a back down and kick out, or rebounds hard after a forced shot.

The problem is I haven't seen it near enough consistently and it has led to an overall negative, especially when his offensive game isn't near the first few performances. Is he not buying in to the system? Is it a result of being the 6th man and thinking he should be a starter?

I don't know. What I will state, is that Javale McGee is not a starter in this league. I don't know if that means Wood or Maxi or whoever else is better, it's just foolish to keep running it out there.

In any event, Wood is the 2nd or 3rd best offensive option. He will need to get consistent minutes. I just won't draw conclusions from a small sample size to start the season with new faces in the rotation. I have faith it will work itself out, but we need Wood to buy in. It's painfully obvious there's more to the Wood story than what we see and it will play out.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:49 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

This deserves a thread
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 01:47 PM   #48
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'd be happy to discuss. The Fan just had a segment discussing this on my lunchbreak. Kidd is simply trying to get the best out of C Wood and if we are being honest, we will need that if we want to be successful this season. Defense is the stink right now. The assumption is that Wood isn't buying in fully to the concept of team defense and individually.

People can say it's similar to Brunson, but what JB brought offensively and how his defensive slights could be hidden are much different circumstances. And even then, his savvy on drawing charges and jumping passing lanes is much more than what I can say Wood is providing defensively.

If you can't fit it with the team and how they are wanting to run both sides of the floor, you won't be of much help. I'm perfectly fine with this approach if it is indeed what is going on behind the curtain. And to that point, none of us know.

Last edited by saclare; 11-02-2022 at 01:48 PM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote