Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #281
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Youre typing this in a bunker arent you
Well played.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #282
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post
There is nothing worse than pedophilia murder and treason, Hillary commited all. I don't need to argue about it they're in the emails Wikileaks leaked them the truth is out. If the United States Government wasn't corrupt she'd be headed for prison but some how she was allowed to skate. I'm willing to give almost anybody a chance over her.
lol Breitbart News Network

Dont trust the Internet, i think thats what all people should take away from this election.

Last edited by sefant77; 11-21-2016 at 10:58 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #283
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'll say this and then not reply in order to give you the last word and also to not escalate any further.

1. Why are the Hillary supporters are the ones causing fights/etc at Trump rallies? Why is the republican office the one that was fire bombed? Why do we videos of liberals/democrats breaking through barricades to storm a Trump rally/hotel? I very well could be wrong, but it sure seems like it's the liberals/democrats that are the ones causing all the issues. This just seems like some fans going into an opposing team's stadium and being overly obnoxious just to get it all captured on video for youtube ... and then complain about "those people".

2. If the government needs more money, which is a better way to get it .. raising taxes or putting more people to work? People that have an excess amount of free time because they don't work or are underpaid, usually are the ones most bitter and prone to negative outbursts. My view is Get Educated and Get a Job. At the end of my 45+ hour week, I'm just too damn tired to worry about going to a Democrat or Republican rally and trying to pick a fight. I want to come home, watch the Mavs win a game, and then go to bed.

3. We had 8 years of Obama trying his way and I did sincerely hope he would be a great president just so we could all legitimately say that our first black president was great. At the end of his term, America is more divided in more ways than I've ever seen it in my adult life of 25+ years. This bothers me the most of anything else that is attributed to him both good and bad.

4. Yes, I voted for Trump. Yes, he is a complete @$$. Yes, he has sexist tendencies (very similar to Bill Clinton). Yes, he probably found loopholes in his taxes ... but I'm certainly not looking for ways to give the government more of my money than I can either. I'll agree with you and most other democrats on some but probably not all of your Trump opinions. If I'm willing to meet you this far, then why can't democrats see the horrific issues with Hillary on her (and her husband's) entire political career?

Sorry I missed this. First of all thanks for a measured response and I invite conversation with you regarding this (no escalation necessary).

You're right that America is divided, but Donald Trump plays on those fears and is escalating things further in my eyes. Fearful of illegal immigrants? He has rhetoric for you. Fearful of muslims? He has more rhetoric for you. What's the solution for disadvantaged black communities? Stop and frisk. His protectionism isn't limited to trade deals, and it's given white supremacists not just a platform but is also legitimizing their very dangerous ideas. If you think Obama caused a divide what exactly do you think Trump will do? (This isn't a sarcastic or rhetorical question, I genuinely wonder if you believe we will come together under Trump).

The biggest problem with Trump isn't his infrastructure plans, or his tax plans, or even his plan to build a border wall (it is a border after all). The biggest problem is his picking segments of the population as scapegoats. Now, he had a chance to walk this back a bit and I would've chalked it up to him saying what he needed to to motivate his base. But thus far I have seen nothing that lends credence to him being transparent or anything but self-involved and self-centered.

Is O'Bannon (an openly racist, openly misogynistic man) as Chief of Staff supposed to alleviate my concern? Is Jeff Sessions (too racist in the 80s!) as Attorney General supposed to alleviate my concern? What about the fact that he limits press pool access (who needs it when your chief of staff will act as a mouthpiece through his own website?)?

Trump has certain ideas I agree with. This country does need an influx of money and work on infrastructure. This country does need term limits. This country does need to limit the power of lobbyists. But do the benefits outweigh the costs? Many white American said "yes." Many non-white Americans, including myself, are wondering where this leaves us. Whether America is the inclusive, diverse nation we were sold on.

If you don't want to discuss this further I understand, but I honestly would greatly enjoy the chance to converse with you.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:12 PM   #284
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

So honest question: what happens if the United States finds foreign intervention and hacking in our election? It would be completely without precedent and even if it didnt result in a change to the result, it would be destabilizing. Thoughts?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #285
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
So honest question: what happens if the United States finds foreign intervention and hacking in our election? It would be completely without precedent and even if it didnt result in a change to the result, it would show how totally awesome Putin is. He really is the best and mighty mother Russia shall rise again. Россия велика! Thoughts?
Strange, something seems to have happened to d-m.com...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #286
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Strange, something seems to have happened to d-m.com...
сейчас прошу прощения, вы плебей
Old 11-24-2016, 02:32 AM   #287
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
So honest question: what happens if the United States finds foreign intervention and hacking in our election? It would be completely without precedent and even if it didnt result in a change to the result, it would be destabilizing. Thoughts?
I dunno, but only a presidential candidate can challenge the results, and Hillary Clinton isn't doing so............. But Jill Stein is, and she's already raised the money to contest the results in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin -- where there was a 7% discrepancy in the electronic voting vs paper ballots (just enough to swing the election).

It's a hail mary, no doubt, but it's worth examining nonetheless... Even if the results still favor Trump, at least an audit will put to rest the notion that the election was rigged (a narrative that Trump supporters quickly dropped when he won against all odds...)

But if the results go against Trump...?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-24-2016 at 02:39 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:46 AM   #288
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Summer break ?! Who is going to scare the disbelievers, now ?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #289
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
You're right that America is divided, but Donald Trump plays on those fears and is escalating things further in my eyes.
I fully understand your argument, but my response is that it's not entirely Trump's fault. I view Trump as the product of our society. He is the result of the political comedians like John Oliver with his snappy one-liners, of the Facebook memes, or the tweets that give voice to the borderline-crazies, and everything else like that in our media.

Quote:
Fearful of illegal immigrants? He has rhetoric for you. Fearful of muslims? He has more rhetoric for you.
Note: These are more rhetorical questions but they are the thoughts that run through my mind.

Are you not afraid? When you see what's happening in other countries, do you wish you lived there instead of the US? When a university student runs over people in his car, crashes, gets out and tries to kill more with a knife, you know what the media narrative is? "Well at least he didn't have a gun. See? Life is better without guns!" Seriously??? Why is the focus on a beat down topic like gun control and not on why did he do it in the first place? If he is a recent immigrant (which he is), how did he get here? And then most important, how do we prevent this from 1) happening again and 2) escalating to something even worse next time?

Quote:
What's the solution for disadvantaged black communities? Stop and frisk.
Improving our education system should be THE NUMBER ONE priority. You want a better life for future generations? Then make it attainable. But and this is a huge BUT, it takes more than just a great school/teacher to make it happen. If students and parents don't buy in, then it's not going to happen. In addition to improving the schools, we need an all out media assault in getting kids to realize that their future is in the classroom and not on a basketball court, a football field, or a minimum wage job, or heaven help us selling drugs for fast money.

And since you mentioned "stop and frisk", safety has to be paramount in order to get kids into the schools and in an environment conducive to learning. I'll agree that trust has to be established and maintained between the people and the police agencies. I'm not sure on your line of thinking on this so I won't go any farther.

Quote:
His protectionism isn't limited to trade deals, and it's given white supremacists not just a platform but is also legitimizing their very dangerous ideas.
I'll admit, I'm not clear on this whole white supremacist viewpoint of Trump. Can you elaborate on this? However, I don't believe he has connections to the KKK like the media wants to insinuate. And I don't think his comments are 100% genuine either. I think he's a bit of a blow-hard and says things without realizing that it is not politically correct. I don't agree with those things but I'm also completely beat down with "political correctness" being rammed down my throat and coming out my ass. But again, I'm middle-aged white guy so ... yeah, I guess I'm racist/mysognist.

Quote:
If you think Obama caused a divide what exactly do you think Trump will do? (This isn't a sarcastic or rhetorical question, I genuinely wonder if you believe we will come together under Trump).
Honestly, I think Trump is in a lose-lose scenario. Outside of bringing about world peace, he will be labeled a horrible president at least for the next few generations. My hope is that something good actually comes out of his term and things at least improve. As for those improvements, see some of the above and below ...

Quote:
Trump has certain ideas I agree with. This country does need an influx of money and work on infrastructure. This country does need term limits. This country does need to limit the power of lobbyists. But do the benefits outweigh the costs?
Infastructure is a starting point, but that is low income work for the most part and also limited on lifetime as once it's complete, those jobs go away. As I stated above, education should be this nation's top priority. Term limits and lobbyists? Oh geeze. I cannot stand career politicians and that could be a completely separate discussion.

Quote:
Many white American said "yes." Many non-white Americans, including myself, are wondering where this leaves us. Whether America is the inclusive, diverse nation we were sold on.
I've had this inclusive and diverse conversation with a friend (another middle-age white guy for reference). We've wondered if the "melting-pot" is getting too deep. I honestly don't want to go down the racist road on this but it's a very fine line I'll agree. Is there a point where people cannot get along/mix/merge/assimilate? I don't think skin color, height, weight, speaking accents, etc. are anything that should be hung up on. But what about religion? What about political extremes like democracy vs communism? What about viewpoint 'xyz'?

I'm not hung up on the exact reason, but I'm just asking is there something that legitimately says people group A and people group B should not be living in the same country? And if so, what happens when A and B attempt to do so?

Quote:
If you don't want to discuss this further I understand, but I honestly would greatly enjoy the chance to converse with you.
Honestly, I love these kinds of conversations but it takes specific people to be able to voice what is in their head without fear of lashback. And this is exactly how people changes their minds/viewpoints. They realize that maybe what they thought is not entirely correct ... or they get confirmation and are able to better articulate their stance. Hopefully, I haven't opened myself up to an internet shit storm from this community but you lured me into a good discussion.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:04 PM   #290
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you not afraid? When you see what's happening in other countries, do you wish you lived there instead of the US? When a university student runs over people in his car, crashes, gets out and tries to kill more with a knife, you know what the media narrative is? "Well at least he didn't have a gun. See? Life is better without guns!" Seriously??? Why is the focus on a beat down topic like gun control and not on why did he do it in the first place? If he is a recent immigrant (which he is), how did he get here? And then most important, how do we prevent this from 1) happening again and 2) escalating to something even worse next time?

I think you have to have some sort of disorder to actually see the world from this perspective. There literally wasn't a single person on the planet saying anything remotely similar to that.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:49 PM   #291
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I think a certain percentage of the left wishes that he was a white male with guns and that several would have ended up dead so that they could push their agenda.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #292
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I fully understand your argument, but my response is that it's not entirely Trump's fault. I view Trump as the product of our society. He is the result of the political comedians like John Oliver with his snappy one-liners, of the Facebook memes, or the tweets that give voice to the borderline-crazies, and everything else like that in our media.
LOL, you can't blame John Oliver and social media for Trump being the way he is -- that guy has been pulling this shtick since the 1980s.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-01-2016 at 01:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-30-2016, 11:29 PM   #293
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Actually, I think a certain percentage of the left wishes that he was a white male with guns and that several would have ended up dead so that they could push their agenda.

Edit: I don't think I've ever felt less respect for anything on the internet. You truly are a piece of shit.

Last edited by tap2390; 12-01-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Murphy3 is a piece of shit.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #294
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Ross
Mnuchin
deVos
Ricketts

They will do anything in their power to make the life of the little angry white man better. Holy cow, Trump has really no shame...
Old 12-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #295
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I think you have to have some sort of disorder to actually see the world from this perspective.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #296
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Edit: I don't think I've ever felt less respect for anything on the internet. You truly are a piece of shit.
You truly disagree? And mods, don't feel the need to edit this. I don't really mind the personal attack.

Of course there is a miniscule percentage of the left that would have rather had this incident play out in a manner that would push their agenda. There's always the idiotic extremes... on both sides. As for the comments of me being a stupid person,... perhaps you live in a vacuum in which all of the people that you've encountered in your life truly believe in the value of human life.. Some of us have worked in situations in which we are fully aware that some people have little regard for others. Of course some people would rather this have played out in a way that would push their agenda. In our world, that goes without saying.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-01-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #297
Underdog

No need for personal attacks... If you guys can't stay civil, then you can't post here. This is your warning -- next offense earns you a vacation from this site.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:17 PM   #298
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The "push their agenda" talk is what people say to choosingly ignore facts.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #299
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The "push their agenda" talk is what people say to choosingly ignore facts.
And this has anything to do with my post in what way?
Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #300
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I think you have to have some sort of disorder to actually see the world from this perspective. There literally wasn't a single person on the planet saying anything remotely similar to that.
Actually, yes this was being said on 1310 the very next morning. Gordon in his fake redneck voice went on a "students should have been packing". And then the next 10 minutes was devoted to their opinions on whether university students should be allowed to carry guns.

So yeah, the disorder is called liberalism. Hate to break it to ya.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #301
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
LOL, you can't blame John Oliver and social media for Trump being the way he is -- that guy has been pulling this shtick since the 1980s.
My point was that Trump is president because of that kind of media crap. The state we are in is the result of our society. We live in a me-first, 30 second attention span society right now. Snappy one liners and tweets are what's in.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #302
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No need for personal attacks... If you guys can't stay civil, then you can't post here. This is your warning -- next offense earns you a vacation from this site.
Well are you not quite the froward doghearted bum-bailey! A good day to you, sir!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-01-2016 at 05:54 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #303
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My point was that Trump is president because of that kind of media crap. The state we are in is the result of our society. We live in a me-first, 30 second attention span society right now. Snappy one liners and tweets are what's in.
Trump is the king of snappy tweets and one liners. The guy gets offended by SNL.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #304
Underdog

Quote:
I can agree to the extent that the voters have been shaped by social media and snappy one liners -- but Trump himself isn't a product of that... More like he contributed to the creation of that type of media consumer, then took advantage of it when this country plunged back into levels of ignorance and apathy that we haven't seen in several generations (that goes for both sides, hence the #1 and #2 most-despised presidential candidates in US history -- worse than Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon, or the guy who Yoko'd America -- Abraham Lincoln!)

I also agree that we're a me-first society... Everyone is a special little snowflake -- from the safe-space, Bernie-voting millennial, to the upper-middle class boomer who feels entitled to cutting you off in traffic because their car is more expensive than yours, to the minority of all minorities, to Freddy Trump's specialest little snowflake; Donny... The problem with America is Americans. We've turned into a bunch of group-thinking bitches who need to be spoon-fed our beliefs because we no longer have any individual convictions. Our parents raised us wrong but we're too narcissistic to understand that.

We're a nation built on cognitive dissonance -- where a pro feminist, pro-homosexual voter can also be pro-Islam (a religion that opposes both in scripture), or where a pro-life voter can be all about "human rights" until that baby is born, then f*ck 'em -- no social safety net for you! (which is why their broke-ass mother probably sought an abortion in the first place)... Both parties are massively hypocritical, shaping the voters into whichever direction gets the politicians re-elected, instead of the voter shaping the political party based on their individual beliefs... That's why under Bush, the Republicans were pro-war while the Democrats were anti-war, but under Obama, the Republicans were anti-war while the Democrats were pro-war -- even though it's the SAME war!

The problem with this country can be found in the mirror -- and we're all guilty... Well, except for the nihilists (which must be exhausting....)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-02-2016 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #305
MavzMan
Golden Member

Excellent analysis. I particularly loved the "special little snowflake".
Old 12-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #306
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I can agree to the extent that the voters have been shaped by social media and snappy one liners -- but Trump himself isn't a product of that... More like he contributed to the creation of that type of media consumer, then took advantage of it when this country plunged back into levels of ignorance and apathy that we haven't seen in several generations (that goes for both sides, hence the #1 and #2 most-despised presidential candidates in US history -- worse than Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon, or the guy who Yoko'd America -- Abraham Lincoln!)

I also agree that we're a me-first society... Everyone is a special little snowflake -- from the safe-space, Bernie-voting millennial, to the upper-middle class boomer who feels entitled to cutting you off in traffic because their car is more expensive than yours, to the minority of all minorities, to Freddy Trump's specialest little snowflake; Donny... The problem with America is Americans. We've turned into a bunch of group-thinking bitches who need to be spoon-fed our beliefs because we no longer have any individual convictions. Our parents raised us wrong but we're too narcissistic to understand that.

We're a nation built on cognitive dissonance -- where a pro feminist, pro-homosexual voter can also be pro-Islam (a religion that opposes both in scripture), or where a pro-life voter can be all about "human rights" until that baby is born, then f*ck 'em -- no social safety net for you! (which is why their broke-ass mother probably sought an abortion in the first place)... Both parties are massively hypocritical, shaping the voters into whichever direction gets the politicians re-elected, instead of the voter shaping the political party based on their individual beliefs... That's why under Bush, the Republicans were pro-war while the Democrats were anti-war, but under Obama, the Republicans were anti-war while the Democrats were pro-war -- even though it's the SAME war!

The problem with this country can be found in the mirror -- and we're all guilty... Well, except for the nihilists (which must be exhausting....)
This is a bit of what drives me insane. I personally can't stand Trump or Clinton. As I've grown older, I've gone from leaning slightly to the left to leaning towards the right (just wanted to be honest)... But the hyperbole from both sides drives me insane. Trump isn't evil. If you're a transexual and committing suicide because he was elected..well, you're probably overreacting a bit. Hillary isn't necessarily evil either. They both have a long list of issues. It just bothers me that so many on either side refuses to look in the mirror to see their candidate's own issues. The people crying in disbelief because Hillary lost...? Blame your party. It took a special kind of idiot to lose to Donald Trump. Not any garbage candidate could have done it. Hillary was just about the only garbage candidate that could have accomplished such an impressive loss. So instead of protesting and hurling insults at your opponent.. Examine why your candidate lost. Otherwise, all you're doing is pushing more and more people in the middle to the right. The college students that had to have their exams re-scheduled because of the election...yeah, you're doing nothing to help your cause at all. Your pushing your party further off the deep end. That's just a little free advice. I'm not charging for it... And do not get me wrong. I don't like Trump. So few people do like the guy... Again, only Hillary was capable of losing to this moron which shows just how bad of a candidate she was.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #307
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

What part of my statement do you disagree with? How am I a piece of "sh!t"? What exactly makes me that? Believing that there are people out there with messed up views makes me this? Why?

Spreedom, the same for you..what part of my statement is so far off that you'd react in such a manner? I don't think it's a giant leap to believe that there are insane people on either side that value getting their way over human life.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-02-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:39 PM   #308
Murphy3
Guru

double post

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-02-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #309
Underdog

Trump speaks with Taiwanese president, a major break with decades of U.S. policy on China

This idiot is already f*cking up and he's not even in the White House yet...

Old 12-03-2016, 02:04 AM   #310
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trump speaks with Taiwanese president, a major break with decades of U.S. policy on China

I´m looking forward to the day when Trump and his staff will meet >Mad Dog< Merkel ^ gnihihi
Old 12-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #311
Hansolo

Hansolo will become famous soon enoughHansolo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
No, its bullshit. One person, one vote. Every vote counts the same. The candidate with the most votes FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE is going to be president. THAT is democracy. Its really that simple...

Now a vote from a person living in a typical swing state is MUCH more important/relevant...
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...l_college.html
Hansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #312
Murphy3
Guru

And there's really no telling what impact changing the election from electoral to popular would have had on voter turnout. It's silly to throw a fit after the fact...
Old 12-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #313
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

The guy is a loose cannon. Such a dangerous thing to be when you're president.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:55 PM   #314
Murphy3
Guru

And Obama in Cuba...?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #315
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Non sequitur.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:06 PM   #316
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post
You are worshipping a pedofile satanist if you worship Hillary Clinton. Go research the emails if you really care or just be stubborn and don't.

I'm not claiming Trump is a saint but he hasn't done 1/100th the corruption Hillary has in his life. Not many people on earth have.
So your opinion right now on pizzagate? huh?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #317
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/20...t-donald-trump
Old 12-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #318
sefant77
Guru

Too bad DoYouEvenFoundTheBasement doesnt answer anymore...
Old 12-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #319
sefant77
Guru

Glad to see here that the Trump voters are very happy with Trumps proposed cabinet.

Drain the swamp!
Fuck Hillary and her Goldman Sachs connections!

What an epic bunch of guys Trump choosed. Of course you couldnt see this coming....not at all...lol

Last edited by sefant77; 12-15-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:33 PM   #320
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/14/...ts-not-enough/

If you watch MSNBC right now, it's as if Russia has installed Putin as the potus and it's an indisputable fact.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown country, hillary is garbage, scary clowns at that, the deplorables win