Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-23-2004, 12:15 AM   #361
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

Yeah they showed him there... It must have really sucked to be the people directly behind him...

By the way, WHAT A WIN...
Old 09-23-2004, 12:20 AM   #362
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to be playing meaningful games in the last two weeks.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:23 AM   #363
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

MAriners lead 13-3 gth inning. Too cool.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:31 AM   #364
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

The Rangers are 3-0 when I've gone to a game this year.

I'm going to the game tonight.

Hopefully they will be 4-0.

Wish me, err, I mean them luck.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #365
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Chan Ho has not melted down..yet...Rangers lead 2-1 bottom of the fourth

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:24 PM   #366
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Park just gave up a homer....2-2 top of the fifth

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #367
sike
The Preacha

top of the sixth..A's 3-2

Old 09-23-2004, 05:22 PM   #368
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT A DAMN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

David ROCKS!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:23 PM   #369
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down 2 games with 10 to play.

Commence happy dance.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #370
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

COMEBACK KIDS
what an incredible 9th inning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they needed the sweep - they got the sweep

Old 09-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #371
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

YAY! YAY!!

The guy in the office beside me is wooping up a storm, and saying "They're going to play a game that matters on September 24th!!"

I'm going to that game, so I am really pumped now! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2004, 05:28 PM   #372
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Where I work, all the guys in their cubes jumped up and those with offices came out pumping their fists. A very "guy" moment crossed with a very "office space" moment. Surreal. The women just looked perplexed.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #373
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

By the way, WAY TO GO CHAN HO PARK FOR PITCHING 5 SOLID INNINGS!!! I would take an average of 2 runs every 5 innings from you every single time... An ERA under 4 for Park would be music to my ears...

Did I mention that this win was huge???
Old 09-23-2004, 05:41 PM   #374
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness this is fun.

How many times have we(I) wrote them off this year? But somehow they keep coming back.

We are still 2 games back, but I think somehow we will find a way.

I now believe.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #375
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Since I'm just a casual baseball fan, I haven't posted in this thread all season, but they finally sucked me in. So I'm listening to the game on the radio as I drive home and the homer that pushed the lead to 4-2 was like a punch in the gut. I was prepared to come home and write a congratulations, better luck next year post...until the Deluchi double which had me literally screaming in my car...got more than a couple of strange looks. I'll just say this, no matter what happens from this point on, the collective heart of this team is unbelievable.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #376
sike
The Preacha

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! for a while there it looked at though they would go quietly....nice comeback!

Old 09-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #377
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I believe now too.

I had sincerely given up hope b/c when I left work we were down 2 runs in the 9th. And the entire way home, I spent trying to quash that little sliver of hope b/c I didn't want to get my heart broken.

Oh hell yeah, I believe.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #378
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Where I work, all the guys in their cubes jumped up and those with offices came out pumping their fists. A very "guy" moment crossed with a very "office space" moment. Surreal. The women just looked perplexed.
Perplexed?! Me?! I knew what was on the line! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I was happy, but I didn't do anything "rowdy" like what's-his-name did. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ROFL - that must've been a sight to see in your office!!
Old 09-23-2004, 06:22 PM   #379
Fah Q
Golden Member

What an awesome game.

I just got home from seeing the Rangers gut it out. The few people in the ballpark were just amazing the whole atmosphere was electric. The crowd was still giving the Rangers a standing O 5 minutes after the game was over. Has got be the second greatest game I've ever been to behind Ryan's 7th No-Hitter.

BTW the Rangers are now 4-0 when I go to a game.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:44 PM   #380
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Would it be possible for you to pencil yourself in at the next 7 home games???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

By the way, I thought it would be worth mentioning that:

This was the 23rd time Mulder, Zito and Tim Hudson started in the same three-game series during their five season together. Only twice before -- both at the New York Yankees -- had the A's been swept, in April 2001 and April 2004.

Link!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:02 PM   #381
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a die hard baseball fan. Baseball is my favorite sport and the Rangers are my favorite team. I cannot explain to you the feeling that I have right at the moment...it was, quite simply, one of the most amazing comebacks that I have ever seen. Sure, it was 'only' two runs, but it was in a game of huge consequence. I'm loving it. Regardless of what happens the next series or two, I would encourage anyone on here that has taken joy in watching this team to show up and give this team their due respect on the last home game of the season....for what they've given us, they deserve it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:08 PM   #382
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
Would it be possible for you to pencil yourself in at the next 7 home games???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

By the way, I thought it would be worth mentioning that:

This was the 23rd time Mulder, Zito and Tim Hudson started in the same three-game series during their five season together. Only twice before -- both at the New York Yankees -- had the A's been swept, in April 2001 and April 2004.

Link!

I'll be there at least Friday and Sunday. I'm also trying to get tickets for atleast one of the Angels gamees.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #383
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I went to two games, the Rangers lost both times. I was about to buy the game on MLB TV but it was already half way over then the As tied it up. I should have known the Rangers would come back with an amazing win...ahhh...this team could really cause an upset in the AL West.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #384
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Rangers team this year, and this game today, give me a little inkling of what it must have been like to be a baseball fan back when the grass was green. I think I understand Yankees fans and Red Sox fans a little better now. Thank god for Buck Showalter. Thank god for this current cast of Texas Rangers. Thank god for the A-Rod trade. What a gift the Rangers gave us this year.

Yesterday I got tickets to the game tomorrow night. I can't wait. I love Murph's idea to show up at the last home game. This team definitely deserves that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:55 PM   #385
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We should all meet up somewhere or try to get tickets in a certain section... Get a D-Mavs.com rally group going!!!

I think thats a great idea!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:59 PM   #386
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am so there. Count me in. Should we coordinate a purchase (block) of seats? I would be up for that.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:10 PM   #387
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

I'll be there....awesome day today..... Looking for an awesome game tomorrow.

I only feel bad for my friend that left before the bottom of the 9th... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:32 PM   #388
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Shouldn't have been a loser and left before the game was over...
Old 09-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #389
Drbio
Banned

2 games back. Time for a 2 game swing!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2004, 11:56 PM   #390
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

oh yeah...you know I gave her hell about it.

cause she missed this
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:15 AM   #391
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I was talking to MFF about this... we need a stretch run rally thread & I would like to start it. However, I'm as superstitious of a sports fan as you're gonna see (I'm a hockey fan, what do you expect), so I don't think it's a good idea to mess w/anything w/the run the Rangers are on right now. So I should wait, right?

Damn I wish I could go up for a game. It is my opinion school should be called off in the event of a pennant race.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:36 AM   #392
Drbio
Banned

I started this tracking thread and they have done pretty good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #393
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Way to pat yourself on the back Doc... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think that is a great idea U2... I would be up for going in on a block of seats!
Old 09-24-2004, 04:53 PM   #394
Smiles
Diamond Member

so who's going to the last game? lots of you should have my cell # - give me a call! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2004, 05:33 PM   #395
Drbio
Banned

I deserve it Dan. Because I'm good enough and smart enough and doggone it people like me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2004, 05:39 PM   #396
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Alright Mr. Smalley!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2004, 06:05 PM   #397
Fah Q
Golden Member

well, i'm off to the game. Let's hope my winning streak stays intact. See yall later.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:33 AM   #398
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

We do need a rally thread for the Rangers now since we lost a game today. Ames and Doc would be good options.