Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Official World Series Thread

This is the place to talk up the World Series. New York vs. Florida.

Is anyone going to watch? I don't think I will. This matchup just doesn't float my boat.
Any analysis?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Official World Series Thread

Yankees in 5. Maybe in 6.

Whatever, but I can earn some money if the Yanks win.

Am I the only fan of the combo Yankees-Cowboys-Mavs here?

Old 10-16-2003, 11:56 PM   #3
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

6 words:
Josh Beckett
Go Marlins
Damn Yankees
Old 10-17-2003, 12:12 AM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

I will look for a Yankees forum.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2003, 12:15 AM   #5
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

To go from the possibility of the All Time Loser Series to >this< is a bit much. I'll be rooting for Pudge to win a ring but I doubt if I watch any games.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:32 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is anyone going to watch?
Might as well - I can't think of anything else that will be on. I don't even think there's going to be a late Sunday night football game.

But I'm sure the ratings will take a nosedive.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:11 AM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the Yankees. grrrrr
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:22 AM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, after tonight, it's just all about Pudge for me.

I am SO tired of the Yankees. SO tired. SO.

I've started to appreciate some of the Marlins, anyway, like Miguel Cabrera and of course, Texas boy Josh Beckett.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:41 AM   #9
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Yep I´ll watch it. Only because the Yankees are in. I like them.

Go Yankees!
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:26 AM   #10
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Yankees in 5. Maybe in 6.

Whatever, but I can earn some money if the Yanks win.

Am I the only fan of the combo Yankees-Cowboys-Mavs here?

I am a Mavs/ Yankees fan. Jets in football though.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:38 AM   #11
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

After the Lakers and UNC, the Yankees are my least favorite sports team.

I'll watch some games, but i'm just bitter over the Cubs. I think the fact that it's the World Series may make up for the fact that both Boston and Chicago aren't still in the playoffs.

BTW, Yankees in 4.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 11:48 PM   #12
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Official World Series Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
After the Lakers and UNC, the Yankees are my least favorite sports team.
I think me and Nash would get along, I hate all those team as well. A world series wih the Yankees usually sucks, but against Arizona it was amazing and all the better because NY lost. If the world series is half as exciting as both championship series, I think this will be a good one.

There's no way NY loses 4 games to Florida though, no way.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:49 AM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

The Yankees will probably win, but I don't think it is a given. The Marlins were great from late may on finishing the season on a 72-42 clip.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:15 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Marlins take Game One 3-2. I didn't watch it though. Booooooring.

I was watching The Untouchables and tehn The Usual Suspects. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 01:21 AM   #15
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Too bad Doc, you missed a pretty interesting game.

Old 10-19-2003, 01:45 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

I have absolutely no desire to watch the spankees or the Marlins. Talk about a crappy world series. Of course, I think baseball players can suck it for all the labor moaning they do. I would only have watched had the Cubs and Red Sox made it.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:07 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This series is anything BUT boring. Talk about two teams that are exact opposites. A group of young kids that still use the "batter batter, swing batter batter" and yell out anything and everything from the movies "slap shot" against the ultra professional NYYankees.

To be honest, I think the two best teams are in the world series. Florida may be the best team. They have the ability to play small ball...to pitch their way into any game. They are a pure joy to watch.

Now, with the Yankees... I find nothing buy joy in saying the Yankees lose game 1. But damn, this is going to be a great series. And damn, it got off to a great start.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:06 AM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

Damn, I have to agree with Murph on this. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Except the part about the Yankees losing the first.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:27 AM   #19
grbh
Platinum Member

Doc you should tune in tonight. The Marlins play such a great stile of ball. For anyone tired of teams winning on a pair of three run homers Marlins are a refreshing change of pace. I saw a bunt single, stolen bases, well executed sacfices, good slap hits to the opposite field, good pitching, a tight game, and of course the requisite Pudge pickoff (that was an awesome throw.

Old 10-19-2003, 07:05 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

An amazing stat...Juan Pierre only swung and missed 67 times this entire season.

that's just flat out amazing
Old 10-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #21
grbh
Platinum Member

I heard that. The guy had 668 AB and 55 walks that is 723 plate appearances with 67 misses. In other words he swings and misses at a pitch about once every 11 ABs. Incredible

Old 10-21-2003, 02:37 AM   #22
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Why are the games starting at weird times?

Tomorrows game starts at 8:32pm, then Wednesdays at 8:24pm?

What's up with that?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:42 AM   #23
grbh
Platinum Member

They always do that with the World Series. Don;t know why though.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:09 PM   #24
grbh
Platinum Member

1-0 Marlins. It is early but Becket looks to have pretty good stuff. He has gotten his fastball up to 97 a couple times.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:24 PM   #25
grbh
Platinum Member

OK I just lost all the respect I had for Pudge.

Do you know who his favorite artist is?

Yanni

Old 10-21-2003, 08:38 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

damn, beckett is a stud
Old 10-21-2003, 08:43 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Beckett was just screwed up the anus...
damn, just struck posada out with a perfect pitch right at the knees but the damn ump screwed him
Old 10-21-2003, 08:46 PM   #28
grbh
Platinum Member

that was a strike, the previous pitch wasn't. Murphy we might be the only two people on this board watching the World Series. How sad.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:53 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

yes, it was a strike. how in the world could a hitter take that pitch? how in the hell could an umpire blow sucn an easy and important call?

amazing

and yeah, we may be the only two that are watching the game.. there's not really many people on the site that really understand baseball to begin with..so what would you expect?
Old 10-21-2003, 09:12 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

I watched the first three innings. zzzzzzz.......

edit---> RAIN DELAY?
Old 10-21-2003, 10:36 PM   #31
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
that was a strike, the previous pitch wasn't. Murphy we might be the only two people on this board watching the World Series. How sad.
You mean the Yankees haven't won it yet?

CRAP - I want it to be over with so Fox will start their new programming - 24 and That 70's show!
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:43 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
You mean the Yankees haven't won it yet?

CRAP - I want it to be over with so Fox will start their new programming - 24 and That 70's show!
Which is much better than the watered down crap that major league baseball has provided all season I am sure.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:45 AM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

Well, it seems everything is being setted in its place now.

After the two days drinking and the stuff after winning the American title, the Yankess not even knew in which park were playing the first game.

Now, still on a hangover (moral), two games to the pocket 6-1.

The commissioner is planning to get alive the old 10+ runs before the 7th inning rule for the next games.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:44 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

Good to see Derek Jeter half assing it like a 'superstar'. Too bad he's not a 'superstar'.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:52 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Cabrera is going to be a freaking stud. After Clemens throws one at his head to start the at-bat, Cabrera nuts up and knocks a two-run opposite field home run. He didn't show-boat or anything else like that. He simply ran around the bases.

That's the best way to put it someone's face after they throw one at your head. Simply take him deep. (yeah, i know..easier said than done)
Old 10-22-2003, 08:08 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

It's amazing how sh!tty the umps have been in the world series... screwed the marlins over again on the ball hit by matsui
Old 10-22-2003, 08:14 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

Amazing...bad calls cost the Marlins at least a run in the second
Old 10-23-2003, 09:45 AM   #38
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

freakin' alex gonzalez, batting like .080 in the playoffs, hits the game-winner! awesome!

and cabrera does indeed look good. very professional, too. i hope he stays that way.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:47 AM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I had the best nights sleep since Game 1.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would like to say that Florida has the edge tonight, but I don't want to jinx them.