Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-01-2001, 12:28 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

My internet life that is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . @home has been ordered by the courts to shut down by 2 AM tomorrow morning. Thus not allowing me(and 4.1 million other people) to have anymore net access until things are worked out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully it won't take long to get things rolling again.

Anyway, If I'm not here for awhile, you'll know where I am :frown: . I'll miss you guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Link

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2001, 12:30 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Back to using the ol dial-up modem eh?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 12:53 AM   #3
epicfrog

epicfrog is on a distinguished road

Good thing I didn't get that!! I'm with ATT Roadrunner and very displeased with the service support and downtimes.

Can I get some good, reliable DSL providers?
Old 12-01-2001, 01:20 AM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

SBC DSL sucks donkeyballs! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I'm not even getting the minimum guaranteed xfer rates right now! When I first signed up with them (cable modem is unavailable in my area), I was getting 550-600kpbs, which was already a huge dropoff from the 900k-1.2mbps speed I was getting in my old place with ATT cable. But after two weeks of service, SBC freakin locked my speed at a pathetic 260kpbs or some crap like that! 384 is the guaranteed minimum so I complained about it (it was working fine at 600kpbs so I saw no reason for them to lock my speed down) but they claimed my line wasn't stable enough to handle the higher speeds. BULLSHIT! It worked perfectly the initial two weeks, and I have three computers in my house networked wirelessly sharing the connection - all working perfectly. So they upped my speed and locked it at the 384kpbs minimum. I didn't feel like talking to them anymore so I figured that would be adequate. But a few days later, they dropped me down to the shitty 260kpbs range again! Gawd they suck! I totally don't feel like calling them either. Sometimes pages take a loonng time to load on this connection..not as bad as a 56k modem but not that much better. So the moral of the story? SBC DSL SUCKS!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 01:31 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I got lucky. When @home went belly up, I was offered a switch to Charter Pipeline. Theoritically (sp?) I shouldn't have a problem. I hope, I hope.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 12:27 AM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

WOOHOO!!! I'm back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Didn't take nearly as long as they said. Just 2 days with NO internet. It was that bad. They called saturday morning and said it would be Wed, Thurs, before I'd be back online. Glad it didn't take as long as they thought. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm Back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 12-03-2001, 12:45 AM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a lot more problems than I hoped I would. I get bumped off every once in awhile. I cannot check my email or send very much info over the internet. I've tried multiple times to do a new topic and it's only worked once. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I can still post however [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 12:50 AM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I still don't have e-mail yet but other then that It's all good so far.