Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-28-2002, 12:18 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Everybody plays today.

How can a fan have a life with all these games at saturday?
Old 12-28-2002, 11:02 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

Spurs won.

Lakers are about 2 minutes away from winning.

Kings and Portland are tied as I type this.

Minnesota lost, but Utah should win here as well. Not real worried about those 2 teams, but I'll take more separation from Midwest teams while we can.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:39 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Another update.

Lakers won.

Kings' pending.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:28 AM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Kings lost. Good game in OT.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:23 AM   #5
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

the Blazers are red hot--and it's not just their red road uniforms.
talent + confidence = 7 straight wins.

from the Sacramento Bee:

The winning streak had reached seven, not merely the longest active run in the league, but with the added credibility of including two back-to-back sets and victories over Minnesota, New Orleans, Seattle, Utah and Sacramento, among others. And just like that, your favorite band of marauders was proving it can still be as dangerous to others as themselves was four games behind the Pacific Division lead, even after two previous losses to the Kings.

"We just came out and felt like we had the game won," Trail Blazers guard Jeff McInnis said. "We kept saying on the bench that we knew the Kings could make threes and that they could make shots at any time to keep them in the game, and that's what they did tonight. They are a great team, and no lead is safe against the Kings and we knew that. We just kept fighting and they just kept shooting."

Old 12-29-2002, 02:36 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

This was a good game to watch. I thought the Kings got some calls in their favor at the end of regulation that could have decided the game. If the Kings hadn't had so many turnovers, they might have won it.

But, the Blazers came out in the OT and just took control. 3's by Wallace and Pippen early on really put it away.

As for those new uniforms for Portland, I thought they were ugly.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:42 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<<
As for those new uniforms for Portland, I thought they were ugly.
>>

Aren't those their 70s look? Seems like I remember them wearing those against Doc and Philly in the championship year.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 08:06 PM   #8
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I guess they should keep wearing them ...even at home LOL.

Seriously, I've been reading in different places that they've been trying to showcase Bonzi for a trade and also pippen for a deal with Denver for Juwan (evidently trying to free up cap room for next year).

Anybody heard anything about that or feel like some Blazer trades are in the works ? When they're all together, their talent is outstanding...I fear them much more than I do the Spurs. That may not be logical, but I've always had that nasty feeling about Portland whenever they play the Mavs.

I'm just wondering if they're going to keep this team together or break it up. Anybody have any knowledge or thoughts on the subject ?

Chiwas: Almost everybody is playing Monday, too !
Old 12-30-2002, 12:05 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

<< Chiwas: Almost everybody is playing Monday, too ! >>

I´m going to ask my boss for taking the day off.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:54 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Bump.

Spurs lost tonight against the Knicks by 1. 96-95.

The Spurs were up by 8 with just over 4 minutes left and I figured they had it. I forgot to check back, but I see they lost.