Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #81
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
JET is the Mavs' best SG. The team is not going to trade away their best SG, who's got an expiring contract, because of a minutes crunch.
THIS!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #82
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

anyone else thinking there could be one more big move made before this is all said and done? we have a stockpile of combo 3/4 guys (marion, odom, wright). i have a feeling this may not be over just yet...
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #83
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

phil jackson is rolling over in his grave.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #84
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
anyone else thinking there could be one more big move made before this is all said and done? we have a stockpile of combo 3/4 guys (marion, odom, wright). i have a feeling this may not be over just yet...
wouldnt surprise me at this point
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 AM   #85
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
JET is the Mavs' best SG. The team is not going to trade away their best SG, who's got an expiring contract, because of a minutes crunch.
He's also probably (still) this team's second best offensive player. I'm not getting rid of him just to get rid of him.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #86
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
What?! Bass is 6'8". Odom is 6'10" with very long arms. And Gooden's game could not be any different than Odom's.

I think you need to take a step back and re-calibrate here.
Bass is 6'7" on a good day. Antoine Walker, 6'8". Gooden, 6'9" with a 38 cm vertical leap (yeah, that's right, I went metric on your arses).

Odom is a fully legit 6'10", long arms, weighs 30 lbs (or more) less than Walker when he was here. Guy's a +6.4 at PF, and can play 3 or 5. Marion, Odom & Dirk is a hell of a front line--even if none of them is a "true Center," we've got 12 fouls out of Haywood and Mahinmi, and put a stupidly hard to guard front-line out there to close games.

I am F'in ecstatic at this move. The Mavs FO once again pulls a beastly rabbit out of a hat.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #87
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Bass is 6'7" on a good day. Antoine Walker, 6'8". Gooden, 6'9" with a 38 cm vertical leap (yeah, that's right, I went metric on your arses).

Odom is a fully legit 6'10", long arms, weighs 30 lbs (or more) less than Walker when he was here. Guy's a +6.4 at PF, and can play 3 or 5. Marion, Odom & Dirk is a hell of a front line--even if none of them is a "true Center," we've got 12 fouls out of Haywood and Mahinmi, and put a stupidly hard to guard front-line out there to close games.

I am F'in ecstatic at this move. The Mavs FO once again pulls a beastly rabbit out of a hat.
Do I smell the return of small ball?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #88
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
phil jackson is rolling over in his grave.
He can't with that bad back of his.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:40 AM   #89
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Only downside of this move is that I was kind of excited about seeing Brandan Wright get some time at backup power forward. I think that just went out the window. Oh well, at least we've got a team option on him. We can always bring him back next year when all these one year contracts are up.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #90
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Do I smell the return of small ball?
There's a difference between "Nellie starting Walker at Center 'cause he's wasted" smallball, and "Dirk, Marion, Odom, Carter, Kidd, just TRY to stop us from scoring" smallball.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #91
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I heard Odom is emotionally destroyed. We'll have to lift him up here. Hopefully he will be proud to be a Maverick now.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #92
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Only downside of this move is that I was kind of excited about seeing Brandan Wright get some time at backup power forward. I think that just went out the window. Oh well, at least we've got a team option on him. We can always bring him back next year when all these one year contracts are up.
Based on what he said, Carlisle really doesn't see it the way you do with him. They want to see him as a 5. If he can show more consistency with his shooting, they would see him more of an option as a 4.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #93
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

As I said we have a lot of SGs and SFs now....and I think it mite be one or 2 too many. I think there will be another move to clear up the positions...but I dont think it going to be Jet.

I know a lot of people are talking about our PG situations, but I think Jet will see a lot more time there and I think we will be OK with that. Jet will also still get his minutes at SG. So its gonna be very in interesting to see what goes down.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #94
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Based on what he said, Carlisle really doesn't see it the way you do with him. They want to see him as a 5. If he can show more consistency with his shooting, they would see him more of an option as a 4.
I saw that quote the other day, but that would make him the first coach who ever saw Wright as a center. If you go back and check his 82games.com stats, he's hardly played center. I mean he's got a nice little post game, but he's not ready to bang with the big boys at center.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #95
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

WOW
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress

Quote:
NBA source tell me the Lakers did not approach other teams with cap space or trade exceptions before making the deal sending Odom to Dallas.
Did LO ask for Dallas?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #96
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I heard Odom is emotionally destroyed. We'll have to lift him up here. Hopefully he will be proud to be a Maverick now.
Revenge is a powerful motivator.

Plus, Dallas has the second-highest (to LA) rate of fake boobies in America...Lamar will feel right at home. Well, except when Khloe's Adam's Apple smacks him upside the head.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #97
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I'm not worried about minute distribution at this point. On the one hand, this will be an intense and rushed season where having many talented guys can only help to reduce the physical toll. On the other hand, assuming that Dirk, Marion and Odom share the minutes at the forward spots, that's still 32 minutes per player--more than enough given that all three guys are in their 30s. Plus, Odom could play a few minutes at the 5 against certain opponents.

We just need Dirk and Kidd to give the guy a few hugs, invite him to dinner and make him feel at home. He should be alright eventually in spite of being traded by the almighty Lakers.

(I hope...)

Last edited by dalger; 12-11-2011 at 01:53 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #98
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't let this fall apart, please don't let this fall apart, please don't let this fall apart, please don't let this fall apart...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #99
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Im more suprised that Odom was sent to the Mavs and not to the East. I cant wait for the LA-Dallas matchup this year. Odom is going to go off!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #100
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
There's a difference between "Nellie starting Walker at Center 'cause he's wasted" smallball, and "Dirk, Marion, Odom, Carter, Kidd, just TRY to stop us from scoring" smallball.
Damnit, I was hoping for the drunk Nellie version.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #101
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Who's the 6th man of the year next year?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #102
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

im going to laugh if this was because khloe wanted dallas if they left LA... not going to link her twitter but its funny
Old 12-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #103
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

To add the the crunch time 5 discussion keep in mind the Heat just went to game 6 of the NBA finals with Chris Bosh as their finishing center. They ran through very good Boston and Chicago teams and could have beat us. Our guys made plays and theirs didn't but I never got the feeling the they were crippled by the line up.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:16 AM   #104
A|G

A|G is on a distinguished road

Odom is a perfect addition to the Mavericks team and with Carter also coming in this could be one of the deepest, if not the deepest, teams in the NBA. The only thing left for the front office to do is to add a back up C that can provide the team with quality minutes or try to find a way to work a sign and trade for Samuel Dalembert who would be the perfect replacement for the now gone Tyson Chandler.
A|G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #105
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
To add the the crunch time 5 discussion keep in mind the Heat just went to game 6 of the NBA finals with Chris Bosh as their finishing center. They ran through very good Boston and Chicago teams and could have beat us. Our guys made plays and theirs didn't but I never got the feeling the they were crippled by the line up.
I'll play a little devil's advocate, even though we probably agree on this. The counter-arguments would be that: 1) with the exception of Game 6 when Chandler couldn't stay on the court, he was more than the Heat could handle, 2) JJB says hello...as he's slicing through the Heat defense for another layup, and 3) crunch time didn't work out so well for the Heat in the Finals.

All that said, Miami's problem wasn't that they lacked a center. Their problem was that once you got past their big 3, who never completely figured out how to function effectively as a unit, the rest of the team was just out-matched by the breadth of talent and the waves of execution and trust that the Mavs kept throwing at them.

Dallas, with Odom, would be in a completely different situation. I think he'll fit beautifully, backing up Dirk, playing next to Dirk in big lineups, AND playing next to Dirk in small lineups. And I fully expect Dallas to frequently close with Lamar as well. This team won plenty of games in Carlisle's first year with Brandon Bass as the closing center and the post-first quarter disappearing act that was Josh Howard at the 3 (when he wasn't getting spelled by Devean George). A Marion/Dirk/Odom trio would (will) be in a completely different class.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-11-2011 at 02:31 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #106
ajk822

ajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really nice

I love this trade. He scared me the most of any Laker player last year.

He won't hurt our ball movement and is extremely versatile, what's not to like?

Anyone else here have the same number of rings as Lebron James? Because I know I do
ajk822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #107
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Anybody else listened to his appearance on the Steven A. Smith Show after the Paul-trade came up (and before it was nixed, I think. Can be found here)? Emotionally destroyed is probably going too far, but you could tell he was shaken and really pissed at how the Lakers handled the situation.
It's a very strange piece of audio and of course a total beating to listen to, as you have S.A.S. as the interviewer (although imo he did a pretty good job here) and a Lamar Odom who cant quite voice a clear thought. Also pretty long.

Which is to say, welcome aboard Lamar!
Hope you don't mind living between the coasts for a while.

A crazy FA-period that is! Great move from the FO!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:39 AM   #108
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
All that said, Miami's problem wasn't that they lacked a center. Their problem was that once you got past their big 3, who never completely figured out how to function effectively as a unit, the rest of the team was just out-matched by the breadth of talent and the waves of execution and trust that the Mavs kept throwing at them.
I think the second sentence speaks to the first.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:47 AM   #109
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

So we got Odom because of Khloe

We already were deep last year. What's the enhancement of "stacked" ?

Kidd/Roddy/DoJo
JET/Rudy/Carter
Marion/Brewer/Odom
Dirk/Wright/Cardinal
Haywood/Mahinmi

We could need another C but Odom can play that position. Also he can take minutes from Dirk. Another PG could also be usefull because you don't really can be too sure about Roddy and DoJo.

Last edited by j0Shi; 12-11-2011 at 02:52 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:50 AM   #110
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post

Stizzacked?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #111
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Marc I so sorry for my doubt.You are genius.
I love this team
Go Mavs!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #112
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Who's the 6th man of the year next year?
Odom or Jet

Old 12-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #113
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Holy f*ck, seriously?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #114
arkan

arkan is on a distinguished road

Guys the Mavs have to put together a package for Steph Curry!!!!!!
arkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #115
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll play a little devil's advocate, even though we probably agree on this. The counter-arguments would be that: 1) with the exception of Game 6 when Chandler couldn't stay on the court, he was more than the Heat could handle, 2) JJB says hello...as he's slicing through the Heat defense for another layup, and 3) crunch time didn't work out so well for the Heat in the Finals.

Dallas, with Odom, would be in a completely different situation. I think he'll fit beautifully, backing up Dirk, playing next to Dirk in big lineups, AND playing next to Dirk in small lineups. And I fully expect Dallas to frequently close with Lamar as well. This team won plenty of games in Carlisle's first year with Brandon Bass as the closing center and the post-first quarter disappearing act that was Josh Howard at the 3 (when he wasn't getting spelled by Devean George). A Marion/Dirk/Odom trio would (will) be in a completely different class.
On point 2 JJ's finishing against the Lakers and Thunder front lines makes me think that he would have been ok against just about anybody that they could have thrown out there.

That being said I don't disagree with your overall point. The Heat clearly would have been better with an upgrade a the 5. I was just trying to point out that if you look at the total picture they did pretty well with Bosh in the middle and he's no more of a center than Odom is.

Granted we don't have the length and speed of Lebron and Wade on the perimeter so the Heat my not be a good comparison but I won't write it off until I see it in action.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #116
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post

Kidd/Roddy/DoJo
JET/Rudy/Carter
Marion/Brewer/Odom
Dirk/Wright/Cardinal
Haywood/Mahinmi

We could need another C but Odom can play that position. Also he can take minutes from Dirk. Another PG could also be usefull because you don't really can be too sure about Roddy and DoJo.
Christina Hendricks after a boob job. That's what we are now. A a post-boob job Christina Hendricks.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #117
41mvp
Golden Member

Underdog my friend we will be 2011-2012 champions.I promise you

Old 12-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #118
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
That being said I don't disagree with your overall point.
To be clear, I think you're exactly right to point out how well it worked for them. Was just trying to anticipate some objections that would be consistent with the tenor of some of our more recently dissatisfied contributors. It's a hard thing to find the right mix of players who can make a non-traditional approach work, but I absolutely feel that it can be done.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #119
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Christina Hendricks after a boob job. That's what we are now. A a post-boob job Christina Hendricks.
It's time to milk that cow. Should be delicious.

Last edited by dalger; 12-11-2011 at 03:10 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #120
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Underdog my friend we will be 2011-2012 champions.I promise you
You promised last year and look how that turned out...

(oh, yeah - stunning display, old chap!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote