Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-14-2002, 10:51 AM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk got good shots, he just didn't hit many of them.

however, the percentage that hit against the kings..it's the same think Kobe's getting praised for
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2002, 11:06 AM   #42
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I'm just sayin that I don't think 1/3 of a season warrants a good post player stamp. Dirk has a lot to learn still. He has very little as far as post moves and basicly relies on turn-away fades and a dribble cut into the lane that he is pretty good at. Other than that, he doesn't have much.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:44 AM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie, I'm sorry, i didn't statistically track his post up game earlier in the season.
I'm not saying he wasn't good on the low blocks early in the season.. i simply didn't track it like i did the last portion of the season
Old 06-14-2002, 11:51 AM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

of course he has alot to learn...that's why i was saying that I think he'll come back and be more effective in the low post on offense and on defense as well.

shaq had alot to learn in the low post when he was young but he was still effective. he eventually developed a little hook shot and became better at using the glass... and the guy still has things to learn.. but hell yes, he's effective.

i'm not saying that dirk is on his level but just because he has things to learn does not mean that he already successful in the low post
Old 06-14-2002, 12:08 PM   #45
Milos D

Milos D is on a distinguished road

Mali King, thanks for replying. I know what you mean, I don't want to sound too optimistic about our players either and it really is difficult to predict how will someone play based on what they did in Europe. I mean, look at Olowokandi who was useless in Kinder where Nesterovic played some great basketball.
Milos D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:08 PM   #46
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nesterovic could be interesting here.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:30 PM   #47
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Nesterovic could be interesting here. >>

True. But we really need to clear out some of the deadwood at center if we are going to bring him in. We have 2 starters who can play center (Dirk and Raef), we have 2 guys who can only play center and had zero contribution last year (Bradley and Esch), and then we have Wang.

If we could clear out Bradley and Esch and convince Rasho to play back-up, that would be great. But I don't see either happening.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:32 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

If we could clear out Bradley and Esch and convince Rasho to play back-up, that would be great.

Yes...this would be great.

Rasho, if he can stay on the court, is a solid middle guy. He fits the description that many of us have assigned as a need...big guy...willing to bang a little...doesn't need to score to stroke his ego...etc.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:34 PM   #49
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Rasho, if he can stay on the court, is a solid middle guy. He fits the description that many of us have assigned as a need...big guy...willing to bang a little...doesn't need to score to stroke his ego...etc. >>

But can hit an open jumpshot so Nellie will play him . . .
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:35 PM   #50
Drbio
Banned

Oh...I didin't mean to imply that he couldn't score...not at all....he does fine there too...
Old 06-14-2002, 06:37 PM   #51
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< Oh...I didin't mean to imply that he couldn't score...not at all....he does fine there too... >>

I know--was just supplementing your description with the most important fact about any 'big man possibility': Is there any chance Nellie will play him.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:39 PM   #52
Drbio
Banned

I think Nellie would play him because he is not intimidated like Bradley and doesn't get pushed into the second row by most guys who are only 6 feet tall like Bradley does. As for Esch...who knows..we didn't play him enough to tell...Esch was pretty good in NJ.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:44 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

damn hoops, please stop supplementing what other say.. it rubs everyone the wrong way
Old 06-14-2002, 06:48 PM   #54
Drbio
Banned

Naw...he's not a child like...nevermind....good supplement Hoops.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:03 PM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

i know..i'm just tired of him having good points..although he's wrong about keeping nve
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 07:04 PM   #56
Drbio
Banned

When it comes to opinions...Hoops shoots and usually scores....

I agree with you on the NVE issue though.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:14 PM   #57
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Hoops, it aint easy being right, eh?

(I'm glad to see my icon I let you have is wearing off on you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 07:15 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

Hoops and Bayliss are twins separated at birth....
Old 06-14-2002, 10:51 PM   #59
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< Hoops, it aint easy being right, eh? >>

Its a great burden, but one I bear for the good of the world.

(hmm, sounding rather murphyesque there aren't I?)
Old 06-14-2002, 11:02 PM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

hoops, it is a great burden.. you're lucky i let you be right first from time to time
Old 06-14-2002, 11:04 PM   #61
Drbio
Banned

LOL Hoops and murph....
Old 06-15-2002, 01:39 AM   #62
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

<< Mali King, thanks for replying. I know what you mean, I don't want to sound too optimistic about our players either and it really is difficult to predict how will someone play based on what they did in Europe. I mean, look at Olowokandi who was useless in Kinder where Nesterovic played some great basketball. >>

Milos, do you live in Serbia or somewhere abroad? sorry for being inquisitive.
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 10:12 AM   #63
Milos D

Milos D is on a distinguished road

I am in Belgrade, how about you?
Milos D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 04:03 AM   #64
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

Mee too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I live accross the Fair. The reason I asked you was I met one Milos on another board, turned out it's not you. Thanks.
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 11:28 AM   #65
Drbio
Banned

Off topic: I think it's cool how several people in different areas have gotten to know each other via this board. Very cool.....