Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I will bring this up again? Do the Cowboys need to fill Ellis shoes? That defense is needing that vet out there to settle this solid defense down. Trotter is much needed out there. I think that Spencer did a good job out there, but leaderhship on defense is needed just like I have been suggesting. That defense does not have a leader out there. The leader is NOT Roy, because he is the biggest weakness, and how can anyone listen to him when he is getting beat left and right. Roy is the weakness in the secondary, and if Newman is out, then the offense better continue to score 45 to win...

We need Trotter now!!!
Repeat after me:

Trotter and Spencer play different positions.

Better?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #42
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Repeat after me:

Better?
Repeat after me:

The Cowboys NEEDS Trotter in the LB line-up.

LB core can move around James or the other LB in order to start a player like Trotter..

Better??????????????????
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Repeat after me:

LB core can move around James or the other LB in order to start a player like Trotter..

Better??????????????????
Move them around to where? You keep saying that Spencer is not playing well enough, and that we should replace him with Trotter. The reality is you can't replace Spencer with Trotter, they play diffrent positions.

ILB is not a position of need on this team. Just let it go.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #44
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Move them around to where? You keep saying that Spencer is not playing well enough, and that we should replace him with Trotter. The reality is you can't replace Spencer with Trotter, they play diffrent positions.

ILB is not a position of need on this team. Just let it go.
Move James to Ellis ole spot, and move Trotter to James ole spot..As far as Spencer, I really like him, but that defense needs vet leadership on the field more than potential. I like Spencer alot.

How could you sit here and NOT think that the Cowboys dont need leadership in the LB core? It is plain and simple they need a Trotter type of guy on defense. Ellis is going to be missed severely. It has shown for two seasons now. Cowboys are lacking leadership on the defensive side of the field.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #45
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Move James to Ellis ole spot, and move Trotter to James ole spot..As far as Spencer, I really like him, but that defense needs vet leadership on the field more than potential. I like Spencer alot.

How could you sit here and NOT think that the Cowboys dont need leadership in the LB core? It is plain and simple they need a Trotter type of guy on defense. Ellis is going to be missed severely. It has shown for two seasons now. Cowboys are lacking leadership on the defensive side of the field.
James doesn't play Ellis's position, either.

You can't just MOVE James to outside linebacker, because he's not an outside linebacker. He's an inside linebacker.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #46
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Find a starting strong safety and we're good to go

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

See, this is what I'm talking about. You keep talking about moving around linebackers as if they play the same position. There is HUGE difference between an ILB and OLB in the 3-4. You might as well say that we should move James to Nose Tacke.

Brady James is an ILB. You can't just move him to OLB.

Leadership is not the problem on defense, talent is. If Newman comes back strong, the defense will be fine, not great, but fine. Trotter is not someone that will help this team, unless we lose one of our ILB's.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 AM   #48
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Find a starting strong safety and we're good to go
roy and a first round for Adrian Wilson.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:37 AM   #49
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i would LOVE adrian wilson

Contact Me
Old 09-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #50
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i would LOVE adrian wilson
cardinals may have been dumb enough to do that a few years ago...now? probably not for both first rounders.

yeah he's great...*sigh*...
Old 09-11-2007, 01:46 AM   #51
alby
Guru

I wonder what Roy is worth anyways.. I'm sure GM's arent as stupid as fans right?

Contact Me
Old 09-11-2007, 02:34 AM   #52
alby
Guru

isn't corey simon out of a job somewhere? or did someone pick him up.. he would be a good pickup at nose tackle with the loss of ferguson

Contact Me
Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #53
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I guess this is the year of "Trade Roy". I figured it would be Julius this year and Roy next but I guess the trade talk of Roy is ahead of schedule. Let Roy play out the season. We know he's not great at coverage but with no pass rush even Adrian Wilson would look bad in coverage. You don't have a pass rush all of a sudden the corners and safety's look that much worse. Roy is still one of our best guy's on defense. He had a bad game on Sunday for his standards. Its hard to say someone with 8 tackles had a bad game....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #54
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
I wonder what Roy is worth anyways.. I'm sure GM's arent as stupid as fans right?
i don't know. i think maybe last year you could've gotten a Herschel Walker like trade for him...maybe you still can. *someone* keeps putting him in pro bowls.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #55
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I guess this is the year of "Trade Roy". I figured it would be Julius this year and Roy next but I guess the trade talk of Roy is ahead of schedule. Let Roy play out the season. We know he's not great at coverage but with no pass rush even Adrian Wilson would look bad in coverage. You don't have a pass rush all of a sudden the corners and safety's look that much worse. Roy is still one of our best guy's on defense. He had a bad game on Sunday for his standards. Its hard to say someone with 8 tackles had a bad game....
we have a pass rush. manning just held up very well against it.

we'll see how trent green does.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #56
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
i don't know. i think maybe last year you could've gotten a Herschel Walker like trade for him...maybe you still can. *someone* keeps putting him in pro bowls.
I wonder if he knows how bad his coverage is. I'm thinking maybe his Pro-Bowl status clouds his mine of how horrible he really is. Like, you know...there's always those people who play sports that absolutely suck. But, they'd never admit it. Rather, they'll blame their teammates or come up with some other lame excuse like a cramp or something.

Mainly, I think his problem is he gives himself too much respect.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #57
alby
Guru

Face it, Roy Williams is never going to get traded.

Ty, after every touchdown that he gives up, he looks around at his corners--pointing and putting blame on them. It's pretty embarassing to watch a "superstar" do that.

Contact Me
Old 09-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #58
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Roy Williams is no superstar...he is a poor excuse for a pro bowler

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #59
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Face it, Roy Williams is never going to get traded.

Ty, after every touchdown that he gives up, he looks around at his corners--pointing and putting blame on them. It's pretty embarassing to watch a "superstar" do that.
already faced. hell, they'd probably trade Newman before they'd trade Williams.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #60
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
we have a pass rush. manning just held up very well against it.

we'll see how trent green does.

I didn't see a pass rush. I saw Anthony Spencer do a decent job out there but I didn't our pro bowler Demarcus Ware do anything. But let's put all the blame on Roy because he's this year's scapegoat for why our defense isn't s***.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #61
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't see a pass rush. I saw Anthony Spencer do a decent job out there but I didn't our pro bowler Demarcus Ware do anything. But let's put all the blame on Roy because he's this year's scapegoat for why our defense isn't s***.
He was last year's too...or atleast he should have been.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #62
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Yea but I heard more "We need Greg Ellis back" then I heard "trade Roy".
Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #63
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
there's a difference between sacking and pass rushing. the pass rush consists of closing the line around the QB, which they did. now getting to the QB is a different matter...but when you have a smaller guy like ratliff occupying the middle, it frees up one of the guards to help against any pass rush. with fergie in there, it takes two guys to stop him.

Last edited by mkat; 09-12-2007 at 02:31 PM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:33 AM   #64
alby
Guru

tank johnson headed to dallas

its on espn.

Contact Me
Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #65
ty
Diamond Member

Just in time for the second half of the season =]