Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #41
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
they said on sportscenter this morning that the desperado's clinched a playoff spot.

does anyone know what the playoffs are like in the AFL? how many teams? how many rounds? what kind of trophy? what do you win?, like a lifetime free unlimited whoppers from burger king?
There are 19 teams in the AFL this season, making the playoffs a bit tricky... there are still 12 teams, just like in the NFL, but that means that teams with losing records make the playoffs (Chicago won the ArenaBowl last year with a 7-9 record).

It works just like the NFL, with the American and National Conferences having two first round byes each, for the four division winners. The remaining 8 spots are wild card spots. I think you can get what happens from here. Three rounds to determine who plays in the ArenaBowl, which will be held in New Orleans this year.

The winner gets the Foster ArenaBowl Trophy, plus I imagine a large sum of cash. There are salary caps in the AFL, so the money doesn't really do much, because the teams that win the ArenaBowl are generally the financially successful teams that don't need the money (there ARE financially successful teams in the AFL... Dallas, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Orlando, San Jose).

This makes four playoff appearances in 6 seasons for the 'rados. Not bad.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

12-1 and rolling!

I think I'm going to go on June 16th against New York and see what this is all about.

Look out bandwagon....
Old 06-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #43
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
12-1 and rolling!

I think I'm going to go on June 16th against New York and see what this is all about.

Look out bandwagon....
I already have my tickets..... we should hook up and raise a Beer to the mighty Desperados!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I already have my tickets..... we should hook up and raise a Beer to the mighty Desperados!
Sweet. What kind of seats did you buy (or didn't you win them or something?)
Old 06-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #45
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sweet. What kind of seats did you buy (or didn't you win them or something?)
I bought them at a silent auction my church had. They are in the lower bowl.

That's right... lower bowl. When I jump on the bandwagon I go in guns a blazin'!!!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #46
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That was really a blast. The game should have been boring with us kicking the NY Dragons butt with a score of 67-13..... but it never got boring at all. I was cheering us on every Burger King first down and yelling every Verizon Yellow Pages flag (that went against them of course). *actually to be honest I can't remember some of the sponsors and I might be wrong on the first down sponsor but I don't think I am.... I do remember that the first down marker had the Burger King logo on it.... but the actual first down might have a different sponsor*

The kids were really into it especially when the Dragons would throw an incomplete pass and the announcer would implore us to tell them that their pass was IN-COM-PLETE. Although towards the end of the game I was hoping their passes would be caught just to save my throat..... but they really didn't hold their end of the deal on that..... and thus my throat feels like minced meat...... but obviously really good minced meat.

Those Desperado dancers are freaking HOT. I was feeling guilty with my kids to my side. And I got a kick out of watching the players be able to interact with the dancers during their routines (both sides - NY players and Dallas players)..... it was obvious the NY Dragon players appreciated the outfits.... giggle.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-16-2007 at 11:54 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #47
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
That was really a blast. The game should have been boring with us kicking the NY Dragons butt with a score of 67-13..... but it never got boring at all. I was cheering us on every Burger King first down and yelling every Verizon Yellow Pages flag (that went against them of course). *actually to be honest I can't remember some of the sponsors and I might be wrong on the first down sponsor but I don't think I am.... I do remember that the first down marker had the Burger King logo on it.... but the actual first down might have a different sponsor*

The kids were really into it especially when the Dragons would throw an incomplete pass and the announcer would implore us to tell them that their pass was IN-COM-PLETE. Although towards the end of the game I was hoping their passes would be caught just to save my throat..... but they really didn't hold their end of the deal on that..... and thus my throat feels like minced meat...... but obviously really good minced meat.

Those Desperado dancers are freaking HOT. I was feeling guilty with my kids to my side. And I got a kick out of watching the players be able to interact with the dancers during their routines (both sides - NY players and Dallas players)..... it was obvious the NY Dragon players appreciated the outfits.... giggle.
See? Arena Football is great! I wish more people went to games and enjoyed it for what it is. Is it the NFL? No. But it's a fun time, and it's still gooood football.

They're Magic Johnson Burger King first downs. HOOTERS timeouts.

Did you stay after the game? You can go down and talk to the players and such. It's fun.

The Desperados outscored the Dragons 127-20 in the two games this year.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Sweet,when do the playoffs start?

(this post brought to you by at&t wireless)
Old 06-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #49
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

One game left before the playoffs. The 'rados get a first round bye. I think their first game is Saturday, July 7th, at home.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #50
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

So I went to the WCF game last season, thinking it HAD to be exciting. I got lower level tickets for $20 I think. Ya...I left around halftime. Even though it was the playoffs...and the WCF for that matter, it was still a crappy game.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:39 PM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tear-jerking ending to the game tonight. After flat-out dominating the Columbus Homos for the first half, they allow touchdowns on CONSECUTIVE kickoffs off the pipe that the Co-Ho's recovered. They also threw a pick off the net. So sad, so sad.

Guess it about sums up the way things have been going for Dallas sports the last decade or so.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:49 PM   #52
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

que lastima.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #53
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Are you fkicung kidding me????

Curse of the AAC continues.....
Old 07-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #54
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

We are the pre-2004 Boston Red Sox =[

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:55 AM   #55
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you fkicung kidding me????

Curse of the AAC continues.....
Damn, dude, you might be right. Didn't the Stars win at Reunion?

This is suddenly very much cause for concern.

Who can hit the post twice in a row? This is ridiculous.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #56
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I know, I had not thought of it like that either, and then I heard someone mention it on the Ticket this week, and I got to thinking....

Stars won at Reunion, and crap since.

Mavs....well you know.

Now the Desperados stink it up after dominating consecutive regular seasons....

It IS a cause for concern.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #57
chumdawg
Guru

Remember when they used to say that there was a beast that lived under the floor of the Garden, before the Rangers won in '94? I wonder if he spent a few years and then settled down here.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #58
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about two losses in the playoffs to teams we should have beat... Wasn't this team 7-9 coming in and we were 15-1???

Yeah... That is crap.

Desperados this year = Mavs this year. Regular season domination with a playoff collapse.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #59
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Looserville.. get used to it boys. makes it all easier to comprehend.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
Looserville..
I suggest you tie your shoes tighter.....
Old 07-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #61
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hahahahaha.... Took me a second, but that is some funny stuff!
Old 07-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #62
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

wastin' away again here in loserville....
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #63
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

If you are going to quote a legendary singler such as Jimmy Buffett, please don't add extra words...

"Wastin away again in loserville" will do just fine thanks! Leave the here to yourself!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #64
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
If you are going to quote a legendary singler such as Jimmy Buffett, please don't add extra words...

"Wastin away again in loserville" will do just fine thanks! Leave the here to yourself!!!
it's off of Galloway's radio show....

you leave the 'l' out of singer and we'll be even.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #65
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Quote:
thats not the only thing thats loose around here.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #66
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
it's off of Galloway's radio show....

you leave the 'l' out of singer and we'll be even.
Hahaha... Well shit!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #67
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I've watched all of about 5 quarters total of Desperados football this season, but for some reason, this just really pissed me off.

This town is becoming depressing. The Mavericks and the Stars both broke my heart (and my summer) in spectacular fashion....and I am sick and tired of this crap. The damned 15-1 AFL team can't even make it out of their first playoff game/round.....

What did we do to deserve this?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:57 PM   #68
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We will all get our reward for sticking with Dallas sports when the Cowboys take the field for the first time. Oh I can't wait. I am getting a semi just thinking about it!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #69
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I've watched all of about 5 quarters total of Desperados football this season, but for some reason, this just really pissed me off.

This town is becoming depressing. The Mavericks and the Stars both broke my heart (and my summer) in spectacular fashion....and I am sick and tired of this crap. The damned 15-1 AFL team can't even make it out of their first playoff game/round.....

What did we do to deserve this?
They are saying it's the curse of the AAC. As unlikely as those kickoffs off the post were, I'm inclined to believe them.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #70
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Any freelance demolition experts on the board?
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #71
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
Any freelance demolition experts on the board?
My cube neighbor here at work was a demolitions expert in the Army. Should I inquire about his services?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2007 at 09:23 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #72
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

ATTENTION DALLAS AREA FAT BOYS/WEEKEND WARRIORS.

http://www.dallasdesperados.com/dd_tryouts_2008.cfm

Dallas Desperados Tryouts
Download Application :: Tryouts FAQ

When: Saturday, October 20, 2007
Where: Texas Stadium
2401 East Airport Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD BY OCTOBER 20 AND HAVE COMPLETED YOUR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL ELIGIBILITY TO TRYOUT FOR THE DALLAS DESPERADOS.
Cost: $60 - advanced registration includes T-shirt & 2 platinum level seats to the Desperados home opener ($25 value per ticket)
Check or money orders should be mailed in with application to:
Dallas Desperados
Open Tryouts - Dallas
One Cowboys Parkway
Irving, TX 75063

Players
Evaluated
In: 40-yard dash
20-yard shuttle
Standing Broad Jump
- Selected players who meet or exceed testing standards will be invited to an elite workout evaluating football skills.

Attire: Non-Padded workout (No Pads Needed) Bring grass / turf shoes for "grass type surface"

Time: WR/DB/RB/QB - registration will begin at 7:00 a.m. and workouts at 8:00 a.m.
OL/DL/FB/LB - registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. and workouts at 12:00 p.m.
Kickers - registration will begin at 2:00 p.m. and work with elite position workouts

Print And Fill Out Form, Then Mail With Payment Of $60 To:
Dallas Desperados Open
Open Tryouts - Dallas
One Cowboys Parkway
Irving, TX 75063

Forms can also be obtained at front Desk of Desperados office:
One Cowboys Parkway
Irving, TX 75063
2006 Dallas Desperados Open Tryouts
Registration Form
Dallas, TX @ Texas Stadium

*Application and payment must be received by October 12th to be eligible for advanced registration discount.

You can also bring this application and $75 cash or money order to Texas Stadium the morning of tryouts.

DO IT.

Last edited by MavsX; 09-25-2007 at 08:25 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote