Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-22-2002, 02:11 PM   #81
SeomanSnowlock

SeomanSnowlock is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, there are several parties involved here that don't come away smelling like roses.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:33 AM   #82
Don Ho

Don Ho is on a distinguished road

It just seems like some get treated "more fairly" than others. It sucks to see long time people get suspended when new people don't. It makes you wonder if it really is worth investing any time on the board.
Don Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:44 AM   #83
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Don, you're a new member here so perhaps you should read the faq (click the faq link above and scroll down to the part on the four-strike system) before posting idiotic statements like that. If anything, older members are generally given more flack than newbs such as yourself.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 01:02 PM   #84
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Don Ho, I hope you stick around. You'll be glad you did - especially when the new season starts, and the three (cross your fingers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) return.

Also, Scooter has been here long enough to not be a new guy, and I think he's like 15. He's just being a little rebellious right now while the main trouble maker is gone and the big three can't get their hands on him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 02:57 PM   #85
Don Ho

New member yes. Not a new lurker. But it still seems stupid.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:40 PM   #86
Don Ho

The Big Three? Are there 3 moderators/administrators or something? An Administrator calling a new person "idiotic" just proves a point. Double standards exist.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:03 PM   #87
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

An Administrator can say whatever he wants, when it's his time and money running the site. Particularly when the only problems that this board has ever seen have come from people who happened to be brand new posters coming in and jumping on somebody's butt right off the bat.

I'm not accusing you of that, or of anything subversive. I'm just explaining the reason for the sensitivity to such things. I don't think it's a good idea to introduce yourself to the board, even if you've been reading it since 1923, by calling someone a jerk.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 04:15 PM   #88
ManiAAC

ManiAAC is on a distinguished road

I hope everyone knows who that is, I sure do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ManiAAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 04:18 PM   #89
SeomanSnowlock

SeomanSnowlock is on a distinguished road

The Big Three equals is Murphy3, MFFL, and Drbio.
In a very questionable situation,they were all put on suspension. Drbio has said he will not be back. He is still on suspsension.
MFFL was taken off suspension but has not posted since being removed.
Murphy3 is still on suspension but in all likeliness be unavailable to post when removed from suspension. He will be on the IR for an unspecified amount of time.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:23 PM   #90
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Ok smart guy..I called your COMMENT idiotic, not you. English must not be your first language. Secondly, the "big three" (murph/mffl/drbio) were not "suspended" for the incident, they were issued their second WARNINGS/STRIKES which resulted in a one-week suspension according the four-strike system.

In regards to Seoman, MFFL's account was reactived two days ago and I even tested it out to make sure it works. He must still be having problems with his cookes/cache or something. And as for murph, I suspect he's been posting this entire week under a different alias so that point's moot. Plus he's already said he's ok with the suspension and will be back in a week (tomorrow).
Old 05-23-2002, 04:25 PM   #91
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

"The Big Three equals is Murphy3, MFFL, and Drbio.
In a very questionable situation,they were all put on suspension. Drbio has said he will not be back. He is still on suspsension.
MFFL was taken off suspension but has not posted since being removed.
Murphy3 is still on suspension but in all likeliness be unavailable to post when removed from suspension. He will be on the IR for an unspecified amount of time."

Using capital letters cannot hide the obvious style and obvious opinions, but nonetheless, I'm not sure a 'new' poster could an accurate idea about the history of this board.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:26 PM   #92
ManiAAC

Was the guy posting under a new alias banned? Isn't their a punishment for that, and I have noticed it but just didn't want to call anyone on it. What's going to happen, if anything?
Old 05-23-2002, 04:26 PM   #93
djb
Administrator

Oh and if you're here to start shit, you better pack your bags. I've gone through so much shit the last few weeks the last thing I need is for some smartass to come on my board and bitch me out. Don't test me on this because I'm not playing around anymore. I've let enough people here walk all over me and there's no way it's going to continue.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:29 PM   #94
ManiAAC

Please do not think he is playing here, he is very serious. Everyone knows who you are, so if I were you I would just cool it.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:43 PM   #95
Don Ho

ManiAAC- as a new member yourself you are really familiar with the board. Does that seem odd to you? You said, "I hope everyone knows who that is, I sure do. " Please let us know how smart you are by sharing your questionable insight with us.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:52 PM   #96
djb
Administrator

ManiAAC is gone.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:57 PM   #97
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Shame to waste a good screen name like that.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:36 PM   #98
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

LOL,
after only 2 posts it was quite clear who ManiAAC was.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:54 PM   #99
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Oh and Murphy definitly has been around the entire week. I wonder if he has created just one account or a couple. I thought he was Seoman Snowlock but Don Ho seems suspicious too. IF he´s one of those I must say I´m fine with him coming back under a different name cause I didn´t quite agree with the suspensions of him, Doc and MFFL.
When I´m at it here´s my take on the board and mod situation too: First, no blame whatsoever on DJ!! He has got more important things to take care of right now, and it´s his board which enables him to do whatever he wants with it. The only blame would be the mod situation. It´s not the fault of Rob or MFF, a board like this just should have a lot more mods than 2 (I don´t count DallMav since he´s almost never around). I think something like 6-8 mods would be appropriate, especially when you have something like the 4 strike policie. There should be some people chosen as mods who are logged on at least 5-6 times a week (like me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). I don´t think it is a problem to install some more mods, so it should be done right now.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:02 PM   #100
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

But, Fidel, you don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. I am of the school of thought with DJ, who said that prior to JoeJoe, we barely needed moderators. If everyone can get their drawers unbunched about this, quit creating aliases and playing games, grow up a little, and just forget about it all -- a week from now, there shouldn't be any problems.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:07 PM   #101
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Who is Princess?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:18 PM   #102
Fidel
Diamond Member

Rhylan,
I´d like to agree with you. But the site will grow, especially if the Mavs are able to keep up the good play. That´s a good thing cause it will draw more interrest from Mavs fans and it will make for a more lively and diverse board. But it will also draw some more people like JoeJoe in the future. If the board keeps growing there will be more issues that need to be adressed. I think we´d all like this board to remain the civil, polite and interresting board to talk hoops we all got to know. To keep it that way we´ll need more mods.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:23 PM   #103
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<< Who is Princess? >>

She is from Mavtalk. She is going to take me to a Mavs game, so that sounds all good to me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 07:03 PM   #104
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I'm with you there, Fidel, hopefully the Mavs will be so good that people won't be able to stay away.

Organizationally speaking, though, it is better for the stability of the board and consistency of mod behavior if new mods are added slowly and only as needed, instead of en masse. In my humble opinion, of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 07:58 PM   #105
djb
Administrator

Rhylan and Fidel, I agree with both of you in regards to adding more mods, but adding them slowly. We only have a handful of regulars here, but yes, if down the road we happen to come across multiple &quot;joejoe&quot;-type personalities, then another mod or two will definitely be appointed. The problem I'd have with multiple mods right now is that I'm afraid collectively they might give out strikes too liberally, or they might make this place seem too regulated. As it is, with Rob/MFF/dallmav, we don't give out many strikes or tell people what to say frequently, and I like things better that way. But of course the day strikes are FINALLY given, everyone gets pissed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I still stand by the suspensions that were give the other week. People seem to forget the reason why doc and murph were suspended was because they received a second strike, and not because the mods just decided at random to ban them for all the crap that happened the last few weeks. I don't know, perhaps the strike system should be revised a bit so members who have been here a certain amount of time can have their strikes removed (ie, murph as two strikes now, but maybe after a set amount of time - such as 6 months - his record can be cleared). Just a thought.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:20 PM   #106
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< I don't know, perhaps the strike system should be revised a bit so members who have been here a certain amount of time can have their strikes removed (ie, murph as two strikes now, but maybe after a set amount of time - such as 6 months - his record can be cleared). Just a thought. >>

I think that's a very good idea, DJ. A regular poster shouldn't still be risking penalties for some stupidity a year in the past.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:22 PM   #107
djb
Administrator

Yea that's what I was thinking. So perhaps every six months we can wipe the slates clean? Does that sound reasonable?
Old 05-23-2002, 08:24 PM   #108
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I like the idea, though it might even be a little long. Six months.. think back to Christmas, it seems like forever in board-years.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:24 PM   #109
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

dj- it seems to be working now. Not sure what happened.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:26 PM   #110
djb
Administrator

doc, mffl's account should be working now too. Your ip's were on the banned list and I didn't even know the mods had banned your ip's. Cleared them off the list so now you guys should have no probs..back a few hours early but oh well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 08:26 PM   #111
Drbio
Banned

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:28 PM   #112
Drbio
Banned

Maybe it is time to put this thread to bed? It's over and we need to all get back to basketball. No reason to hash it out any further. Thanks to all of you who spoke up on our behalf. It was appreciated. Let's get back to hoops.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:14 PM   #113
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< doc, mffl's account should be working now too. Your ip's were on the banned list and I didn't even know the mods had banned your ip's. Cleared them off the list so now you guys should have no probs..back a few hours early but oh well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

So if I get banned again, do I get credit for time served? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:19 PM   #114
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

You do, but next time you might want to consider community service for an early release. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:37 PM   #115
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

Welcome home, MFFL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:42 PM   #116
djb
Administrator

Time to put this thread out of its misery.