Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default GOP Woe: What's wrong with Nevada?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/23957

---------------------------------------------------

Janett Reno
-----------

Doesn't this say it all in a nutshell about the Grand Ole Party? It has seen it's better days. The neocons wrecked the republican party and now the neocons are trying to hang on and can't. See what is happening to one of the better republicans? Now he is down and out. No more presidential bids for him and who knows if he will even stay in Nevada. One state the Dems took over that the Reps must have back and now this.

Let's look deeper. Guess who just got stronger, Harry Reid. The Latinos and remember those are the ones that the gop party decided it didn't matter if they had their vote or not. Look what Obama is doing. He is even bringing lots more latinos into the Dem party. Even after the election.

This NV article is happening all over the USA. I am not talking of a sex scandal but in general to the gop party. No leader and most are asking and looking around, so what do we stand for and what platform now do we resort to? Should we talk of gay rights and gay marriages when now Cheney's daughter is lesbian. Now Mayor Jerry Sanders from SD supports same sex marriage necause his daughter is lesbian.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...20sanders.html

Then what about abortion, taxes, big gov spending(remember Bush and Cheney) and all these key words the gop platform hit on?

Look at who is ahead of the gop party now, Cheney, Rush Limpballs, Sean Handsditty, The Factor, Fox News, Sarah Baracuda Palin, Newt, Joe Liberman but very few of them stand for the same thing. They are not on the same page. If Ronnie Reagan could come back how would you think he would feel about the party he left or even Nixon?

If you thougt the last election was bad for the gop, just wait untill next go around. Oh, and you know who, remember you voted for Obama for a vote against Hillary because you feared her. Now look. Guess who probably the two biggest liked politicians it is now. Obama and Hillary Clinton. You streghtened her. Oh she will beat Jeb Bush when they run. I must say Obama is amazing. He has even helped Hillary and made her even stronger and we all know how strong Obama is.

Oh what is the guys name that helped elect W and was behind him? You know the guy that is trying to stay out of jail now. He is another in the running of the gop party as you see him, Cheney, Factor, Sean Hands on Fox news.

The article shouldn't be what's wrong with NV but what's wrong with the gop.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Let me give you amlil background and some name dropping for a few mins. Larry Craig and David Vitter was very big and the two main ones that wanted Bill Clinton impeached. Bill Clinton was a Democrat and was president and he got caught with a female having some sexual activities with. He was married.

Larry Craig said that Bill Clinton was a very bad boy. Now Larry Craig is a republican that was and is also married. He was a senator. Not long after, he was caught going bath room stalls having sexual encounters with men. Now i am not sure now if he is for gay marriage or not as i haven't heard. Well this same man that wanted Clinton impeached was booted out by his own republican party.

The other man that wanted Clinton impeached was a republican from LA named David Vitter. He is also a republican senator. Not long ago he was caught with prostitutes. Oh yes he is married. He did not resign or neither did he leave his job. He is still a senator. Some wanted him gone and some didn't and so far he has been able to keep his job.

Now let's jump back to that man Larry Craig. The main man that wanted Craig to resign his senator position and wanted him out was a republican named John Ensign. This is a senator from Nevada. He is republican, married and was in position to try to beat Harry Reid and maybe even run for president and one of the gop's heavy hitters. Well aboves article tells what just happened to John Ensign.

Is it a better or worse sin cheating on your wife with a man or woman? Is it a better or worse sin if you are rep or dem when you cheat? Even Ted Haggard, the republican preacher was caught with men and running drugs on the street and yes he was and is married. Atleast this man seems to admit his sin and he was wrong and he has battles all the time with the sins he committed but refrains from them and it was some other things also with younger boys or one younger man with him and i think he did admit to a lil of that.

One man that even took up for Ensign and his family was a democrat named Harold Ford Jr telling of what a good man he is and let's remember him and his family thru the bad times. The moral of this story, if you are going to cast stones, then not be a hypocrite and be doing the same thing you want others impeached and kicked out of the party, when you do the same thing.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Barney Franks? http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...958598,00.html
Mel Reynolds? http://www.nndb.com/people/857/000088593/
And who can forget the Poster Boy in Chief getting hummers in the Oval Office from a star struck young intern?

Here's a little list:
http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Scandals.htm

Seriously, it's amusing to listen to the Dems convince themselves that Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party, that the Party is adrift and confused with no message just because they say so. You seem to be spending an awful lot of time whistling past the voting booth. I heard Phil Donahue say the Republican Party will only survive if "They grab onto Obama's coattails and stand by and support their President".

Dems won 2 consecutive elections in a 4 year period. The first resulted in a record low Congressional approval rating. The second required a belief in magic and a yearning to symbolically put the most shameful behavior in our country's history to rest.

A large percentage of adults in the US have no experience with inflation, think the "Cool Mom" school of foreign policy is effective and are going to find out The Law Of Carter "It can't get any worse" is indeed a fallacy.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Let's get into the deep of the article i posted. Who cares if Barney Frank is queer? You can write him and he will tell you he is. It is the word i told "dude" why most all republicans was going to get beat and the word is called "hypocrite". Do you know what platform the republican party runs on? Here are a few things, they are going to take your guns and fishing poles away from you, they are for the middle class and poor people, they are going to raise your taxes, gay rights, abortion, more gov in business. I missed some things but now let's break it down.

It looks like you want to hit on the sexual part, so let's deal with that first. Bill Clinton denied it and was wrong. He was caught. David Vitter denied it, he was caught. Larry Craig denied it and denied being queer, even though he was seeing guys in bathroom stalls. Haggard now admits it. Ensign came out and admitted he had an affair.

The problem is this, while Bill was having his fling Vitter and Craig said he was immoral and needed impeaching for getting his bj while he denied it. Now was Bill wrong? Yes he was to the public and his wife. The two men trying to impeach him, republicans, one was seeing prostitutes and the other was going around looking for strange men in bathrool stalls like George Michael was doing. Just because they are republican, does this make it ok to see prostitutes and men on the side? No. They are married and is wrong to the public and their wife as well. That is a "hypocrite" when you want someone impeached and relieved when you are doing the same as the person you are trying to throw under the bus.

Ensign, a man that was to run against Harry Reid and had a chance of beating him and a man that possibly could have been president, is John Ensign. He is a republican senator from NV and was a better liked republican. He was the main one calling for Larry Craig to resign his senators seat for his wrong actions of seeing men in bathroom stalls. Now Mr Ensign, like Vitter says he is not leaving his senators job just because he was having an affair with another woman and admits it.

So maybe one sin or one bad isn't as bad or sinful as another, you be the judge. The neocons tore down the republican party but it is the republicans fault not taking up for themselfs as they let W, Cheney, Limpballs, HandsDitty, Ramsfield, Asscroft, McConnel tear it down. By the time Lugar, Hagel, and other gop senators and congressmen stood up and said enough is enough with the neocons and wrecking their party it was to late. Plus they had already kicked out some of the best in the party. Now look who runs the gop. Doesn't look good. I must admit, W has been the smartest after leaving but it's his dad he is "finally" listening to. The same way Neil Bush never listened but finally has, to his parents. W finally is. Cheney is just digging it deeper and deeper.

The new generation of the gop party doesn't all stand on the platform you stand on. They are all split. The neocon side of the gop was some or was the biggest spenders ever in history. They also deregulatted everything as things ran wide open and free as people took the money and ran and party like it was 1999. Bankrupt everything. So now, big spending gov is still doing the same as W and Chains did trying to dig out.

As far as democrat congress ratting or Obama or etc, it showed the gop congress was alot and i mean alot worse polling than the democrat congress. As far as who is more gay, Craig, Haggard or Frank. Who cares? As far as who has been with more women, Bill, Ensign or Vitter or the gov from NY that was into prostitutes and he was a democrat, who cares? Just don't be a "hypocrite" and ask for people to resign or be impeached when you are doing the same thing and say i am not leaving my job.

As far as calling Obama black, are who has more queers in the parties, or the lil cat and mouse games, won't stand up to the American public. That was tried in the last election and it don't and won't work anymore. It is what you believe in, issues, a party with ideas, a party with direction.

The gop has 4 years to get Sarah Baracuda, Limpballs, or Jeb Bush or even John Ensign ready to run against Obama or even if McCain and Liberman want to try again but you won't win saying Obama is black, dems are for all people and even latinos, for women, they are taking your guns and fishing poles away, your taxes have gone up and your cigs might be taken away. Just ask Hillarry if you can just show up and win? Oh i know she worked hard and did very good but when someone stands on policy, principle they are strong with the American people.

As long as Limpballs and radicals run the gop, the dems will take over from mayor, gov, sen, congress and pres. It is just common sense.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
The gop has 4 years to get Sarah Baracuda, Limpballs, or Jeb Bush or even John Ensign ready to run against Obama or even if McCain and Liberman want to try again but you won't win saying Obama is black, dems are for all people and even latinos, for women, they are taking your guns and fishing poles away, your taxes have gone up and your cigs might be taken away. Just ask Hillarry if you can just show up and win? Oh i know she worked hard and did very good but when someone stands on policy, principle they are strong with the American people.
The bolded part is the scariest part I know. They aren't really taking guns away. They aren't taking away guns from most of the people. They are just instituting a way to bring about a civil war and destroy the government (they just don't understand that). They will be making outlaws out of citizens.

Most people I know will not give up their guns. They would rather own them illegally than give up their only equalizer. They can keep trying, but eventually civil unrest will happen to the extent that you have to bring in NATO or "other" forces from some country other than the US, or you won't get them. Then the US military will be divided as to whether to follow the Pres, or follow the people. Civil war happens shortly there after.

Power truly resides within the people, the question is how do you win the minds of the people to allow you the power you want. A law is only a law, IF, the people agree that they will enforce and abide by the law.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno View Post
Let's get into the deep of the article i posted. Who cares if Barney Frank is queer? You can write him and he will tell you he is. It is the word i told "dude" why most all republicans was going to get beat and the word is called "hypocrite". Do you know what platform the republican party runs on? Here are a few things, they are going to take your guns and fishing poles away from you, they are for the middle class and poor people, they are going to raise your taxes, gay rights, abortion, more gov in business. I missed some things but now let's break it down.

It looks like you want to hit on the sexual part, so let's deal with that first. Bill Clinton denied it and was wrong. He was caught. David Vitter denied it, he was caught. Larry Craig denied it and denied being queer, even though he was seeing guys in bathroom stalls. Haggard now admits it. Ensign came out and admitted he had an affair.

The problem is this, while Bill was having his fling Vitter and Craig said he was immoral and needed impeaching for getting his bj while he denied it. Now was Bill wrong? Yes he was to the public and his wife. The two men trying to impeach him, republicans, one was seeing prostitutes and the other was going around looking for strange men in bathrool stalls like George Michael was doing. Just because they are republican, does this make it ok to see prostitutes and men on the side? No. They are married and is wrong to the public and their wife as well. That is a "hypocrite" when you want someone impeached and relieved when you are doing the same as the person you are trying to throw under the bus.

Ensign, a man that was to run against Harry Reid and had a chance of beating him and a man that possibly could have been president, is John Ensign. He is a republican senator from NV and was a better liked republican. He was the main one calling for Larry Craig to resign his senators seat for his wrong actions of seeing men in bathroom stalls. Now Mr Ensign, like Vitter says he is not leaving his senators job just because he was having an affair with another woman and admits it.

So maybe one sin or one bad isn't as bad or sinful as another, you be the judge. The neocons tore down the republican party but it is the republicans fault not taking up for themselfs as they let W, Cheney, Limpballs, HandsDitty, Ramsfield, Asscroft, McConnel tear it down. By the time Lugar, Hagel, and other gop senators and congressmen stood up and said enough is enough with the neocons and wrecking their party it was to late. Plus they had already kicked out some of the best in the party. Now look who runs the gop. Doesn't look good. I must admit, W has been the smartest after leaving but it's his dad he is "finally" listening to. The same way Neil Bush never listened but finally has, to his parents. W finally is. Cheney is just digging it deeper and deeper.

The new generation of the gop party doesn't all stand on the platform you stand on. They are all split. The neocon side of the gop was some or was the biggest spenders ever in history. They also deregulatted everything as things ran wide open and free as people took the money and ran and party like it was 1999. Bankrupt everything. So now, big spending gov is still doing the same as W and Chains did trying to dig out.

As far as democrat congress ratting or Obama or etc, it showed the gop congress was alot and i mean alot worse polling than the democrat congress. As far as who is more gay, Craig, Haggard or Frank. Who cares? As far as who has been with more women, Bill, Ensign or Vitter or the gov from NY that was into prostitutes and he was a democrat, who cares? Just don't be a "hypocrite" and ask for people to resign or be impeached when you are doing the same thing and say i am not leaving my job.

As far as calling Obama black, are who has more queers in the parties, or the lil cat and mouse games, won't stand up to the American public. That was tried in the last election and it don't and won't work anymore. It is what you believe in, issues, a party with ideas, a party with direction.

As long as Limpballs and radicals run the gop, the dems will take over from mayor, gov, sen, congress and pres. It is just common sense.
Actually, I don't care about sexual, it just happens to be what makes the lists under scandal, just like it has since the beginning of time . I don't care Franks is "queer", a pretty offensive term from someone yammering about bigotry, it was about the prostitution. Like Elliot Spitzer- Get it? I don't get the calling Obama Black thing. Obama being a person of color played a huge part in getting elected. That's a racial comment but not racist. I didn't say it was the only reason, you couldn't just run any Black candidate and win. We were long overdue for an African American President. The coverage post election was probably 90% about breaking a barrier, starting to put the most shameful behavior in our history to rest....etc. If you weren't proud to be American, you're an asshole.

But what I was worried about seems to be in play. Any criticism of him or his policies is racist. You can't be concerned about out of control spending, huge deficits triggering a return to inflation, selling our future to China, unable to see the part of the Constitution that let's the government directly own for profit business (Those Ford people must be happy, eh?) and exercise free speech to demonstrate without a bunch of asshats saying it's because you can't stomach a Black President. Pot meet Kettle.

Your demeaning little nicknames you think are clever add nothing to the discussion, marginalize whatever point you make and is childish.

My point is the acts were committed by individuals of each Party and are individually guilty. It has nothing to do with the R or D after their names to show Party affiliation. I've been a registered Independent. I vote for candidates, not affiliation. I actually think McCain was a poor candidate. A less moderate candidate who at least attempted to challenge Obama and brought the '06 Congress into the mix under "failed policies" would have been more effective.

The rest of your post is incomprehensible gibberish, but I'll take a shot you were trying to say the traditional issues the Republicans claim they stand for are not born out by the actions they do. I think it's a good point.

But to be fair, you need to point out an '06 Congress elected to end Iraq, reform health care etc...failed. Miserably. That accounted for one of the lowest approval ratings since they started keeping score.

You're also confused about the terms "deregulate" and "oversight". They aren't interchangeable and mean different things. If I give my vehicle over to someone to maintain and warn me of imminent failure, telling me they don't have any responsibility to inform me the master cylinder is cracked and leaking because they didn't install it isn't good enough.

I have little faith in a bunch of millionaires with law degrees who isolated themselves from the day to day problems we face, spend money they don't earn or generate and keep their jobs based on the amount of money they can claim for their districts. The only enduring common trait they have is greedily grabbing all the power and influence we allow.

These are not geniuses, have no superhuman skills and have been dismal failures on any large program they run. Watching the current trend of directly owning private business, handing the next likely global economic superpower a huge club to influence our policies that requires not a single bullet or soldier expended is very troubling. They don't even have to act. A public statement of concern at our current fiscal policies sent a stream of senior officials to China. Betting on a clown car to win a race for you when the crew changes every few years is dubious.

The Democrats, or actually more accurately , left of center media folks are spending an awful lot of time telling me who my voice is, what I believe and attempting to drag a very narrow brush over a very wide wall. You can't read a political discussion without some person, in this case you, making a comment that Limbaugh or Fox News or O'Reilly runs the Republican Party and people who disagree with you are incapable of any thought except what those people say. Your sloganeering is O'Henry ironic.

Especially since:
"After Nevada Sen. John Ensign announced last week he had engaged in an extramarital affair, his popularity plunged. But despite the drop, his favorability ratings remain higher than the state’s senior senator’s, majority leader Harry Reid."

http://features.csmonitor.com/politi...ts-harry-reid/

Last edited by aquaadverse; 06-23-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Senility.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thread diarrhea, who cares