Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Can D-League Help?

With some of the players back from injury, it appears that other developing players are seeing some serious bench time.

One in particular is Roddy.

Thus, as when JJ first came into the league, he spent some considerable D-League time and developed his game to the point of gaining some NBA time that mattered...so much so that we see JJ as a part of the 8-9 man Maverick rotation.

So rather than keep Roddy on the bench, would it be wise to send him to the D-League for 1-2 months, bring him back for the stretch run (Provided he does good in the D-League)...and see if he can fill a role this year, for the stretch and post-season?

Would Roddy be willing to go down in order to get serious minutes and fine tune his game?

I know that many of us would rather see him on the floor for the Mavs...but with RC I don't believe this will happen...thus minutes in D-League, is it better than minutes on the bench in the NBA?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I'm a Laker fan, but showed my appreciation to the Mavs. I took some time and wrote an article on how far you guys can go this season. Please read and reply.

http://www.letsgobasketball.com/foru...than-expected/
Mr. Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

PT is nice, but speed of the game is huge. I think Roddy should sit and watch from Kidd and Dirk. Plus RC loves using the end of bench, you never know when he does use it. Plus with Jet in a funk, Barea can slowly roll into Jet's role and Roddy into the 2nd PG spot.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Hey guys, I'm a Laker fan, but showed my appreciation to the Mavs. I took some time and wrote an article on how far you guys can go this season. Please read and reply.

I'm afraid to click, for fear of the RickRoll.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post

I must say, nice write up Mr. Clutch. I think your perspective is right on. I think most here will not agree so much on Barea, but if when this team can get everyone healthy and playing well, they will have to be reckoned with.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

92bDad, this thought had crossed my mine and I think it has some merit. My problem is I can't figure out RC, just when I think I have, things seem to go in the opposite direction.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I guess my thought, is that JJB went down to D-League and basically dominated...while at the time, there was very little room or playing time for him at the NBA level.

Roddy is a talented young player...and as much as one can learn by sitting and watching...ultimately it takes game time minutes to fine tune the development.

D-League is a resource to develop players and it appears of late that Roddy is a plan for the future. Heck, even a 2-4 week stint in the D-League would help this kid...and hey, if someone gets hurt (Terry, JJB)...then he's on a quick bus ride to the AAC and in the lineup.

It's a small investment, but one that could pay big dividends in the long run...if he developes as JJB, but with some huge upside over JJB, then I would like to see it.

I've got some strong hope for this kid, and I'm worried that sitting on the bench too long, may slow that development.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter, fluffy to the d-league!, massive thread flatulence, thread diarrhea