Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #81
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The demonstrations are part of a larger grassroots movement against government spending called Taxed Enough Already, or TEA -- giving name to the Tax Day Tea Parties -- and come more than 235 years after the original Boston Tea Party revolt against taxes.
Sigh...Thanks to Fox News for contributing to the dumbing down of America.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #82
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... Boston Tea Party revolt against taxes. ...
Against being taxed without proper representation... yeah they twisted it a little.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #83
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The high estimates I've heard were that approximately 250,000 people attended these things. That works out to about .008 percent of the U.S. population.

But I also heard that .002 percent were there in "spirit".

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #84
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they should have dressed up like Indians (sorry, native americans). Minority groups always count for more in the eyes of the media.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-17-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #85
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
The high estimates I've heard were that approximately 250,000 people attended these things. That works out to about .008 percent of the U.S. population.

But I also heard that .002 percent were there in "spirit".
I have seen that over a million attended these things.
LINK
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #86
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
I have seen that over a million attended these things.
LINK
Nice link and great article!!!

I believe the estimates at 1,000,000 people is pretty good...sounds like a Million Man March...but then again, it's not a million to support some leftist agenda or some minority islamic radical, so it must not be newsworthy.

The Media is showing its true colors and the people are showing that they are disgruntled with the Elite Leftwing Media...

You know if MSNBC, CNN and others would simple report without spinning, they would probably get viewers away from Fox...but the American people are tired of the left telling them what they should thing...

I'm thankful we have a Fair & Balanced network that reports the news and lets US decide!!! Something the left simply can't comprehend.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #87
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Nice link and great article!!!

I believe the estimates at 1,000,000 people is pretty good...sounds like a Million Man March...but then again, it's not a million to support some leftist agenda or some minority islamic radical, so it must not be newsworthy.

The Media is showing its true colors and the people are showing that they are disgruntled with the Elite Leftwing Media...

You know if MSNBC, CNN and others would simple report without spinning, they would probably get viewers away from Fox...but the American people are tired of the left telling them what they should thing...

I'm thankful we have a Fair & Balanced network that reports the news and lets US decide!!! Something the left simply can't comprehend.
Why do you "believe" the estimates at 1,000,000 are correct, other than the fact that they're higher, and you want to think that this movement is big? You didn't even go! Nate Silver says 300,000, and he was damn near dead-on during the election. Plus, he bases his numbers on non-partisan sources like the police officers. You're not going to accuse the police officers of lying, are you? They're part of the establishment!

Fox has been shown, time and time again, to flat out make stuff up. Have you not seen the video of Neil Cavuto blatantly lying about the amount of people at his tea party? His mic was hot, and he asked someone, and they said "5,000," which he agreed with. 9 minutes later, he says on-air that "they expected five thousand, but there's gotta be double, if not triple that." It's a blatant, irrefutable lie. There is no defense for that. What say you to this?

And are you serious? This was all over the news, on every network. It got FAR more coverage than the anti-war protests in 2003.

You can't possible believe the stuff you say - it's absolutely astounding that there are human beings that have so little independent thought.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 04-17-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #88
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohmigod......
Old 04-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #89
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Arne,

Nice vidoe clip...

For the most part I like what Ron Paul has to say, but I do have one huge conflict/disagreement.

He believes that all the troops should come home and that we can cut spending by keeping them home.

This is something that I disagree...I believe that our troops abroad is a valuable assett in protecting our liberties domestically.
USA the empire.... seriously, did you know that the USA still keeps 50,000 troops in Germany and 30,000 in Japan? It's funny that that's allowed whereas if too many mexicans gather up in front of Home Depot I'm sure there'll be an uproar.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #90
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
USA the empire.... seriously, did you know that the USA still keeps 50,000 troops in Germany and 30,000 in Japan? It's funny that that's allowed whereas if too many mexicans gather up in front of Home Depot I'm sure there'll be an uproar.
Gee, let me see... being as I was stationed in Germany, in Bamberg...perhaps I am aware of the military presence we have throughout the globe?

I simply stated that I disagree with Ron Paul's view of having troops located throughout the globe. I happen to support having soldiers located outside the USA. I support the liberation of Iraq and Afghanistan. I support the war on Terror.

What's your point about "Mexians gather up in front of Home Depot"? Call me ignorant, but I have no clue what point you are trying to make? - if anything your statement boarders on some type of racist comment...but I would rather ask you directly, what you meant by your statement?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #91
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is liberty and freedom do not come free. Many nations (and non nations) would love to see this country so devided that we lose sight of this. They would and will do anything in their power to destroy us.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #92
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Gee, let me see... being as I was stationed in Germany, in Bamberg...perhaps I am aware of the military presence we have throughout the globe?

I simply stated that I disagree with Ron Paul's view of having troops located throughout the globe. I happen to support having soldiers located outside the USA. I support the liberation of Iraq and Afghanistan. I support the war on Terror.

What's your point about "Mexians gather up in front of Home Depot"? Call me ignorant, but I have no clue what point you are trying to make? - if anything your statement boarders on some type of racist comment...but I would rather ask you directly, what you meant by your statement?
There's no racism there. The USA goes to other countries and never leaves, which is funny given they want all illegal immigrants out of the country. It's an empire dude.

How happy would you be to have another country with armed troops here? My guess is you wouldn't stand for it. I wouldn't blame you.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #93
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
There's no racism there. The USA goes to other countries and never leaves, which is funny given they want all illegal immigrants out of the country. It's an empire dude.

How happy would you be to have another country with armed troops here? My guess is you wouldn't stand for it. I wouldn't blame you.

Being as the countries we are in, we actually helped to liberate and we stay there for other strategical and treaty reasons.

Had another country needed to come to the U.S. to liberate us...then stay behind after the war was over...I don't think I would have an issue with that...provided it was similar to the U.S. and based on Democracy and Freedom.

Face it, there are threats througout the world...having troops located throughout is very strategic in terms of deployment to a hot zone.

By the way, we do have foreign troops stationed within the U.S....most of them are stationed on U.S. Military bases...so no, I don't have a problem with it.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #94
mary
Troll Hunter

What would you expect the national event organizer to say?

That's like asking Tom Hicks about Ranger attendance.

Last edited by mary; 04-17-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #95
bernardos70
Diamond Member

You liberated Japan?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #96
bernardos70
Diamond Member

This is straying away from the original statement (which itself was already off the original topic). Point is I agree with Ron Paul's policy on the troops in Iraq, but he shouldn't forget about troops elsewhere. Now back to your little tea party: I prefer Lipton's
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #97
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You liberated Japan?
Depends on your definition of "liberation"

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-17-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #98
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Is there anybody on this board besides Underdog, alexamenos and maybe DFT who is done with both parties, as well?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #99
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I had a nice chat with a fellow yesterday who attended one of the Tea Parties. He's a helluva good guy genuinely well intentioned etc., etc....

Long story short -- Tea parties = fail.

The main thing he took away from it was that people were by and large upset with how their tax dollars are being spent rather than how much of their dollars were being taken. So, the tea party thing looks more like a debate between Janett Reno and 92youknowwho over how the government should spend the last 0.004% of it's 3.6 trillion dollar budget rather than a debate over anything that would make a difference...

Democrats and Republicans -- there ain't a dime's worth of difference. The Tea Parties are just the Republican Party's Moveon.org.

if voting changed anything, we wouldn't get to do it every 2 years.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #100
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
Is there anybody on this board besides Underdog, alexamenos and maybe DFT who is done with both parties, as well?
uhhhhhh......maybe me.

Well, I may be a little farther done than with parties.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #101
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
What has two thumbs and sees politics as a creation of the establishment designed to divide those it controls?

THIS GUYYYYYYY..... (I'm pointing my thumbs at my chest emphatically)
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #102
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

All I have to say is that some Democrats are just gay as hell.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #103
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
All I have to say is that some Democrats are just gay as hell.
co-sign

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #104
92bDad
Platinum Member

Does anyone have a list of the year to year budget approved by congress and signed by the President? For the last 24-40 years?

What has each President approved in "Spending" on a year to year basis...this should provide us some additional insight on our taxes throughout that time.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #105
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/

http://www.federalbudget.com/

have fun!
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #106
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post

Nice try, but these sites are virtually useless!!!

Is there anywhere that answers a very simple question?

How much did our government spend each year from 2008 back to 1976?

I'm not worried about the breakdown of where that money went at this point...I'll look at that later.

It's like doing a household budget...the first question I ask...how much is going out, on a monthly basis for the past 24 to 36 months.

On this question, I do NOT care where it is going to...just trying to see what that number is.

Without a base point...all the other debating is useless...thus what has our government spent on a yearly basis since 1976?

Neither of these links appear able to answer this question with a simple straightforward response.

I'll see if I can find some other sites...as well as checking out other links that others may post on this page.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #107
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You (by which I mean anyone who has posted in this thread) can look at this from any angle you like, but I bet if _______ just ignores ________ then ________ will eventually just stop posting in this thread.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-20-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #108
92bDad
Platinum Member

Flaco...thanks for posting, you are my hero!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #109
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #110
bernardos70
Diamond Member

This isn't my finest hour

Last edited by bernardos70; 12-27-2009 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Wrong thread...... for the 5th time today?
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100000 fluff units, conservative circle jerk, conservative circle rub, fluffy banter, ill bayonette u, liberal circle jerk, reagan raised taxes, tea parties how smug