Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 01-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #161
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone ever use Realgm?
That is my alternate site to discuss Mavs.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-29-2016 at 02:52 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #162
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Here's to wishing you all have happy lives. Take care. Discussions have been mostly interesting, sometimes entertaining, and occasionally annoying. But, there has always been a nucleus of insightful and imaginative posters. Go Mavs!
Old 01-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #163
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, why not at least one more year more?

Shut it down together with Dirks retirement, that would be really nice timing. Dirk deserves it People allready offered to pay for the next year.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-29-2016 at 03:51 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #164
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Have you tried reading that forum? Like an incompetent quail hunter firing in every careless direction hoping to hit something.
So what you're saying is you don't want more posts or that every post has to well thought out and backed up with facts? I wish this site had the traffic that Clutchfans has. You really don't have to read every post so who cares if people post whatever they want.

New posters ultimately feel unwelcome if they are told to go read all the other threads before they can post or start a thread.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #165
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Melon. If you have to skip over a bunch of troll posts just to find the occasional post worth replying to... It's really not much different than dumpster diving through shit to find the least smelling shit. If that sounds like fun I have a garage that needs straightening.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #166
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit View Post
So what you're saying is you don't want more posts or that every post has to well thought out and backed up with facts? I wish this site had the traffic that Clutchfans has. You really don't have to read every post so who cares if people post whatever they want.

New posters ultimately feel unwelcome if they are told to go read all the other threads before they can post or start a thread.
Name one poster who has told you that you couldn't start a new thread, and then I'll believe you. And every forum merges new threads of the same topic as is done around here.

I'd be happy to see a rule implemented that just agreed to merge threads without telling anyone not to start new ones.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 01-29-2016 at 07:22 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #167
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I bumped just a few where people were killed for starting new threads.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #168
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Well, I bumped just a few where people were killed for starting new threads.
I wasn't lurking as often back then but just skimming those threads I don't rly see the issue with calling them bad threads with the context that I assume they are under. Which based on the reaction of the majority, seemed to be a recurring issue of threads being started unnecessarily and/or pointless. Whether they be redundant threads or entirely devoid of any thought/purpose. The only exception being the trip dub thread you created which escalated due to a joke which was pointed at the current(then) issue of new threads. In fact it looked more like the issue of the thread was directed more towards you rather than the content. So I can't comment on it as I have no idea what your posts were like back then.

I will say I did not read through that God awful trade thread you bumped. The title alone tells me all I need to know. Even if you take hindsight out... Trading a MVP for a rookie srsly? I mean there is the perfect example of nonClutchFans posting. That is exactly the kind of crap you see there on a daily basis why is it a negative to not have that kind of drivel here?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #169
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Btw... Every time I get that proxy server error on site and it fails to load I get nervous thinking the plug has been pulled early.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #170
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I wasn't lurking as often back then but just skimming those threads I don't rly see the issue with calling them bad threads with the context that I assume they are under. Which based on the reaction of the majority, seemed to be a recurring issue of threads being started unnecessarily and/or pointless. Whether they be redundant threads or entirely devoid of any thought/purpose. The only exception being the trip dub thread you created which escalated due to a joke which was pointed at the current(then) issue of new threads. In fact it looked more like the issue of the thread was directed more towards you rather than the content. So I can't comment on it as I have no idea what your posts were like back then.

I will say I did not read through that God awful trade thread you bumped. The title alone tells me all I need to know. Even if you take hindsight out... Trading a MVP for a rookie srsly? I mean there is the perfect example of nonClutchFans posting. That is exactly the kind of crap you see there on a daily basis why is it a negative to not have that kind of drivel here?
I bumped it because of some good comedy in the thread.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #171
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit View Post

Their GDT are 45 pages long. Quality over quantity. Catch 22 I guess
Old 01-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #172
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree with others that it will feel weird without the site. Although I'm one of many whose posts rapidly declined over the years, d-m.com has been more or less a daily visit during the season and the first thing on 'big' news during the offseason was getting here and look up what people were thinking.

2011, mavsmoneyball.com. I coded a stats-tool that analyses play-by-play data because of this board. Has been a fun ride although it eventually turned out to be only an episode of my life.

This leaves just one last thing to say: I think I was wrong about Roddy B.

Cheers guys, will definitely watch where you'll be gathering in the future and probably follow.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #173
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Woah. First time seeing this. I just don't have time to post much anymore, but I'll miss having this place around.

I followed DJ from the Lone Mavs Fan Forum, or maybe it was kgveteran? That was such a long time ago. Man.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #174
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default sigs...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-30-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:38 PM   #175
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
Woah. First time seeing this. I just don't have time to post much anymore, but I'll miss having this place around.

I followed DJ from the Lone Mavs Fan Forum, or maybe it was kgveteran? That was such a long time ago. Man.
You pre-date KG here on this site.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:02 AM   #176
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Last day...

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #177
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck. I'll miss the skull of Roy Tarpley.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #178
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all
Default goodbye

man, so many years...
goodbye
looking for an other mavs forum
thanks dj
and most of the posters
i liked it here, there where better times, for me and the forum but everything gets older

go dirk
go mavs
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #179
Murphy3
Guru

Julius... Visit the twitter thread
Old 01-31-2016, 12:26 PM   #180
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Last day...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #181
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gev_Phjl764
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:19 PM   #182
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

Old 01-31-2016, 01:34 PM   #183
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

so bittersweet.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #184
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

See you there. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=268&f=2144

No excuses.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:50 PM   #185
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

Old 01-31-2016, 01:54 PM   #186
markus1234
Platinum Member

No false pride. If you do not like it, register and try to make it better.

Forum is better than twitter.

DB.com is pretty good since a couple of weeks. Most trolls are gone.

Last edited by markus1234; 01-31-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:02 PM   #187
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

I also lurked a lot and didn't write enough.

Many thanks to DJB for hosting us all these years and to everybody contributing, especially to those who kept this place going by doing so regularly, but also to everyone who could only post sporadically or stopped posting reularly for whatever reasons. I learned a lot about basketball, the nba, the US and even something about proper netiquette by coming here.

Goodbye everybody!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:20 PM   #188
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Here is another one....although not as good as this site but not bad.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=12
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #189
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Since this IS the end, I sincerely thank Mr. DJB for making this my weekly stress-relief therapy, a place to read, enjoy, and forget about my job and students for a while.

Thank you all moderators and administrators for keeping this a fun and respectful place to be, no matter the nationality, noobie level, or favorite player (JJB in my particular case, if anyone did not notice before...).

Thank you all forum members for keeping this place CLASSY... I doubt that wherever I end up lurking (more than posting) I will find such an entertaining, creative, and professional group of people, a very cool global community, joined by the same love for a great team called the Dallas Mavs!

Cheers, blessings, and QUE VIVAN LOS MAVS!!!!
Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 PM   #190
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:34 PM   #191
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM View Post
Since this IS the end, I sincerely thank Mr. DJB for making this my weekly stress-relief therapy, a place to read, enjoy, and forget about my job and students for a while.

Thank you all moderators and administrators for keeping this a fun and respectful place to be, no matter the nationality, noobie level, or favorite player (JJB in my particular case, if anyone did not notice before...).

Thank you all forum members for keeping this place CLASSY... I doubt that wherever I end up lurking (more than posting) I will find such an entertaining, creative, and professional group of people, a very cool global community, joined by the same love for a great team called the Dallas Mavs!

Cheers, blessings, and QUE VIVAN LOS MAVS!!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've spent countless hours on this forum usually lurking, but occasionally posting. Going to miss this place! Thanks, everyone!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:18 PM   #192
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer. For real.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #193
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

See you in another world

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:16 PM   #194
markus1234
Platinum Member

Old 01-31-2016, 08:19 PM   #195
markus1234
Platinum Member

Old 01-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #196
Underdog

Old 01-31-2016, 08:39 PM   #197
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Old 01-31-2016, 08:53 PM   #198
markus1234
Platinum Member

Last edited by markus1234; 01-31-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:55 PM   #199
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Well time to bury this place...
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:57 PM   #200
markus1234
Platinum Member