Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future
Default My boy's not happy...

Many of you will probably file this under "Who Gives a Crap", but I feel sorry for my former boyfriend.

Raef ripped at new role: LaFrentz now coming off bench
By Steve Bulpett/ Celtics Notebook
Wednesday, April 5, 2006 - Updated: 06:32 AM EST

TORONTO - Doc Rivers moved Raef LaFrentz out of the starting lineup last night, and the veteran expressed himself with 20 points and eight rebounds in 26:27. Afterward he expressed displeasure with his continually changing situation.

“What’s new?” LaFrentz said. “Adjusting to a different role. What the hell’s new? You know? That’s all I’ve got to say. What’s new?”

He’d offered similar feelings before, and he shouted back as Rivers yelled when taking him out of the March 12 game against Denver (“He was communicating in a way that I didn’t necessarily appreciate,” LaFrentz said that night).

Asked last night if he was disturbed by the move to the second team, LaFrentz said, “I don’t give a (expletive). Whatever. I mean, why would I expect anything more? Why would I expect anything different from this group of coaches?”

Told that one might construe from that response that he wasn’t exactly happy, LaFrentz said, “It’s not about being happy or being sad or being mad or whatever. I’m going to go out and play basketball whenever I’m out there - if I’m out there three minutes or if I’m out there 40 minutes. I’ll leave the other junk for people to figure out. I rid myself of responsibility for that a long time ago.”

Asked point-blank later if he would request a trade in the offseason - even though one would be unlikely with the three years and $36,745,324 he has coming - LaFrentz said, “I don’t think so. I don’t think so at all. I just think some communication has to be thrown my way, as far as what’s going on.

“I really don’t want to make a big deal out if it, but it’s frustrating. It’s frustrating being the guy who always has to adapt. But I’m not going to lose any sleep about something I can’t control or try to figure out what’s in someone else’s mind. We’ll figure it out at a later date.”

Before hearing of LaFrentz’ comments, Rivers said, “Raef was huge. He’s a pro. I don’t think anyone likes getting taken out of the lineup, even though it’s late in the year. But he accepted it and he came in and he did what we needed him to do. We told him to search shots out when he came in. His concern is with the second-line guys, if they could actually find him. But fortunately they did a great job of getting him involved early, and once he gets it going, he stretches the defense and makes it easier for the other guys.”

Man the Celtics suck this year. And holy crap, Raef makes a buttload of money to be sucking.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.

Last edited by raefformvp; 04-05-2006 at 10:04 PM.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i would agree in that the celtics do suck.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote