Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default is billy cundiff the worst kicker in cowboys history?

first he hooks a 33 yrd field goal. now he's missed a stinkin extra point after he can't get the ball high enough.

i think i'd rather call a mid 40 year old eddie murray out of retirement than watch cundwhiff another FG.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2003, 06:04 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I wondered if someone would start this thread. There has to be a decent kicker on the wire somewhere right?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Do you think Parcells can cut Cundiff right there on the field? I mean, why wait for the game to end? I feel like at this point if we get another shot at a FG, we have just a good of chance of getting it without a kicker than with Cundiff.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:10 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: is billy cundiff the worst kicker in cowboys history?

trot out toby gowin for extra points.

he cant be any worse than cundwhiff.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:22 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

4 points is huge for a team that struggles to pick up points. Special teams have been less then stellar and prove that personal is just as important as coaching. I agree.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:45 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Those 4 points COULD have been important. They weren't THIS time but we have to get that situation straightened out before it comes up again.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:17 PM   #7
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Of all teams that need a good kicker-- with our offensive ineptitude-- we're at the top of the list.

Unfortunately, we have Bill (not Billy this year, mind you) Cundiff. He of 33 yard shankitude.

This is going to be a loooong season, friends. Sigh.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:42 PM   #8
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

couldnt agree more
Old 09-07-2003, 07:50 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Eddie Murray idea [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:38 PM   #10
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

There's kids around my neighborhood that can kick 30 yarders on a regular basis
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:39 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

You know...we cut Ola Kimrin in the preseason. The guy kicked a 70 yarder in Denver last year. He has plenty of leg and kicks it a country mile...he just has linear issues. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously...someone has to be out there.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:40 PM   #12
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Actually calling Eddie Murray out of retirement wouldn't be a bad idea. He was an excellent switch hitter back in the day.....

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:45 PM   #13
QCarFan
Golden Member

I am with you on that one.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:09 PM   #14
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

That field goal zapped the life out of the Boys!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:11 AM   #15
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Hey! Didn't the Cougars cut their kicker on ESPN's "Playmakers"? I mean, I know he's just an actor playing a kicker, but he's got to be better than Cundiff.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:28 AM   #16
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Looks like he's staying for now.

"I mean, it's only one kick. Let me see the guy," Parcells said. "I know what his record was last year, so obviously he needs to improve on that, but I think you have to give him a chance to do that, so I'll do it.

"If he goes out there and misses three field goals next week, then I have to start thinking about something. I don't feel like he will. He's kicked pretty well this summer."
Parcells said Cundiff's youth played no role in his decision.

"Young doesn't have a lot to do with that job," he said. "You can either kick or you can't."
---
Ahem. Bill? He can't.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:36 AM   #17
QCarFan
Golden Member

couldnt agree more ames7
Old 09-09-2003, 10:08 AM   #18
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Looks like he's staying for now.

"I mean, it's only one kick. Let me see the guy," Parcells said. "I know what his record was last year, so obviously he needs to improve on that, but I think you have to give him a chance to do that, so I'll do it.

"If he goes out there and misses three field goals next week, then I have to start thinking about something. I don't feel like he will. He's kicked pretty well this summer."
Parcells said Cundiff's youth played no role in his decision.

"Young doesn't have a lot to do with that job," he said. "You can either kick or you can't."
---
Ahem. Bill? He can't.
The "Mellow" Bill. I'm not sure that I like it.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:53 AM   #19
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The "Mellow" Bill. I'm not sure that I like it.
Me either.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:29 PM   #20
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
first he hooks a 33 yrd field goal. now he's missed a stinkin extra point after he can't get the ball high enough.

i think i'd rather call a mid 40 year old eddie murray out of retirement than watch cundwhiff another FG.
Knee jerk
Old 09-09-2003, 01:41 PM   #21
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

If you didn't think this was going to be a long season you haven't been paying attention. Lets be real here the hidden yardage thing comes up big 209 yards and only 7 points in the first half for the cowboys. How many times were the boys in red zone three times. 3 times in the red zone and we only end up with 7 points. What about the dufuse mistakes by edwards by putting his arm all over peerless price negating a huge play by williams. Bryant getting an illegal motion penalty on what would have been a 49 yard strike that would have broken the game open. How many times will we talk about impulse decisions on the qb's part. Quincy needs to learn when to run and do it or stay back in the pocket. It reminded me of donnovan mcnabb's performance last night, mcnabb didn't know when to run and when to pass.

Big Bill says their will be no new kickers, new cornerbacks aka ray crockett or new qbs aka neil odonnel.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:47 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

oops....
Old 09-15-2003, 10:50 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Would anyone like to reconsider?
Old 09-15-2003, 11:04 PM   #24
ames7
Diamond Member

If he can kick like this consistently, I will reconsider. Last year, he didn't. But he does look damn good tonight. Good for him for rebounding.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:31 PM   #25
MFFL
Guru

If Cundiff had made that 53 yarder then the game might have turned out different.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:31 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

Forgot the [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 11:42 PM   #27
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

cundiff just got his job back with that 52 yarder that just happened 10 sec ago at the end of regulation!!!!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:44 PM   #28
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

We all owe Billy a huge apology. I am sorry Billy. That was an incredible 52 yarder.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 PM   #29
ames7
Diamond Member

Alright, I'm ready to take back all my bad statements about Billy now. Long kick like that, under pressue, 4 seconds to go to save a pathetic teamwide collapse? Hell yes. Alright, alright, BILLY C!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:05 AM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Billy Cundiff just kicked his way into history... 7 field goals, and the first win of the Bill Parcell's era...
Old 09-16-2003, 12:07 AM   #31
jayC
Diamond Member

Cundiff was great a clutch 52 yard field goal and then the clincher a 25 yard chip shot. What a turnaround for him. Hoffman new this guy had talent no one else really did.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:08 AM   #32
Simon2
Diamond Member

LOL! He's the worst!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:23 AM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Billy Cundiff just kicked his way into history... 7 field goals, and the first win of the Bill Parcell's era...
Did he tie the NFL record?

Old 09-16-2003, 12:25 AM   #34
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he tied 3 other kickers (one of them being Chris Boniol - remember him?)

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:58 AM   #35
QCarFan
Golden Member

ill take my crow and eat up, atleast its only one helping and quincy didnt make me eat any. alot of crow isnt to good for a guy
Old 09-16-2003, 08:12 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm glad that i held off any judgements on cundiff..
at least i'm glad after last night
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:38 AM   #37
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

The humor is all the media guys (Randy Galloway) bitching about Parcell's not firing Cundiff after week 1 because that is what they thought Parcell's would come in and do. Now Parcell's looks like a friggin' genius.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #38
Drbio
Banned

The new local hero for a day.....

Cundiff getting love from his 'Boys....

Hey Giants....who's your daddy?
Old 09-16-2003, 10:56 AM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

he showed a better leg last night kicking on a wet surface in the rain than he did at any time during last years season
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:19 PM   #40
QCarFan
Golden Member

That's a great picture of him right there drbio, the bottom one is pretty damn good. Way to go Cundiff, keep it up.