Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-11-2003, 09:31 PM   #41
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
But, I'll respectfully disagree that WW did a better job on TD than Najera.
Murph, he's right. Walt Williams guarded David Robinson a lot more than anybody else in the playoffs. It was Raef/Bradley/Najera that guarded Duncan. They all did horrible jobs. But i agree with Murph for his overall opinion on Najera.

Najera is not that important. If you'd ask me out of all F/C which was the least important, i'd say Najera. His role is going to become even less important this season b/c he's the third string at both PF and C, and is probably 4th string at SF.

Had Najera been a free agent this offseason, he'd be in the same situation as Raja Bell is in now.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2003, 09:36 PM   #42
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

Why all the names? Okay, so he is the focal point of our team because he is the starting quarterback. And you have stated publicly you do not like him. Why all the ridiculous names? I mean, I guess some might have thought it was funny the first time you read it, but now it just seems to me at least that you are continuing the name calling for one purpose, to get under the skin of FFM.
Times like these makes me glad i'm a Texans fan.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 09:38 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

David Carr for MVP!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:05 PM   #44
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I think Murph made one point and then argued another.

1. I don't think Najera is that valuable...he is right in his ascertation...but
2. He is much better at his job than Quincy Carter is at his...

Old 09-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #45
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

i dont even know why we're talking about hutch in this thread.

hes the freakin 3rd string qb for a terrible football team. he cant beat out an undrafted rookie free agent qb (Romo) for the backup spot. Hutch is running the scout team for a reason. Because he is a pure scrub.

make no mistake about it, hutch's career here in dallas is over. he's deader than fried chicken.

i've probably been the president of the quincy carter patience club. if he doesnt show anything and he gets the majority of the starts this year, i'll be on board with going in a different direction. but truthfully, i think all he needs is some good coaching and a man who will consistently have a foot up his ass to keep him motivated and to work hard.

he has the physical talents. he now needs someone to translate those talents into tangible goods in terms of production on the field. like i've said before, if he plays consistently scrubbish for 4-5 games feel free to bash away. but being on his case after 1 game is a bit extreme when he's on his 4th offensive system in 4 years.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:03 AM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think he has the physical talents.
can you teach a guy to throw the ball well consistently? If so, ever half way intelligent guy with a good arm would be in the NFL

i don't know if he can physically be an accurate enough of a thrower to play at the NFL level
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:50 PM   #47
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: drumroll please....a topic that is so explosive that you probably shouldn't read if you are weak at heart.......

I agree with EVERYTHING aexchange said, exactly everything.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

is that a good or bad thing? if i were aexchange, I'd be insulted to have you agree with everything that he just said.
and if i were aexchange, it'd definitely make me rethink my stance
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote