Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-08-2003, 12:46 AM   #1
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default Trade Antoine Walker

I guess i will start off this new section of the board by starting this thread.

I think antoine is killing the chemistry of this team, and he is taking away a few shots (though not a lot) from dirk, but mainly from Fin. Also, his presence is killing antawn jamison's role on this team, which i think could be special. that's it for now.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2003, 12:58 AM   #2
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Trade Antoine Walker

I agree 100% I feel he is slowing the Mavs down.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 01:44 AM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Trade Antoine Walker

This might be a kneejerk reaction, but screw that, I agree 100%.

He´s hurting the chemistry, he´s hurting Nash´s play, he slows the team down, he´s allready trying to take over the team (as it´s third or fourth best player).

Get him out.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 01:49 AM   #4
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I'm in agreement with all of you. I didn't like the trade when it happened and I still don't like it.

Walker isn't the right fit with Nellie IMO. He allows Nellie to play Dirk at C which is going to be the Mavs downfall.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:04 AM   #5
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He allows Nellie to play Dirk at C which is going to be the Mavs downfall.
I forgot to mention that one. This is probably the most important reason why I want Walker gone. Dirk at center wont work. Never has, never will.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:09 AM   #6
Fah Q
Golden Member

Now we know some people want Walker out of here but what could we honestly get for him? I wouldn't mind landing an OK player and a mid round 1st rd draft choice.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:15 AM   #7
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I am in agreement with most of this thread. When I first heard about the trade that got us Walker I literally fell to the floor I was so shocked. I didn't think he would fit in with our team then, and I don't think he will fit in now. Although statistically he has been the 2nd best Mav, I think that he is killing the team overall. As to Fah Q's above post. I would love to trade Walker for an OK player and a first round pick, assuming that we are trading him to a lottery team. If we have a chance to draft (just throwing out names, since the college season hasn't started) Emeka Okafor or perhaps the Russian Giant Pavel Podkolzine, I would love it.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 04:34 AM   #8
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Trade Antoine Walker

Mavs just aren't that fun to watch now. I hate cheering for a guy I dislike.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 05:43 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Knee Jerk, Knee Jerk. Come on know we had a huge roster shake up it might take a while for us to play championship basketball. That being said for the right trade Id trade him.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 05:53 PM   #10
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, I guess I'm the only one that is impressed with this guy. Our team will be a lot better with this guy on it, just give it some time. No one is playing well and it's causing us to put blame on someone. My motto is,"If all else fails, blame Shawn Bradley"
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:13 PM   #11
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Wow, I guess I'm the only one that is impressed with this guy. Our team will be a lot better with this guy on it, just give it some time. No one is playing well and it's causing us to put blame on someone. My motto is,"If all else fails, blame Shawn Bradley"
Atleast Bradley didn't have 9 To's the other day.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:15 PM   #12
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Knee Jerk, Knee Jerk. Come on know we had a huge roster shake up it might take a while for us to play championship basketball. That being said for the right trade Id trade him.
For the right trade I'd trade anyone on the team.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote