Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-28-2002, 11:49 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

4 and under - poor knowledge of sports. unsalvageable.

5 - decent knowledge of sports. should read murph's posts again to increase their sports knowledge.

6 - good knowledge of sports. occasionally have an opinion that causes murph to consider.

8 - very good knowledge of sports. they are worth arguing with but since they rarely disagree with murph (because they DO have a very good knowledge of sports) there is only rare situations where there is disagreement.

9 - outstanding knowledge of sports. almost murph-like in knowledge.

10 - murph

Chef Ed: 1
Yes, he is deserving of a #1 ranking. It’s just too bad that 1 is the lowest you can score on a 1-10 scale. Another one of the annoying guys that talk about who they know without ever showing that they know anything

RCF: (-1)
I felt that (-2) was too harsh. See Chef Ed

David: 6
He gets a 6 only because he is a new poster and the jury is still out a bit. Has shown the ability to come up with original ideas that are intelligent. He has a promising future ahead of him although I do fear that he suffers from “good ol’ day syndrome”

Big Boy Laroux: 7
Does anyone on this board like me less? I would definitely hope not. In between his Murphy hating and Murphy bashing, he does come up with solid basketball ideas.

DJBacklash: 9
He is a quality poster and the mind behind the dallas-mavs.com madness. He isn’t too confrontational and doesn’t throw out the jaw dropping statistic. Actually, his home seems to be in the “Lounge” more often than not. He knows enough basketball to hold his
own in any debate though. No one gets Mavs articles to the board faster than DJ

TheCrippler: 8
He’s confrontational and abrasive. However, he knows his basketball. He knows the Mavericks and his is in tune with the rest of the NBA. However, job requirements have kept him out of some of the best debates. Will he forever be an underachiever on this board or will he step it up for the home stretch of this NBA season.

MFFL: 8
Definitely suffers from “Good old days syndrome”. However, with his advanced age, it is understandable. Only a handful of guys on this board can claim to know the sport as well as MFFL. However, he does tend to go with his heart instead of his head at times in
some of his arguments.

MavsFanFinley: 5
A Finley fan first, and a Mavs fan second. Takes exception to the stating of the inevitable but is finally seeing the writing on the wall. If anyone likes me less than Bag Boy Laroux, it is her.

Mavinator & EvilMav2: 7
Are they the same guy or what? Both of them know basketball without a doubt. However, their weird obsessions with Bradley automatically lowers their scores.

TheKid: 7
We’ve had alot of good debates. Unfortunately for TheKid, I have been the one that was right on the vast majority of them. Hell, maybe even all of them. TheKid has proven, over time, to be a guy that can throw out the HSO. Although he is sometimes guilty of thinking with his heart instead of his head as well. He was way behind the curve when it
came to acknowledging that Dirk was the best player on the team. He is definitely a master debater.

DallMav: 6
I don’t remember who the hell he is half of the time and then I remember...He’s definitely one of the guys that WAS NOT pro Bradley in the great Bradley debates over the past year or so. Unfortunately, his posts are few and far in between at times so I can’t give him
too good of a rating

FineCubanCigar: 8
Scathing sports opinions and a tremendous amount of dislike for Murphy. When he talks, he has something to say. Yes, sparks are likely to fly when they are directed at or different from Murphy or TheKid’s opinions he does do a decent job of avoiding making
comments without any type of rationale.

MadApe: 7
A loose wire. He is good when he’s posting regularly. He’s also probably the first guy on this board to tell about what kind of impact Calvin Booth would have on the Mavs team last year.

Hoopsmeister: 8
Without a doubt, he is one of the top posters on this board. Hoopsmeister is part of what makes this the best Mavs board around. He was ahead of the curve on the Dirk and Finley debates. Also, an early proponent of how important Steve Nash was/is to the team

Flying Tiger: 6
Hasn’t been around enough. This probably has something to do with the butt whipping he took last year in the Dirk/Finley debates. Eating humble pie can be a very bitter experience I have heard. Fortunately, I have never been on the receiving end.

Reeds: 5
He actually has some original thoughts. However, he gets a 5 based upon one thing: He was the originator of “I know this guy” or “I played the game”. There is no bigger way to alienate yourself on a board than to pull that.

Fidel: 6.5
Hey, he’s foreign. Allows heart to take over at times instead of using his head. Fortunately, his heart was/is correct most of the time.

RobWR: 7
He’s country and he knows his Mavs. Although he’s taking the “moderator” thing a bit too seriously..allowing it to go to his head, he is still a quality poster. His sports opinions
aren’t scathing enough and his statistical backing isn’t always behind his opinions

BlondeBomber: 6
Too early to tell. He’s another one of those guys that hasn’t posted much. I don’t know who he is or what his opinions are, but he knows who the best player on the team is. This is temporarily worth a 6. Personally, I think he’s a reincarnation of Lam0015. He’s only
being tame right now until RCF dies down and then he’ll unleash his fury.

Murphy: 10
No one knows more about the Mavs or sports in general on the board. His predictions are almost always very close to being correct. His seasonal statistical predictions for the Mavs have been amazingly close so far this year. He was ahead of the curve with Adrian Griffin and also the first to see the downfall of Howard’s game this year (which is showing some promise of picking up). Definitely the top debater on the board.

Scooterj5: 7
He is definitely a quality poster with HSO’s. His David Stern business school postactually showed a bit of humor as well. However, he’s another guy that doesn’t throw in enough stats and doesn’t always post on a regular enough basis

more to come

bayliss: 6
horrible name. I can't think of a worse name to use as a screen name. This is an automatic deduction of a point from your grade. However, I have actually enjoyed some of your thoughts and you do see the light when it comes to the Dallas Mavs future. In order to be taken seriously, you must change your screen name though

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2002, 12:03 AM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Murph.... give me a rating.... just take into consideration my strength of schedule, okay? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My record may be 10-2 but the two losses were to title contenders.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 12:09 AM   #3
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Pretty good assessments... I would have ranked Big Boy Laroux, MavsFanFinley, Mavinator, Evilmav2, FineCubanCigar, madape, and Fidel a little higher, and probably RCF, reeds, and Murphy3 a little lower. Rob is the hard one to rank- almost always right in his opinions, but with this weird, constant bias against our best center. Same goes for FineCubanCigar. I think you're right about Blonde Bomber being LAM0015- their writing styles are eerily similar.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:18 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

bayliss, did you find your rating?
Old 01-29-2002, 12:20 AM   #5
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well I may be way off but I think Blondebomber came from MavTalk... where there was a blondebomber that used to post there quite often.

Seen a lot of former (or current) MavTalk people here. One I'd like to see come to this board is harkm..... but anyways.

Edited to add.... did not see the rating. Can't change the name. Been with me for 4 years. And about 10 different message boards (ranging from sports boards to horror boards).
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 04:59 AM   #6
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<<
Seen a lot of former (or current) MavTalk people here.
>>

Maybe the people aren't the people aren't the only things taken from Mavtalk...

Your summary looks good Murph, I hope I might get a rating next time!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:07 AM   #7
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< I would have ranked Big Boy Laroux, MavsFanFinley, Mavinator, Evilmav2, FineCubanCigar, madape, and Fidel a little higher >>

Hey thanks Mavinator, you my man.
I would have rated you a little higher also, and if it was for your fine sense of humor alone.
Anyways I can live with my rating. If this was a german board it would make things much easier for me obviously. Sometimes I have a hard time saying what I want to say in english. It´s nice that people like you Murphy and Mavinator nevertheless seem to appreciate my contributions to this board.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 10:13 AM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Murph, I didn't think this was possible, but you actually put a smile on my face reading this post.....

1. Your arrogance is UNCANNY, but it's what makes MURPH, MURPH.... (Or should we start calling you Smurph [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

2. I probably would have given Flying Tiger, Mavs Fan Finley, Fidel and Mavinator a little higher grades also. All of these people know their sports and anyone who has a DIRECT OPINION and doesn't seem to be all over the board is alright with me.

3. While I HATE to say this. (And I mean I HATE to say this) I would probably have rated you rather high. Not a 10 but probably an 8 or so... You do have valid points and always back them up and YOU TOO are ready to battle with anyone. However I would have had to dock you points for always taking jabs at my man Fin.. That's ok though, I wouldn't want you to be any different that's for sure.....
Old 01-29-2002, 10:29 AM   #9
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I think that was a pretty good assesment..
Though the RCF comment was pretty funny.
I've been putting a lot of hours at the office (poor excuse huh)so I haven't been able to chime in on some of the hot topic debates, but
looking forward to very soon..

L8R
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:16 AM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

gimme a rating smurph (well, at least THIS was worth having RCF over here ... smurph rocks!)
Old 01-29-2002, 12:58 PM   #11
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

Good to see you I draw that much attn from you guys, that just goes to show what this board is without me. Thanks guys, I really do appreciate it. It's good to see my name in most of you guys posts, everyone of you guys know I am the motor that makes this board go.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 02:27 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Sure man. BTW, your grammar and spelling has improved immensely, which is much appreciated.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 02:34 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

weird, cause this board seemed to be just fine more than a week or so ago, before the &quot;motor&quot; showed up.

hey thanks, mavinator. nice to see i'm respected. to tell the truth, i enjoy posting here. there's a good core group of posters, and it seems like we're getting new quality ones every day (with a few bad apples, of course). i also think pretty much everyone here has a good sense of humor. i would hate to read boring posts time after time. evilmav, mavinator, and madape make me laugh on a consistent basis. oh, and i'm funny, too, of course.

and murph is indeed arrogant, but yeah, that's what makes him murph. and hate is such a strong word, murph. i don't hate you, you're just an ass. but i think you know that.

anyway, i think this is murph's way of telling him he loves us, that he would take the time to do all this. thanks, murph!
Old 01-29-2002, 05:22 PM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Murph...you've got to have the best memory of anyone. My position on the Dirk/Finley debates has swayed a bit, but I didn't get my butt whipped. At the time Finley had a slight edge.
And I can't be around too much because off school...I'm only 16 remember. And basketball is my second favorite sport. My football knowledge is much more extensive.
Plus ya'll have been posting so much that all the words make my head hurt.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:11 AM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< RCF: (-1)
I felt that (-2) was too harsh. See Chef Ed
>>

I think -1 is WAAAYYY too high.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:28 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

seleen
you should have been rated..you were actually next in line..
however, i was seriously suffering from tired head and was unable to continue at the time of the post..
an assessment of you

brings an interesting point of view and an interesting name from an interesting place.
Could have a significant impact on the board if post volume rise slightly over the remainder of the season

and you're right BBL
I am arrogant and i know it.
I also know that there is a core group of guys and girl that carried this board through a bit of a slow time..and now, this board is really starting to take off.
Hell, I'll admit..I had to piss in some of your milk to get some people motivated to post..but that's what i'm here for..keep things interesting.. throw out accurate opinions and accurate predictions... and to occasionally piss people off.

and you're right..this board is having an influx of talented posters.. and it's actually getting exciting..exciting to share in our enthusiasm with the mavs.
there's really not many fair weathered fans here....some knee jerkers but not many fair weathered fans

fidel..
we're definitely glad to have you on the board..
keep up the good work. You're getting better by the day at relaying your opinions. You should be proud of yourself. You can communicate in &quot;our&quot; language..but few of us can do the same.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:11 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

i might have to bump me up to an 11
Old 02-01-2002, 10:13 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

murph, you crack me up time and again, dude.

best non-sports thread i can remember..
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 10:20 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

enjoy it while you can...
Old 03-29-2002, 01:20 AM   #20
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I found the thread. Ignore the RCF comments and it is some good stuff.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:22 AM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Good find MFFL.

Personally, I think Murph rated me a little too low. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2002, 01:32 AM   #22
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

I knew I found this board for a reason. Murph you are awesome!
Old 03-29-2002, 01:33 AM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

haha.. you were going through a murph hater stage at the time.. and it hurt my feeling

so i had to give you a big, fat 5
Old 03-29-2002, 01:43 AM   #24
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< haha.. you were going through a murph hater stage at the time.. and it hurt my feeling

so i had to give you a big, fat 5
>>

I think it's time for you to re-evaluate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2002, 01:45 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

can i give a near end of season review with the knowledge that i will not end up suspended from the board?
it would be similar to the one i did initially..but the mods have also tightened the screws..

anyways.. start a list of who you two want evaluated and i'll get on it probably..next monday..that'll give you a few days to get a list together
Old 03-29-2002, 01:50 AM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

feel free to add in those of us who joined in the last few months.

Extra Credit: Murph a ten? No 11's or what?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 01:51 AM   #27
MavsFanFinley
Guru

LOL, I meant me. It's time you re-evaluate me. I think that 5 is pitiful.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:59 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

I would be interested in a longer list MFF. I mean you could headline it and all though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2002, 02:32 AM   #29
MFFL
Guru

<< LOL, I meant me. It's time you re-evaluate me. I think that 5 is pitiful. >>

Pitifully high or low? Remember the higher you rate, the more you think like murph.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:34 AM   #30
Drbio
Banned

And the gloves come off....
Old 03-29-2002, 02:48 AM   #31
MFFL
Guru

I was wearing boxing gloves? Damn - no wonder I was typing so slow!
Old 03-29-2002, 10:36 AM   #32
Drbio
Banned

ahahaa
Old 03-29-2002, 12:03 PM   #33
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

OK Murph, you have to score me now. I would be very interested in hearing this. lol

BLG
Old 03-29-2002, 12:07 PM   #34
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Score me too.

I just looked at my profile. 3 of you losers have rated me. I got 2 fives and a three. Who gave me a three? You people have no appreciation for what I bring to the table.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:08 PM   #35
nekked

nekked is on a distinguished road

yeah, us newbies want to know if..

damn, how dare my boss come in and give me work...can't he see i'm busy.

what was i saying...

oh yeah, us newbies want to new if we're throwing out fresh ideas, or just the same crap that's been tossed around over and over.

Old 03-29-2002, 02:09 PM   #36
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I think I deserved alittle higher too, Murph, considering everything I've done for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 02:16 PM   #37
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

*EDIT* hahahha smurphy
Old 03-29-2002, 02:16 PM   #38
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

hey Dooby, got an idea to bring your score way up......start bringing Dooby's!

BLG
Old 03-29-2002, 03:34 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

rob...you're only one of the 3 mods that are against me...dj and mff being the other two
Old 03-29-2002, 03:43 PM   #40
MavsFanFinley
Guru

<< Pitifully high or low? Remember the higher you rate, the more you think like murph. >>

*grooooooooans*

Nothing like a bucket of ice water in your face first thing in the morning MFFL. Thanks for dropping me back to reality...

...thinking like Murph. OUCH! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]