Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Miami vs the Cavs

Did anyone watch this game? This was one of the best games i have seen in a while. Wow Lebron james is a beast. So is D wade but lebron is just so awesome. If the cavs could shoot he would have had a 40 20 10 game. 47-12-10 isnt half bad though. I love watching two young superstars go at each other the way they did in this game. I know lebron has been knocked as not being particularly clutch but he is kind of like dirk in that he is awesome the whole 4th(when the game is usually decided) as opposed to just the last few seconds. Anyone that didnt watch it should download the torrent. Just a great game to watch for anyone that loves basketball.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to get a vibe that says if Dirk doesn't win the MVP it will be because Lebron did.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm starting to get a vibe that says if Dirk doesn't win the MVP it will be because Lebron did.
I'm still thinking billups.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #4
blahblehblah

blahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the rough

That was a GREAT GAME! The 4th quarter made it Great and by itself (the 4th) was one of the greatest display I've seen in the nba all year. I mean in the 4th Both Lebron and Wade were beyond outstanding, each practically scoring for their team right after the other does. Lets just take note of this stat; 4th quarter scoring , Lebron 18 Wade 21. I mean its rare for one guy to score that much for his team in the 4th quarter! And its not like they were meaningless buckets, the game was close throughtout the 4th and within 4 or tied from the 6 minute makr to the 30 sec mark! Everytime one hit a clutch shot the other would answer... un believable display by two players

The odd thing is, even though Leborn had better numbers by a good margin, 44 points 10 assist 12 rebound on 16-25 shooting.... Wade was more impressive to me. I mean that entire quarter, the way he took it to the rim and scored over James, Ilgaskus, Verajao... whoever was simply amazing. It was basically all up to him as the rest of the Heat couldnt do anything right. Perhaps what made it even more suprising and great was the fact that I had seen Wade do this in the 4th quarter twice already this year.
blahblehblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Wade was impressive but not moreso than lebron. Bron seemed to pass a little more than wade in the 4th which he would have had 15 assists if they could shoot but he was just awesome. IMO the biggest difference between the two on the perimeter is that james can shoot and wade cant. Why anyone would ever not go under a screen against wade is just beyond me. Woodson is an idiot for continually telling lebron to go over. What a game though. I think lebron may very well win the mvp and i would vote him second right now but if he wins i wont be nearly as pissed as i would be if nash won. Good to see 2 young superstars go at it like that though.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Wade was impressive but not moreso than lebron. Bron seemed to pass a little more than wade in the 4th which he would have had 15 assists if they could shoot but he was just awesome. IMO the biggest difference between the two on the perimeter is that james can shoot and wade cant. Why anyone would ever not go under a screen against wade is just beyond me. Woodson is an idiot for continually telling lebron to go over. What a game though. I think lebron may very well win the mvp and i would vote him second right now but if he wins i wont be nearly as pissed as i would be if nash won. Good to see 2 young superstars go at it like that though.
Bron was other-worldly - I remember Legler and the other guy were making a comment about how defenses, night-in, night-out are designed specifically to keep players like LeBron from going to the hoop and just as they are saying that, Bron takes two dribbles from the 3pt line, loses Derek Anderson (his man defender) AND Shandon Anderson (the perimeter help) and takes it past Haslem in the paint for an easy lay-up and 1. The two guys went nuts - "Did You See That???" etc. etc.

If Marshall and Jones could find their freakin' shots, LeBron could very well have gotten 15 or 20 assists last night - Donyell's been throwing up nothing but bricks his entire tenure in Cleveland and Jones has been a shadow of his former self which just plain isn't fair because he's getting pretty much the same open looks Shaq got. It's really a shame - I wonder what kind of gaudy figures Redd and James would be putting up if they were playing on the same team. Or if LeBron had a legit PG instead of Eric Snow (or Damon Jones) on the floor. I wonder what kind of wear all these responsibilities has on LeBron - 40+ min. a night, initiating the offense, defending the opposing team's #1 or #2 perimeter player (in yesterday's case, Wade). Bron was on the bench during the time-outs with an icebag on his head...poor guy was absolutely dying.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-02-2006 at 11:35 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

The league has never seen anyone as talented as lebron. The thing is it doesnt appear to be taking a toll. I was one of the people who said dwight howard might be the guy you would take if you were building around but i admit now i was an idiot. I love dwight and he will be awesome but barring injury lebron james will retire as the best player to ever play in the nba.