Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Rocky VI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0biU_lZE0...Rocky%20Balboa

My oh my. Be prepared.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

NOOOOOOOO.

LOL
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how it will end?

I didn't know they had Rocky 4 and 5....... ??????
Old 07-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
My guess is that Rocky just dies after winning the match.

Rocky 4 was one of my favorites!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:

I didn't know they had Rocky 4 and 5....... ??????
Come on U2, Rocky 4?? The freakin Russian!! I am disappointed.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
Come on U2, Rocky 4?? The freakin Russian!! I am disappointed.
That's right.... the russian dude. Okay, sorry. I don't think I saw a fifth one though. If I did, I don't remember it.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Somehow that music always gets me going. The "ding" in the background of the musical score is the pumps of all pumps. I hated Rocky 5 with a passion but this one looks promising.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's right.... the russian dude. Okay, sorry. I don't think I saw a fifth one though. If I did, I don't remember it.
I would keep it that way.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #9
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Is the fifth one about him training a protege only to fight him on the streets in the end?

Last edited by TripleDipping; 07-14-2006 at 03:58 PM.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #10
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
Is the fifth one about him training a protege only to fight him on the streets in the end?
Yep.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Feel good movie for the X'mas... heck I'll watch it.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #12
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Feel good movie for the X'mas... heck I'll watch it.
Are you serious? You would have to drug me, beat me, and drag me bleeding to the theater to watch that! Sorry for the visual, but I thought the preview looks terrrrrrible. Just my opinion.. : )
Old 07-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #13
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Count me in to watch it.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Tommy Gunn," played by the late Tommy "The Duke" Morrison. He never amounted to much as a real fighter, then got AIDS so nobody would fight him. Then died.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:18 PM   #15
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
"Tommy Gunn," played by the late Tommy "The Duke" Morrison. He never amounted to much as a real fighter, then got AIDS so nobody would fight him. Then died.
I think Morrison's still alive.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:23 PM   #16
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He is.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Color me interested!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #18
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

...and on a similar note...
Old 07-15-2006, 12:43 AM   #19
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
Somehow that music always gets me going. The "ding" in the background of the musical score is the pumps of all pumps. I hated Rocky 5 with a passion but this one looks promising.

The series as a whole was great, but the after the 1st two, they were reaching.

I can see Christmas Day. I'm going to leave my aunt's annual christmas eve party at midnight, go home open gifts and/or watch a movie, go to sleep, catch a 9 o'clock show, then go back to sleep.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 07-15-2006, 08:24 AM   #20
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
my bad, you're right. looks like it was just his career--both acting and boxing--that died. could have sworn i heard about him dying in recent years.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
He is.
self edited

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-15-2006 at 09:43 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

oh my...that looks sooooo bad.

I'll let yall let me know how it goes

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:22 AM   #23
Nash13
Diamond Member

Caught an early showing.

This was a good movie. I was surprised by how well acted it was. Sly was good. He has two really good speeches (one to his son, and one to the boxing commission). Milo from Heroes was good as his son, Tarver was pretty good. The problems i had was it didn't seem right without Adrian, and they didn't give enough time to Paulie. I liked it better than the last 2.

~The Salesman
Old 12-21-2006, 12:36 AM   #24
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I heard next they're going to make Rocky VII: Rocky vs Predator
Old 12-21-2006, 12:41 AM   #25
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

Saw it today as well. Decent. I was really wondering about what type of storyline they would try to create with this one, and it was pretty good. Got a few tears from girls around me lol. Paulie did create some comic relief, wish he was included more. And I thought the person he meets up with(dont wanna spoil it, but if you have seen the rocky movies, you will know that they do actually meet) that he ends up recognizing from his past was cheezy. Didnt really enjoy the transition of the boxing sequence, which was the main reason y I went to see it.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:25 AM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I was bracing for the worst........ and was very pleasantly surprised. Not bad at all. One of the few movies I didn't sleep through lately (I caught up to my sleep during Pick of Destiny).
Old 12-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's getting pretty good reviews so far.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #28
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a Rocky movie, so expect it to be just that. Nothing more, nothing less. I will tell you this: great timing on this release. The midnight showing was sold out (not the first midnight either, the 2nd one). And this was on a Thursday. Quite an accomplishment if you ask me.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

if he runs up the stairs, and beats on some meat ( ) and doesn't want to fight at first, but then changes his mind.... it's nothing but a tired old bit IMO
Old 12-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
if he runs up the stairs, and beats on some meat ( ) and doesn't want to fight at first, but then changes his mind.... it's nothing but a tired old bit IMO
You must be on the screenplay writing team......
Old 12-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
You must be on the screenplay writing team......
Yeah, they told me "Flaco, the grammy is already in the bag!" and I said "aren't grammys' for music?" and they said "dont worry about it"
Old 12-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad movie at all. It's hard to say for sure, but I don't think the good reviews are just a function of low expectations. Sure, it's a rocky movie, so you know what to expect, but it is better than most rocky movies. The movie looks good, and is fairly well acted, and for a rocky movie, is plausible.
I'm guessing he wrote it while making "the contender." He should've given his friend Sugar Ray a bit part.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. I've watched it 3-4 times.. still a solid movie.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Why did I just get rep for something I posted FOUR YEARS AGO?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #35
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why did I just get rep for something I posted FOUR YEARS AGO?
Because the statute of limitations never runs out on greatness.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote