Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #81
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Bill Cowher?
I agree!!!!!!! But what do you do with Garrett? I think Ray Lewis said it best about a Garrett lead offense..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #82
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Bill Cowher?
I doubt he'd want to be under Jerry Jones.

I'd settle for Marty though.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-20-2008 at 11:46 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #83
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been this disappointed in a Dallas professional sports team since last night.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #84
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I haven't been this disappointed in a Dallas professional sports team since last night.
LMAO....
Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Ken Hamlin....really?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #86
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Ken Hamlin....really?
He missed the key tackle in both those 70+ yard runs. If I was a Cowboys fan, I would have him on a stake.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know who to be mad at.

Romo was horrendous in the first three quarters. Horrendous. He missed two throws for touchdowns that would have put this game out of reach.

But, Romo put together two touchdown drives against that fantastic defense when the chips were in the middle, and the defense choked in the most epic of ways.

There were fumbles on the ground that would have sealed the game. There was the fake FG. There was the penalties on third down. Uggg.

Props to Witten for playing his heart out while clearly very, very injured.

A month and a half until pitchers and catchers report. Kill me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #88
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
He missed the key tackle in both those 70+ yard runs. If I was a Cowboys fan, I would have him on a stake.
The game was already basically over when Hamlin wiffed that tackle on the second run. As soon as he passed the first down marker the game was essentially over even if he doesn't score.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #89
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Ken Hamlin....really?
Not only those two missed tackles, but he missed picking up that fumble that was a sure TD as well..
Old 12-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #90
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Add Romo to the long and hard list as well...
I'm pissed, but I'm not stupid. QB's don't grow on trees.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #91
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Not only those two missed tackles, but he missed picking up that fumble that was a sure TD as well..
Yeah, forgot about that. I'm not the one who usually pins a loss on one player, but if I had to, it was definitely Hamlin.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #92
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The game was already basically over when Hamlin wiffed that tackle on the second run. As soon as he passed the first down marker the game was essentially over even if he doesn't score.
You're right. The Spencer missed tackle was the big play there.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #93
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I don't even know who to be mad at.

Romo was horrendous in the first three quarters. Horrendous. He missed two throws for touchdowns that would have put this game out of reach.

But, Romo put together two touchdown drives against that fantastic defense when the chips were in the middle, and the defense choked in the most epic of ways.

There were fumbles on the ground that would have sealed the game. There was the fake FG. There was the penalties on third down. Uggg.

Props to Witten for playing his heart out while clearly very, very injured.

A month and a half until pitchers and catchers report. Kill me.
Well, one of the deep balls might have been catchable if TO wouldn't have lost it in the lights.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #94
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Wade Phillips
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #95
Silk Smoov
Banned

The Cowboys should have had 14 more pts on offense if Romo hits T.O. and Austin on the wide open routes that were sure TD's...
Old 12-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #96
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
RIP Wade Phillips
Wade Phillips defense kept Dallas in the game. Garrett and missed tackles took them out of it. It will be interesting to see what Jerry will do if the Cowboys miss the playoffs.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

Why hit TO on the deep throw? So TO would be more embarrassed that he had no idea where the ball was? That would have been great.. the ball could have maybe gotten stuck in his facemask... Perhaps if he just would have seen the ball to begin with..maybe he could have made the catch.

Now that's not making an excuse for Romo. He did miss Austin..damn close, but not close enough. He did force two idiotic throws. Romo has got to play better.. Much of the loss is on him
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #98
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
RIP Wade Phillips
could be...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #99
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Ken Hamlin:
6 years 39 million dollars

fail.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 12-21-2008 at 12:06 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #100
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Now that's not making an excuse for Romo. He did miss Austin..damn close, but not close enough. He did force two idiotic throws. Romo has got to play better.. Much of the loss is on him
Idiotoc. What a perfect work. I mean those throws were indefensible. It's sad that the rookie QB showed more poise and intelligence tonight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #101
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Why hit TO on the deep throw? So TO would be more embarrassed that he had no idea where the ball was? That would have been great.. the ball could have maybe gotten stuck in his facemask... Perhaps if he just would have seen the ball to begin with..maybe he could have made the catch.

You still are missing the wide open T.O. throw that was poorly thrown and Ed got his 2nd INT. T.O. was wide as open...
Old 12-21-2008, 12:13 AM   #102
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

t.o. lost one in the lights and clearly gave up on one that if he would have kept running hard he would have had. But that was laughably bad d on the two long runs. Also was hamlin trying to pitch the fumble to henry because he had it rolled over and it damn sure looked to me as if he was trying to get it to henry to run it back.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:17 AM   #103
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt View Post
t.o. lost one in the lights and clearly gave up on one that if he would have kept running hard he would have had. But that was laughably bad d on the two long runs. Also was hamlin trying to pitch the fumble to henry because he had it rolled over and it damn sure looked to me as if he was trying to get it to henry to run it back.
What about the sure TD that T.O. was wide open and Romo just lobbed the ball up for Ed to get it while T.O had his man beat by about 5 yards? Did you see that, or you just stuck on the one T.O. lost it in the lights?
Old 12-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #104
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt View Post
Um, if TO had "kept running" on that first interception he would have run straight into Roy Williams. Sure looked like that was intended for Roy to me. But the fact that you can't tell what receiver he was throwing to shows you how horrible of a throw it was.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-21-2008, 12:20 AM   #105
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

How would you all feel about that, even though I know it's not going to happen because of Garrett, if Marty Schottenheimer was the next coach? He's not a bad coach. Well cept maybe in the playoffs. But that can always change.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-21-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #106
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So Irvin and Emmit are the only two guys too cool to put on their jerseys. Classy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #107
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
How would you all feel about that, even though I know it's not going to happen because of Garrett, if Marty Schottenheimer was the next coach? He's not a bad coach. Well cept maybe in the playoffs. But that can always change.
The next coach for the Cowboys is Bill Cowher...
Old 12-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #108
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Man I hope so. But I seriously doubt it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-21-2008, 12:31 AM   #109
Murphy3
Guru

The team is undisciplined. You have to start at the top.. Jerry needs to make a commitment to someone that actually wants to be here long term that will instill a sense of discipline.. And no, I'm not talking about the Tobacco Road Con Man...

Now, with that being said, some players probably need to be removed before any sort of discipline can be instilled. I've always been a fan of Flozell Adams, but I think his level of play has dropped off this year. It might be time to consider someone else for Left Tackle. Let's not forget that a huge part of why the Cowboys lost this game was because the Offensive Line couldn't figure out who they were supposed to be blocking. Most of the time that Romo was pressured, it wasn't because someone was getting beat.. it was because someone along the line didn't know who they were supposed to be blocking.

And let's not forget.. another huge play was the fumbled pitch from Romo to Choice. Choice had an easy First Down when he fumbled the pitch. Instead, the Cowboys had to settle for a FG. If they could have punched that in for a TD, this game could have been entirely different.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:36 AM   #110
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Hey Cowboy fans, is a Falcons loss tomorrow vs Minnesota enough to put the Cowboys' fate back into their hands for the game against the Eagles?
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #111
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
Hey Cowboy fans, is a Falcons loss tomorrow vs Minnesota enough to put the Cowboys' fate back into their hands for the game against the Eagles?
Yes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #112
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
With Jerry Jones as the owner? I doubt it. I believe Cowher also said that he would not coach a team with TO on it.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #113
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I can dream too and make up random stuff that I wish would happen that never will.

Jerry Jones is going to retire after this season.

There... I did it. It felt kinda good.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-21-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #114
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

At what point do you start to heavily criticize Roy Williams? We gave up a nice sum for him and gave him a huge contract. He's facing single coverage all game every game, and he either can't get open or Tony doesn't feel comfortable with him.

It's hard to imagine letting TO go and moving him to the #1 slot when he's struggling so mightily with TO drawing all that attention.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #115
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:56 AM   #116
Caseman
Golden Member

Anyone hear the post-game interview with Owens? He actually made some inciteful points. It's weird. He can be the biggest dill-hole one week, then sound like a rational teamleader the next.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #117
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Go San Diego
Go Minnesota
Go Washington!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:38 AM   #118
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Go San Diego
Go Minnesota
Go Washington!
Eagles-Skins game doesn't matter now. Either way, Eagles are a half-game behind or ahead of the Cowboys. Comes down to the last game.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #119
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Romo made a good point in the post game when he said that they were able to play coverage AND get pressure because we didn't know who was coming and who wasn't until the 4th quarter.

Darren Woodson was on the Mike Irvin show this week and talk about how he was a little jealous of the way Reed plays safety. Woody was saying that a lot of the time he doesn't have a coverage responsibility, they just let him freestyle. I could see that as he just seemed to roam around pre-snap anticipating where the ball will go. Not breaking news here but he's a player.

Maybe it's because he never had a receiver like Roy Williams but Romo can't throw the end zone fade with touch to save his life.

On the play (I believe it was in the second quarter) when Romo ran and came up short on a 3rd and 2, TO was on the backside in one on one and set his man up with a perfect double move. If Romo could have stayed in the pocket it would have been six.

I was amazed at how many people stayed for the post game ceremony. It was f***ing freezing out there. Jerry seem despondent when he got on the mike. Don't think he expected it to end like this.

The highlight of my night was being a few seats down from my fantasy basketball team's namesake "Pacman's fiance Tish"...stunning woman.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #120
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At what point do you start to heavily criticize Roy Williams? We gave up a nice sum for him and gave him a huge contract. He's facing single coverage all game every game, and he either can't get open or Tony doesn't feel comfortable with him.

It's hard to imagine letting TO go and moving him to the #1 slot when he's struggling so mightily with TO drawing all that attention.
It's not Roy, it's Tony. Roy is running wide open for a significant percentage of the game, and that's with plantar fascitis. I had two buddies at the game tonight who both independently commented that Roy was consistently beating his man.

The guy is a playmaker, just like TO. He has a chance to be as good as TO by the time he hits his prime. I'm really disappointed that he and Tony haven't gotten a rapport yet.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-21-2008 at 02:23 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote