Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Is there room for a potential role player towards the Trade Deadline---or next season

T-Mac?

I would not want him as a starter, but perhaps he could be an interesting role player addition?

Would he accept such a position to be a part of a championship team?

If he would, how does this team look with a Terry, Roddy and T-Mac coming off the bench?

After all, it's looking like Houston is about done with him as they try to collect on injury insurance.

If he would come here on the cheap in an effort to prove himself, would you be willing to take a flyer on him? If he is a negative, he can get the Rodman treatment and be gone days after arriving, if he does well, he could be an interesting player to get the Mavs over the top ala Brett Hull with the Stars?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

How are we getting T-Mac?

Better yet, why do we want him? (I mean, Cuban could pay ME millions of dollars if he wants someone who looks good in a suit...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

There's no way we could rack up enough salary to make a trade work without sending one of better players which doesn't make sense. I'd pass and let Houston keep their problem child.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

No to T-mac, I want this team to get out of the first round.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

So in the off-season, when his contract is up...you wouldn't take a flyer on him...or at least take a look to see what he would be willing to accept?

Who would you rather have off the bench...T-Mac or Tim Thomas? JJB or T-Mac?

I'm not talkin about him as a key starter, but someone who may accept where he is in his career and perhaps be interested enough in winning as a team in the post-season to come in and be a part of a mini 2-3 year dominance run?

I can see where a trade due to salaries would be a bit of a stretch/challenge...but if T-Mac was willing to accept a role-player position with the Mavs and keep the core of the Mavs together, would he be an intriguing addition to the bench rotation?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
So in the off-season, when his contract is up...you wouldn't take a flyer on him...or at least take a look to see what he would be willing to accept?

Who would you rather have off the bench...T-Mac or Tim Thomas? JJB or T-Mac?

I'm not talkin about him as a key starter, but someone who may accept where he is in his career and perhaps be interested enough in winning as a team in the post-season to come in and be a part of a mini 2-3 year dominance run?

I can see where a trade due to salaries would be a bit of a stretch/challenge...but if T-Mac was willing to accept a role-player position with the Mavs and keep the core of the Mavs together, would he be an intriguing addition to the bench rotation?
Why would T-Mac settle for less money to be a bench player in Dallas when he could still earn starter money for a lesser team?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why would T-Mac settle for less money to be a bench player in Dallas when he could still earn starter money for a lesser team?
The thing is, what is in T-Macs sights? More money, or a ring? I'd say a ring, or at the very least, getting out of the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Underdog

Quote:
The thing is, what is in T-Macs sights? More money, or a ring? I'd say a ring, or at the very least, getting out of the first round.
Money is guaranteed, rings aren't...

Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Money is guaranteed, rings aren't...
I know, but the man is a millionaire. I think he's financially set. He seems really depressed about not going anywhere in the playoffs. On this team, getting out of the first round is guarenteed.

Anyway... If we can atleast turn Carroll, maybe JJB, Singleton, and/or Williams into a good role player, I'm all for that. Doesn't have to be T-Mac. Could be a guy like Bell or something of that sort.

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If this is the TRADE?

Congratulations on a successful trade.

Trade ID #5292399

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -13.7 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and -0.7 apg.
Incoming Players
Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
No games yet played in 2009-2010
Outgoing Players
Shawne Williams
6-9 PF from Memphis
Matt Carroll
6-6 SG from Notre Dame
1.0 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.2 minutes
Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest
12.7 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.4 minutes

Houston Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +13.7 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and +0.7 apg.
Incoming Players
Shawne Williams
6-9 PF from Memphis
Matt Carroll
6-6 SG from Notre Dame
1.0 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.2 minutes
Josh Howard
6-7 SF from Wake Forest
12.7 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.4 minutes
Outgoing Players
Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)

Done, no questions asked, and he is the starting SG.

Kidd, TMac, Marion, Dirk, Damp
with Jet,JJB, RoddyB, Ross, Gooden, Hump, and TThomas on the bench.

I'd take my chances for the title this year. TMac can get his shot, so all the pressure isn't always on Dirk, plus he possibly could be the best Robin ever. He just needs to go to a team where he is not Batman all the time.

Offer TMac a Kidd-like contract in the off-season to resign. Use the Dust chip on something big like CBosh, Camby, Kaman, etc.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I'd say Yao Ming is a pretty good "Batman" by using your example, and they didn't do crap. You can say "Yao's always injured" but to me seeing the Rockets get out of the First Round when T-MAC was injured tells me something. I think there's some sort of negative vibe going on with the guy. I don't think he's a winner, and I believe he would be a net negative (no pun intended with the word net)...for this team.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-20-2009 at 03:11 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The only way I'd be interested in T-Mac is as a free agent pick up this off season. I wouldn' trade away any talent for him. How long has it been since he last played?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I wouldnt trade Josh for him.. Id be interested in him in the off season, but nothing more than MLE, and I think he can get more than that still if he gets some healthy playing time in this season.

Last edited by Robillion; 11-20-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I'd say Yao Ming is a pretty good "Batman" by using your example, and they didn't do crap. You can say "Yao's always injured" but to me seeing the Rockets get out of the First Round when T-MAC was injured tells me something. I think there's some sort of negative vibe going on with the guy. I don't think he's a winner, and I believe he would be a net negative (no pun intended with the word net)...for this team.
I don't agree at all. The offense with JVG was centered around TMac and him being Batman, Yao was Robin. When Adelman came in an started his offense that allowed TMac to play off the ball, either him or Yao have been injured ever since then.

TMac, IMO, is better than Vince Carter. Both can be dominant, but neither has the Jordan competitiveness to never lose. Both are the closest in ability I have seen to MJ.

I think a new start for TMac on a "team" oriented group could be just the ticket. Get him to play defense, and I know it would be sweet.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #15
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

At this point in their respective careers....

Vince Carter>>>>>T-Mac. And it isn't even that close.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter