Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Fools Gold...

Another year, I get suckered into believing...finally getting a bit over the fix of 2006...then this.

What is this 10 years of 50 wins with nothing to show for it, except to be the only team with 10 straight 50 win seasons and no titles...

This team is freakin fools gold and regardless of admitting or not, we all get suckered in.

WTF is the Smurf doing with so much time on the court, while Frenchy sits and rots? What does Carlisle have something against the French?

By the way, as much as I want to be all Texan...I think I finally get why it's okay to Hate the Spurs!!!

Yes, I'm sick of what this team is showing us...looks like it's time to scrap this thing and REBUILD!!! Time to let Dirk go somewhere else to win a title!!! Or Risk being another Karl Malone/Utah Jazz legacy player with NO Titles.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Agreed, the Mavs cannot win it all without Roddy....

Let Dirk move on... He's given it all.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I just love people jumping off the cliff before the series is over. All the Mavs need is a one win to gain momentum. Game 6 is the big worry IMHO...but if this goes 7, then a lot of posters on this board are going to look pretty dumb.

If the Mavs go out next game, jump away....until then...shut up please.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I just love people jumping off the cliff before the series is over. All the Mavs need is a one win to gain momentum. Game 6 is the big worry IMHO...but if this goes 7, then a lot of posters on this board are going to look pretty dumb.

If the Mavs go out next game, jump away....until then...shut up please.
I agree that this series is not over. But I can also see the fans who feel it is. We just lost 3 straight to the Spurs. Now we have to beat them 3 times in a row? The Spurs have 3 games to beat us. Not to mention their head coach is just simply out coaching our head coach. But we're fans. Hopefully the Mavs are looking at this one game at a time. If they're not, this series will be over in 5. Gotta take it one game at a time. Let's see about winning Game 5 first then worry about Game 6. You get this win? I'm not really sure what it does for momentum because you're still down 3 games to 2 but if its a massacre? Maybe the Mavs can gain some sort of momentum going into game 6.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Cubes. If this team is dialed in they can beat (kill?) anybody. I would add that they could beat anybody 7 games in a row if they are hitting on all cylinders. I have no idea what makes them "on" or "off" but they are the most Jekyll and Hyde team I've ever followed. Sure they can beat the Spurs three in a row. I have no doubt whatsoever. It wouldn't even surprise me all that much if they didn't lose another game in the playoffs and went on to win the whole enchilada.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets give roddy a 10 year 120 million dollar contract while were at it. He's just that good.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
YoMamaIsCallin

YoMamaIsCallin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think I finally get why it's okay to Hate the Spurs!!!
How does that follow from your "Fool's Gold" premise? Does Hate = Jealousy?

Here's my take on your emotion: you're right. The Mavs, like the Suns, are a team built for regular season success, and are owned by a businessman who's in it for the money, and who realize that pumping up the fans with the cult of the individual player, and the "they're all against us" conspiracy mentalities, is the way to get the arena sold out. Sarver and Cuban, at their core, really don't care much whether their team makes the finals, as long as they keep packing them in and getting the media dollars because their TV ratings are high.

Do you realize that, in the last 30 years (with one exception), there have only been a small handful of teams that have won it all, and they are all multi-repeaters? That would be the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Bulls, and Rockets. (The one exception is that weird 2006 Heat win over the Mavs. Must have been a full moon.) Now, obviously, the Pistons, Bulls, and Rockets have receded backwards, and the Celtics did for a long time before they came back.

My point is, it takes a complete commitment from the top down and an insane focus on one goal: building a winning playoff team. Most teams are simply not built or focused that way. And some that are, find it very easy to lose that focus. All it takes is a little bit of lack of attention or a few distractions. And even if you have that focus and commitment, it's no guarantee... see the Utah Jazz.

Last edited by YoMamaIsCallin; 04-27-2010 at 11:48 AM.
YoMamaIsCallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamaIsCallin View Post
How does that follow from your "Fool's Gold" premise? Does Hate = Jealousy?

Here's my take on your emotion: you're right. The Mavs, like the Suns, are a team built for regular season success, and are owned by a businessman who's in it for the money, and who realize that pumping up the fans with the cult of the individual player, and the "they're all against us" conspiracy mentalities, is the way to get the arena sold out. Sarver and Cuban, at their core, really don't care much whether their team makes the finals, as long as they keep packing them in and getting the media dollars because their TV ratings are high.

Do you realize that, in the last 30 years (with one exception), there have only been a small handful of teams that have won it all, and they are all multi-repeaters? That would be the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Bulls, and Rockets. (The one exception is that weird 2006 Heat win over the Mavs. Must have been a full moon.) Now, obviously, the Pistons, Bulls, and Rockets have receded backwards, and the Celtics did for a long time before they came back.

My point is, it takes a complete commitment from the top down and an insane focus on one goal: building a winning playoff team. Most teams are simply not built or focused that way. And some that are, find it very easy to lose that focus. All it takes is a little bit of lack of attention or a few distractions. And even if you have that focus and commitment, it's no guarantee... see the Utah Jazz.
Are you really that ignorant? Cuban has lost millions on the Mavs.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
YoMamaIsCallin

YoMamaIsCallin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Are you really that ignorant? Cuban has lost millions on the Mavs.
Apparently, yes. I stand corrected on the "only in it for money" point. Should have done some research.
YoMamaIsCallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree with Cubes. If this team is dialed in they can beat (kill?) anybody. .
I think you could say that about every team in the Western Conference playoffs, and probably half the teams on the eastern side
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
I think you could say that about every team in the Western Conference playoffs, and probably half the teams on the eastern side
You'll get no argument from me. The parity is remarkable.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
You'll get no argument from me. The parity is remarkable.
It was more or less the rich get richer this past offseason, Cleveland, Orlando, Dallas, Lakers all adding a proven starter in the league to their lineup. The poor getting poorer, so the gap between the rich and poor got wider, but the gap between playoff teams closed a lot, where at this point, it's pick 'em between maybe 3 teams.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

C'Mon MAVS...PROVE ME WRONG!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter, fluffy diarrhea, thread diarrhea, yomama is fluffy, yomamaiswhorin