Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #401
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I never said it was alright... But how the hell does a border patrol agent getting killed by some white psychopath connect to the phrase "tell cops to stop killing black people"?? You're the one making illogical leaps here.
It was referring to my statement about cops going home in a body bag after a bad day at work, but in this case a bad day grocery shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I have several friends that are police officers. I would literally bet my life that they are not "killing black people". Would you bet your life that they do? This kind of statement is a huge part of the problem. Are there bad cops? YES! But I also believe that is the vast minority of them. I also give them a ton of leeway to deal with "work situations". If I have a bad day at work, I come home in a grumpy mood. If they have a bad at work, they go home in a body bag ... for $50-70k a year including overtime. There are bad people in every single profession. But I will never condemn all officers, fire fighters, or teachers. They all are grossly underpaid for what they do and deal with on a daily basis. If you want to come up with ways to figure out the bad ones and get them out, that's different. But to blanket make statements like "cops kill black people" is flat out wrong.

Last edited by MavzMan; 10-02-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #402
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was referring to my statement about cops going home in a body bag after a bad day at work, but in this case a bad day grocery shopping.
Some border patrol officer getting murdered by a white person while grocery shopping has absolutely NOTHING to do with the cops who murder black people... I don't even know how you can equate the two.

That's like saying Ray Rice beat his wife, therefore all pro athletes are wife beaters, therefore Dirk Nowitzki beats his wife, therefore jello. WTF are you talking about?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-02-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #403
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

The root of that point that I've stated twice and you can't seem to understand is that the job of law enforcement (from police officers earlier since this particular case is a border patrol agent) is extremely dangerous and they can be killed at any time. Knowing that they could be killed, apparently even while shopping for groceries and still in uniform, do you at least give them more leeway to defend themselves? This was not even a case of a "work situation" where the guy may have been better prepared.

And honestly, going back to your previous statement of having Trump tell cops to stop killing black people is much more in line with your reasoning regarding Rice and Nowitzki. Instead of making blanket statements like this, try being specific and part of the solution rather than generalize and part of the problem. If police officers A, B, and C were involved in a shooting, then it should be investigated. If the investigation shows evidence that supports they were right, then agree with it. If it shows they were wrong, send them to jail. If they get convicted of murder, the we live in the state of Texas with capital punishment. But if the evidence shows that person D who was killed was actually going for the officer's gun or had a knife to the officers throat, then you can feel awful for D and his family but D is still in the wrong.

If you have a family member on drugs (which I do), I feel awful for the person but it's still their choice and a damned hard one. If they go to jail (which they have) and then continue to hang out with the same people and make the same decisions, I feel bad for them but it's still their fault.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #404
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If police officers A, B, and C were involved in a shooting, then it should be investigated. If the investigation shows evidence that supports they were right, then agree with it. If it shows they were wrong, send them to jail. If they get convicted of murder, the we live in the state of Texas with capital punishment. But if the evidence shows that person D who was killed was actually going for the officer's gun or had a knife to the officers throat, then you can feel awful for D and his family but D is still in the wrong.
See, that's the thing though -- NONE of these guys are getting prosecuted, regardless of the evidence... Hence, the protests.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #405
MavzMan
Golden Member

Well maybe change is coming for officers that are wrong:

chicago-police-officer-convicted-of-unreasonable-force-in-shooting
Old 10-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #406
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you thought captain shitbox couldn't get any worse. Puerto Rico's crisis apparently isn't a real catastrophe like Katrina. Wow. There is no defending this one Trumpies. This is as bad as it gets.

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/164114...ks-puerto-rico

Old 10-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #407
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Just when you thought captain shitbox couldn't get any worse. Puerto Rico's crisis apparently isn't a real catastrophe like Katrina. Wow. There is no defending this one Trumpies. This is as bad as it gets.

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/164114...ks-puerto-rico
This tone-deaf motherf*cker: Trump tosses paper towels into crowd at Puerto Rican church

Quote:
People caught two of the rolls, while another fell to the ground.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-03-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:53 PM   #408
Underdog

This stupid motherf*cker...

@dave_brown24: From the White House transcript:

Trump: And a lot of people got to see the real Coast Guard during this incredible trouble. Would you like to say something on behalf of your men and women?

Air Force representative: Sir, I’m representing the Air Force.

Trump: No, I know that.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-04-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #409
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

@dave_brown24: From the White House transcript:

Trump: And a lot of people got to see the real Coast Guard during this incredible trouble. Would you like to say something on behalf of your men and women?

Air Force representative: Sir, I’m representing the Air Force.

Trump: No, I know that.
As always, the most annoying thing is if Obama did that. Obama half salutes with a coffee and the Repubs go batty.

Trump can't go a single hour without doing something so much worse. But why do they ignore it? I don't like the self-righteous twitter liberal crowd, but Trump's awfulness can't just be ignored.

I guess Trump voters no longer have values of any kind because they certainly aren't being represented. I guess they just like a fake tough president that doesn't have a clue.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #410
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine if Obama congratulated a soldier for a purple heart....

But guess most of the Reps politicans just dont have any moral standards at all. Jimmy Kimmel said it all...

Last edited by sefant77; 10-04-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:10 AM   #411
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
Just when you thought captain shitbox couldn't get any worse.
Quote:
This is exactly what is the issue here. People no longer have personal censorship. Regardless of what you think of him, the President of the United States deserves a minimum amount of respect. That is true with Trump just as it was true with Obama and ever president before them. If you are really sick and tired of the way things are, then be different and be an example. Starting off with captain shitbox and motherf*cker does nothing but completely invalidate what claims you are attempting to make.

Quote:
As always, the most annoying thing is if Obama did that. Obama half salutes with a coffee and the Repubs go batty.

Trump can't go a single hour without doing something so much worse. But why do they ignore it? I don't like the self-righteous twitter liberal crowd, but Trump's awfulness can't just be ignored.
Yes, it was big amount of crying over something that was probably nothing. Obama had his hands full including a cup of coffee so I guess the media and facebook trolls expect him to give a full salute and spill the coffee all over himself. That's just stupid reasoning.

BUT, at the same time, if you are going to start your arguments with captain shitbox .... isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Quote:
I guess Trump voters no longer have values of any kind because they certainly aren't being represented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
But guess most of the Reps politicans just dont have any moral standards at all. Jimmy Kimmel said it all...
I know it's long but this is an excellent response to Kimmel and also directly addresses the "Trump voters no longer have values of any kind" statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9AsdWg73E

Last edited by MavzMan; 10-05-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #412
MavzMan
Golden Member

Sorry, I completely forgot to actually agree with both of your points that Trump was falling back into being completely stupid. When he goes off script, his own personal censorship fails and he says/does things that a president should never do. I 100% agree with you on that.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:39 AM   #413
Underdog

Quote:
Regardless of what you think of him, the President of the United States deserves a minimum amount of respect.
Respect is earned, not given -- Trump wasn't ordained by God, he was elected by people (and not even a majority, at that)... He's going to continue to earn insults as long as he keeps acting like an imbecile at every opportunity. That's on him.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-05-2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #414
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The current president doesn't respect anyone or anything as has been proven day in and day out so why should we respect him? He is a mindless child that doesn't take responsibility for anything he says or does. I am absolutely embarrassed for this country that he is president. I'll happily stop calling him what he is when he stops acting like it. But if it quacks like a duck...

Old 10-05-2017, 09:31 AM   #415
MavzMan
Golden Member

I'm not asking you to respect him. I'm asking you to respect the position and whoever is acting regardless if you feel they have earned it or not.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #416
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

So with your logic Baschar-al-Assad deserves respect too. Because of his position.

Last edited by sefant77; 10-05-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #417
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not asking you to respect him. I'm asking you to respect the position and whoever is acting regardless if you feel they have earned it or not.
Honest question for you: if the human being serving the position doesn't show respect to the position he holds (repeatedly lying, violating ethics rules, appointing corrupt people to office, using the most hallowed position for personal gain, violating multiple laws), why do you think the position should be given inherent reverence from others?

also, I wonder why you think talking bad about the specific man holding the office is disrespectful of the office, our government, etc.?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-05-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #418
Underdog

Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream: A cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals the truth about Steve Bannon’s alt-right “killing machine.” https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...PMJ#.un3BwlQOn

EDIT: Normally I wouldn't link something from BuzzFeed, of all places, but they obtained the documents to make this a legit piece of journalism...

Last edited by Underdog; 10-05-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #419
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
So with your logic Baschar-al-Assad deserves respect too. Because of his position.
Was he an elected President of the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Honest question for you: if the human being serving the position doesn't show respect to the position he holds (repeatedly lying, violating ethics rules, appointing corrupt people to office, using the most hallowed position for personal gain, violating multiple laws), why do you think the position should be given inherent reverence from others?
I never said to not call them out on things they do or say. That is a big difference. Starting an argument with captain shitbox just says that you don't really care about finding out what's going on and would rather jump spew garbage out. There are lot of funny names that could be given to both Bill and Hillary Clinton ... least of which has to do with getting a blowjob in the ooOOOOOOval AAAAAAAfice.

Quote:
also, I wonder why you think talking bad about the specific man holding the office is disrespectful of the office, our government, etc.?
You know, I've actually wondered why this bothers me. I just feel that there are some things that should not be taken so glibly like this. If reduce thes President of the United States down to fart jokes and that just seems wrong to me. It tells me that there is no point is debating topics because it is literally meaningless other than a feel good feeling .. whether passing gas or making a joke at someone else's expense. I not trying to go the whole Holier Than Thou routine, but I do consider it to be different than calling NBA players names. Honestly, I never liked Michael Jordan when he was playing, but I had a deep respect for his ability. I've never liked Dwayne Wade and my level of respect is much, much lower ... but there is still some level of respect given.

Our government is supposed to uphold ideals and principles for the good of the people. It just seems like these should be serious topics. Are they, both specific people and positions, perfect? Hell no. But they are still a lot better than 98% of the rest of the world.

My last point would be that when people watch a lot of news, their tension spikes, they get bitter, road rage comes easier, and hateful responses are common. Why is this? Is there really this much hatred in the US? Honestly, I don't see it. I worry that this is the root of the problem. I worry that the news has actually stopped becoming news and started becoming 100% negative propaganda towards views that oppose their political stance. I worry that being bombarded with so much negativity encourages individual violent outbursts like we are seeing. Should the media be held to at least some amount of accountability? Does freedom of speech allow them to become a front for a political party and give heavy slants in their tone?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #420
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Once again, if the president himself has turned the position into fart jokes, then why would the citizens misguidedly hold respect for that man anymore? He calls almost anyone who disagrees with him foul and childish names or attacks them in some immature way.

Obama was almost always above all of the BS criticisms the right threw at him by taking the higher road. He actually had respect for the presidency even if one disagreed with his policies.

I totally agree about the media though. Journalism has really become opinion pieces on one scale or another for clicks. Either that or big scary headlines that suck the masses in.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-06-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #421
MavzMan
Golden Member

To say I'm disappointed in Trump's twitter behavior is vastly understated. But that doesn't make it right for me to do it either. And don't think this is just Trump even though he appears to do it much better and more often. Hillary lost a lot of supporters when she called people a "basket of deplorables". The news does this as well.

I understand what they are trying to say when they show bar charts of voters and one of the bars is "Uneducated", but I cannot stand this! They are implying that people that do not have a college degree are stupid. This is a prime example of my hate for the news media. I understand the need for a college degree, but at the same time college is not for everyone. What's wrong with trade schools? What's wrong with starting your own business? What's wrong with apprenticeship? What's wrong with being a blue-collar, 40+ hour a week, hard working physical job??? The "uneducated" term pisses me off so bad. I do have a college degree and I am considered "educated" and a "white collar worker", but I come from southern Oklahoma where the vast, vast majority do not and honestly, those people are much more realistic, thoughtful, kind, understanding, think before responding .... I'm going to stop here or I'll go on and on and on ... fucking news media. I'll leave it at that. See?!? Just talking about them gets me mad and pissed off!

Obama was a great speaker. Trumps sucks at speaking unless he explicitly follows the script. Hillary was ok, but shrill. Obama often said he would "take the high road" and compared to Trump, yes he most certainly did. But Obama, and every president before him, takes lots of jabs at the opposing side. The key to Obama is that he did it with such smoothness, it sounded good. Obama and Reagan are the best speakers that I've actually listened to by far.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #422
MavzMan
Golden Member

One more note. Even though I did not vote for Obama, I sincerely hoped he would go down as one of the greatest presidents of all time. I wish people would think of Washington, Lincoln, Obama ... But in reality, this country is more divided that it has been in decades, possibly since the civil war. I don't care what anyone says, it's not because he was black. I look forward to the next black president and the first female president. But his policies, actions, and speeches have divided the country to the point where there is no discussion anymore. There is no work together. It's turned into negativity, vile, hatred, disruption and violence. That is not right. The Vegas shooting is what comes from that.

We need a president and leader that will actually work to get people together rather than further divide them. This is why I was disappointed in the GSW debating to go visit the White House. This country needs reconciliation, love and respect across the board. Unfortunately, Obama did not do this and appears that Trump is taking to even higher levels. What president is next? Cuban is talking about running. Honestly, if the democrats elect Cuban, then 80% of the arguments against Trump become invalidated because Cuban is a left-wing version of Trump.

I guess a perfect scenario would be a soft-spoken but strong black, female president that acts like a mother and treats all the politicians like children. Make them sit at the table until their finish their homework. No dinner until it's done. And then when it's finished, give them a big hug and tell them they did a good job. This country needs someone that everyone can rally behind. The thought of disappointing Mom has always been a big motivator for me to work hard and do the right thing.

Last edited by MavzMan; 10-06-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #423
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Was he an elected President of the United States?

He is a president. Or u think a president of the USA is something better and deserves automatically respect but for other presidents this doesnt count?

Quote:
I never said to not call them out on things they do or say. That is a big difference. Starting an argument with captain shitbox just says that you don't really care about finding out what's going on and would rather jump spew garbage out. There are lot of funny names that could be given to both Bill and Hillary Clinton ... least of which has to do with getting a blowjob in the ooOOOOOOval AAAAAAAfice.
And there you go...."but Hillaaaaaary and Bill mimimimi"

Trump IS Captain Shitbox...its a perfect name for him. But what is worse is people like you still not getting it what a piece of shit he is. Being POTUS or not. He is garbage. His character. His attitude. His lack of...everything.

There is simply no defending him. And on top of it he has half of Goldman&Sachs now in the WH, some other billionaires and golfs more than Tiger Woods and gets nothing done.

#SAD

Last edited by sefant77; 10-06-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #424
Underdog

"Everything is the media's fault" --Every Trump Supporter Ever

No exceptions here... How DARE the media shine a spotlight on Trump's behavior -- he's the president, he deserves our respect regardless of his fucked up actions and policies!

And if that doesn't work, bring up Hillary and Obama... Anything you can do to avoid having to admit that you support the worst, least-qualified POTUS in this country's history.

Just ignore the fact that he's under investigation for stealing the election with the help of the Russians, ignore that he's trying to start a nuclear war with North Korea, ignore that he's trying to gut healthcare without any plan to replace it, ignore that he's cutting taxes for the 1% while raising them for the 99%, ignore that he basically turned his back on a US territory after a natural disaster, ignore that he called LITERAL Nazis who murdered a woman "very fine people", ignore that he's trying to ban an entire religion entry into this country, ignore that he'll never build that stupid wall, ignore that he's ripping the American public apart with constantly divisive language and behavior... It's the media's fault for showing it, not Trump's fault for doing it!

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #425
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
"Everything is the media's fault" --Every Trump Supporter Ever

Do actually deny that 90% of the new media is in the DNC's pocket? Even the election debates were tainted with the DNC getting the questions ahead of time.

No exceptions here... How DARE the media shine a spotlight on Trump's behavior -- he's the president, he deserves our respect regardless of his fucked up actions and policies!

And if that doesn't work, bring up Hillary and Obama... Anything you can do to avoid having to admit that you support the worst, least-qualified POTUS in this country's history.

You know what? You're right. Trump is the most least qualified president at least in near history since I couldn't comment on any from more than the last ~50 years. He is not a career politician. He hasn't been taking money from donors for decades. He very well could be the stupidest president we've ever had and probably is i'll agree. Do you believe for a second that Hillary is not corrupt?

Just ignore the fact that he's under investigation for stealing the election with the help of the Russians, ignore that he's trying to start a nuclear war with North Korea, ignore that he's trying to gut healthcare without any plan to replace it, ignore that he's cutting taxes for the 1% while raising them for the 99%, ignore that he basically turned his back on a US territory after a natural disaster, ignore that he called LITERAL Nazis who murdered a woman "very fine people", ignore that he's trying to ban an entire religion entry into this country, ignore that he'll never build that stupid wall, ignore that he's ripping the American public apart with constantly divisive language and behavior... It's the media's fault for showing it, not Trump's fault for doing it!
Russion - I can't comment as I have not followed this at all. I will say that the talk radio I listen to continuously reports that is still a false narrative being crammed down our throats.

North Korea - Use twitter for international communication is absurd. Calling the guy Rocket Man is pretty funny but again, stupid. Getting tough with a country that could potentially send a nuclear weapon at us? That is where Obama was too soft and maybe we need someone willing to stand up.

Healthcare - If you like your plan, you can keep it! Not! Obama has screwed our health care system not that it was great to begin with. But now get ready. You need to see a doctor? Make an appointment in six months if you're lucky. You really want government running healthcare? Like the VA does such a great job and has stellar reviews. Regardless, we are stuck with it now. Repealing is next to impossible so now we are stuck in health care mire and will continue to sink.

Taxes - again, i have not followed at all.

Natural disasters - I just read that the "White House" in one article and then the "Trump administration" in another is pushing congress for an additional $29 billion in relief. Followed with an article that says the "Trump Inaugural committee donated $3 million. Here is an NBC News article showing Trump throwing the paper towels from a different angle. You see the outstretched arms and hands? Reminds me of when I go to a Mavs game and the dancers throw out shirts. I stand with my hands up asking for one. Could that actually be what happened? Might it be that Trump was trying to lighten the mood and throw some help to the people in back? Nah, lets just criticize him for everything he does.

Nazis - again, idiotic comment, but you know what, I'm sorry to inform you that they actually do have the right to spew their vitriol. What makes for bad situations is when people go down and pick fights and give them the publicity that they want. I actually saw a KKK rally one time if that's what you want to call it. I call it about 20 white morons on a speaker phone with everyone ignoring them or giving them the finger as they walked by. That driver should get the death penalty btw just to be complete here.

Ban a religion - Interesting that other muslim nations banned the same countries. Again, you are making a false statement from a half truth.

Build a wall - Don't know if it would actually work, but at the least, it would put a lot of americans to work and possibly slow down drugs from entering the US and illegal, yes illegal, not undocumented, people.

Divisive Language - yes he is definitely driving us down that deplorable road. Again, put down the twitter crackpipe, Mr. President. Stick to script.

Media's fault for showing it - for showing it? No. For spinning it with half-truths to flat out lies in order to further their own political agenda, yes that is wrong. If you deny that 90% of the news media doesn't report true news but rather their narrative, then you're full of bullshit. But don't go making shit up for the sake of viewers and political money when you're supposed to be fail and unbiased rather than the Clinton News Network. How many times do I have to say, call him out on things he says and does. I will agree with you on his screw ups. But don't expect me to believe your massive generalizations like that which started this whole thing like "Trump tell cops to stop killing black people".
Old 10-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #426
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
He is a president. Or u think a president of the USA is something better and deserves automatically respect but for other presidents this doesnt count?
Actually yes I do give more respect to the elected President of the United States. This guy was only elected "because no-one else was allowed to stand against him." according to the simple wiki. But continue to use idiotic arguments. I guess

Quote:
And there you go...."but Hillaaaaaary and Bill mimimimi"

Trump IS Captain Shitbox...its a perfect name for him. But what is worse is people like you still not getting it what a piece of shit he is. Being POTUS or not. He is garbage. His character. His attitude. His lack of...everything.

There is simply no defending him. And on top of it he has half of Goldman&Sachs now in the WH, some other billionaires and golfs more than Tiger Woods and gets nothing done.

#SAD
And there you go using name calling and vulgar language in my attempt at a serious discussion. #SOSAD #USOSAD
Old 10-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #427
Underdog

Quote:
Russion - I can't comment as I have not followed this at all. I will say that the talk radio I listen to continuously reports that is still a false narrative being crammed down our throats.
There's a very real non-partisan investigation being headed by the DOJ under Robert Mueller, who served as the FBI Director under both Bush and Obama... There's a lot to digest -- Russian election interference, links between Trump associates and Russian officials, collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian agents, obstruction of justice, financial investigations, etc.... I recommend that you start with the Wiki page to get a general idea of what's being covered, then research individual topics from other sources for yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_S..._investigation

Quote:
North Korea - Use twitter for international communication is absurd. Calling the guy Rocket Man is pretty funny but again, stupid. Getting tough with a country that could potentially send a nuclear weapon at us? That is where Obama was too soft and maybe we need someone willing to stand up.
You don't "get tough" with the lunatic on the subway who's ranting and raving at everyone -- you steer clear... Especially since he has nothing to lose and you have everything to lose. Acting fake-tough on Twitter isn't going to do anything to help relieve tensions with North Korea, and one well-placed nuke in the center of Tokyo would crumble the entire planet's economy.... We could nuke every square inch of North Korea and we'd still lose more than them.

Quote:
Healthcare - If you like your plan, you can keep it! Not! Obama has screwed our health care system not that it was great to begin with. But now get ready. You need to see a doctor? Make an appointment in six months if you're lucky. You really want government running healthcare? Like the VA does such a great job and has stellar reviews. Regardless, we are stuck with it now. Repealing is next to impossible so now we are stuck in health care mire and will continue to sink.
I 100% agree that Obamacare is garbage -- you either go all-in on universal healthcare or you leave it completely free market... I do think there needed to be some minimal regulation, but other than covering preexisting conditions, I don't think there was a single good thing to come out of Obamacare... FORCING people to pay a private corporation for healthcare that they don't want or can't afford to use, then instituting a financial penalty that gets tacked to their yearly taxes if they don't opt-in (which if not paid can equal jail time) is fascist as fuck... For as much as conservatives like to call Obama a "commie," that rule would have made Mussolini blush.

Quote:
Taxes - again, i have not followed at all.
Here's an article from Forbes that breaks down the numbers: https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony.../#6e53b9f85465

Quote:
Natural disasters - I just read that the "White House" in one article and then the "Trump administration" in another is pushing congress for an additional $29 billion in relief. Followed with an article that says the "Trump Inaugural committee donated $3 million. Here is an NBC News article showing Trump throwing the paper towels from a different angle. You see the outstretched arms and hands? Reminds me of when I go to a Mavs game and the dancers throw out shirts. I stand with my hands up asking for one. Could that actually be what happened? Might it be that Trump was trying to lighten the mood and throw some help to the people in back? Nah, lets just criticize him for everything he does.
Trump was in the richest part of Puerto Rico that was affected the least, and yeah, those people were basically grabbing for t-shirts... The people who really need help require food, water, medicine, and electricity -- I don't see how the paper towel stunt helps anything, especially since Trump took 9 days to send basic aid to the island because he was too busy whining about the NFL.

To make matters even more shady, FEMA just buried any statistics on their website having to do with the damage in Puerto Rico: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d03b908214ea

Quote:
Nazis - again, idiotic comment, but you know what, I'm sorry to inform you that they actually do have the right to spew their vitriol. What makes for bad situations is when people go down and pick fights and give them the publicity that they want. I actually saw a KKK rally one time if that's what you want to call it. I call it about 20 white morons on a speaker phone with everyone ignoring them or giving them the finger as they walked by. That driver should get the death penalty btw just to be complete here.
Just because their bigotry is constitutionally protected doesn't mean it's above scrutiny... Trump was well within his rights to call out Nazism and he refused to do so. I guess you don't bite the hand that feeds? https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...RGq#.kwGDqvVJz

Quote:
Ban a religion - Interesting that other muslim nations banned the same countries.
Isn't America supposed to be better than those other countries? You seem to be quite content to let some backwards-ass bedouin nation set the bar for you... Sorry, but here in America our freedom of religion is constitutionally protected from government interference. That's why Trump's bullshit bans keep getting shot down by the courts.

Quote:
Build a wall - Don't know if it would actually work, but at the least, it would put a lot of americans to work and possibly slow down drugs from entering the US and illegal, yes illegal, not undocumented, people.
I could debate the likelihood of a wall keeping illegals or drugs out of this country (spoiler alert: drugs will never go away as long as Americans crave them), but it doesn't even matter because there's absolutely no money to pay for the wall... Not after the hurricanes (another is on the way), a $700 billion increase in military spending, and the huge tax cut for the richest people in this country that I mentioned above... And that's not even including all the privately owned land, Native Reservations, wildlife preserves, and rugged terrain along the border that would basically make building a wall impossible even if we had the money -- it's not like it's all a bunch of flat, government-owned land.

It's a figment of the imagination, it will never happen.

Quote:
Divisive Language - yes he is definitely driving us down that deplorable road. Again, put down the twitter crackpipe, Mr. President. Stick to script.

Media's fault for showing it - for showing it? No. For spinning it with half-truths to flat out lies in order to further their own political agenda, yes that is wrong.
The media doesn't have to spin a damn thing when everyone can look at Trump's Twitter account and see all of his thoughts and beliefs on display, unfiltered... If you can't see the deep-seated problems with the shit he spews, then maybe you're the one who's getting swayed by media bias?

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #428
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Gorka
Price
Bannon
Mooch
Preibus
Spicer
Dubke
Flynn
Manafort

Tillerson?

For a guy picking "the best guys", he sure has a revolving door
Old 10-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #429
Underdog

Quote:
Gorka
Price
Bannon
Mooch
Preibus
Spicer
Dubke
Flynn
Manafort

Tillerson?

For a guy picking "the best guys", he sure has a revolving door

Old 10-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #430
Underdog

“I HATE EVERYONE IN THE WHITE HOUSE!”: TRUMP SEETHES AS ADVISERS FEAR THE PRESIDENT IS “UNRAVELING”

In recent days, I’ve spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president that seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers

Quote:
Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #431
Underdog

https://m.facebook.com/RBReich/posts/1729852823693973

Last edited by Underdog; 10-11-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #432
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

https://youtu.be/Tj9M34DzAKo

Let the missiles fly!

Old 10-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #433
Underdog

"I will tell you I left Texas and I left Florida and I left Louisiana and I went to Puerto Rico and I met with the President of the Virgin Islands," --Donald Trump, President of the US Virgin Islands

It's bad enough that he's a pathological liar, but he isn't even smart enough to tell a CONVINCING lie...

Old 10-15-2017, 07:02 PM   #434
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Pathological dipshit
Old 10-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #435
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-...onds-to-trump/
Old 10-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #436
Underdog

Quote:
Pop is right.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #437
sefant77
Guru

-

Last edited by sefant77; 10-17-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #438
sefant77
Guru

Pop for president

Hell...The Rock for president
Old 10-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #439
Underdog

Any Trump-worshipers interested in defending him this time? Wanna blame it on Hillary? Fake news? Some other bullshit? Maybe talk about how taking a knee is disrespectful to the troops? Anyone??

Trump to pregnant widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: 'He knew what he signed up for'
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...e-knew-what-he

Last edited by Underdog; 10-18-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:25 AM   #440
Underdog

Quote:
Any Trump-worshipers interested in defending him this time? Wanna blame it on Hillary? Fake news? Some other bullshit? Maybe talk about how taking a knee is disrespectful to the troops? Anyone??

Trump to pregnant widow of Sgt. La David Johnson: 'He knew what he signed up for'
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...e-knew-what-he
Father of fallen soldier wants to join Twitter to call Trump a 'damn liar'
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ter-account-to

Last edited by Underdog; 10-19-2017 at 12:26 AM.
Closed Thread