Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, outrage from last night....why the hell did they kill billy?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #42
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Billy? What episode?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #43
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh.... The Presidents confidante....

He's a spare
Old 08-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

But you will be able to soon see him as Billy again in Knight Rider.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Such shameless post padding.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #46
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It felt good too....

Hurry up and get to season 3. Although Season 3 was the worst of the series, but it's still pretty good.

Question: Did you watch the mini series before starting S1?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #47
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I love that phrase "mini series." It was 3 hours. It was hardly a miniseries. And yes, I watched it.

I should be through with season 2 by tomorrow night.

I need to start thinking about *acquiring season 4 pretty soon. How many of those did they air? like 10 of them?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #48
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I love that phrase "mini series." It was 3 hours. It was hardly a miniseries. And yes, I watched it.

I should be through with season 2 by tomorrow night.

I need to start thinking about *acquiring season 4 pretty soon. How many of those did they air? like 10 of them?
10 so far.

You can watch them either on scifi.com or through a really bad rainstorm.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #49
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Or...Apparently Universal HD is going to start airing those 10 episodes on August 30th.

Even better. Sweet clean HD.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So that means you have 14 days to do 20 episodes(assuming you finished S2 like you said you were going to do)......

So hop to it!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #51
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Just wrapped up season 2 tonight.....

What in the hell just happened?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #52
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I just got all (or majority) of the episodes from my friend...do I watch the mini-series first? Because on the first episode it says previously on BSG...
Old 08-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #53
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yes, watch the "mini-series" first.

And as far as that goes.....It gets better as you go along.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

(I'm through 3.05)

So let me get this straight....after 2 seasons, and like 2 years....they're right back where they started, minus some ships, and probably like 10,000 less people?

The old man grew a mustache
Starbuck grew out her hair
the colonel lost an eye
the chief grew a beard
And apollo got fat?

Kind of cheesy altering of appearances for all of that...some time has passed. We got it.

At first I thought Baltar was going kind of John Locke on me, but now I realize that it's so much worse...what a colossal, monstrous d-bag that guy is.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #55
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Like I said.... Season 3 was the worst... but it does get better.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #56
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Hot damn! I just watched the mini-series and am on episode 2 of season 1...

grace park is freaking hot! i had heard about her before..because it has been said that my friend looks like her!

wooowwwwwwwwwww

im not going to read many posts in here because i dont want to accidentally read spoilers but...I hope to catch up on this show in the next month or so..
Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #57
nikeball
Platinum Member

Just finished Season 1...I read there are some webisodes for season 3...What is the order I should be watching that..along with the tv episodes of season 3? Are the webisodes vital to BSG?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #58
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The webisodes are NOT.... I repeat.... NOT necessary.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #59
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah I did not attempt to watch any webisodes.

The wife and I are through 3-13 at the moment.

I'm trying to figure out just exactly why I should care about all of this...relationshippy stuff...and I wished they would've just tossed him out the airlock rather than that really odd interrogation.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #60
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

There's also a tv-movie that came out last year (before the previous season started).

Its a prequel, so I guess its not ENTIRELY necessary, but I really enjoyed it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 08-25-2008 at 11:15 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #61
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah... it was called Razor. It was pretty interesting.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing how many people are gay for this show...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #63
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

I'm gay for it. BSG is great, my favorite show on TV currently - and by currently I mean I have to wait until 2009 to watch my favorite "current" show :|

I even got my wife sucked in. Downloaded the '78 Galactica season and needless to say after the first 5 minutes she was out.

So say we all.
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #64
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So say we all.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #65
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Watched 3 more tonight....boy these ones in mid season 3 (14, 15, and 16) are kind of a beating. What happened to the writing?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #66
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It sucked.... It got Lost S2 syndrome
Old 08-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #67
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It gets better? (he asked hopefully)

And I didn't think it got really bad until just recently. The first several of season 3 had at least a serial plot line and there were developments happening to the over all plot of the show....once it got into the teens though, they went back to episodes that kind of stand alone, which kind of sucks for this show.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-25-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #68
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

season 3 was pretty bad. it picks up again in season 4. I couldnt finish S3.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 08-25-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #69
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The last episode of S3 is a can't miss though.....

edit: but you gotta watch a couple of shows before it though.... just watch it all. You have forever and a day till it starts again.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-25-2008 at 10:54 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #70
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's not like it's "bad" bad, it's just not as good as the other ones have been.

Despite what the human rain cloud Murph says, it's still a relatively good show even when it's a little off.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #71
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Yeah you got a few more 'meh' episodes but then it picks up, leading to the big WTF moment.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I watched "Maelstrom" last night and it had a wtf moment at the end of it...but there's no way that they would permanently remove that certain person from the show, would they?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #73
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I watched "Maelstrom" last night and it had a wtf moment at the end of it...but there's no way that they would permanently remove that certain person from the show, would they?
Adama: "What do you hear, Starbuck?"
Starbuck: "Nothing but the rain."
Old 08-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #74
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Good news though... you only have one more so-so episode for Season 3.... and that would be the next one.

edit: Although, I really liked it upon the 2nd viewing. I just was ticked off about what happened at the end of the previous one still.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-27-2008 at 10:46 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #75
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Adama: "What do you hear, Starbuck?"
Starbuck: "Nothing but the rain."
It was funny...I pulled up the miniseries again last night on a whim later after watching that other one, and in the first 5 minutes Adama says that same thing to Starbuck. I had forgotten about that.

That's what kind of sucks about watching these episodes all in a row like this...I only see them once, and sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. So they all blur. When I watch something new, week to week, I tend to watch things over. I think I watched the season 4 LOST episodes on average 2.5 times each before seeing the next one.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #76
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Just do me a favor then.... well yourself really. Watch the last 2 of S3 on the same night. (Crossroads P1 P2)
Old 08-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #77
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Just do me a favor then.... well yourself really. Watch the last 2 of S3 on the same night. (Crossroads P1 P2)
Oh my wife already informed me that the last 3 episodes of season 3 is what we're doing tonight.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #78
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If memory serves, Season 3 suffered because it was a bit heavy handed on the social commentary.

Also, there should never EVER be a Cylon free episode.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 08-27-2008 at 11:32 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #79
thereaper

Nor should there ever be a Baltar free episode
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #80
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
If memory serves, Season 3 suffered because it was a bit heavy handed on the social commentary.

Also, there should never EVER be a Cylon free episode.
Maybe there never has been.

(see what I did there?)

Tags
excellent television, your mom is a cylon