Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: U2sarajevo....the self appointed censor

Hi. Did.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:U2sarajevo....the self appointed censor

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I made a comment in a thread that a certain poster was behaving like a troll. I used the word "TROLL". I guess since U2 awoke on the wrong side of the bed or something that he felt he should edit it out and lock the thread, essentially making it look like vulgar words or somesuch were used.
That's not exactly the way it worked. I asked you to change it yourself. You refused. I changed it. You changed it back. That is the reason for the thread to be locked. The intent was not to make it look like a vulgur word, the intent was to remove the evidence of name calling. I said yesterday it would not be tolerated. And that stance has not changed today.
Quote:
The facts are that a certain poster was behaving like a troll. The assertion was backed up with reason but still the self appoointed forum censor felt the need to use his power. Wow. We are all impressed.
Again, I gave you the opportunity to remove the offensive part of your post first. You refused.
Quote:
Since when was the word troll not allowed?
Name calling of any type will not be tolerated in the Political Arena forum
Quote:
What's next?? You going to edit every line of a classic ape rant? You going to edit every other line in any Kobe thread? Care to spend several hours going back through every thread to make sure you didn't miss one?

What a stinking load of horse crap.

Even in the political forum both sides agree that censorship sucks. You've just solidified that.
What I "censored" was behavior that is not tolerated in that forum. We do not allow name calling.
Quote:
Thanks for the strike. Why don't you just go ahead and censor this post and give me ten more.

Horse crap indeed.
edit: formatting
Old 09-28-2004, 03:47 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since the other threads were locked, but yet you got to respond, I'll chime in here.

There is no difference in me calling another poster trollish and you calling me childish. Period. You can spin it to your hearts desire, but you will be wrong. I'm not sure who pissed in your cheerio's this morning, but censorship like that sucks.
You called knowitall a "troll", that is what started the entire exchange. After I edited your post you decided to re-edit your post and add the mentions of "trollish" behavior. "childish" is not a verb, it describes the type of behavior you have resorted to in your attempt to discount knowitall(the behavior is name calling and the description of that behavior is childish).

I did not call you any names, nor would I.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:10 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

DeusDooDoo is a new dork.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:29 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Bullcrap. You can spin it anyway that you would like but you are wrong.

I said she was acting like a troll (specifically Trollish behavior)
You said it was name calling and childish behavior.

There is no difference. It just goes to show that you are allowed to censor posts based on your perception but that you are not held to the same standard. That is unfortunate and unexpected coming from you.
No sir, you are revising what your original post said in the thread.

Quote:
Actually, it's Nuclear, but the original message was just a ranting edited by a D-M.com Moderator.
From the Top 10 locked thread in the Political Arena. All I edited out was the word "troll". How is that saying she was "acting like a troll"? You called her a "troll".

You can "spin" it however you like but you are trying to revise this whole episode.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:05 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I always enjoy a good fight between a member and a moderator....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:37 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

SMU football stinks. understand that.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:08 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody who tries to understand something with their stones has problems. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, everyone has had their say. Let's put an end to this.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Noone can touch you murph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You can focus like Kerry on the first part, but the fact is that you did the exact same damn thing that you are accusing me of and had the gall to issue a strike, hide behind the mod skirt by locking a thread after making a bullcrap statement, and then act surprised when called out on it.

Have the stones to at least understand that.
What I understand is that you are failing to see the truth in this whole episode. You are stating that I did "the exact same damn thing that you are accusing me of and had the gall to issue a strike, hide behind the mod skirt by locking a thread after making a bullcrap statement, and then act surprised when called out on it." which is not true. I did not call you a name. You are taking a statement I made and twisting it into whatever way meets your needs and supports your erroneous argument.

Pray-tell... what name did I call you?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:29 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

I guess you just flew right past kg_vets attempt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

You called me childish after I said knowitall was a troll and acting trollish (which everyone with even half a brain understands is true). There is no difference. Sadly you insist on flying past that.

That you wear a mod skirt does not exempt you from being called out. That you tossed a strike and then did the exact same damn thing while hiding behind that mod skirt was disappointing.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I guess you just flew right past kg_vets attempt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

You called me childish after I said knowitall was a troll and acting trollish (which everyone with even half a brain understands is true). There is no difference. Sadly you insist on flying past that.

That you wear a mod skirt does not exempt you from being called out. That you tossed a strike and then did the exact same damn thing while hiding behind that mod skirt was disappointing.
Call me out on what? I did nothing. I did not call you childish. I said the behavior of calling other people names is a childish behavior.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:37 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

And also, that was not just directed at you. In my opinion, any poster that resorts to that is acting childish.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:58 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Nice spin. Sadly, it's all it is.....spin.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:12 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

My opinion (if somebody cares): U2 deletes the "childish" part, and keeps not tolerating the name calling. It's a good policy for D-M. [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Edit. I deleted the joke.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:38 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I never heard anything definitive...is U2 the official self appointed censor of d-m.com or not?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:16 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I never heard anything definitive...is U2 the official self appointed censor of d-m.com or not?
perhaps we take a vote on the matter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:08 AM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take the initiative to set up a poll.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:57 AM   #19
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

The result would be too close to call, I'm afraid.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:59 PM   #20
Unwanted

Unwanted is on a distinguished road

As the artist formerly known as Male23Dan, (actually I am just on a "week suspension"), I can assure you that U2 is a power-hungry mod that wants to push people around with his might... He doesn't try to listen to any issues, work through problems, or even give you a WARNING prior to slapping a STRICT punishment on you... He is, IMO, a terrible mod because of these poor efforts and he is also hypocritical to say the least for letting the same thing go on without the same punishment being carried out to other members on this board...

As one of my good friends on this board often says...................

You can suck it!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:10 AM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's how it works around here folks.

U2 makes all the decisions on his own and acts accordingly. If he's accused of censorship and concerned with only power, then you better put all the mods down as such.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #22
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

TROLL TROLL TROLL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

well Doc calling people ignorami and telling someone that they are a " F*cking moron." and nothing happens....

looks like the pendulum has swung the other way.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Yeah...let's totally ignore the why and overlook our forum angel EL. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 01:46 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

you are free to quote me wherever I call someone an f'ing moron.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Nice to live in such a shortsighted world eh?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

you call someone an f'ing moron and Im shortsighted?

correct me if I'm wrong but allowing one poster to insult someone like that and you arent thinking about the future.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:13 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

There are ample examples of you showing your backside yet I have never felt the need to point it out. Quite the opposite....I've looked at the why and when I thought you were right (a few times) I backed it up. But I didn't feel the need to point out the several times when you were probably the source of contention. It is all about the why. The forums f'ing moron is the most ignorant person that I have ever had the misfortune of coming across. In this case, You took the F'ing moron part and ran with it which is clearly disingenuous to everyone. Stop splitting hairs.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #29
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

It's funny how modern technology makes the word "troll" be synonymouse w/ fu#khead.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

used to be a part of many European folklores.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #31
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Which reminds me that picture on your signature line, isn't that what a troll looks like? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote