Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #2041
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Grammaton Cleric John Preston would like a word with you.

3:10 to Yuma and The Prestige were also quite good, imo.
duly noted.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #2042
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I seriously want someone to tell me something good about d9 other than that it was cheap.
I don't really want to get into a debate over every movie we disagree but I'll tell you what I saw....

**SEMI SPOILER***

I thought the way it was filmed, the plot, the lead character's mentality, and his actually physical being all went through a metamorphosis at the same time. It went from a typical pseudo documentary via BWP or Cloverfield and then turned into an exciting and emotional sci fi action film. Why not? I don't really get why people would be turned off by a movie that successfully altered itself entirely mid film. That means someone is trying to be creative, and I like that. You get the best of both worlds of a documentary and action film in an entirely original setting.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #2043
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't really want to get into a debate over every movie we disagree but I'll tell you what I saw....

**SEMI SPOILER***

I thought the way it was filmed, the plot, the lead character's mentality, and his actually physical being all went through a metamorphosis at the same time. It went from a typical pseudo documentary via BWP or Cloverfield and then turned into an exciting and emotional sci fi action film. Why not? I don't really get why people would be turned off by a movie that successfully altered itself entirely mid film. That means someone is trying to be creative, and I like that. You get the best of both worlds of a documentary and action film in an entirely original setting.
exactly!

Avatar is nothing like this, so I can understand why you don't like it or don't think it was up to par with D9. So I understand where you are coming from.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:18 AM   #2044
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

**SEMI SPOILER***

Because it was neither a good action film nor a good documentary. And the main character was too much of a dbag to care about how he turned out.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #2045
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'll side with Five-ofan. D9 was incredibly average. That movie started off incredibly slow. It gets style points for being original with the way the story was told, but there's nothing great about it.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #2046
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Avatar was very cool in 3d. I recommend it.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #2047
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a lot of movies in the theater this year (thank goodness for the dollar theater in Plano!)

Here's my list, best to worst:

01) Moon
02) Inglorious Basterds
03) The Hurt Locker
04) District 9
05) Star Trek
06) Zombie Land
07) A Serious Man
08) The Brothers Bloom
09) Watchmen
10) (500) Days of Summer
11) The Men Who Stare at Goats
12) The Hangover
13) Avatar
14) The Fantastic Mr. Fox
15) Drag Me to Hell
16) The Informant!
17) Public Enemies
18) Crank: High Voltage
19) Terminator Salvation
20) Pandorum
21) Surrogates
22) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
23) Saw VI
24) G.I. Joe
25) Transformers 2
26) Jennifer's Body

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-22-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: forgot one
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #2048
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Transformers 2 wasn't that bad at all.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #2049
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I saw a lot of movies in the theater this year (thank goodness for the dollar theater in Plano!)

01) Moon
02) Inglorious Basterds
03) The Hurt Locker
04) District 9
05) Star Trek
06) Zombie Land
07) A Serious Man
08) The Brothers Bloom
09) Watchmen
10) (500) Days of Summer
11) The Men Who Stare at Goats
12) The Hangover
13) Avatar
14) The Fantastic Mr. Fox
15) Drag Me to Hell
16) The Informant!
17) Public Enemies
18) Crank: High Voltage
19) Terminator Salvation
20) Pandorum
21) Surrogates
22) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
23) Saw VI
24) G.I. Joe
25) Transformers 2
26) Jennifer's Body
ive already said my part about d9 so ill leave that alone(other than saying having it over star trek is just terrible) but ill add that watchmen wasnt very good either. That girl was really hot though.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #2050
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

A local theatre showed Die Hard tonight. It's always been a dream of mine to see it in theatre. It was good seeing it with other fanatics. I won a trivia contest before it started. 3rd on my all-time favorite list.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 12-23-2009, 03:34 AM   #2051
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
How did you like district 9 but complain about the week screen play in avatar. District 9 was flat out an awful movie. It had one of the worst screen plays in recent memory and it didnt have the special effects that avatar did to fall back on. And clash of the titans does look awesome.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it awful, but I do think the movie was massively overrated. Maybe the most overrated movie of the past decade.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #2052
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

01) Moon Rated R for language
And this is the film you got all those dirty words from ?

I watched

Watchmen
Il divo
Paranormal activity
The White Ribbon
Nekromantik double feature with Director
Whatever works
Inglorious basterds
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Nokan
The informant
Gran Torino
Slumdog millionaire
District 9
Limits of control
Final dest.
Duplicity
Saw 6
Old 12-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #2053
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

D9 was solid.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #2054
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

just saw basterds...loved it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #2055
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Saw Brothers and Blind Side recently, thought both were really good.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #2056
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

just watched inglorious bastards

awesome
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:22 AM   #2057
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #2058
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Watching Donnie brasco right now
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #2059
Murphy3
Guru

Watched BlindSide. The football action was horrible at times. That always drives me crazy when a movie that is in some large degree about sports cannot remotely get the sports action right. The casting of the head high school football coach was terrible. But, the movie overall was solid despite those two huge deficiencies.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #2060
Five-ofan
Guru

saw sherlock holmes and invictus in a double feature last night. Sherlock holmes is enjoyable(if you like robert downey jr youll like it, if you dont you wont but if you dont why would you be watching it anyway?) Invictus was dissappointing because it could have been so much better. I think eastwood got caught between trying to make a sports movie and trying to make a political commentary on mandela. Its not awful by any means but its also definately not great.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #2061
Murphy3
Guru

Because you like Sherlock Holmes?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #2062
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Went to see "the blind side" today, but it was sold out. Kind of glad it was, cause i saw "up in the air" instead. GREAT movie, especially if you are a frequent traveler for business (as I am).
Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #2063
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm being forced into watching Julie & Julia (or is it Julia & Julie? who cares).

I'll try to make the best out of it....
Old 12-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #2064
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I'm being forced into watching Julie & Julia (or is it Julia & Julie? who cares).

poor bastard
Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #2065
Murphy3
Guru

Forgot to mention that I watched Pirate Radio awhile back.. Funny..entertaining. Also, watched Finding Forrester again. I had forgotten how truly great that movie is. It's a very entertaining movie with sports. The b'ball action is far superior than what you see in alot of b'ball movies. Just a very, very good movie.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #2066
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

oh hush. You make me watch all these friggin dude shows/movies. Besides, you know I'm not into chic flicks to begin with, so me forcing you to watch this is a rarity.

so please, tell the whole story next time would ya? thanks.

Last edited by mavsgirl4134; 12-31-2009 at 03:52 PM.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #2067
bernardos70
Diamond Member

No worries, I'm making you watch Crank 2 tonight.... we'll see how you like that one.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #2068
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Forgot to mention that I watched Pirate Radio awhile back.. Funny..entertaining. Also, watched Finding Forrester again. I had forgotten how truly great that movie is. It's a very entertaining movie with sports. The b'ball action is far superior than what you see in alot of b'ball movies. Just a very, very good movie.
Thanks for the reminder on Finding Forrester, I am going to watch that again. Great movie.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #2069
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well since it is 2010, might as well do my top and worst 5 list...

Best

1. District 9
2. Serious Man
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Der Baader Meinhof Complex (technically 08 but wasn't released in the US until late summer/fall of 09)
5. 500 Days of Summer

Honorable mention: Star Trek

Worst

1. Year One
2. Gi Joe
3. Terminator Salvation
4. Taking Woodstock
5. The Proposal (dragged by gf)

Honorable mention: Watchmen

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #2070
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
No worries, I'm making you watch Crank 2 tonight.... we'll see how you like that one.
crank 2 is awesome....well as long as you have a sense of humor....
Old 01-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #2071
Murphy3
Guru

Just watched The Stratton Story. It's a great story.. solid baseball movie.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #2072
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Caught a late night viewing of No Country for Old Men on USAHD network last night. Still genius
Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #2073
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I saw "the good the bad and the ugly" (I had seen snippits of it here or there as kid on tv.. but never the whole thing)

this movie is near perfect. If you haven't seen it, do so.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #2074
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

i also saw "monster's ball" 3 out of 5 stars
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #2075
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
I saw "the good the bad and the ugly" (I had seen snippits of it here or there as kid on tv.. but never the whole thing)

this movie is near perfect. If you haven't seen it, do so.
it's on top of my list to purchase blu-ray.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #2076
Murphy3
Guru

meh
Old 01-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #2077
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
i also saw "monster's ball" 3 out of 5 stars
4 of 5 from me.

Up In The Air was really good. The ending was unexpected and depressing, though.

Avatar - was NOT expecting to be THAT impressed, but I was. Watch it in 3D while you can. I think you'll lose a lot watching it at home.

500 Days of Summer - Loved it. I'd imagine that just about all men have gone through something similar to Joseph Gordon Leavit's (Sp?) character.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #2078
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Two movies that make my pants go crazy!

Clash of the Titans

Robin Hood
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #2079
Nash13
Diamond Member

The Book of Eli was really good. it was kinda like I am Legend where it was advertized like an action movie but it wasn't. I think most of y'all would enjoy it.

~The Salesman
Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #2080
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
Two movies that make my pants go crazy!

Robin Hood
oh goodness. Did I really see a coming-up-out-of-the-water-in-slomo-to-shoot-someone moment, with a bow and arrow? That's too much.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?