Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #121
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
More specifically? With Turner is it skills/game? Or behavioral?

Wasn't he like a 2nd overall pick? Some Sixers FO head should be rolling still.
A little of both. He was a big fish in a small pond. Got the idea that he was great, when he hit his ceiling at merely average. Got into fights with teammates in Philly. Then moved to Indy and got into more fights. Impossible to tell who started it, but with two sets of problems in two cities, it's hard to say that he didn't have some sort of input. Really, he's just a decent 2nd/3rd stringer who was treated like a star by Philly and has yet to discover that his talent level just isn't high enough to be a starter and needs some humility.

Quote:
Come again?
It was a joke, a bad one, but a joke. Still most RFAs repel most rumors.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #122
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Might be coincidence (linked to timing of Deng's commitment, for example), but I thought it was kind of interesting that the news about Chalmers coming to terms with the Heat and the news of Houston not matching on Parsons broke at almost the exact same time.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #123
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Kirk Hinrich to re-sign with Bulls
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #124
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing Chris Andersen's looming new deal with Miami is a two-year pact in the neighborhood of $10 million

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #125
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@WojYahooNBA: Free agent forward Pau Gasol is finalizing a three-year, $22M-plus contract with the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo Sports

Old 07-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #126
Underdog

@ESPNSteinLine: As for Mario Chalmers, hearing he landed a two-year deal from the Heat in the region of $8+ million

Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #127
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@WojYahooNBA: Free agent forward Pau Gasol is finalizing a three-year, $22M-plus contract with the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo Sports
Sigh. Exactly what I was afraid of. Mavs could've had Gasol AND Ariza for what they're paying Parsons. Parsons is probably a better long-term investment, but if you wanted to cinch everything up tight and make one final run up the hill with Dirk during the next couple of years, I'm not sure Ariza and Gasol wouldn't have been a better combination to go with.

No looking back.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #128
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sigh. Exactly what I was afraid of. Mavs could've had Gasol AND Ariza for what they're paying Parsons. Parsons is probably a better long-term investment, but if you wanted to cinch everything up tight and make one final run up the hill with Dirk during the next couple of years, I'm not sure Ariza and Gasol wouldn't have been a better combination to go with.

No looking back.
You are assuming both could be had. Some would giggle.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #129
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You are assuming both could be had. Some would giggle.
Why not? Ariza would slide right in to start.

Pau would've found as many minutes behind Dirk/Chandler as he will behind Gibson/Noah. Bulls still need to deal with Boozer, too. Probably couldn't have even offered that 3/22 without us taking Greg Smith. Would've been more like 3/20.

Plus Texas income tax earnings.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-13-2014 at 11:59 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #130
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't think Pau would have even considered us. When you look at the roster and what his role and playing time would have looked like, it's far more defined and prominent in Chicago.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #131
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No looking back.
Without getting into whether Dallas would have been able to secure commitments from both players, and while I don't disagree that there would be things to like about the resulting roster, I can't look at it right now and think "opportunity lost", because I think Dallas really needs to have guys on the team whose best years are ahead of them to balance out the decline in Dirk's ability to carry the team, and Parsons fits that need as well as anybody.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #132
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Personally I don't think Pau would have even considered us. When you look at the roster and what his role and playing time would have looked like, it's far more defined and prominent in Chicago.
I guess it depends on how you look at it.

For me, Mavericks could've gone long-term or short-term. If you go short-term, you go after the most battle-tested, championship-experienced players who are still productive (a Gasol, for example), convince him that he's what the Mavericks need to contend for a championship with Dirk still on the team. (Then rebuild 2-3 years from now when Dirk retires.) I posted this elsewhere, but you'd have sold Gasol on playing a big role while sharing the burden with Dirk and Tyson. From that perspective, Dallas would've been the place that split the difference between San Antonio (where the burden to carry the team would've been even more dispersed) and Chicago (where a lot of the burden is going to fall on Gasol).

Mavericks went the the longer-term plan, which is understandable, I guess. Parsons has a lot of 'upside', and I assume they will intend to re-sign him after Dirk retires. So they're building for the future, getting younger, preparing for a post-Dirk transition, all of which I understand. But I think they'd have had better immediate championship prospects with Gasol/Ariza.

Clearly, they could've been had for virtually the same money. If Gasol had gone to Chicago for 10 or 11, I'd have understood that he was out of Dallas' price range. But for 7-7.5? Just can't wonder what might've been. As to whether Gasol and/or Ariza could've been enticed? That's a whole other question.

Totally understandable that Cuban et al are would be looking at the longer-term health of the franchise, and trying to avoid the trauma of a tear-down and rebuild starting 4 years from now. Parsons is potentially a cornerstone of a new era. That's the best way for me to rationalize it.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #133
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Without getting into whether Dallas would have been able to secure commitments from both players, and while I don't disagree that there would be things to like about the resulting roster, I can't look at it right now and think "opportunity lost", because I think Dallas really needs to have guys on the team whose best years are ahead of them to balance out the decline in Dirk's ability to carry the team, and Parsons fits that need as well as anybody.
Very same page.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:35 AM   #134
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's why I never understood the supposed interest. He wouldn't sign here to come off the bench.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #135
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, Melo followed Dirk's example and left money on the table. Dude took 123mill instead of 130.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #136
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Caron Butler joins Pistons - 2 years approx. $10m
Old 07-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #137
Underdog

@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing John Salmons will wind up signing a new deal with New Orleans after his recent release by Atlanta

Old 07-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #138
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

I don't think the Heat will get Eric Bledsoe, even tho that would be a great pickup. They just resigned Mario Chalmers, they drafted Shabazz Napier, and still have Norris Cole. They have 3 point guards on the roster already, Miami should worry about filling out the bench. So far they got Chris Anderson, Danny Granger, Josh McRoberts, Norris Cole and Shabazz Napier. They need more scoring off the bench
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #139
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3189 View Post
I don't think the Heat will get Eric Bledsoe, even tho that would be a great pickup. They just resigned Mario Chalmers, they drafted Shabazz Napier, and still have Norris Cole. They have 3 point guards on the roster already, Miami should worry about filling out the bench. So far they got Chris Anderson, Danny Granger, Josh McRoberts, Norris Cole and Shabazz Napier. They need more scoring off the bench
The Heat are giving out 2 year deals, for a shot at the 2016 FA class. So makes sense that Bledsoe won't sign on with the Heat.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #140
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

It would be interesting if the Suns have interest in going after Shawn Marion to bring that veteran presence to their young team, then again I'm not sure if Shawn Marion may want to go to a "Upcoming" team. If Marion wants to go to a "Contender", the Pacers or Bulls would be a great look for him
Old 07-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #141
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Wade staying in Miami ...contract terms not public but they are speculating it at 4/$60M, which is $5M per pay cut for opting out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...act-miami-heat
Old 07-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #142
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Lance Stephenson to Charlotte... 3yrs/$27.5M.
Anthony Tolliver to Phoenix... 2yrs/$6M.

I like both moves.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #143
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Lance Stephenson to Charlotte... 3yrs/$27.5M.
Anthony Tolliver to Phoenix... 2yrs/$6M.

I like both moves.
I wonder why he took less years with Charlotte, didn't the 5/$44M offer still stand in Indiana?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #144
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
I wonder why he took less years with Charlotte, didn't the 5/$44M offer still stand in Indiana?
I think he thought "ABI"-- anything but Indy.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #145
jay3189
Banned

Lance Stephenson going to the Hornets is huge if he can calm down a little. If he is on point, the Hornets are getting a 2 way player, a gritty defender and a scorer
Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #146
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3189 View Post
Lance Stephenson going to the Hornets is huge if he can calm down a little. If he is on point, the Hornets are getting a 2 way player, a gritty defender and a scorer
Charlotte just stole a ton of talent for sure. They'll better watch out, though. Dude seems like a hard guy to keep happy.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #147
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...in-love-trade/

Thompson > Andrew Wiggins according to sources. Any thoughts?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #148
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

@WojYahooNBA
Lakers waiving guard Kendall Marshall, but have interest in bringing him back on a new deal if he clears waivers, league sources tell Yahoo.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #149
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
@WojYahooNBA
Lakers waiving guard Kendall Marshall, but have interest in bringing him back on a new deal if he clears waivers, league sources tell Yahoo.
Wow. Dude turned into one of their top-3 guys last season and a good 3pt shooter.

Lakers make no sense unless they are making a play for Bledsoe or Rondo.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #150
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Awww, Melo followed Dirk's example and left money on the table. Dude took 123mill instead of 130.
It really pissed me off when Wade signed with the heat, they ran across the bottom line of ESPN how he left 11m on the table when he opted out. No mention of the sacrifice of Dirk.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #151
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mo Williams just signed a deal for--as we suspected-- more than the 2.7mill exception we had.

3.8mill for this year.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #152
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wonder what the deal with Blatche is.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #153
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Suns Forward P.J. Tucker Arrested, Charged With "Super Extreme DUI"

http://deadspin.com/suns-forward-p-j...aign=tuesdayAM

Celebrating his fat new contract a little hard. .222? Ouch.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #154
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Suns Forward P.J. Tucker Arrested, Charged With "Super Extreme DUI"

http://deadspin.com/suns-forward-p-j...aign=tuesdayAM

Celebrating his fat new contract a little hard. .222? Ouch.
Yeah, I think I'll take flirting with Kendall Jenner over this.

Arizona has strict drinking and driving laws too. Yikes.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-29-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #155
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Monroe got a 5/60 offer and turned it down. Talks are stalled. Ouch.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #156
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

---oops - saw that EL already posted this in another thread yesterday---

Knicks got forwards Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw from the Kings in exchange for forward Jeremy Tyler and guard Wayne Ellington.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 08-07-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #157
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Woj reporting that the Kevin Love trade to Cleveland has been agreed upon in principle. Love apparently has made a "firm commitment" to re-sign with the Cavaliers with a 5-year, $120M+ deal next summer (which obviously can't officially be part of the trade as it is not an extend-and-trade).

The Wolves will receive Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a protected 2015 first-round pick.

Both teams basically getting exactly what they wanted out of this deal. I like it for both teams.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #158
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Woj reporting that the Kevin Love trade to Cleveland has been agreed upon in principle. Love apparently has made a "firm commitment" to re-sign with the Cavaliers with a 5-year, $120M+ deal next summer (which obviously can't officially be part of the trade as it is not an extend-and-trade).

The Wolves will receive Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a protected 2015 first-round pick.

Both teams basically getting exactly what they wanted out of this deal. I like it for both teams.
I think it's excellent for basketball that LeBron is going to have a new supporting cast by his side when he loses the Finals to the Mavs this year.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-07-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #159
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think it's excellent for basketball that LeBron is going to have a new supporting cast by his side when he loses the Finals to the Mavs this year.
It will be Kevin Love crying instead of Bosh. Mwahahaha.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #160
jay3189
Banned

As bad as the Cavs have been for the past 4 years. They could have the best offseason in franchise history. They got Lebron back, thier getting Kevin Love from Twolves, they may get Shawn Marion to help that defense, and they got Mike Miller and James Jones for outside shooting