Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barack Hussein Obama

A new kind of politician...oh yeah...

Quote:
Over the weekend, I saw on several occastions an Obama campaign ad attacking John McCain's credentials as a reformer by pointing out that lobbyists occupy key positions in his campaign. The ads are classic "guilt" by association attacks, and their effectiveness against a candidate known to much of the public as a maverick reformer and a war hero is likely to be limited. On the other hand, with Obama apparently now trailing McCain, he has little choice but to go negative with ads of this sort that seek to peck away at McCain's image.

However, today comes word that, with the exception of Chris Dodd, Barack Obama received the most money of any member of Congress in campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, a total of $126,000 plus change. John McCain is well down the list at around $22,000.

If the choice is between a candidate whose aides make money by lobbying for various big industries and a candidate who himself benefits through contributions from an industry that Congress failed to keep an eye on, to the well-publicized detriment of taxpayers, it's pretty clear who wins that argument.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

"guilt by association"?

the problem is not any rub-on guilt by osmosis, the problem is mccain rails against lobbyist, while in reality he has not only brought lobbyist into his campaign staff, mccain has taken huge amounts of $ from lobbyist and allowed lobbyist to stage campaign fund raising events.

so it is not "guilt by association", it's saying one thing while actually doing the opposite.

and when has freddie and fannie become the boogeymen? could you show just what "well-publicized detriment to the taxpayers" fannie and freddie are responsible for?

I have to hand it to you, you sure can come up with the "hit pieces"....
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So nice to have the media covering your ass.

Quote:
Obama rejected suggestions that his campaign ad was a low blow.

"If we're going to ask questions about, you know, who has been promulgating negative ads that are completely unrelated to the issues at hand, I think I win that contest pretty handily," Obama said.

What Obama apparently meant was that McCain, not Obama, has put out more negative ads.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

Obama and the brownshirts continue to bring a "new politic" to the country. Chicago Politics.

Quote:
Obamaphiles Drowning Out Criticism Again [Mark Hemingway]

Chicago Talk Radio Host Milt Rosenberg had NRO's own David Freddoso, author of The Case Against Barack Obama, his show tonight. Rosenberg's producer emails to say that they're again trying to silence Freddoso, just like they did when Stanly Kurtz was on recently:

Tonight, we have David Freddoso on our show discussing his new book. As we speak, thousands of Obama supporters are flooding our phone lines and e-mail boxes, just as they did for our show with Stanley Kurtz. An Obama Action Wire was sent out tonight to intimidate us into taking Freddoso off the air.

The podcast of Freddoso's appearence will be available on Milt's website immediately after the show.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

"Can you imagine not giving babies their basic human rights, no matter how they entered our world? My name is Gianna Jessen, born 31 years ago after a failed abortion. I’m a survivor, as are many others... but if Barack Obama had his way, I wouldn’t be here.

Unfortunately, Barack Obama voted four times against affording these babies their most basic human right. I have serious concerns about Senator Obama’s record and views on this issue, given he voted against these protections four times as a state Senator. Just as abuse victims share their stories to educate the public, fight for the common good and hope that as a result politicians do what’s right, I felt it was important to come forward and give these new born babies a voice.

I am living proof these babies have a right to live, and I invite you to learn more about Senator Obama’s record on this important issue.

-Abortion Survivor Gianna Jessen"
Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Keep it classy Obama..

Quote:
Categories: Sarah Palin
A tanning bed in the Governor's Mansion

Sarah Palin brought one unusual accessory to the Alaska Governor's mansion after moving in last year: A tanning bed.

Al Giordano's NarcoNews first reported that Palin had the apparatus installed in the mansion in Juneau, and a spokesman for the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, Roger Wetherell, confirmed the account to Politico.

"She paid for it with her own money," Wetherell said in an email.

It does get awful dark up there in Alaska, but health authorities like the American Cancer Society generally frown on tanning beds as cancer risks.

The McCain-Palin campaign didn't have an immediate comment on the purchase.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it classy Obama, you say? Huh?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
"Can you imagine not giving babies their basic human rights, no matter how they entered our world? My name is Gianna Jessen, born 31 years ago after a failed abortion. I’m a survivor, as are many others... but if Barack Obama had his way, I wouldn’t be here.

Unfortunately, Barack Obama voted four times against affording these babies their most basic human right. I have serious concerns about Senator Obama’s record and views on this issue, given he voted against these protections four times as a state Senator. Just as abuse victims share their stories to educate the public, fight for the common good and hope that as a result politicians do what’s right, I felt it was important to come forward and give these new born babies a voice.

I am living proof these babies have a right to live, and I invite you to learn more about Senator Obama’s record on this important issue.

-Abortion Survivor Gianna Jessen"
As I said, the civil rights of the unborn will be the last great civil rights battle. Amazing that even the born alive don't get civil rights and would not be a person per Obama (and Mavdog who views the born as not having civil rights and not being a person until their parents are holding a birth certificate).
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
As I said, the civil rights of the unborn will be the last great civil rights battle. Amazing that even the born alive don't get civil rights and would not be a person per Obama (and Mavdog who views the born as not having civil rights and not being a person until their parents are holding a birth certificate).
I am beginning to come around to the Mavdog way of thinking. I have 6 kids and three of them are teenagers, so my vote is a voters registration card instead of a birth certificate.

Once they turn 18 (and get a job and out of the house) -- no more abortion of them.

We could then argue about whether the ones that stay at home living with mom and dad should be eligible to be aborted even though they have passed man's date of decision.

What's the difference? They are alive at conception and it is (wo)man's date to decide when they die according to the US government (Roe V Wade).

Hitler thought that the infirm should go as well. Then the Jews. The aged. We might as well keep our stupidity going. Pick a race that should die, and maybe an eye color.

It all comes from the same place -- and it starts with SELF.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #10
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

A former UBS lobbyist working for John McCain and giving him the education he once said he'd still need is in my opinion more of an influence on the Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac situation then the direct influence by Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac people. Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac managers will get the money their contract garantees them and they've been fired. They don't have to work, still get the money.

UBS, however profits by making the Americans taxpayer step in to socialize the losses they would've made if Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac were allowed to fail. Billions in mortgadge backed securities that were secured by Fanny and Freddy would've been lost. Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac managers wouldn't have lost their garanteed money.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

I am coming around to the other way of thinking, conception is when there is true life!

we should take every woman who has a fertilized egg in her womb and put them in a controlled environment. that way we can "protect the rights" of the egg. 24 hour watch.

these women need to understand that they forfeit their rights, they are now secondary citizens.

society will recognize the supremacy of the fertilized egg's rights, no matter what.

these women need to understand their place, and if their health is compromised, sobeit.

after all, they are just the vessel...
Old 09-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #12
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I am beginning to come around to the Mavdog way of thinking. I have 6 kids and three of them are teenagers, so my vote is a voters registration card instead of a birth certificate.

Once they turn 18 (and get a job and out of the house) -- no more abortion of them.

We could then argue about whether the ones that stay at home living with mom and dad should be eligible to be aborted even though they have passed man's date of decision.

What's the difference? They are alive at conception and it is (wo)man's date to decide when they die according to the US government (Roe V Wade).

Hitler thought that the infirm should go as well. Then the Jews. The aged. We might as well keep our stupidity going. Pick a race that should die, and maybe an eye color.

It all comes from the same place -- and it starts with SELF.
Who knows, maybe after saving that unborn, beautiful, self-less child of Jehova, they are fortunate enough to be seized by the power and might of the clan of the blue-eye and engage in genocide for profit in a foreign land... and kill... what used to be unborn babies...

The hypocrisy of the schizophrenic self-styled religious right has roots that run deep. In the monotheistic reality tunnel, the Godhead is the State. It has always been this way. The Lord sits upon his throne and is benevolent enough to allow his flock to feed from his scraps and lick the remnants of his last meal from his pretty white beard.

Those unborn babies are no more or less divine than the homeless man we walked past and sneered at, or the Iraqi family reduced to protoplasm for your blessed God's enjoyment and material gain.

This issue is about the desire to legislate a morality. Such a need is indicative of weakness and impotence, not strength. The irony here being that the "right" side of the false dialectic/deftly-crafted social control mechanism/political spectrum seeks to force someone else to follow a code that they believe in. This is supposedly a tactic of the "left" side of the aforementioned false dialectic. Both sides attempting to rip each others' eyes out over who should die next.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma
Who knows, maybe after saving that unborn, beautiful, self-less child of Jehova, they are fortunate enough to be seized by the power and might of the clan of the blue-eye and engage in genocide for profit in a foreign land... and kill... what used to be unborn babies...

The hypocrisy of the schizophrenic self-styled religious right has roots that run deep. In the monotheistic reality tunnel, the Godhead is the State. It has always been this way. The Lord sits upon his throne and is benevolent enough to allow his flock to feed from his scraps and lick the remnants of his last meal from his pretty white beard.

Those unborn babies are no more or less divine than the homeless man we walked past and sneered at, or the Iraqi family reduced to protoplasm for your blessed God's enjoyment and material gain.

This issue is about the desire to legislate a morality. Such a need is indicative of weakness and impotence, not strength. The irony here being that the "right" side of the false dialectic/deftly-crafted social control mechanism/political spectrum seeks to force someone else to follow a code that they believe in. This is supposedly a tactic of the "left" side of the aforementioned false dialectic. Both sides attempting to rip each others' eyes out over who should die next.
No it isn't just about morality -- it is about a life.

Who determines when we can take a life? Apparently you believe the government does. I don't believe that. If you lived in Germany during WWII you would be killing Jews! I know you would because you don't believe in life. The government said it was fine, so it was fine. If you lived in the US - South during slavery -- you would have slaves and would have treated them like animals -- I know because you don't believe in life.

Your thought process is locked into SELF gratification and doing what man wants to do.

Let's face one fact -- IF their is a God he darned sure doesn't respect man or man's ways. Why should he? He might let us have plenty of rope to hang ourselves, but he knows that we don't have any control over him -- but he does over us. Think about it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 09-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #14
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ribosoma, we always legislate morality. That's what laws are - legislated morality. And you are just off your rocker with that fru-fru godhead is the state rambling. If unborn babies are no more or less divine than a homeless man (wait, who said they were?), then why do people get to kill the unborn babies, no questions asked?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
I am coming around to the other way of thinking, conception is when there is true life!

we should take every woman who has a fertilized egg in her womb and put them in a controlled environment. that way we can "protect the rights" of the egg. 24 hour watch.

these women need to understand that they forfeit their rights, they are now secondary citizens.

society will recognize the supremacy of the fertilized egg's rights, no matter what.

these women need to understand their place, and if their health is compromised, sobeit.

after all, they are just the vessel...
You're better than this. Obviously, you're being a smartass..but you're better than this.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-16-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

I just don't understand how lovers of freedom put up with this guy. This isn't even from the nutheads at the koskids or the moveon.org...this is DIRECTLY from the OBAMA campaign. Are you okay with the thought that the president of the US is willing to stifle legitimate dissent like this?

Quote:
It's Just a Matter of Time Before Team Obama Tries to Shut Us All Down

Team Obama targeted our own David Freddoso last night. Guy Benson forwards the attack message:

Quote:
Dear XXXXX,

The author of the latest anti-Barack hit1 book is appearing on WGN Radio in the Chicagoland market tonight, and your help is urgently needed to make sure his baseless lies don't gain credibility.

David Freddoso has made a career off dishonest, extreme hate mongering, even calling legislation to protect people from hate crimes the "Thought Police."2

And WGN apparently thinks this card-carrying member of the right-wing smear machine3 needs a bigger platform for his lies and smears about Barack Obama — on the public airwaves.

Freddoso will be on WGN tonight from 9:00 to 11:00 to promote his new attack book against Barack.

Tell WGN that by providing Freddoso with airtime, they are legitimizing baseless attacks from a smear merchant and lowering the standards of political discourse
Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

Pretty smart move by theMessiah. It should help his gaffe-quotient. Pretty dang silly however.

Quote:
“(CNN) — It appears Barack Obama’s teleprompter is hitting the campaign trail.

The Democratic presidential nominee has never tried to hide the fact he delivers speeches off the device, though normally he doesn’t use one at standard campaign rallies and town hall events.

But the Illinois senator used a teleprompter at both his Colorado events Monday — making for a particularly peculiar scene in Pueblo, where the prompter was set up in the middle of what is normally a rodeo ring.”
Old 09-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #18
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty smart move by theMessiah. It should help his gaffe-quotient. Pretty dang silly however.
he really needs to practice without it, though. Hillary chewed him up a bit in the debates, didn't she?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

Joe Biden says...theMessiah's BACK!!!
Quote:

"All this stuff about how different Barack Obama is, they're not just used to somebody really smart. They're just not used to somebody who's really well educated. They just don't know quite how to handle it. Cause if he's as smart as Barack is he must not be from my neighborhood."
Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #20
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

I always thought smart people could speak coherently without reading it from a teleprompter
Without his The Obamessiah makes Shawn Marion sound intelligent

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #21
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No it isn't just about morality -- it is about a life.

Who determines when we can take a life? Apparently you believe the government does. I don't believe that. If you lived in Germany during WWII you would be killing Jews! I know you would because you don't believe in life. The government said it was fine, so it was fine. If you lived in the US - South during slavery -- you would have slaves and would have treated them like animals -- I know because you don't believe in life.

Your thought process is locked into SELF gratification and doing what man wants to do.

Let's face one fact -- IF their is a God he darned sure doesn't respect man or man's ways. Why should he? He might let us have plenty of rope to hang ourselves, but he knows that we don't have any control over him -- but he does over us. Think about it.

I am quite familiar with the psychosis of Augustinian thought in relation to how dirty, wretched and terrible the "SELF" is. The cognitive dissonance required to literalize the stolen mythologies and pagan beliefs co-opted by the monotheistic death cults seems to be tied to (or crucified upon) that central theme.

For the record, I never plan on having an abortion being that I am male, and I have yet to need such services for a partner because I know how to pull out. If I were to father a child, I would want to raise him/her because I value all life.

Your comments in reference to me killing Jews renders whatever logic you were planning to pull out of your bag pretty worthless. It is the "religious right" who is currently supporting genocide RIGHT THIS MOMENT in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you, defender of big baby Jesus riding in the clouds on the back of a unicorn, do not defend ALL life, even when in possession of a little more skin pigmentation, then you are a hypocrite.

If you do value ALL life, then please direct me to some quotes here where you blasted the president for killing MILLIONS of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. Take your time. I think you'll have to look a while.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Why attempt to steer the conversation back to something that suites you better?

He was talking about abortion. Talk about abortion.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #23
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this thread was about Barack HUSSEIN Obama's middle name...

HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!! HUSSEIN!!HUSSEIN!!

Do YOU know anybody who has a middle name Hussein?? No, because they're all evil. And you're GOOD.

PS: How's it going, my hussia?

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 09-17-2008 at 02:33 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #24
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I am quite familiar with the psychosis of Augustinian thought in relation to how dirty, wretched and terrible the "SELF" is. The cognitive dissonance required to literalize the stolen mythologies and pagan beliefs co-opted by the monotheistic death cults seems to be tied to (or crucified upon) that central theme.

For the record, I never plan on having an abortion being that I am male, and I have yet to need such services for a partner because I know how to pull out. If I were to father a child, I would want to raise him/her because I value all life.

Your comments in reference to me killing Jews renders whatever logic you were planning to pull out of your bag pretty worthless. It is the "religious right" who is currently supporting genocide RIGHT THIS MOMENT in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you, defender of big baby Jesus riding in the clouds on the back of a unicorn, do not defend ALL life, even when in possession of a little more skin pigmentation, then you are a hypocrite.

If you do value ALL life, then please direct me to some quotes here where you blasted the president for killing MILLIONS of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. Take your time. I think you'll have to look a while.
My apologies to you. I should not have made it personal. I know better.

I also actually don't believe in ALL life, so I guess in the strictest of terms I am a hypocrite. Plants are living and reproducing, and I have no problem eating them -- in fact, I rather enjoy vegetables and need them to survive. Animals, like Beef and chicken and pigs are delicious to me. I am not a vegetarian.

People are another story altogether. Since that is what I am supposing you are talking about -- then I am still a hypocrite. I do not believe that serial killers - who kill innocent people -- deserve to keep living and keep killing. Yes, I believe in the death penalty.

As far as wars with "other" then I still believe that you do what is "right". Right is determined by God. Getting the information from him without getting man's interpretation with it is very tricky though.

Now, killing of the innocent seems wrong all the time. Whether you are talking about the unborn, starving children in a foreign country, killing villages of indians - or vietnamese, or genocide.

Is genocide out of the question -- no. Joshua was told to destroy everything and everyone. Saul was told to destroy everything and everyone --- in the Bible old testament. Elijah took and slew all the Baal worshipers in the valley of Kinshon because of what they believed.

So yes, my beliefs make me a hypocrite at times -- according to the limited knowledge of most humans. I accept that.

Jesus taught us to love our enemies though -- so I have learned that that line is hard to find, easy to cross, and usually depends on your own beliefs.

Hopefully when we do go to war -- our leadership is close enough in their walk with the heavenly father, that they are doing his will in these instances, and not just their limited humanly thoughts.

Last edited by dalmations202; 09-17-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #25
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Why attempt to steer the conversation back to something that suites you better?

He was talking about abortion. Talk about abortion.
I did talk about abortion. Why attempt to steer this thread by talking about talking about abortion, instead of just talking about abortion?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
My apologies to you. I should not have made it personal. I know better.

I also actually don't believe in ALL life, so I guess in the strictest of terms I am a hypocrite. Plants are living and reproducing, and I have no problem eating them -- in fact, I rather enjoy vegetables and need them to survive. Animals, like Beef and chicken and pigs are delicious to me. I am not a vegetarian.

People are another story altogether. Since that is what I am supposing you are talking about -- then I am still a hypocrite. I do not believe that serial killers - who kill innocent people -- deserve to keep living and keep killing. Yes, I believe in the death penalty.

As far as wars with "other" then I still believe that you do what is "right". Right is determined by God. Getting the information from him without getting man's interpretation with it is very tricky though.

Now, killing of the innocent seems wrong all the time. Whether you are talking about the unborn, starving children in a foreign country, killing villages of indians - or vietnamese, or genocide.

Is genocide out of the question -- no. Joshua was told to destroy everything and everyone. Samuel was told to destroy everything and everyone --- in the Bible old testament. Elijah took and slew all the Baal worshipers in the valley of Kinshon because of what they believed.

So yes, my beliefs make me a hypocrite at times -- according to the limited knowledge of most humans. I accept that.

Jesus taught us to love our enemies though -- so I have learned that that line is hard to find, easy to cross, and usually depends on your own beliefs.

Hopefully when we do go to war -- our leadership is close enough in their walk with the heavenly father, that they are doing his will in these instances, and not just their limited humanly thoughts.

Wow. Think you might have been projecting a bit with your Nazi analogy earlier?

I guess that it is a logical progression for someone who believes the "SELF" is the root of all evil to grow to see genocide as an option. If your "SELF" is evil, imagine all those other "SELFS" out there... lingering in the shadows... waiting to be sacrificed nobly by the army of Yahweh...

Bring on the "SELF"DESTRUCTION!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #27
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wow. Think you might have been projecting a bit with your Nazi analogy earlier?

I guess that it is a logical progression for someone who believes the "SELF" is the root of all evil to grow to see genocide as an option. If your "SELF" is evil, imagine all those other "SELFS" out there... lingering in the shadows... waiting to be sacrificed nobly by the army of Yahweh...

Bring on the "SELF"DESTRUCTION!!!
We already bring on self destruction.

Selfishness is the problem.

Love is the answer. (Just a note -- God is Love)

If you do the whole logical step by step conclusion -- this is what life breaks down into.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #28
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

dude you sound pretty petty in this thread
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't trust Hussein's ties either...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Keep it classy democrats. Just don't understand how someone supports a politician who is supported by these type of people.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../09/021541.php
Quote:
The Insanity Continues

Liberals have hacked into Sarah Palin's private Yahoo email account, stolen the contents thereof, and are gleefully posting emails, photographs of the Palins' children, and so forth on cesspool liberal web sites. Michelle Malkin reports that the liberals have:

...used Bristol Palin’s illegally obtained private cell phone number from her mom’s private account, recorded her voicemail message, and posted it on their website.

They have reprinted her husband Todd’s private e-mail address and son Track’s private e-mail address.

The McCain/Palin campaign issued this statement:

This is a shocking invasion of the Governor's privacy and a violation of law. The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these emails will destroy them. We will have no further comment.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #31
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I don't trust Hussein's ties either...
Now, this is just over the top. They're Mavericks colors for crying out loud..

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #32
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Keep it classy democrats. Just don't understand how someone supports a politician who is supported by these type of people.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../09/021541.php
first, you have no basis of knowledge to know who hacked the account. could have been anarchist, or people not affiliated with any candidate.

second, let's not color the candidate by actions of those who may support them. after all, bush counted bryan doyle among his circle.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #33
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
If that's your rational for not voting for someone, then so be it. But it's still the same as saying I'm not going to buy the iPhone, since last week I saw a Nazi buy it. Or saying I hate my daughter, since she's with that boy who once was went to prison for bla bla...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

At least someone has found a valid reason to vote for some of these guys. []

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 09-17-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #34
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

Yes, Obama apparently wears Mavericks colors, but John McCain IS a Maverick

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
If that's your rational for not voting for someone, then so be it. But it's still the same as saying I'm not going to buy the iPhone, since last week I saw a Nazi buy it. Or saying I hate my daughter, since she's with that boy who once was went to prison for bla bla...

At least someone has found a valid reason to vote for some of these guys. []
Not voting for a candidate who willfully supports suppression of speech sounds like a pretty decent reason to me.

Please post the links where McCain's campaign has promoted the shouting down of dissentors. It's NOTHING like that, as it came directly from Obama's campaign.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

Nice to see the Obama campaign print some retractions. Note the page1 stories.

Quote:
While the media diligently fact checks everything Sarah Palin says — fair enough — it’s interesting to see when the media gets its own facts wrong about Sarah Palin.

Consider today’s Washington Post corrections box: a rare double-correction for one subject matter.

This:

CORRECTIONS: A Sept. 7 Page One article incorrectly identified a mother and daughter who were in the maternity ward at Mat-Su Regional Medical Center at the same time Sarah Palin was there delivering her baby, Trig. The mother is Jennifer Krueger of Wasilla, Alaska, who gave birth to daughter Haylee Davison.

And this:

CLARIFICATION: A Sept. 12 Page One article quoted Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin as telling a brigade of Iraq-bound soldiers that they would “defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans.” The report linked Palin’s comments with the idea that Saddam Hussein was connected to the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. Tracey Schmitt, a spokeswoman for the McCain-Palin campaign, said Palin was referring to al-Qaeda in Iraq, a terror group that formed after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003 and claims to be allied with the global al-Qaeda organization.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #37
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Or saying I hate my daughter, since she's with that boy who once was went to prison for bla bla...
would you want your daughter hanging out with the guy who's friends keep getting sent to prison?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Or saying I hate my daughter, since she's with that boy who once was went to prison for bla bla...
I wouldn't expect you to hate your daughter, but you might not trust her with the keys to the house if she hung around with theives, yaknow.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Keep it classy Barack.. Has it really come to this, a presidential CANDIDATE is going to put out ads like this? Chicago Politics...you betcha.

Not from koskids, not from moveon.com...from Obama's campaign itself. You really want this guy president?

He's now playing a different race card. Yuck.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../09/021545.php
Quote:
Barack Obama's thuggish campaign has exceeded itself with a Spanish-language ad that is dishonest at several levels. ABC's Jake Tapper blows the whistle:

Sen. Barack Obama has launched a new Spanish-language TV ad that seeks to paint Sen. John McCain as anti-immigrant, even tying the Republican to his longtime conservative talk-radio nemesis Rush Limbaugh.

As first reported by the Washington Post, Obama's ad features a narrator saying: "They want us to forget the insults we've put up with...the intolerance...they made us feel marginalized in this country we love so much."

The screen then shows these two quotes from Limbaugh:

"...stupid and unskilled Mexicans."
--Rush Limbaugh

"You shut your mouth or you get out!"
--Rush Limbaugh

The narrator then says, "John McCain and his Republican friends have two faces. One that says lies just to get our vote...and another, even worse, that continues the policies of George Bush that put special interests ahead of working families. John McCain...more of the same old Republican tricks."

I don't think I've ever seen a more deeply contemptible political ad. Apart from the fact that the ad slanders Rush Limbaugh--the second statement, for example, describes Mexico's immigration policy--Limbaugh and McCain were opponents on the subject of immigration.

McCain's stance on immigration, more than anything else, alienated him from his party's conservative base, precisely because he put the interests of illegal immigrants ahead of a commitment to enforce our laws. McCain's position on illegal immigration, rightly or wrongly, is the opposite of Limbaugh's--as, for that matter, is that of President Bush, whom the ad casually maligns.

In the mainstream media, the last week has been consumed by tut-tutting over the supposed "lies" perpetrated by two McCain ads--which, however, were inconveniently true. It will be interesting to see how liberal pundits react to what must be the most dishonest, racist and hateful campaign ad published in many years.

Last edited by dude1394; 09-17-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #40
Mavdog
Diamond Member

I've seen "a more deeply contemptible ad"...do you want to watch it?

mccain ad on "comphrehensive sex education" lie

so, as the saying goes, people in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

anyone attempting to portray the obama camp as the only ones engaged in low blow ads need to open their eyes. this particular ad, as was the one about the lipstick and the pig, are completely dishonest.

rather than whining about the dems, be fair and complain about both campaigns crossing the line that they both publicly said they would not do.

Tags
barack obama, hussein, hussein addiction, hussein in the membrane, hussein the terrorist