Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2001, 09:38 AM   #121
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

That's why Cuban should try to get in on a three team trade once Webber gets ready to get out of there.
Old 05-19-2001, 09:00 AM   #122
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

get rid of howard, however you can
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 09:08 AM   #123
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

A sign and trade for Webber included with a three way deal involving Juwan might be good for the Mavs. I don't particulary want Webber, but the other team could send us something juicy.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 09:23 AM   #124
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if the mavs had a package that included finley for webber, what would the mavs do, move dirk to two guard?
i would hate to see the mavs do something like getting rid of finley without someone to step into the 2 spot that could score some points
Old 05-19-2001, 09:25 AM   #125
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

How did Finley get in this?
Old 05-19-2001, 10:06 AM   #126
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I seriously doubt that Juwan will be included in any trade this offseason. His salary is just too huge for any team other than the Mavs to take on.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 10:20 AM   #127
MFFL
Guru

I agree with Madape. The only players who have comparable salaries to Juwan are superstars and busts like Kemp and Coleman. The first group of players won't be traded and we don't want the second group.
Old 05-20-2001, 08:55 AM   #128
Murphy3
Guru

no other team would make that mistake of taking on his salary
Old 05-20-2001, 10:10 AM   #129
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I may be the only Derrick Coleman fan in the world. In my opinion his game is exactly what the Mavs need. He is a strong inside presense that can score and rebound very well. He is a much better individual defender that Howard is. Of course the problem with him is his attitude. I don't know if the Mavs can risk having a guy like him in the locker room.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 02:00 AM   #130
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I don't know- the Hornets' record is much better without Coleman than it is with him playing,
Old 05-21-2001, 09:09 AM   #131
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Madape, I agree with you, but the only difference with Juwan and Coleman is Juwan atleast stays healthy. Coleman will play for you for 12 games and play well, then disappear for another 30. However he's more talented than Juwan, even out of shape he is.
Old 05-26-2001, 10:25 PM   #132
MFFL
Guru

I was trying to trade Trent on Real GM and I found out something I did not know. We can't trade the rights to Trent until July 1st. No free agent can be signed or traded before then. So we have to go into the draft without any trading material. Rats.
Old 05-27-2001, 02:35 AM   #133
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I knew you couldn't trade or sign free agents before July 1st but that doesn't mean we don't have trading material for the draft. It's limited, that's for sure but can be done. On another board, there's been talk of another trade with Boston. The kicker, of course, is taking on Kenny Anderson's contract. There will have to be other things involved but the jist is sending them Eisley, a 2nd round or both picks for there #19 pick and something else for us like Jerome Moiso or Tony Battie.

I would send them Eisley and a 2nd round pick (would we have to send both?) plus Cuban's automatic $3 million for the #19 and Jerome Moiso and maybe some other scrub like Walter McCarty?
Old 05-27-2001, 02:51 AM   #134
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Another typo...They were talking of sending Bradley and Eisley for Anderson, #10 pick, Moiso and Battie.

Im sure Dallas could do it without Bradley but wouldn't get the 10th pick, maybe the 11th? but most likely the 22nd pick. Which is fine with me.

They weren't thinking adding Bradley because he wouldn't agree to that one. But, I think sending them Eisley, a 2nd rounder(or both) and $3 million could easliy get us the 22nd pick but they would have to send Moiso. Could it get us the 11th pick since they would still have the 10th and 22nd?
Old 05-27-2001, 02:51 AM   #135
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Another typo...They were talking of sending Bradley and Eisley for Anderson, #10 pick, Moiso and Battie.

Im sure Dallas could do it without Bradley but wouldn't get the 10th pick, maybe the 11th? but most likely the 22nd pick. Which is fine with me.

They weren't thinking adding Bradley because he wouldn't agree to that one. But, I think sending them Eisley, a 2nd rounder(or both) and $3 million could easliy get us the 22nd pick but they would have to send Moiso. Could it get us the 11th pick since they would still have the 10th and 22nd?
Old 05-27-2001, 02:55 AM   #136
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Sorry for the double post (not to mention typos like the #19 pick-not sure what I did there), it's late and I've had a few Bloody Mary's.

I think this trade can be worked out...Im going to try it again.

We send them Eisley, a 2nd rounder or two and the $3 million.

They send us Anderson and Moiso and one of there picks, either the 11th or 22nd.

What do you think?
Old 05-27-2001, 03:34 AM   #137
scooterj5
Golden Member

Kenny Anderson? yuckkkk. Bradley is too important to trade away for a pick and those players.
Old 05-27-2001, 08:53 AM   #138
MFFL
Guru

scooter - she accidentally typed in Bradley. Since Bradley is a free agent, we can't trade him until July 1st.
Old 05-27-2001, 10:28 PM   #139
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Giving up Eisley, a 2nd round pick or both and $3 million cash for Anderson, Moiso and either the 11th or 22nd (most likely) pick is a pretty good deal to me.

I think Anderson can handle 15-20 minutes a game but his contract is something to keep in mind, but that doesn't seem to bother Cuban much.

Moiso would help forget getting rid of Etan Thomas without seeing him play a game imo. He may not play much next season but could be a future thing or used in another trade down the line.

I think if we did this trade, Cuban and Nelson would push for the 11th pick and Boston would need to show appreciation to us for taking Anderson's contract off their hands. That would leave them the 10th and 22nd pick, it's not like we would be stripping them of picks or something.

We would still have Trent to trade for a player or 2 depending on the team, probably not big players but we would be getting something.

Plus, that would still leave us the exception to go after a player or 2.
Old 05-27-2001, 10:34 PM   #140
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MFFL, I forgot to tell you that we can't sign Finley, Bradley or any free agent until August 1st. July 1st they become free agents and then you have the month to negotiate with them.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:32 AM   #141
scooterj5
Golden Member

I'm sure that negotiations are always on, I mean Duncan and Hill both suddenly had trips on the first day of negotiations. I guess they got called, packed and left on the same day.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:46 AM   #142
MFFL
Guru

MavsFanFinley - I think the NBA is cutting the period to two weeks this year. They're trying to get the team audits done faster so free agents can be signed quicker.
Old 05-28-2001, 04:30 PM   #143
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Oh, thanks MFFL. I didn't know that about the league wanting to change it to a 2 week period. That's better imo. I think a month is too long and agonizing to wait to see if your player wants to resign or if another player wants to come in.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:40 PM   #144
MFFL
Guru

A month was WAY too long. All the free agents had basically decided where they were going and Aug 1st was a formality.