Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default July 30th Rumors

One Heat target, Warriors swingman Mickael Pietrus, is looking less likely. 'He's not going to take half the mid-level,' said Pietrus' agent, Happy Walters... The Heat has looked at Spanish guard Juan Carlos Navarro, though the Parker deal makes his acquisition less likely.

I am guessing this guy goes back to Golden State.....

According to two league sources, the Washington Wizards last night offered restricted free agent forward Andray Blatche a three-year deal worth about $11 million... One team that had been mentioned in connection with Blatche was Dallas. But the Mavericks, who are over the luxury tax, had not made Blatche an offer as of last night.

I think he would help us but i feel he will take the money and remain a Wizz.

While the Orlando Magic's contract talks with point guard Jameer Nelson have apparently stalled, discussions with veteran big men Chris Webber and P.J. Brown are moving forward.

Orlando is an up and comming team. I like what they are doing. Dallas want's PJ Brown and so does Phx and Orlando. It is reported he want's to play in FL. If i want some sun, more money and to relax, yes i pick Orlando. Do not get me wrong, this team next year makes the playoffs but i don't see them winning a title untill 2 to 3 years minimum. They are headed in the right direction and Brown helps them but if i was Brown, i would want a title. He has one or two years left and this is it. He is pretty good and he is old. I would go to Dallas or Phx if i was him.

Webber, he sucked in Philly and he was good in Detroit. He doesn't have alot longer and him and Brown do not need money. His dad want's him to stay in Detroit but he is looking at Orlando, Dallas and Detroit. If i was him i would go to Detroit or Dallas. Both teams can win a title. Both guys would get alot of playing time here off the bench. Either one.

Although he has no salary-cap room remaining -- only the veteran's minimum of $1.2 million to offer -- Magic General Manager Otis Smith still has his sights set high as he continues working to fill the last two spots on the roster for next season. Smith said Friday that he has been talking with free-agent veterans Chris Webber and P.J. Brown, among others.

Lastly...

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Boston Celtics, who nearly completed a blockbuster Kevin Garnett trade before the June draft, have resurrected those trade talks and are again locked in serious discussions, according to NBA front-office sources.

I feel this trade will happen. McHale and Ainge has sucked and could lose their jobs at any time. Garnett is no good for MN anymore and MN is no good for Garnett anymore. They will not make the playoffs this year with Garnett and they will not make it without him. Get rid of one of the worst contrats ever in a terrible player, Thud Hudson, he sux. Gives up 15 or 20 points on the defensive end and he is very inconsistent on offense. He makes money that a superstar does. Ray Allen, Wally and Pierce will be from 4th to just out of the playoffs with the team now. I would think they could win a 6 to 8 spot. No, no damage in playoffs.

Get Garnett and now you are egit to win the east and now you are going to make the playoffs and be from 1 to the 4th spot in the east. You have a shot at winning the east and you have a shot at a title. Let's all remmber these guys are not spring chickens, so alot depends if any is injured but Allen, Garnett, Pierce and Wally make a good team. In return MN goes young and in maybe 2 to 3 years, like Orlando, they are one of the very best top teams in the NBA with Orlando. Garnett's slary kills them and Hudson's contract kills them. They have some good young players and they can make noise in a few years. Grab you some more great young talent and bargain vets and build for a title in a few years. Keeping Garnett, McHale loses his job, Thud Hudson stays and rides the pine. You do not bring your young guys on and you suck away the next few years and stay just where you are at. Ainge has to do something now, not next month or next year, he is fixing to be gone. Allen was good. Pierce is good. Now give up some of your young talent and draft pix comming and go out for a title now.

Miami bought a title when they bought Shaq, Mourning, Payton, Posey, Williams. You can buy a NBA title in one year or two and yes it is hard but it happens. Pat Riley did it. It does seem they bought the refs also but that is another story, they have the ring. I really like the MN/Celts trade for both teams and feel it will happen. Oh yes, McHale makes Ainge take sucky Thudley also. Take the bad with the good and then Ainge piece a bench together to come in and you have 4 very good players and one of the greatest. Wally and Garnett had their spats but i watched them play and they played good together. Garnett kicked it to him good for open shots and Wally went down into him good also. The scarry thing, all four can really shoot the ball good.

-------------------------------------------------------

These guys jacking us around and playing all teams, we should go out and get the best talent we can buy. The money we have. We need a big man to score but if we screw around and let all sign and no one is left as Brown and Webber screw around, we could get screwed. Brown has had enough time and i would tell him, here it is, let me know in a week or hit the road. The same with Webber and us get the best possible talent we can pick up, no matter the position but i agree we need inside but i hope Bass does big things.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

One rumor seems to hold true with Garnett going to the Celts. I like this for both teams, Boston older and wiser and now very talented. Ray Allen is a great shooter and one of the best pure shooters in the game. Dirk is also. Nash can really shoot also. Then Pierce that can shoot with size and do more. Wally is good and tries hard. Garnett is great and can really shoot the ball.

All i can say, i wish i was the point guard for a team like this. Steve Nash might get 30 ast a night in Boston. Pick a point guard off the street that can atleast dribble and pass pretty good and even if he can't ever make a shot, the media is going to say wow the point guard for Boston this year has got great.

Smush Parker would be a superstar and maybe Thudley Hudson would be if he could not turn the ball over, with passing the ball to Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Wally. Boston needs a big mean center, that will elbow you, push you down and take up all the lane and do all dirty work for these guys. To come in and help them. Danny Ainge has saved Boston and his job.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
KFunk

KFunk will become famous soon enough

Didn't wally get traded to get ray ray
KFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Oh i am not sure. You are right and thanks for bringing that to my attention. I was thinking Boston still had him but he was hurt alot last year. Who will be the other starter with Alen, Garnett and Pierce? Wally's place and their point guard? I haven't watched Boston much in awhile.

It looks like Wally was traded and i still like Allen with Garnett and Pierce but no Wally. I need to go look and see who Seattle has now. Thanks again Kfunk.