Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Rookie Rankings --Summer League 2007

http://www.nba.com/rookies/rankings.html

Impressive shooting by Brooks of Houston. Stuckey and Belinelli will both get time this next year.

Glen Davis finished 4th and was drafted 35...

Davis finished fourth in the NBA Summer League in rebounds, just one board short of averaging a double-double. His 19-point, 14-board performance in the Celtics' final game was one of the best of the summer. But Big Baby still doesn't have a guaranteed spot on the roster, so he's got some work to do.

Durant finished at 9th. I watched alot of his games and first of all he looks like a skinny rail but he showed me he can shoot, is tall, can move and go to the rim. He has long, long range and can lose you as he is fast. This guy needs to bulk up and muscle up more and i think he will be good in the nba. He is streaky but he has the ability, if his shot isn't falling to go inside and dunk on you. I see he has alot of talent.

Another guy we passed on that is going to make it in the nba is named Aaron Gray. I am not sure Faz can make it or hang around. I am pulling for him but i just do not see it. Gray is a 7' center and can score some. Can rebound some. I feel we really wished and stretched and wished Faz could play where Dirk does or at center at times. Like a Van Horn. Van Horn would be a track star compared to Faz and at Van Horn's age now. So i feel we thought Faz could play pf and center, where we thought Davis was smaller and where would we play him and we thought Gray could only play center and Gray can only play center, this is true. So we took a chance on Faz and no it doesn't look good but signing Bass eases the pain.

We still need a guy in the paint that can score. Maybe we are trying for one now.

-----------------------------------------------

A few more tidbits and this was good on Faz and i am pulling for him...

Nick Fazekas (DAL) struggled a bit in Vegas, but he had one of the best games of any rookie in Salt Lake City, scoring 23 points (on 10-of-12) and grabbing seven boards against the Spurs.

Aaron Gray (CHI) saved the best for last, shooting 9-for-10 for 23 points while grabbing nine boards in the Bulls' RMR finale.

Mike Conley (MEM) struggled with his shot, but he made things happen on the floor, averaging 11.4 points, 3.0 boards, 5.2 assists and 1.00 steals for the Grizzlies.

Yi Jianlian (MIL) averaged 12.4 points in Vegas and had the game-winning basket against the Cavs, but he shot just .255 from the field and committed 37 total fouls in five games.

Coby Karl (LAL) probably earned himself a camp invite, shooting .528 from the field, including 8-of-17 from downtown for the Lakers in Vegas.

Spencer Hawes (SAC) put up 16.6 points per game, but his shooting wasn't terrific and he averaged almost four turnovers per contest.

Alando Tucker (PHX) went off for 29 points on 10-of-19 against the Sixers, and had his highest assist total (six) in the same game. Gotta love Suns basketball.

Mike Harris (HOU) was another impressive free agent, averaging 12.6 points and 7.0 boards while shooting .677 from the field for the Rockets in Vegas.

The best free agent rookie of the summer was Otis George (PHX), who averaged 10.4 points and 9.4 boards for the Suns in Vegas.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

A. Brooks did well this summer. Very glad to have him on the rox, despite being surprised when he was selected........but Scola and Butler have calmed that down.......
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote