Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Troy 'T-Hud' Hudson's third CD release sells 78 copies nationwide

You almost have to feel sorry for the guy...

Wolves Watch: Troy Hudson’s Album Sold 78 Copies Nationwide

By Anthony | July 27th, 2007

I guess I was one of 78 people in the US to buy Troy Hudson’s album in its first week. I was also one of 38 people in Minneapolis to buy it.

And relatively speaking, it sold extremely well in the Twin Cities. The album sold four copies in Indianapolis, one copy in Phoenix, and no copies in Huddy’s hometown of Carbondale, Illinois.

If Troy Hudson’s reading this…YOU OWE ME. C’mon…alone, I accounted for 1.3% of your CD sales. And some of those sales have to be credited to my review of the album.

I’m figuring that at least three people bought the CD because of my review. They’re selling for 12 bucks each…I think I should be getting at least 50% of that. T-Hud, you’re on notice. I’ll be expecting a check for 18 dollars by next week.

The big question: What should they do with all the unsold “Undrafted” albums? Hey, I’d be willing to take a few more…I’m running a little short on coasters.

Any Wolves fans hoping T-Hud will accept a reasonable buyout offer can forget about it. If his album had actually been successful, T-Hud might have been more inclined to take a cheap buyout. Now, though, he’s gonna be looking for a big payday in these buyout negotiations…it doesn’t look like he’ll be making too much money in the music industry.

http://mvn.com/nba-timberwolves/2007...n-sold-78-cds/
Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually a pretty big fan of his game -- I think he'd be great in a role where he brings in offensive punch off the bench -- but the music career needs to be put to bed if he wants to be taken seriously...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
... but the music career needs to be put to bed if he wants to be taken seriously...
Agreed... and so should JET
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, T-Hud!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wqhYngxlC...elated&search=

Well at least it isn't as bad as Tony Parker.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:56 AM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

It's not thhhaaaatt bad...

...ok, yeah it is.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:18 AM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

when you dont sell a hundred and your mom buys 20, you know you shouldnt be in music.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:32 AM   #8
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

... i guess everyone needs a hobby.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Read an interesting dissertation on CD sales and newspaper sales. It was with respect to the recent Prince CD giveaway in a london newspaper. I think it was 300+ thousand CDs.

What was interesting was that the guy was saying that older artists (and I guess much,much newer ones) don't get much CD sales. They make their bucks touring. The gist of it was that Newspapers had a huge distribution mechanism and could easily distribute CDs that would provoke interest. The newspaper could jack up ad rates in anticipation and the artist would get a fee (x amount) plus the pub for the cd.

Interesting usage of an existing competitive advantage(newspapers). Unfortunately it was written by a LATimes newspaper writers and supposedly the LATimes shot it down because it was deemed "unseemly" I think. Anyway..those newspapers better get on the ball or they will be one dead puppy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

It's my fault. I burned the cd off the net and sold it in mass quantities for $5 each. Everyone in America has a copy just not legit. Everyone loves them some Hud.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
jmwilliamson

jmwilliamson will become famous soon enough

So he's not only a poor man's Latrell Sprewell, but a poor man's Mystikal to boot!
jmwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Probably because nobody knew about this.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote