Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #121
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Update: 10:10 p.m. central, I'm still stoked as sh*t. Watching Rondo highlights is making me really anxious to see him play. SMH can't believe some people think we're worse off or gave up too much. Here's some recent stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNpBYxUS-Gw

vs. Thunder on Nov. 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OJ6TlPhl3U

vs. Raptors on Nov. 5

obviously highlights only show the good, but his craftiness and vision is on another level.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #122
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

When's the earliest he can play? Has to be Atlanta right? I want him to play against the Spurs so bad haha
Old 12-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #123
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwrdMZnvK1w
Some of the most supernatural passes I've ever seen. Some don't even look real.
#4 is pretty damn wow. Don't remember seeing that one before.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-18-2014 at 11:28 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #124
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Worst guard shooting ever. Spacing the floor is huge for guards. Bye bye Mr. Automatic from the field. Bench just got much weaker.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #125
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post
i gotta say it, im a die hard mavs fan, but when kg rondo and pierce played together i loved it, especially kg and rondo, im a big fan of them both, just cuz this dudes have one big pair of balls and don't give a f*uck but just winning, thats why i love so much this trade, i think this is the best christmas gift for me right now lol
ps... imagine if we could get kg... i'd seriously kiss mark cuban on the mouth
Completely off topic but I'm not sure there's ever been a bigger bitch in nba history than kg. absolutely amazing player but just a huge bitch
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #126
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Worst guard shooting ever. Spacing the floor is huge for guards. Bye bye Mr. Automatic from the field. Bench just got much weaker.
Really?

We lost Nelson who was one of our worst +/- guys and replaced him with an allstar, and 2-time NBA defensive first team

Crowder who I loved, but never played

Wright, who I loved, but couldn't play well against bigs in the West. Wright will be the only guy the team will miss as a player. Crowder will be missed because of his personality more than what he would have contributed.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #127
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

So exciting. I'm supposed to go to bed, it's almost 6 am here, but I just can't. Just reading all the comments and articles. I think it's a great deal. I liked both Wright and Jae, but this had to be done.

I already wonder about next season. Hopefully the same squad. I hope they can work it out in the summer.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 12-18-2014 at 11:55 PM.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #128
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/12/...icks-analysis/
Old 12-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #129
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Really?

We lost Nelson who was one of our worst +/- guys and replaced him with an allstar, and 2-time NBA defensive first team

Crowder who I loved, but never played

Wright, who I loved, but couldn't play well against bigs in the West. Wright will be the only guy the team will miss as a player. Crowder will be missed because of his personality more than what he would have contributed.
Regardless of what Nelson lacked, he still was a 3 point threat. With Rondo, you are playing 4 on 5. Thus Dirk will see more double teams. The spacing on the floor changes. Offense was never our problem. And based on recent years, Rondo's defensive stats have not been good. Wright was the best backup center in the league. Pin pointing a couple bad games to determine he can't play against the best is ridiculous. And having no backup center spells doom. Chandler isn't young anymore. He needs his 16-20 minutes of rest.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:01 AM   #130
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Regardless of what Nelson lacked, he still was a 3 point threat. With Rondo, you are playing 4 on 5. Thus Dirk will see more double teams. The spacing on the floor changes. Offense was never our problem. And based on recent years, Rondo's defensive stats have not been good. Wright was the best backup center in the league. Pin pointing a couple bad games to determine he can't play against the best is ridiculous. And having no backup center spells doom. Chandler isn't young anymore. He needs his 16-20 minutes of rest.
Nelson was the worst pg in the nba. By a lot.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:04 AM   #131
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Nelson was the worst pg in the nba. By a lot.
I liked how he ran our offense. Give him credit for that at least.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #132
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're right he dribbled past half court and passed the ball to Monta really well.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #133
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
No. Good riddance.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:09 AM   #134
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
You're right he dribbled past half court and passed the ball to Monta really well.
I was going to say that he watched Monta run the offense, but you basically said the same thing.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #135
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by Cerberus; 12-19-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #136
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwrdMZnvK1w
Some of the most supernatural passes I've ever seen. Some don't even look real.
That last one
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #137
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be honest, Rondo needs to be better than he has been the past couple of years for this to work. His defense is down and he can't shoot.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #138
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am puzzled by this comment.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #139
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@tim_cato: After Dirk, the longest tenured Maverick is now Ricky Ledo. He was drafted on June 27, 2013.
Whoa.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #140
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Let's be honest, Rondo needs to be better than he has been the past couple of years for this to work. His defense is down and he can't shoot.

Ok. Let's be honest here, without this trade the Mavs would be the #6 or #7 team in the West and get bounced in the first round. There's no guarantee that the Rondo thing is going to work this year (or at all), but Dirk didn't take a pay cut to be part of a #6 or #7 team.

Rondo hasn't had jack to play for and the Celtics franchise put nothing around him. This reminds me of Ellis playing for the Bucks. Let's see what Rondo does in this system, with this cast, this owner and this coach.

If we were sitting at #1 or #2 in the west and we were 5-0 against the top 8 teams, then maybe I'd be nervous about this move. Truth is that we are #6 and 0-5 against the best in the west. That makes me nervous. We did something about it. If it doesn't work out then oh well. It's a risk worth taking. Cuban owes it to Dirk.

If it works out, the only ones that will be nervous are the people that have to play against us.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 12-19-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #141
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I am puzzled by this comment.
We were scoring a ton a game. And he was unselfish. His role was to be a spot up shooter. And he did that. The other players in the starting lineup demand many touches. Thus his role was to give them the ball and spot up. Not sure how that would work with someone as poor of a shooter as Rondo.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #142
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoa.
Like i said, just look at the 12-13 roster...its absolutly amazing. And we even absolutly blew our draft picks the past two years too
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Ok. Let's be honest here, without this trade the Mavs would be the #6 or #7 team in the West and get bounced in the first round. There's no guarantee that the Rondo thing is going to work this year (or at all), but Dirk didn't take a pay cut to be part of a #6 or #7 team.

Rondo hasn't had jack to play for and the Celtics franchise put nothing around him. This reminds me of Ellis playing for the Bucks. Let's see what Rondo does in this system, with this cast, this owner and this coach.

If we were sitting at #1 or #2 in the west and we were 5-0 against the top 8 teams, then maybe I'd be nervous about this move. Truth is that we are #6 and 0-5 against the best in the west. That makes me nervous. We did something about it. If it doesn't work out then oh well. It's a risk worth taking. Cuban owes it to Dirk.

If it works out, the only ones that will be nervous are the people that have to play against us.
I'm not saying that he won't be better ... Just saying that he has to be better for this to work out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #144
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
We were scoring a ton a game. And he was unselfish. His role was to be a spot up shooter. And he did that. The other players in the starting lineup demand many touches. Thus his role was to give them the ball and spot up. Not sure how that would work with someone as poor of a shooter as Rondo.
We're still going to score a ton and Rondo is as unselfish as they get. He might be the only guy in the league who has more assists than shot attempts.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-19-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #145
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
We were scoring a ton a game.
No thanks to Jameer.
Quote:
And he was unselfish.
He pressed way too much in his time out there.
Quote:
His role was to be a spot up shooter.
Cause he sucked at everything else.
Quote:
And he did that.
To the broken tune of 50% true shooting.
Quote:
The other players in the starting lineup demand many touches.
Which made sense, seeing as how they're better than Jameer with the ball in their hands.
Quote:
Thus his role was to give them the ball and spot up.
Which isn't really what I would call running the team.
Quote:
Not sure how that would work with someone as poor of a shooter as Rondo.
One of a number of reasons that Rondo is unlikely to be assigned the task of simply giving the other guys the ball and waiting around to spot up.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #146
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Rondo and Dirk and Kidd

I've read a lot of Rondo hate in the wake of this trade, especially in regard to his free throw % and 3 pt %. I can't forget what he did to get the Celtics to two championship games--the same Dirk has gotten to, with the same result--he won one and lost one. He actually is a champion, revered by Celtics fans in much the same way Dirk is revered by Mavs fans. If you have watched him play, you know he has the heart of a champion. That's important. Do you remember Kidd making it to the finals twice as a Net and losing? Obviously that was before the Mavs. Anyone can recognize, though, that Nets wouldn't have made it that far without his leadership. None doubted Kidd's drive and potential before he finally won a championship with the Mavs. Rondo has a "je ne sais quoi". It's what is commonly called an "intangible" in sports. You know it's there. Rondo is a "floor general" in the right way at both ends of the court. He makes his "team" better by his decision making, his effort, and leadership. Put it this way, regardless of record, who would you rather have on the floor with 2 minutes left in a playoff game, Rondo, or any combination of Wright, Crowder, or Nelson? I predict we will all watch in awe not a few playoff games where Rondo's impact is written all over the court.
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:59 AM   #147
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
What a gross overpay. We just gave Boston twice Rondo's market value despite him being a terrible fit. Feel sick to my stomach.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #148
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
No thanks to Jameer.

He pressed way too much in his time out there.

Cause he sucked at everything else.

To the broken tune of 50% true shooting.

Which made sense, seeing as how they're better than Jameer with the ball in their hands.

Which isn't really what I would call running the team.

One of a number of reasons that Rondo is unlikely to be assigned the task of simply giving the other guys the ball and waiting around to spot up.
Well Parsons and Ellis hope he isn't dominating the ball too much. They don't want to be spot up shooters. They want to be the playmakers.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:13 AM   #149
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well Parsons and Ellis hope he isn't dominating the ball too much. They don't want to be spot up shooters. They want to be the playmakers.
Perhaps you didn't catch Parsons comments on the trade from the interview he gave today. He didn't come off as particularly concerned about that.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #150
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Perhaps you didn't catch Parsons comments on the trade from the interview he gave today. He didn't come off as particularly concerned about that.
Parsons has already mentioned that he is better as a playmaker than a spot up shooter. Mainly because he can see over defenses with his height. Of course he will support the trade. He has to.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #151
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
The is my nominee for Post of the Year.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #152
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Yes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Rondo also has attitude. This video shows some immaturity, but the Heat stuff is pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM3Vzd_DAO0
I love me some Van Exel, DeShawn Stevenson, Stackhouse, and Jet....

Last edited by buddha08; 12-19-2014 at 01:26 AM.
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:45 AM   #153
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Parsons has already mentioned that he is better as a playmaker than a spot up shooter. Mainly because he can see over defenses with his height. Of course he will support the trade. He has to.
So, no, I guess you didn't see his comments.

Anyway, Parsons won't be asked to be a simple spot-up shooter any more than Jameer was asked to run the team. CP's off-ball movement will probably become a more important component in his recipe for success, but he's a good cutter and Dallas just acquired the best passer in the game, so I for one am looking forward to it. Certainly playing that way won't preclude Parsons from doing what he does best when he does have the ball in his hands. Same goes for Monta. These guys aren't ball-hogging iso players. They're versatile, intelligent basketball players who've demonstrated an ability to thrive in Dallas' system playing off the skill and the attention that their highly capable teammates command. I fully expect that to continue.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-19-2014 at 01:48 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:22 AM   #154
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They all trust rick to get it straight or burn rondo to the ground if need be.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:27 AM   #155
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Alright I'm on board. Should be some interesting games coming up.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:08 AM   #156
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Couple months ago I said that Donnine Nelson is a pice of sh!it. Now I would like to sorry for my harsh words. Rondo deal shows that this guy knows how to do the business. I am very happy that Rajan Rondo is now part of ours team. Of course the Dallas Mavericks is not a contender team yet but we are close. With Rondo this team will be better . The one and only guy i will miss is Brandon Wright . It is sad that he left us.

Rondo,Ellis,Parsons,Dirk,Chandler it is impress starting five. WOW

Go Mavs!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by 41mvp; 12-19-2014 at 03:08 AM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:29 AM   #157
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

There is really not much to dislike here.

I hate seeing Wright/Crowder go, but even though our bench got much weaker, the upgrade Rondo provides on both ends of the floor far outweighs that. I was kinda wondering why we brought in that many PGs before the season, maybe they anticipated/planned this move.

Last edited by j0Shi; 12-19-2014 at 03:30 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:40 AM   #158
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The more I think about this deal, the more I'm amazed how some people see this as some huge risk for the Mavs. For a major upgrade at our weakest position, this is about the lowest risk move I can think of. Even if Rondo completely flops, it's not like we're stuck with him. We just let him walk in the offseason and with the money we save we can chase whoever else we want. Worst cast scenario, we're right back where we were before the trade anyway, at least as far as PG is concerned. And we weren't legit title contenders anyway, so what do we really have to lose here?

Losing Wright is a bummer, but let's not act like he's the difference between being a championship contender and not being one. And we're in "win now" mode, draft picks really don't do us any good. The only major downside I see here is that if Rondo doesn't pan out, we don't have much to work with in the way of trade assets, but such is the case with pretty much any major trade. Throw in the added possibility that we may re-acquire Wright in the offseason, and it becomes clear that the Mavs are taking pretty minimal risks here.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:43 AM   #159
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
There is really not much to dislike here.

I hate seeing Wright/Crowder go, but even though our bench got much weaker, the upgrade Rondo provides on both ends of the floor far outweighs that. I was kinda wondering why we brought in that many PGs before the season, maybe they anticipated/planned this move.
I don't know if they were specifically anticipating this move, but they had to be anticipating making a move for a starting PG, and Rondo was almost at or near the top their list of potential targets.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:03 AM   #160
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Jae's defense, but we can get that from Aminu, who also has better skills on the break. I like Wright, but did you notice how, when we play the top teams, they defend the lobs and easy buckets he gets against lesser teams? I think he had 4 points in the loss to Miami and 7 against Golden State. Come playoff time, we couldn't count on his scoring. I expect he'll clean up against the weak sisters of the East.

I had high hopes for Nelson, and in the last few games, he'd started to dribble less and hit a few more 3's. But he was not an asset on either end of the court.

With Rondo, I expect the offense to run more smoothly. He won't be looking for his shot, so no more wasted possessions where Nelson dribbles around then hoists a three. I expect him to come in here inspired, happy to get out of that mess in Massachusetts. I expect him get the ball to Dirk where he wants it, and to play harder on a team that has a chance to win every night. And even if his defense is only 75% of what it once was, that's probably double what we get from any guard not named Harris.

I expect a lot. Can't wait to see what we'll get.

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat