Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-22-2022, 06:16 PM   #1
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well this hurts the Mavs because now Detroit can offer Brunson whatever he wants. And if the Knicks shed salary, which they likely will, then you have two suitors driving up the price.

I feel I've been one of the only people who think Brunson gets 30 million a year. I said it months ago comparing it to the fact that Lowry got 30 million a year and is now significantly worse. If Detroit or NY offer him 30, then the Mavs have to offer him that. It's that simple.
But does JB really want to go to one of those dumpster fires of a franchise? I think he prioritizes winning, but I guess that might depend how big of a gap Cuban throws at him.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:19 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
But does JB really want to go to one of those dumpster fires of a franchise? I think he prioritizes winning, but I guess that might depend how big of a gap Cuban throws at him.
Stein said the Knicks are a threat to get him if they can clear the space. As long as the Mavs match, then he'll stay. But don't pull some bs with the money.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:58 PM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Shams Charania: Sources: Kevin Durant is monitoring the Brooklyn Nets? situation and considering options with his future. This now opens the path for Kyrie Irving to proceed on finding a new home via opt-in and trade. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania

Lol Ben Simmons going to be all by himself.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:55 PM   #4
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Kemba Walker and the Pistons are expected to discuss a contract buyout that will allow him to become a free agent, sources tell ESPN. Walker landed with Detroit as part of three-way trade with Charlotte and New York. 38 seconds ago ? via Twitter wojespn

Marc Stein: The Knicks figure to make at least one more move to continue creating salary-cap space ? full speed ahead on their bid to try to pry Jalen Brunson away from the Mavericks. 7 mins ago ? via Twitter TheSteinLine
Old 06-27-2022, 01:26 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bold prediction or not, but I'm just going to go ahead and say that this KD-Kyrie Nets team will fail. They might be a good team, and they might make some noise in the playoffs in the East, but I don't think they'll be real title contenders. I think KD will be noticeably diminished, and Kyrie is perpetual injury case and locker-room headache. Both guys seem like malcontents by nature. I think they will be one of those teams that shows flashes of brilliance, even dominance, but always disappoints in the end, and then breaks up after anywhere from 2-4 years. (KD and Kyrie can both opt out in 2023.)
Gonna take a moment to brag about calling this from the beginning. The Nets are on the verge of imploding. They could lose both Kyrie and KD this offseason.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:51 PM   #6
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
? 14m
Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving is opting into his $37 million player option for the 2022-23 season, @TheAthletic @Stadium has learned. Irving is bypassing on multiple opt-in and trade scenarios to fulfill his four-year commitment to the Nets and Kevin Durant.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:57 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO Nets totally called his bluff. That guy is such a joke.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
LMAO Nets totally called his bluff. That guy is such a joke.
Honestly, has there ever been a bigger headcase in the history of the NBA, as far as a borderline superstar goes? Because I can't think of one. I was arguing with some fellow Mavs fans on reddit a few days ago whether or not it would be worth it to sign and trade Brunson for Kyrie. I said not only no, but hell no. I wouldn't take Kyrie for the vet min. I don't care how talented he is, he brings chaos and dysfunction with him everywhere he goes. If he wasn't such a cancer, he probably would have multiple titles. He might have won another title with Lebron if he hadn't been too egotistical to accept the sidekick role. And if he was actually capable of being the leader of a team, he might have won multiple titles with the Celtics. That team was and is absolutely loaded. But they were chronically miserable underachievers when he was there, and low and behold, they became instant contenders again the moment he left.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:20 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Honestly, has there ever been a bigger headcase in the history of the NBA, as far as a borderline superstar goes? Because I can't think of one. I was arguing with some fellow Mavs fans on reddit a few days ago whether or not it would be worth it to sign and trade Brunson for Kyrie. I said not only no, but hell no. I wouldn't take Kyrie for the vet min. I don't care how talented he is, he brings chaos and dysfunction with him everywhere he goes. If he wasn't such a cancer, he probably would have multiple titles. He might have won another title with Lebron if he hadn't been too egotistical to accept the sidekick role. And if he was actually capable of being the leader of a team, he might have won multiple titles with the Celtics. That team was and is absolutely loaded. But they were chronically miserable underachievers when he was there, and low and behold, they became instant contenders again the moment he left.
Well he hasn't demonstrated that he wants to play NBA basketball anymore. You saw it in the playoffs that it looked like he was being forced to play.

I give big props to Brooklyn for holding their ground against this guy for a while now especially through the anti-vax stuff. He is a typical mindless contrarian narcissist that thinks he is changing the world by being stupid.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:38 PM   #10
BPo001
Diamond Member

John Wall's strange tenure with the Houston Rockets is coming to an end.

The Rockets have agreed to a buyout of the final year of Wall's massive contract, sources told Yahoo Sports, paving the way for the five-time All-Star to resurrect his career with a competitive team.

Wall?s agent Rich Paul, CEO of Klutch Sports, is meeting with Rockets general manager Rafael Stone on Tuesday to finalize the terms, sources said.

It expected Wall will give back approximately $7 million in salary to hit the open market, sources said. He had a $47.4 million player option for the upcoming season.

He will automatically become one of the top free agents in the 2022 class.

???
And Wall intends to sign with the Clippers. Is tampering a thing? Would this be considered tampering? Free agency hasn?t started, but he already knows where he is going to sign?

Last edited by BPo001; 06-27-2022 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #11
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
John Wall's strange tenure with the Houston Rockets is coming to an end.

The Rockets have agreed to a buyout of the final year of Wall's massive contract, sources told Yahoo Sports, paving the way for the five-time All-Star to resurrect his career with a competitive team.

Wall?s agent Rich Paul, CEO of Klutch Sports, is meeting with Rockets general manager Rafael Stone on Tuesday to finalize the terms, sources said.

It expected Wall will give back approximately $7 million in salary to hit the open market, sources said. He had a $47.4 million player option for the upcoming season.

He will automatically become one of the top free agents in the 2022 class.

???
And Wall intends to sign with the Clippers. Is tampering a thing? Would this be considered tampering? Free agency hasn?t started, but he already knows where he is going to sign?
NBA doesn't give a fuck about tampering. Something the previous FO seemed to always get caught off guard for some reason, whether real or not. Just seemed they always started behind the 8 ball.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:19 AM   #12
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: Los Angeles Lakers star Russell Westbrook is planning to exercise his $47.1 million option to return to the franchise for the 2022-2023 season. ? via Twitter wojespn
Old 06-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #13
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: Los Angeles Lakers star Russell Westbrook is planning to exercise his $47.1 million option to return to the franchise for the 2022-2023 season. ? via Twitter wojespn
What a tough, bold decision by Russ. Same with Kyrie lol to anyone who thought he'd turn $37MM down to take $6MM from the Lakers
Old 06-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Apparently Kyrie to the Lakers is still a possibility with both sides showing "heavy" interest. This is hilarious to me because I assume this means the Nets are just giving up and planning to blow it up and trade KD. Because they would have to take Westbrook to for Kyrie and there is no way in hell KD wants to play with Westbrook again.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:15 PM   #15
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Apparently Kyrie to the Lakers is still a possibility with both sides showing "heavy" interest. This is hilarious to me because I assume this means the Nets are just giving up and planning to blow it up and trade KD. Because they would have to take Westbrook to for Kyrie and there is no way in hell KD wants to play with Westbrook again.
I read yesterday that Kyrie was opting in. So Lakers would have to trade for him. There's little value outside of Lebron and AD who they aren't trading. I will go out on a limb and say it won't be Russ lol.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-28-2022 at 06:16 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:44 PM   #16
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: Boston Celtics assistant Will Hardy is closing in on deal to become the next head coach of the Utah Jazz, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 06-29-2022, 09:57 AM   #17
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Washington is finalizing a trade to acquire Denver?s Will Barton and Monte Morris for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ish Smith, sources tell ESPN. Yossi Gozlan: Wizards need to throw in another small salary to have this trade executed before the end of June. Doing so would allow Denver to generate a $15.6M trade exception by sliding Ish Smith into the $8.2M JaMychal Green trade exception. Nuggets are just $1M under tax with 11 players. Wizards will be roughly $11M below the tax with 12 players assuming they re-sign Bradley Beal to a maximum contract. ? via Twitter YossiGozlan
Old 06-29-2022, 04:18 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

@wojespn
? 1m
The Atlanta Hawks are trading Danilo Gallinari and multiple first-round picks to the San Antonio Spurs for All-Star guard Dejounte Murray, sources tell ESPN.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #19
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
@wojespn
? 1m
The Atlanta Hawks are trading Danilo Gallinari and multiple first-round picks to the San Antonio Spurs for All-Star guard Dejounte Murray, sources tell ESPN.
Curious move by the Spurs, thought Murray could be a building block for them...
Old 06-29-2022, 06:08 PM   #20
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I wonder if this opens the door to a Pop retirement.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:17 PM   #21
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I wonder if this opens the door to a Pop retirement.
Doesn't seem to be the case.

Mike Finger: Can report that Gregg Popovich gave his official blessing to the Murray trade and ? while nothing is guaranteed, obviously ? he?s completely on board with coaching a bunch of kids next season. As a team source just told me, he?s excited, ?like he?s back at Pomona-Pitzer.?
Old 06-29-2022, 07:00 PM   #22
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Only way it makes sense is if he told them he no longer wanted to play for them. Otherwise, Hawks just got Murray for what seems like nothing.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:05 PM   #23
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Only way it makes sense is if he told them he no longer wanted to play for them. Otherwise, Hawks just got Murray for what seems like nothing.
3 unprotected 1sts and a pick swap is hardly nothing. More than what Jrue Holiday was traded for I think.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:48 PM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
3 unprotected 1sts and a pick swap is hardly nothing. More than what Jrue Holiday was traded for I think.
Yeah that's a long way from nothing. That's actually a pretty good haul for a player of his caliber. We've seen superstars traded for less.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:57 PM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
What good is a late 1st round pick? Teams give up late 1st rounders. You can trade up and get a early 2nd or late 1st rounder. I just don't value late 1st rounders.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:21 PM   #26
JustJay

Talkin? NBA: Woj says the Atlanta Hawks are ?not done dealing yet? Says John Collins may still be on the move.
Source: Twitter @_Talkin_NBA
Old 06-29-2022, 11:47 PM   #27
saclare
Platinum Member

Miles Bridges arrested on felony domestic violence, in LA of all places. That's...not great timing for the kid as he seeks max from Charlotte. Interested in how that plays out, def not jumping to the guilty before proven innocent side, but the Hornets might have to...
Old 06-30-2022, 07:32 AM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Miles Bridges arrested on felony domestic violence, in LA of all places. That's...not great timing for the kid as he seeks max from Charlotte. Interested in how that plays out, def not jumping to the guilty before proven innocent side, but the Hornets might have to...
Same dude that took a selfie with a glass of lean

Also Montrezl arrested with pounds of weed which is a felony there

New Jailblazers?
Old 06-30-2022, 07:48 AM   #29
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Speaking via ESPN, Windhorst said Monday: ?Let?s take a look at Miles Bridges. He?s not being offered, from what I?m told, a max contract from the Charlotte Hornets right now. So, he?s going to go out into the market place, starting on Thursday or Friday, and see if he can get that offer from somewhere else.? 2 days ago ? via Karl Rasmussen @ Clutch Points

Well doesn?t look like Charlotte is giving him a max deal. After his current timeline I don?t think anyone will. 20/7 guy which is by far his best season. Does everything think they deserve a max deal after they ball out in a contract year?
Old 06-30-2022, 08:17 AM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

One good year (contract)
Beat a woman until she was hospitalized and fled the scene
Took selfies on instagram with a joint and a cup of lean

I?d say there?s a good chance he starts free agency with one voicemail and it?s his lawyer
Old 06-30-2022, 02:06 PM   #31
JustJay

Shams Charania: Utah is trading Royce O?Neale to Brooklyn for a first-round pick, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium .
Old 06-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #32
JustJay

Blake Griffin is headed back to L.A. but it's not confirmed which L.A. team.

Jake Fischer on Blake Griffin: It sounds like he?s not going back to Brooklyn. It sounds like he?s gonna go to Los Angeles. The Clippers would be pretty weird, funny, silly outcome with the whole exit there. So I mean, the Lakers would make more sense in that regard. But I honestly I can?t tell you which one seems more likely.
Source: Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com
Old 06-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #33
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Ugh, KD requests a trade and lists Suns and Heats as preferred destinations. Here's hoping he stays in the East.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:51 PM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a bold prediction or not, but I'm just going to go ahead and say that this KD-Kyrie Nets team will fail. They might be a good team, and they might make some noise in the playoffs in the East, but I don't think they'll be real title contenders. I think KD will be noticeably diminished, and Kyrie is perpetual injury case and locker-room headache. Both guys seem like malcontents by nature. I think they will be one of those teams that shows flashes of brilliance, even dominance, but always disappoints in the end, and then breaks up after anywhere from 2-4 years. (KD and Kyrie can both opt out in 2023.)
Man, this I had no idea how right I was. I figured the team would fail, but I didn't imagine it would blow up this spectacularly. I never could have imagined Kyrie sitting out half the season over anti-vaxx bullshit, or trading for James Harden and then turning around and trading Harden for Ben Simmons, who looks like will probably never even play a single game with either KD or Kyrie.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:50 AM   #35
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done spiral.

Feels like we say this every year, but the west is going to be an absolute blood bath with Portland and New Orleans coming up. If the Lakers get Kyrie we might see a 50 win 7/8 seed.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:41 AM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/GeraldBourguet/s...z0fnltRtAAjScw
Old 07-01-2022, 08:48 AM   #37
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lock his ass up.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:30 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Miles Bridges loses his qualifying offer
Old 07-02-2022, 11:25 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Good lord I want to see Westbrook and Simmons together playing hot potato for who has to shoot it
Old 07-03-2022, 07:12 AM   #40
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Good lord I want to see Westbrook and Simmons together playing hot potato for who has to shoot it
If only Russ were averse to shooting threes instead of shamelessly chucking them.