Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2001, 03:52 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

my personal wishlist includes:
1)an inside defensive presence, whether it's a davis or harvey maturing
2)a backup guard, strick would be nice
3)seeing some return from the young developing players, such as najera, harvey, and wang.
4)booth adding some bulk
5)dirk working on his offensive game with his back to the basket. could you imagine a 7 footer that can post you up, hit the turn around fadeaway, drive, hit the mid range jumper, and hit the three? dirk needs to work on his low post moves
6)finley getting more time at the point when nash isn't in the game. this is where having an additional backup guard that can play will help. nash can go out of the game and you can move finley to point and have eisley or another guard come in and play the two.

any other suggestions?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2001, 04:08 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hey murph. I was listening to Nellie this morning. He was asked is Strick was coming back. Nellie said Strick would like to come back, but there's not a role for him on the team. He also said that Finley cannot dribble the ball very well, thus Point Finley will not be effective.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 04:09 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If Buck can stay healthy and Eisley isn't traded, then Stick would just be stuck on the bench. I'd love to see him back in BigD, but only if he's willing to earn and accept his role.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 04:10 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, well, he runs the point position quite a bit as it is, but scratch the finley as a point off of the list.
i guess with eisley's contract, they are stuck with him whether he performs or not.
but i don't see why strick wouldn't have a place.
he could take the roster spot that maxwell has, but i guess nellie knows best(kinda)
Old 05-10-2001, 04:11 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

yeah, the mavs are going to have to get some help out of their backup guards...
that's not too much to ask for. buck can play d, maybe he needs to seriously work on his shooting touch this summer
Old 05-10-2001, 04:13 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Strick will have a place, but his mins will take a hit unless Eisley goes into withdrawl again and/or Buck breaks something.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:13 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I think theres room for both Strick and Buck. Strick can back up Finley and Buck can back up Dirk. What's wrong with that?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] There will always be a place for Strick on MY team. I'm just repeating what Nellie said this morning.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:26 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Fin plays 40+ and Dirk plays 35+ mins/gm. Doesn't leave much time at all.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:28 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

you could have strick, eisley, buck, and najera coming off of the bench.
obviously they can't do that.
you would only have 3 roster spots left for wang, harvey, booth, any other draft picks, and anyone that the mavs wanted to bring in via free agency.

some changes would have to be made
Old 05-10-2001, 04:29 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

next year, i see finley's minutes being cut a bit, maybe down to 38 or so,...
that's if the mavs can get some guard play from the bench
Old 05-10-2001, 04:33 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'd like to see Fin's minutes cut too, only problem is Nellie always says he's gonna do it but never does.

Old 05-10-2001, 04:38 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

i know, but the mavs may actually be getting talented enough to where they can, hopefully.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:56 PM   #14
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

As long as Fin is able to keep going at the pace he's going, I don't think that will be a problem. However right now, I'm thinking part of the reason his shooting is so terrible is he's probably tired now. He's never been this far in the playoffs before and it's probably catching up to him.
Old 05-10-2001, 05:11 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Maybe...
dirk and nash played extremely long summers...including ball in the summer,
they need some time away from the grind
Old 05-10-2001, 05:52 PM   #16
MFFL
Guru

I just remembered something else Nellie said. When he was asked about off-season moves, Nellie said "Hold up, we've got a game left this season." I guess even Nellie thinks we are going to get swept.
Old 05-10-2001, 06:25 PM   #17
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

The Mavericks need the Reign Man to come here... he would be the perfect compliment to Bradley's game...

If Big #40 teamed with Big #44, the Mavericks would have the best frontcourt in the league this side of the Spurs...
Old 05-10-2001, 06:27 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

God I hope you're kidding!
Old 05-10-2001, 06:52 PM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Gosh,
I´d like to see a clean Shawn Kemp in a Mavericks uniform.
I always liked the Reign Man!
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 06:59 PM   #20
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

As long as there is a Shaq and a Tim Duncan in the league and they don´t wear a Mavs uni nothing really matters. Perhaps KG or Webber would help, but I don´t think so.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 08:04 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

It will be very improbable for the Mavs to win with Dirk emerging as a superstar. The last 10 years the team that won the NBA championship has had at least one dominant player.
Old 05-10-2001, 08:24 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

So you're saying they won't win? Or did you mean that it IS probable?
Old 05-10-2001, 08:25 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

That Mavinator's a hoot ain't he [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 05-10-2001, 08:26 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

Mavinator, where's Evilmav been lately? Is he THAT depressed the Pacers lost?
Old 05-10-2001, 08:43 PM   #25
MFFL
Guru

It will be very improbable for the Mavs to win withOUT Dirk emerging as a superstar.

Man that was confusing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2001, 08:44 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

Ahh ok that sounds more like MFFL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2001, 09:37 PM   #27
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I'm unclear as to why Evilmav doesn't seem to have internet access, though I've spoken to him on the phone recently... it's unfortunate, because I know he was interested in winning that jersey, and murphy3 is easily on track to pass him if he doesn't start posting again. I'd like to see him back posting here again soon (with both him and madape MIA, I am the only true Bradley fan here), so I'll try and get more information the next time I talk to him...
Old 05-10-2001, 09:49 PM   #28
MFFL
Guru

fidel_castro got my thinking. One of the things I'd like to see the Mavs do for next year is hire a support team AKA Calvin Hill of the Cowboys. Rather than a Leon Smith matter being dealt with by coaches, have a professional available. In that environment Kemp might be successful. The Cowboys have successfully rehabbed a couple of players.
Old 05-10-2001, 09:51 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

There are a lot of free ISP's. There are libraries. Tell Evilmav that he has to get his priorities straight! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2001, 10:58 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

Ape said he was leaving the country for a few weeks so he'll probably be back sometime in the next couple weeks..right when talks of re-signing Bradley should resurface [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2001, 08:21 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

what's the deal with posting and winning a jersey or something?
Old 05-11-2001, 09:54 PM   #32
MFFL
Guru

It looks like you're a sure winner murph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2001, 07:21 AM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

well, can't say i mind winning
did i win already?
Old 05-15-2001, 07:12 PM   #34
Mavinator
Golden Member

Imagine the beauty of this front line.

All it would take would be the acquisition of a certain Ukraine Train...

Vitaly Potapenko to Dallas!
Old 05-15-2001, 07:14 PM   #35
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

lol, NOW you have gone toooo far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Old 05-15-2001, 07:45 PM   #36
Mavinator
Golden Member

"Get me out of this Boston hellhole, Comrade Cuban! I would crush your opponents beneath my bootheel! I am the best jumpshooting center in the NBA! Allow me to shine and make my fatherland proud!"
Old 05-15-2001, 07:47 PM   #37
Mavinator
Golden Member

I'm not kidding now, either. The Train is a great defender and interior enforcer, one of the best offensive rebounders in the NBA, and he is an awesome jumpshooter...
Old 05-15-2001, 07:52 PM   #38
djb
Administrator

And who would you trade to get him here?
Old 05-15-2001, 07:54 PM   #39
Mavinator
Golden Member

I'm not familiar with his salary or contract situation, so I'm not willing to put together a package, but I'd probably be willing to let go of anyone on our bench excluding Buckner or Harvey for him...
Old 05-15-2001, 07:55 PM   #40
djb
Administrator

Try RealGM.