Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #81
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Hmm. I could bet Brian Shaw would have a better understanding at being head coach than Kidd right now.
Agreed. And that's probably the thing working against him, after Avery, PJ, Nets brass has seen the whole dog and pony show. Former assistants, former HC, experience could only milk a 1st round showing. I mean for a team that needs to win yesterday, you'd think a move towards a Larry Brown type is just what the doctor ordered, not a guy that's going to take away more of their core's prime years away.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm betting that Kidd's interest in a HC position parlays him some kind of role in Brooklyn's coaching staff this year...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #83
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Hah. Kidd is officially the coach now. Think I'm calling Vegas to place a bet on when he'll be fired. My money says by February. Nets fans are going to scorn him after every loss.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #84
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad coaching isn't what's wrong with the Nets... Good for Kidd anyway - hopefully he doesn't get blamed for a roster of ill-fitting parts.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #85
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Too bad coaching isn't what's wrong with the Nets... Good for Kidd anyway - hopefully he doesn't get blamed for a roster of ill-fitting parts.
Yeah, this. Even with all the money they spend, they're just a Brook Lopez injury away from being a borderline 7 or 8 seed in the East.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #86
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Kidd will have the wisdom to play Humphries over Evans... it was very bizarre to me that Hump got dropped so far down to the end of the bench last season.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #87
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I wonder if Kidd will have the wisdom to play Humphries over Evans... it was very bizarre to me that Hump got dropped so far down to the end of the bench last season.
I don't know, the guy loves his defense. His predecessors felt they had enough Offense in DWill, Lopez, JJ and Wallace. I think Hump can give the same effort on the boards as well as spot up and hit the 15 footer. Then again as a 12 million expiring, he may be shipped out for another piece.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #88
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

From another board

Quote:
In an side interview with Nets GM Billy King, King said he spoke to Rick Carlisle this morning. And that Rick was going to setup a meeting with Larry Bird and Kidd so that Kidd can pick his brain and hear the challenges he faced as being a head coach with no prior experience.
And that is one of the reasons why Carlisle is awesome. (Although his rotations drove me crazy this year.) Not too many basketball guys would do that.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #89
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
From another board

And that is one of the reasons why Carlisle is awesome. (Although his rotations drove me crazy this year.) Not too many basketball guys would do that.
Class act all the way around. Another bit. Kidd had been keeping a diary of coaching decisions since 2010, he penned what he would have done in certain situations if he disagreed. I think Kidd could find a day job if this coaching thing fails, get that diary printed up, would provide some nice inside info of the Championship season.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #90
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Saw part of the press conference. Apparently Cuban sent Kidd an email with an invitation to come back and work in the FO.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #91
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd on the sidelines next season? That will feel strange for a good chunk of the season.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #92
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I don't know, the guy loves his defense. His predecessors felt they had enough Offense in DWill, Lopez, JJ and Wallace. I think Hump can give the same effort on the boards as well as spot up and hit the 15 footer. Then again as a 12 million expiring, he may be shipped out for another piece.
Reggie Evans is a quintessential "hustle player" who biggest contributions don't show up in the box-score. Outside of Hump's ability to score/ft shooting, Reggie beats him in just about every category.

Back to Kidd:
Can't help to wonder if this situation arose during Kidd last year here with Dallas and continued when he was trying to recruit Deron. Kidd purchased the NY condo before his contract was up.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #93
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Reggie Evans is a quintessential "hustle player" who biggest contributions don't show up in the box-score. Outside of Hump's ability to score/ft shooting, Reggie beats him in just about every category.

Back to Kidd:
Can't help to wonder if this situation arose during Kidd last year here with Dallas and continued when he was trying to recruit Deron. Kidd purchased the NY condo before his contract was up.
Agreed, those screens hit sets are as solid as you can get. I think Kidd's got to take advantage of what he has, rather than changing them into his image....ie making Deron a distributor.

The New York area grew on Kidd during his NJ time. I think he actually bought a house in the Hamptons while still with the Mavs, I want to say before the championship. I think the Knicks were already after him the summer he signed the 3 year 24 million dollar deal with Dallas. So if anything that sort of planted a seed in the back of his head that NY was interested. I think he wanted to go where Deron was going last summer, but NJ brass committed their MLE to Teletovic before even exploring Kidd. In the very least he wanted to make the NY area his retirement home.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #94
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Looks like Brooklyn is retiring his jersey. I kinda wanted the Mavs to do it.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #95
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
There's nothing preventing more than one team retiring the same player's jersey.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #96
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Mavs will do it.....eventually.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #97
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Mavs will do it.....eventually.
You think so? I don't know, I really don't think they will. Terry certainly comes first in that pecking order. And Terry will no doubt get his retired.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #98
Underdog

Quote:
Jason Kidd never played for Brooklyn...

Last edited by Underdog; 09-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #99
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You think so? I don't know, I really don't think they will. Terry certainly comes first in that pecking order. And Terry will no doubt get his retired.
I definitely think they will. The question for me is whether they'd retire #5 or #2. Probably 2 since Bernard James is currently wearing #5.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #100
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

JKidd is going to be the greatest coach ever!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #101
Underdog

Quote:
I definitely think they will. The question for me is whether they'd retire #5 or #2. Probably 2 since Bernard James is currently wearing #5.
He cemented his legacy while wearing #2.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #102
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
It'll be #2, left his legacy with that championship.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #103
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Jason Kidd never played for Brooklyn...
It's more about the franchise. I think the Kings have Oscar's number in the rafters, despite never playing a game in Sacramento. Throw in more confusion what are the Thunder going to do with Gary Payton's number?