Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #41
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Like the Ellis boxscore in both games. Have to download and watch.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #42
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Missed the game, but Ellis with 11 (on 4 for 6) and 8! Dirk shooting 70%! Hell yeah! Let's get this party started. Monday's game will be on 21 locally.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #43
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Hopefully Ellis' performance is a sign that he realizes that he's playing with one of the greatest shooters in NBA history at his side and that he doesn't need to play hero ball, and that he has a coach that he can trust. The Dalembert 17-footer looks good when he makes them, but I'd rather have him block shots and get rebounds. Didn't see anything from Calathes that makes me think we should have signed him. The four-point play by Dirk was a sign of good things to come. His stroke is playoff ready already.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #44
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm sure that Mayo's failure was entirely because of our predictions.

And it's also awful for Mavs fans to be optimistic.
Thanks for putting words in my mouth. That's not being a jackass at all. All I'm saying is to be realistic and temper your expectations. It's only been two preseason games. We've already had fools predicting Dalembert to have a "Chandler-type" impact. Forgive me for wanting a forum where I can get intelligent basketball conversations, and not this knee-jerking bs.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 10-10-2013 at 09:19 AM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #45
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Thanks for putting words in my mouth. That's not being a jackass at all. All I'm saying is to be realistic and temper your expectations. It's only been two preseason games. We've already had fools predicting Dalembert to have a "Chandler-type" impact. Forgive me for wanting a forum where I can get intelligent basketball conversations, and not this knee-jerking bs.
Dalembert isn't going to do anything more than he's done the past 2 years. BTW, that Chandler comparison wasn't from this forum but from the FW Star Telegram (and ridiculous). However, hard not to get excited seeing the Ellis/Dirk thing starting to come together. I think Calderon will perform about how he has the last few years as well. We're going to have an offensive juggernaut. Defense is still the real question and we won't get a solid feel about whether it will be a real liability until the season starts.

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 10-10-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #46
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dude never played a minute in the NBA and is now starting his second game against one of the best defensive teams in the game. I'll give him a little while longer before judging. He's making some rookie mistakes (like leaving his feet before securing a passing lane), but also making some smart passes and getting deflections, etc.
To be fair, neither had Calathes who has looked much sharper in the preseason so far. It will certainly be interesting to see if the Mavs made the right choice there.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
The four-point play by Dirk was a sign of good things to come. His stroke is playoff ready already.
Dirk = Hulk

"The trick is, I'm always angry."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #48
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

In his first two games Ellis created more open shots than Mayo and Collison combined. Chemistry and time is so overrated. It's all about BBIQ and skills. Good players can play "together" from day one.

Calderon
Ellis
Dirk

Should be fun to watch.

Last edited by markus1234; 10-10-2013 at 10:20 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
In his first two games Ellis created more open shots than Mayo and Collison combined. Chemistry and time is so overrated. It's all about BBIQ and skills. Good players can play "together" from day one.

Calderon
Ellis
Dirk

Should be fun to watch.
I respectfully disagree. It's complicated.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #50
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

OK. Chemistry and time is important. But still overrated.

Last edited by markus1234; 10-10-2013 at 12:21 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #51
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Quote:
Can we please stop trying to wildly guess what players are going to average? We did the same thing with Mayo, and he turned out to be a dud.
If you want a forum that has intelligent conversations, maybe you should contribute something other than insults (jackass), criticism and "BS". Walking into a forum and telling people what to do and how to post instead of "correcting" them seems like the worst kind of forum behavior. Don't agree? Argue YOUR superior point.

That, or leave the forum and find a Mavs forum that doesn't have optimists on it. This is a Mavericks forum. There will be optimistic people. If you can't even muster a good argument and all you can muster is criticism of other posters, then maybe DM.com is too good for you.

Also, don't be condescending about your point, when you failed to make your point clear. When you post what you posted, it's not being a "jackass" to interpret it the way I did.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-10-2013 at 12:40 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #52
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Q1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYNUvAkD5hc
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Q2? That was an amazing quarter.

Still, some nice swishes by Dirk (3/3) and Carter (3/4)
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #54
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Whole game is here: http://heatbaby.com/memphis-grizzlie...es-oct-9-2013/
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote