Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of
Default Jason Kidd Has Retired

Although he left us for NYC last year, his contribution to this team and in the championship season cannot be ignored. The game will miss one of the greatest point guards of all time.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for 2011

Prime Jason was a monster.

Im allready sick of all this Rose/Jennings/Westbrick type of "PG´s"
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not fond of the way that he left us either (especially considering how bad our PG situation was this year) but I harbor no ill will towards J-Kidd. For my money, he is the best PG ever. Those Nets teams he dragged to the Finals were atrocious. 1 ASG appearance among his teammates total.

I don't think the PG position can be played much better than Kidd during our championship season. In the playoffs, he had such a huge burden on him between his defensive assignments and being the only real offensive facilitator next to Dirk. Glad that I have those Finals games on DVD to enjoy forever.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Best pg of that generation definitely. Id take him over Stockton or Nash. Never saw Magic.

And Prime Kidd is better than anything today Paul included.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Still the smartest player even this season.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

The greatest point guard right now IMO. One of the top players in triple doubles, assists, 3 point shots, steals, 3 NBA finals, rookie of the year, multiple time all NBA selection, and of course a true all star selection. Definitely the greatest PG at this time.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely have no ill will towards Kidd for not re-signing with us. He knew this day was coming sooner than later, and he would have had to play too big a part with us.

Thanks for helping win the big one.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for 2011 but...

How could you do 2012 to us? The people of this city relied on you, and you deserted them! You left us in the hands of HIM!

...er... him!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I as lucky enough to get his autograph on a post-game program of his first ever NBA triple double. Always liked him as a player but it was hard to overlook some of his off court conduct.

NBA Champion: 2011
10-time NBA All-Star: 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010
6-time All-NBA:
First Team: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004
Second Team: 2003
9-time All-Defensive Selection:
First Team : 1999, 2001, 2002, 2006
Second Team: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007
NBA co-Rookie of the Year: 1995 (with Grant Hill)
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1995
NBA All-Star Skills Challenge champion: 2003
5-time NBA regular-season leader, assists per game: 1999 (10.8), 2000 (10.1), 2001 (9.8), 2003 (8.9), 2004 (9.2)
3-time NBA regular-season leader, total assists: 1999 (539), 2001 (753), 2003 (711)
NBA regular-season leader, total steals: 2002 (175)

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 06-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

I have a bit of resentment towards him for how he left. Though honestly, we might actually have been better without him. What I really wanted was him to transition to our coaching staff to work with our guards. The way he screwed Cuban kinda makes that a pipe dream...
Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

As terrific of a passer and game manager as he was, the things I'll remember most about him are (1) his hands of steel, and (2) his ridiculously good crunch-time defense on a slew of top-10 NBA players 15+ years his junior.

Was a pleasure to watch him as a kid, and just as much a pleasure to watch him the second go around.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
I have a bit of resentment towards him for how he left. Though honestly, we might actually have been better without him. What I really wanted was him to transition to our coaching staff to work with our guards. The way he screwed Cuban kinda makes that a pipe dream...
Agreed, one day yes, next day no. You'd figure all the garbage he'd went through, he'd keep it close to the vest until he signed the contract.

Nevertheless, the guy has 5 kids in the NY area, a 6th his oldest is at St. John's. I think his stint with NJ helped him decide where he wanted to settle after his playing days were done.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #14
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
As terrific of a passer and game manager as he was, the things I'll remember most about him are (1) his hands of steel, and (2) his ridiculously good crunch-time defense on a slew of top-10 NBA players 15+ years his junior.

Was a pleasure to watch him as a kid, and just as much a pleasure to watch him the second go around.
For me, (3) is his punking of Mike Woodson. Also, Carlisle used to have hair...
Old 06-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
For me, (3) is his punking of Mike Woodson.
Wily vet move.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'm not fond of the way that he left us either (especially considering how bad our PG situation was this year) but I harbor no ill will towards J-Kidd. For my money, he is the best PG ever. Those Nets teams he dragged to the Finals were atrocious. 1 ASG appearance among his teammates total.

I don't think the PG position can be played much better than Kidd during our championship season. In the playoffs, he had such a huge burden on him between his defensive assignments and being the only real offensive facilitator next to Dirk. Glad that I have those Finals games on DVD to enjoy forever.
Best PG of his generation, yes. Nash was probably as good as a floor general in terms of offense, but he couldn't defend anybody. Best PG of all time is Magic, it isn't even close.

Thank you very much J-Kidd for all the time playing for the Mavs, in the 90's as well as from 2008 onwards. To win the title in 2011 was the culmination of a great career.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

That Atlanta game was just a privilege to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back and joins a contender for a playoff run down the stretch next season. He could absolutely help lead (in a limited way) a young, rising team like Memphis, Denver, or Indiana.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #18
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Best PG of his generation, yes. Nash was probably as good as a floor general in terms of offense, but he couldn't defend anybody. Best PG of all time is Magic, it isn't even close.

Thank you very much J-Kidd for all the time playing for the Mavs, in the 90's as well as from 2008 onwards. To win the title in 2011 was the culmination of a great career.
Agreed, Magic was best of all time.

It seems fitting that Kidd and Grant Hill were co-rookies of the year and they retired at the same time.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #19
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

He just knew how to play the game better than most. The stats are there and so is the hardware. Can't wait to see the jersey hang. First ballot for sure.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #20
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoan-maverickII View Post
He just knew how to play the game better than most. The stats are there and so is the hardware. Can't wait to see the jersey hang. First ballot for sure.
Brings up an interesting question. Does Kidd get his numbered retired in Dallas?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #21
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I think his number probably will be retired eventually. But he'll have to wait. No way his jersey hangs before Dirk's or JET's, at the very least.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I think his number probably will be retired eventually. But he'll have to wait. No way his jersey hangs before Dirk's or JET's, at the very least.
Correct.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #23
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well he did start his NBA career in Dallas before Dirk and JET. I'd like it retired next season before Brooklyn tries to beat us to it. But then again he was in New Jersey.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #24
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
That Atlanta game was just a privilege to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back and joins a contender for a playoff run down the stretch next season. He could absolutely help lead (in a limited way) a young, rising team like Memphis, Denver, or Indiana.
Yeah, that Atlanta game was amazing. I was convinced that night that he would be able to play until he was 50, just off his veteran wiles.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen hands like his. My bud and I called him "the claw". If he ever got his hands on it, he came away with it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #26
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Well he did start his NBA career in Dallas before Dirk and JET. I'd like it retired next season before Brooklyn tries to beat us to it. But then again he was in New Jersey.
Well, honestly, the Nets should retire his number. And they probably should be the ones to do it first. He spent his prime years with that franchise and was the best player (by far) on two finals squads with them.

Beyond that, why should it matter to the Mavs what the Nets do? And who cares that he was a Mav before Dirk and JET? His first stint with the team is nothing but a token in the argument for why his number should be retired. It's only because of the championship that we're having this conversation in the first place.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:40 AM   #27
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Has there ever been a situation where two cities were in a war over who gets to retire someones number?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #28
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

His helped us win an NBA championship and that is what i will remember him for
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #29
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoan-maverickII View Post
Has there ever been a situation where two cities were in a war over who gets to retire someones number?
Miami retired Michael Jordan's number

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #30
Underdog

Quote:
Well, honestly, the Nets should retire his number. And they probably should be the ones to do it first. He spent his prime years with that franchise and was the best player (by far) on two finals squads with them.
Who cares where he spent his prime? Jason Kidd played 500 regular season games in a Mavericks uniform and 506 games in a Nets uniform, but he won Rookie of the Year and an NBA Championship in Dallas, whereas he won jacksquat in New Jersey.

Just because the Nets don't have any tradition as a franchise doesn't mean they get the edge here... His greatest accomplishments as a player came in Dallas, so his jersey should be retired in Dallas.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #31
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Who cares where he spent his prime? Jason Kidd played 500 regular season games in a Mavericks uniform and 506 games in a Nets uniform, but he won Rookie of the Year and an NBA Championship in Dallas, whereas he won jacksquat in New Jersey.

Just because the Nets don't have any tradition as a franchise doesn't mean they get the edge here... His greatest accomplishments as a player came in Dallas, so his jersey should be retired in Dallas.
I'm not arguing his jersey shouldn't be retired in Dallas because he spent his prime in NJ. I'm just saying that his jersey should be retired by the Nets. Are you suggesting that the Nets retiring his jersey should have any bearing whatsoever on whether and when Dallas retires his jersey?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
I'm not arguing his jersey shouldn't be retired in Dallas because he spent his prime in NJ. I'm just saying that his jersey should be retired by the Nets. Are you suggesting that the Nets retiring his jersey should have any bearing whatsoever on whether and when Dallas retires his jersey?
Can two franchises hang the same player's jersey in their rafters?

Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

When you can take Brian Scalabrine, Kieth Van Horn and Todd McCullough to the NBA finals, you are one of the best PGs of all time.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Oscar Robertson
Julius Irving
Pistol Pete
Wilt Chamberlain
Earl Monroe
Clyde Drexler
Michael Jordan
Kareem Abudl-Jabar
Charles Barkley
Nate Thurmond

all had jerseys retired in at least 2 cities.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #35
Underdog

Fine, whatever... Brooklyn (a city he never played for) can hang a lone Jason Kidd jersey in their rafters, while Dallas can put his up next to Dirk, Terry and the 2011 NBA Championship.

Posers.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #36
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Fine, whatever... Brooklyn (a city he never played for) can hang a lone Jason Kidd jersey in their rafters, while Dallas can put his up next to Dirk, Terry and the 2011 NBA Championship.

Posers.
Haha, no arguments there.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #37
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
When you can take Brian Scalabrine, Keith Van Horn and Todd McCullough to the NBA finals, you are one of the best PGs of all time.
What are you trying to say about my man KVH? I won't stand for this!

Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #38
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
What are you trying to say about my man KVH? I won't stand for this!
Killer! Loved that dude. Wish his health would've allowed him to have a longer career with the Mavs.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #39
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
When you can take Brian Scalabrine, Kieth Van Horn and Todd McCullough to the NBA finals, you are one of the best PGs of all time.
the only bad player on that list is mcCullough
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theunticket.com/the-fake-...-song-catalog/

I'll contribute a little.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote