Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #41
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

We are adding efficient players
Amongst 82 qualified pg's)
Calderon: 61.6 TS % (1st)
Harris: 56.5 % TS (13th)
Old 07-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #42
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
If a trade is brewing two choices come to mind...Okafor and Mcgee
you are out of your mind. McGee is staying in Denver they trade koufus for him to start and okafor is overpaid
Old 07-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 4s

Per http://82games.com , Devin Harris split time evenly between PG and SG last season. Hawks +20 with him at PG, +133 with him at SG.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 18s

Three years, $9M+ is solid value for Devin Harris (per the great @ESPNSteinLine). Not sure what Mavs are building, but that's a good deal.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #45
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Nice value, and he should provide a good complement to calderon.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #46
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Nice signing. Versatile and good defender. Can still get to the rim. And it seems like he wanted to be here.
Welcome back!

Last edited by mac222b; 07-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #47
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Thank you Devin for not making me look stupid anymore...

Oh wait, you probably won't start, but hey, it's all good.
HA! - you were the first guy I thought of after hearing about this.

+rep
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #48
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

At this rate, we can expect to see J.J. Barea back in a Mavs uni in about three or four years.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #49
mavs777
Diamond Member

Mike Prada ‏@MikePradaSBN 3h

Really curious what Devin Harris gets in this market, by the way. I'd rather have him than Jack.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #50
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
you are out of your mind. McGee is staying in Denver they trade koufus for him to start and okafor is overpaid
You don't understand how it works:

Cubes needs a Center...Okafor a top 20 center in the league
Cubes like his powder very dry....Okafor a huge 14 M expiring
and Okafor brings the type of Center that could work well with Dirk a defensive minded good rebounder one, additionally Okafor has the super motivation to do well:

1. He was the 2nd pick after DHoward
2. He is from Houston
3. He is in a contract year

and did I mention one of the best trading partners in the last 10 years...The Wizards formerly known as the Bullets
Case closed

Last edited by pepe; 07-06-2013 at 08:05 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

You folks complaining about this need to chill at least until you see what the remaining moves are.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't understand how it works:

Cubes needs a Center...Okafor a top 20 center in the league
Cubes like his powder very dry....Okafor a huge 14 M expiring
and Okafor brings the type of Center that could work well with Dirk a defensive minded good rebounder one, additionally Okafor has the super motivation to do well:

1. He was the 2nd pick after DHoward
2. He is from Houston
3. He is in a contract year

Case closed
Wouldnt mind Okafor but Bullets drafted Porter and re-signed Webster and still have Ariza. Not sure they want Shawn. Also they're trying to make a playoff push and are pretty thin upfront
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #53
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

Nice signing, i prefer going undersized at the two rather than signing one of the remaining FA SG's, because the only SG who i like is Henderson and he 's a RFA.
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #54
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Would be nice to find a way to squeeze Bynum into this line up

PG. Calderon
SG. Harris
SF. Carter
PF. Nowitzki
C. Bynum
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #55
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonic View Post
Nice signing, i prefer going undersized at the two rather than signing one of the remaining FA SG's, because the only SG who i like is Henderson and he 's a RFA.
I like Henderson too. Charlotte would probably match unless we seriously overpaid him. I think signing Devin is a nice under the radar move
Old 07-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #56
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Okay I'm scratching my head on this one. I like Devin though so I guess I approve.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #57
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
If a trade is brewing two choices come to mind...Okafor and Mcgee
Would not mind McGee even though he is an idiot.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #58
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Mcgee i'd definitely be eyeing now.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #59
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Big fan of this signing. I would probably start Vince now and have Devin as the first guard off the bench. If he can come in and aggressively attack the paint, we'd be in business offensively.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #60
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Great value for a solid contributor. He can play two positions well, can start in a pinch, and give you a change of pace off the bench. Carlisle has thrived with a diverse lineup. And filling it out with very solid payers like Harris fits right into what Rick does best.

I'm hoping that Ledo gets plenty of burn at the SG. And I think his game would actually work well in a lineup where Harris is running the point for draw and kick opportunities off the bench. That could add some nice reserve scoring punch.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #61
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all in with Devin's return. My only knock on him is his durability. Still grateful for the job he did on San Antonio in the first push to the finals.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #62
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm hoping that Ledo gets plenty of burn at the SG. And I think his game would actually work well in a lineup where Harris is running the point for draw and kick opportunities off the bench. That could add some nice reserve scoring punch.
I wouldn't count on Ledo getting next to any burn this season... much less "plenty".

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #63
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I wouldn't count on Ledo getting next to any burn this season... much less "plenty".

I'd be shocked if Ledo even gets out of the DLeague during his rookie year.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #64
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm curious as to what other moves are in place. This is a very value type signing...we need a center though. Trade? Bynum? Cap space running out...

I think Harris slots in best as a SG in this signing...I think we have to just sit back and let this all play out before making any particular judgments...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #65
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
That's why I used "hoping" instead of "predicting". I "hope" that he gets "plenty" of burn because I don't see too many swingmen on the current roster who can create their own shots, handle the ball well, score from anywhere, and use both hands to finish near the basket. He "could" give a nice scoring punch off the bench.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #66
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I get that ppl are confused that we are loading up on PGs, but I like that we're collecting some assets on valueable contracts. 3M per is really nice although I'd like to more youth in the rotation.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #67
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
That's why I used "hoping" instead of "predicting". I "hope" that he gets "plenty" of burn because I don't see too many swingmen on the current roster who can create their own shots, handle the ball well, score from anywhere, and use both hands to finish near the basket. He "could" give a nice scoring punch off the bench.
Carlisle hates to play young players so I can see him in the D-League all season.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #68
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Lets keep an eye on him in the summer league and pre-season first. Who knows how he'll pan out.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #69
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
Carlisle hates to play young players so I can see him in the D-League all season.
That line is so worn out - 2 of our 3 rookies last year started multiple games.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #70
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
I don't think it takes "hate for young players" to make someone believe a guy that didn't play one minute of college might need a full season of prep in the DLeague.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #71
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't think it takes "hate for young players" to make someone believe a guy that didn't play one minute of college might need a full season of prep in the DLeague.
I wonder if it would be better to spend a year in college or the D league to develop? I know college is out of the question at this point but I'm just curious. I'd tend to think college as its more about the team but then again D league would be against superior talent..
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #72
#41 Shoot em up
Banned

#41 Shoot em up is infamous around these parts#41 Shoot em up is infamous around these parts

Why do people keep bringing up Mcgee and Okafor in this thread??? McGee is staying in Denver (the firing of George Karl confirmed as much) and Okafor?? lol

Personally i see the Mavs trading for a 2 guard after they wrap Bynum up.
#41 Shoot em up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a problem with Okafor
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #74
yahyes
Banned

I wouldn't have mind Okafor 5 years ago.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-07-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #75
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I don't have a problem with Okafor
Me either but hard to make it work with his salary. Wont have a problem with signing him next offseason to a short contract...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #76
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely sefant..but some act as if he's dogsh*t... just saying that I have no problem with that guy on my team...
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #77
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Or not :/
Stein reports Harris has an injured toe, he and Mavs scrap plans on deal.....

We lose Harris and Larkin(for a bit) in one day....

Crazy offseason
Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #78
Murphy3
Guru

Have a link? If the deal is "scrapped", the injury must be serious or harris is scared off by the signing of Ellis.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #79
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Stein is saying a deal is still possible down the road, but that Harris's surgery will keep him out til the start of the reg season.

I hope that's true. I'd still like for the Mavs to bring him back (perhaps at an even more reduced price?).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #80
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you kill a 3 year deal because a veteran player is going to miss camp? Seems more likely that one of the parties got cold feet.