Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #81
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you kill a 3 year deal because a veteran player is going to miss camp? Seems more likely that one of the parties got cold feet.
Well I'm sure Harris had to pass a physical right? Wouldn't the physical almost automatically reneg the contract if he didn't pass? I think the fact that the Mavs still want him is a bonus to Harris. (And I'm one of his biggest fans) But a player that is injured all the time like Harris does a team lesser good.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #82
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you kill a 3 year deal because a veteran player is going to miss camp? Seems more likely that one of the parties got cold feet.
I'm thinking DH, seeing diminishing playing time with Ellis on board, probably said something along the lines of "nah bro it's cool nvm" to the Mavs.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 07-12-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #83
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I'm thinking DH, seeing diminishing playing time with Ellis on board, probably said something along the lines of "nah bro it's cool nvm" to the Mavs.
Stein said the Mavs contacted Ellis as soon as DH deal fell apart.

Too bad, bc I liked him and because we now decided to go with Monta freaking Ellis...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #84
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didnt they sign Ellis as a result of his broken toe? And Donnie did say it was a long shot to getting ellis yesterday
Old 07-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #85
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Worries me some, because Harris was a solid piece when Monta starts getting jump shot happy on the court.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #86
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You get Monta and use the 3M you planned to give Devin to Dalembert.

And maybe sign Devin later to a one year contract.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #87
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
#1. WHO ARE YOU?!

#2. It seems awfully fishy to me as well. Like the Mavs were looking for ANYTHING and found an extremely convenient dislocated toe.

Heck, it it gives them money to bring in Sammy, I'm down.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #88
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I don't like this at all. Seems like the mavs backed out with a weak escape clause to sign Ellis.

Mark is quickly getting a reputation for being a skeezy owner towards the players. It's no surprise he got pimp slapped like he did this free agency.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #89
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well I'm sure Harris had to pass a physical right? Wouldn't the physical almost automatically reneg the contract if he didn't pass? I think the fact that the Mavs still want him is a bonus to Harris. (And I'm one of his biggest fans) But a player that is injured all the time like Harris does a team lesser good.
Sooooo close to making your handle relevant again!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #90
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Sooooo close to making your handle relevant again!
DevinHarriswillstart for another team midseason. we may sign metta now

pass the rock to the german moses

Last edited by jamaljasonandjimmy; 07-12-2013 at 09:20 PM.
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #91
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I doubt the physical would AUTOMATICALLY negate the contract or, in this case, agreement. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Bynum couldn't pass a physical right now. It does give either party a convenient out though. I'd lean towards Devin since it would be bad form for the team to pull out over with seems like a minor injury. I guess there's also the possibility that it's not as minor as it seems.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #92
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I doubt the physical would AUTOMATICALLY negate the contract or, in this case, agreement. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Bynum couldn't pass a physical right now. It does give either party a convenient out though. I'd lean towards Devin since it would be bad form for the team to pull out over with seems like a minor injury. I guess there's also the possibility that it's not as minor as it seems.
Wasn't that similar to the case on Tyson and OKC?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #93
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
#1. WHO ARE YOU?!

#2. It seems awfully fishy to me as well. Like the Mavs were looking for ANYTHING and found an extremely convenient dislocated toe.

Heck, it it gives them money to bring in Sammy, I'm down.
Former Sikey award winner...gotta be in your records somewhere

If it had to guess I'd say it was Devin. If we backed out of the deal over a dislocated toe that won't cause him to miss any games agents won't look at that favorably. I don't think it would be worth the possible long term risk to save $9M over 3 years.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #94
moogle

moogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to allmoogle is a name known to all

Quote:

From what I understand, Devin will require 2-3 months recovery time after surgery to fix his toe. It's not a minor injury at all. And if it's a preexisting injury, then the Mavs had every right to back out of the original agreement.
moogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #95
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Former Sikey award winner...gotta be in your records somewhere
Good times!

Quote:
If it had to guess I'd say it was Devin. If we backed out of the deal over a dislocated toe that won't cause him to miss any games agents won't look at that favorably. I don't think it would be worth the possible long term risk to save $9M over 3 years.

If losing out Devin means we grab Dalembert, I'm ok with that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #96
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wasn't that similar to the case on Tyson and OKC?
Very similar and Tyson was pissed when that happened. The difference is, if we believe Stein, Devin is still in play here.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #97
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

From a purely business standpoint, it seems pretty insane to enter into a 9 million dollar guaranteed contract knowing that the player you're about to sign needs surgery with a significant recovery time.

Seems on the up and up to me, personally. It's not like they got a huge bargain on Ellis. Seems to me they chose Devin and his contract over Ellis, and then moved on to a backup plan when Devin's issue arose.

Also, it's a good day when a Dirno sighting happens.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-12-2013 at 10:41 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #98
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

This bums me out. Was really looking forward to having Devin back on the Mavs. Sigh. Hopefully just a delay in the reunion rather than a permanent derailing.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
This bums me out. Was really looking forward to having Devin back on the Mavs.
In all sincerity, "Why?"

Think he brings something substantial to the table? or more sentimental reasons?

Old 07-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #100
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In all sincerity, "Why?"

Think he brings something substantial to the table? or more sentimental reasons?
I liked the contract, and thought he'd be a good pairing with Calderon as a starter at SG and change of pace backup PG. And I miss rooting for him. So both.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #101
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Two recent tweets from Marc Stein indicate that Devin and the Mavs are working on a new contract. Yay!

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 14m
Hearing: Mavs & Devin Harris in talks on new deal after parties forced to cancel earlier three-year, $9M deal because Harris needs toe op

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 12m
Details still being sorted out but Harris & Mavs, I'm told, on course for their planned reunion w/revised contract. DH aiming for NOV return
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #102
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Seems overloaded at guard. Gotta assume we are exploring moving Carter for a C?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #103
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! DHWS doesn't have to change his name.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #104
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Seems overloaded at guard. Gotta assume we are exploring moving Carter for a C?
Carter really didn't play a lot of shooting guard over the course of last season. He did in his first year, posting up small guards, but not so much last year.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #105
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Calderon/Harris
Ellis/Ellington

That's a flexible guard rotation...Carlisle must be licking his chops.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #106
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Yay! DHWS doesn't have to change his name.
I wasn't going to anyway! Devin Harris for life!

Great, our guard rotation is pretty swell. Harris coming back by November isn't that bad...although we know how foot problems can go *cough Roddy *cough.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #107
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Calderon/Harris
Ellis/Ellington

That's a flexible guard rotation...Carlisle must be licking his chops.
Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the three-guard lineup, *Underdog*!

Calderon, Ellis, Harris, Marion/Carter, Dirk

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 07-16-2013 at 12:23 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Sounds like Harris really wants to be a Mav again. If that is the case, that is cool.

I hope that it is not a case of no one else having ANY interest in him.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #109
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds like Harris really wants to be a Mav again. If that is the case, that is cool.

I hope that it is not a case of no one else having ANY interest in him.
I'm sure many, many teams would take him at the vet min. A few might even give him some chunk of the MLE. My guess is he's particularly interested in returning to Dallas.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #110
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, assuming Dalembert/Center X takes up our room exception (we're out of cap space, right?) Devin is going to have to take a pay cut to come back to Dallas... unless we have a trade brewing.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #111
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

With the surgery, I think you only want to give him the minimum. He'll miss some time and take some time to get up to 100%. He is also injury prone so you can expect him to miss some time later down the road anyways.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #112
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Devin knows that the Mavs are probably the best team to get his career back on track.

And i think RC will use a lot of the mentioned pairing Jose/Harris and Ellis/Ellington to avoid too much of Calderon/Ellis.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #113
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

It's awesome how the FO doesn't want a repeat of craptacular guard play like last season.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #114
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's awesome how the FO doesn't want a repeat of craptacular guard play like last season.
Anytime the year is 2013 and you're starting guys like Dominique Jones, Derek Fisher and Mike James at point guard, you're in trouble.

I fear we are going too far the other way though. Last year, we got all the bigs and still year we have no bigs.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #115
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I fear we are going too far the other way though. Last year, we got all the bigs and still year we have no bigs.
I think we HAVE to assume that the FO has at least one decent big on lock, right?

Old 07-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #116
Underdog

Quote:
I think we HAVE to assume that the FO has at least one decent big on lock, right?
I've heard zero Dalembert rumors since we met with him, so I'm thinking we probably have him locked up - it's just a matter of how much he's going to get... Which could be dependent on what Oden decides.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #117
Melonhead
Guru

In the article it states they will have a deal done ONCE the C position is finalized. Very anxious to see who we get(Dalembert/Oden)
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #118
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It is bothering me that I can read the word "Oden" without seeing "Odom." God help me.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #119
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It is bothering me that I can read the word "Oden" without seeing "Odom." God help me.
I don't want to derail the thread, but that guy royally screwed us. I do believe that fiasco hurt the Mavs reputation big time.

But then there a player who is the total opposite of Odumb and wants to be here named Devin Harris.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #120
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Huzzah!