Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #121
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It is bothering me that I can read the word "Oden" without seeing "Odom." God help me.
Let's call him Greg O.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #122
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Or "Three Legs"
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #123
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I think Devin knows that the Mavs are probably the best team to get his career back on track.

And i think RC will use a lot of the mentioned pairing Jose/Harris and Ellis/Ellington to avoid too much of Calderon/Ellis.
If its a three year deal that's likely the rest of his career tbh. With his skill level it's doubtful he can get another contract at 33.

I'm not bagging on the guy. I think he will help this team and should provide a spark off the bench and a guy that can guard the speedier pg's.

I do think the mavs need a Deshawn Stevenson type. A big body defensive minded guy that can guard the bigger 2's.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #124
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Let's call him Greg O.
That theory cannot be proven.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #125
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Deal is done. Devin's a Mav again!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #126
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #127
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Deal is done. Devin's a Mav again!
Where do you see this reported?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #128
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/...n-harris.html/
Quote:
Mavericks sign free agent guard Devin Harris
DALLAS — The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have signed free agent guard Devin Harris. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Harris (6-3, 192) joins the Mavericks for his second stint after spending 2004-08 in Dallas when his draft rights were acquired from Washington, along with Jerry Stackhouse and Christian Laettner, in a draft day trade for Antawn Jamison on June 24, 2004. Harris played in 251 games (123 starts) for the Mavericks and averaged 9.4 points, 3.4 assists and 1.1 steals in 22.8 minutes per game. He was also an integral part of the 2005-06 Western Conference Championship squad that earned the franchise’s first Finals appearance.

Eventually traded from Dallas to the New Jersey Nets in a deal that brought Jason Kidd back to the Mavericks, Harris holds career averages of 12.8 points, 4.9 assists, 2.4 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 27.8 minutes in 601 games (442 starts) with Dallas, New Jersey, Utah and Atlanta.

Harris had a standout 2008-09 season in New Jersey when he was named to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team. That year, Harris averaged 21.3 points and 6.9 assists in 69 games.

The Milwaukee native, was named 2003-04 Big Ten Player of the Year at Wisconsin where he broke Michael Finley’s single-season scoring record with 624 points (19.5 ppg) in his junior season. He was also named Second Team All-America by The Associated Press.
Pretty cool. I always liked the guy. He just wasn't (and still isn't) ready to be a starting PG. Last time he was on this team, we went to the finals. I don't expect the same results this time, but he's better now for us than he was when we traded him for Kidd.

Some amazing stats:

Better size, passing (pass rating) and ball handling (hands rating) than Collison
67.5% of his shots last year were layups, dunks or floaters in the paint.
His ability to draw fouls and his ability to drive into the paint allowed him to crack the top 13 most efficient scorers at the PG position TS%)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-31-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #129
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Where do you see this reported?
DMN and BG's twitter account.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #130
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
I'd love to see what we'd look like if Devin started at the 2 and Ellis was our new Stackhouse.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #131
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

My boy DH is back. I miss the way he slashes to the basket.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #132
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to have Devin back. He's so much more fundamentally sound from when he left us. Improved jumper, improved passing, better handle and the ability to stop on a dime. His health is usually a concern though...

PS - I still remember a few years ago, Devin Harris, Leandro Barbosa, and Monta Ellis were always being compared to one another, because they were the three fastest guards in the league. Cool how Devin and Monta are now on the same team.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #133
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
Devinharriswillstart
I hope we will see
DevinharriswillfinishthegamesinsteadofCalderon

RC has a lot of options now and i think we are going to see a lot of different lineups in crunch time. We may not have the talent that we had in '11 but we have the same versatility of that year.
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #134
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Back Devin. I was always a fan. His only problem here was his durability. His penchant from throwing his body wildly into the lane cost him many games, yet he remained fearless.

I will always remember the last time I saw him in person. He had come to my company for a meeting. He was on crutches...not sure who was driving the Ferrari he left parked in the drive. I told him how much we needed him back...the next week he was headed for Jersey in the Kidd swap.

Without him running Tony Parker ragged, we would have never made it to the Finals the 1st time. I'd love to see him get another shot at Miami.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #135
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
My boy DH is back. I miss the way he slashes to the basket.
67.5% of his shots inside. That has to be a record for a PG.

Also top-13 in TS% at the guard position (Calderon is #1)

And defensively feisty (made about a 6% defensive difference with the Hawks)
Old 07-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #136
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

He also holds the Guinness World Record for going baseline to baseline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wf9Hz3bfpA
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #137
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Just look at this clutch shot : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOsRE9Xewk4 (4:03 Mark)
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #138
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Welcome Back Devin. I was always a fan. His only problem here was his durability. His penchant from throwing his body wildly into the lane cost him many games, yet he remained fearless.

I will always remember the last time I saw him in person. He had come to my company for a meeting. He was on crutches...not sure who was driving the Ferrari he left parked in the drive. I told him how much we needed him back...the next week he was headed for Jersey in the Kidd swap.

Without him running Tony Parker ragged, we would have never made it to the Finals the 1st time. I'd love to see him get another shot at Miami.

Nobody could stop Devin from going to the hoop in those days except David Stern. I'll never forget that first game in Miami. On Devin's first drive to the hoop Shaq knocked him down with the full force of his body and no foul was called. He was able to do that to Devin the rest of that series. Yes it's sour grapes but I still believe that the Stern bias against Cuban doomed that team.

I was pleased that the Mavs got some redemption in the title year but the franchise should have two NBA titles.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #139
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Devin was the first sig I ever had on this site - might have to bust it out again if he starts killing it for the Mavs like he used to...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote